[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hotels only sold to attendees who bought badges >No guest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: fanime-logo.png (28KB, 708x111px) Image search: [Google]
fanime-logo.png
28KB, 708x111px
>Hotels only sold to attendees who bought badges
>No guest announcements
>No program announcements
>No Press announcements
>No AA announcements
>Screw over anyone who actually wants to gauge their interest in going to fanime through waiting.

It's like they never learn. BTW hotel regs go up tomorrow. Not even comic con is this ruthless.
>>
>>9272111
>non-refundable, non-transferable badges
>Hotels go up before AA confirmations are sent
>No separate hotel block for AA or Press

They really just want to screw everybody over don't they?
>>
>>9272111
Also not to mention announcing registration the DAY BEFORE and not even having pricing information readily available. What a shitshow. i'ts just straight up embarrassing at this point.

My friends and I decided to skip out this year and try going to AX instead.
>>
>>9272116
With all the content AX has there's no excuse to go to Fanime. AX charges a lot of cash but at least you see where it goes.

Fanime rakes in a ton of money but the con does not improv one iota.
>>
I'm so glad I decided not to do Fanime this year. Holy shit. This is some weapons-grade fuckery.
>>
File: freak out.gif (1MB, 410x230px) Image search: [Google]
freak out.gif
1MB, 410x230px
Fanime is amazingly good at fucking up

>Horrible reg lines for years
>Somehow manages to fix it and make nice short reg lines for about 3 years
>Magically fucks it all up again and reverts back to insane lines in 2016

And I haven't confirmed this one because I threw away my con book before I could check but the Weekly Shonen Jump podcast panel and the Comedy in Osaka panels were both ones I would have been interested in going to but only found out about later because they weren't listed in the schedule.

>Masquerade used to be the epitome of what US anime con masqs could be with great prices and skits
>Masq chair leaves and the thing falls to shit including dumb normie bands playing 1 hour sets for the opener

And my favorite
>2016
>Registration requirement for hotel
>Manage to get room at Fairmont
>Get a call two days before con
>"Sorry but the Fanimecon people didn't give us the gust list so the Fairmont sold those rooms that were supposed to be Fanime"
>Everyone that booked at the Fairmont months in advance is now shoved into satellite hotels

To be fair everyone was given free rooms but I would have much rather had an at-con room rather than relying on the shuttle and non-existent parking

The shitty part is that I'm still going to keep going though because there isn't any other sizable cons within driving distance and a lot of my west coast friends make the trip
>>
My wish one day is someone working on the inside will get fed up and just tell us why everything is a shitshow. Fanime needs to be run by someone new. I forgot his name, but the douche that took over in 2008 after the old dude has ruined fanime.
>>
>>9272138
>The shitty part is that I'm still going to keep going though because there isn't any other sizable cons within driving distance and a lot of my west coast friends make the trip

Same.

This is why Fanime wins. They're way too big and everyone goes. Even if the con fucks up with events you still end up having a good time due to the fact some many of your friends are there and the place is 24/7
>>
>>9272111
I can't ever unsee "Famine Con"

>sage for no contriboot
>>
https://www4.cmrreg.com/fanime2017/

Reg live and they managed to link the wrong link on Facebook...
>>
>>9272111
See ya never again, fagime
Fooled me once before, I won't be the fool this time sucka
>>
Ghost the con, suckas. Or just stick around for room parties. Fanime is literally going to keep crutching on this shitty system until they implode. May as well quicken their fate.
>>
Unpopular opinion, but I like the new hotel system. Yeah they fucked people over last year by announcing it well after pre-registration started but this year they gave the heads up and they need to do something about the server crashing demand they deal with annually.
>>
File: 1475417775269.jpg (72KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
1475417775269.jpg
72KB, 600x586px
>Everyone bitching and moaning
>You're all still going to go

Don't act like you won't
>>
>>9272832
Ghosting the con gives the impression that the con is worth going to but you're just too cheap to buy a badge.

If you do that then Fanime will just try to close off more of the con to non badge users. If you want Fanime to implode then just not show up
>>
>>9272919
I actually am not going this year.
I realized I could just save my money for a better AX experience. Especially after my staff friend told me why they fucked up fanime lines.
>>
>>9272116
You should definitely go to AX. Great con experience with so MUCH content. A little on the expensive side but it's so much more worth it then Fanime especially if you save your money and not go to Fanime.
>>
>>9273079
Good, do yourself a favor man
>>
>>9272111
>Screw over anyone who actually wants to gauge their interest in going to fanime through waiting
Fanime has been the same as every year for the past what, 5 years? Lackluster guests and depending solely on the fact that it's a hangout con where you have to make your own fun. You don't even have to pretend that they're going to have good guests. If you choose to go you go because your friends are.

I have really low expectations for this con and only go because I'm local and don't have to worry about a hotel.
>>
>>9273185
>that it's a hangout con where you have to make your own fun.

how is that unlike other cons? In fact I'd say big guest heavy cons like Comic con you have to try harder to make your own fun as you have to actively plan and map out your time to hit the 2 to 3 events you want
>>
>>9273079
Funny thing about AX was how people were complaining how it got too industry focused and wish for an experience more like Fanime
>>
>>9273414
The difference is that other big cons give you a lot more things to do. Fanime's only attraction is that it's there and people go to it. There's very few good guests or big events that people go for.
>>
>>9274058
>The difference is that other big cons give you a lot more things to do.

Fanime has

>24 hour stage zero programming
>24 hour video rooms
>Late night hentai screens
>User submitted fan events (which are completely separate from fan panels)
>Black and White Ball with lessons
>Ability to run late night cosplay gatherings in the convention center (there was a 60 person Kings Game downstairs one year complete with P4 statue)
>24 Video game and board game rule complete with gigantic Jenga and high end PCs
>Music Fest

I like fanime because there's more emphasis on the spontaneous and user interaction. This goes double as it seems cons in CA have kicked fan content to the curb. AX shoves them in a small room, AoD panels are all lecture and industry base and Sac Anime got rid of fan panels completely. Outside of ALA, Fanime is the only other con in CA that does this.

However what I'm concerned with is that this new policy is essentially forcing artist, vendors and press to buy a badge NOW before any announcements of dealers hall or AA is released.
>>
Bitches please. They actually let people for artist alley early and they have tickets out early. They are early on stuff so far and its not even the new year. Calm the tits.
>>
Im glad they are only allowing people with badges to get the Fanime reserved rooms. Keeps the ghosters from getting those rooms. Artist Alley was announced. Program is too early to be announced. Guests still have 6 months.
>>
>>9274197
Cept you know hotel priority is dependent on when you factor in the following

>Last year hotel priority was based off of how soon you bought your badge
>Fanime has a history of announcing stuff at the last minute
>Badges can not be refunded or transfred

For those who need to make money off of this con you're forced into a situation where you need to buy a badge now and pray you get accepted to your panel, AA, dealers or press. If you don't then too bad, Fanime still gets y our cash and gets your statistic so they can claim a higher badge sale count than attendees who go
>>
>>9274197
>>9274200
What the hell are you guys talking about AA is not decided at all. It exists, but they haven't told any artists if they've gotten in or not. Artists have to pay for a $55 badge if they want a hotel room, on the chance they get in later. If they don't, they're out the $55, or they're out a hotel room.
>>
Lol, all the fake press fucks freaking out.

Your blog that has 5 followers does not count you as press you exploiting fucks.

the only people that should be complaining are artists and vendors.
>>
>>9275029
See you at the con!!
>>
>>9274171
I remember seeing an argument between a hardcore Fanime defender and some other guy earlier this year and then suddenly when Fanime was a total shitfest the defender up and disappeared. This was during the con itself and after the con.
>>
This is my first year going and, despite hearing bad things, I'm from Texas and my main con is A-kon and they're awful and I go every year, so I figure... whatever.

But I suppose i can still have fun just by getting to see my friends that live in california, if nothing else.
>>
>>9276454
San Jose is still a pretty cool place to visit and hang out for nerds.
>>
>>9274197
You're a dumb fuck lol. Probably part of staff or sucks staff dick.
>>
i learned my lesson last year....this year i'm just gonna daytrip it and maybe get a 1 day pass for the AA. all i really go to are the cosplay meetups and those for the most part happen outside or off-site.
>>
>>9277143
Yeah. Any cool stuff in particular I should see in the city? I've never even been to California before in general lol.
>>
>>9277450
Most of the usual tourist stuff is up in SF which is an hour away so you can easily go there. You can even take Caltrain from Diridon Station all the way to SF (costs like $15 though). SJ has some museums, parks, and gardens. Lots of places to eat.

>>9277380
Borrow a pass from a friend for an hour or two. Fanime gets you by making the one day passes almost as expensive as the full weekend passes in the hopes you just pay for the weekend one.
>>
>>9277450
AFKgg Gamer Lounge is cool if you've never been to a gamer-centered cafe/restaurant before. They have some events during Fanime like a maid cafe and tournaments. the whole area has a lot of good places to eat
>>
anyone would like to meet SJ anon while your out here?
>>
>>9277627
Only if you're not a creeper.
>>
>>9277675
fanime is for scumbags and all of sj are creepers.
I bet it's a fat sweaty guy that faps to Nico.
>>9277627
you're, idiot cali scum
>>
>>9277740
Someone's salty
>>
File: 1475777187038.jpg (69KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475777187038.jpg
69KB, 720x960px
One year the badge pickup was great and a decent part of the con became tolerable.
The next year it became absolute shit.
Staff friend told me how the higher ups are dumb fucks.
>some dudes made a system that makes badge pickup become efficient
>all the reg machines, all the badge printers, everything is neatly programmed and works perfectly
>fanime refuse to pay those guys
>gets into lawful dispute
>fanime can't use the system
Fanime has 2 (TWO) badge printer for every 1 (ONE) receptionist. It prints so quickly because it is in tandem and makes badge pickup really fast.
>Fanime has to hire a third party now
>1 (ONE) badge printer for every 2 (TWO) receptionist now
>LITERALLY 25% badge output
>staff friend asks what to do if their company machine breaks
>company be like "naw it's not going to break"
>it breaks in the first 20mins
>have to call company to come fix it
>some printers misplace where the names are (this happened to me)
>force to reprint wasting time for everyone
>6 hour long badge pickup line
The worse part is that Fanime literally owns their own printers and registration machines but can't use them because they refuse to pay the dudes who made the system for it. The third party requires fanime to rent machine that the third party can utilize and setup. Basically Fanime has to now pay more for the third party for a shittier badge pickup because they refuse to pay the dudes who ended the linecon.
>>
>>9278077
You should bring that back up near the he convention. I'd love to see an attempted explanation by fanime staff.
>>
>>9279818
You can all expect linecon again because pretty sure Fanime entered a 2 year contract with the third party.
>>
Just go to the clockwork alchemy pickup. fuck fanime pickup ND their autistic staff.
>>
>>9281010
Pretty much this. There's no reason to go to Fanime pickup over CA except for badge art if that matters to you.

I can't imagine Clockwork Alchemy enjoys dealing with Fanime at all
>>
>>9281017
>I can't imagine Clockwork Alchemy enjoys dealing with Fanime at all

lol Clockwork IS Fanime though

ARG owns both properties, never forget ARG is a for-profit corporation with cheap shareholders that bleed the con for every penny
>>
File: 675392-spike72.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
675392-spike72.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
1 FanimeCon Membership $55.00
Total Registration Fees: $55.00

Total Payment To Date: $55.00
See you at Fanime Conboy!
>>
hey you three guys that were in animal onesies that one year and we had some beers on the outdoor patio, are you coming back this year?
>>
>>9275029
No one cares about your shitshow anymore
>>
Have fun staying at the No Funmont
>>
>>9289510
Must have been one of the fuck a that got kicked out for partying. Not our fault you had a blacked out cosslut shitting herself in front of your door with liqour from your party.
>>
>>9289510
>hear about kick outs and shit
>go to friend's room for shits and giggles
>get drunk
>be loud as fuck
>"Hey even though I'm drunk I just realized we are being too loud. Are we going to get kicked out?"
>Friend: "Don't worry famalan."
>"OKAY FAMALAN MORE SHOTS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
And we didn't get kicked out.
>>
>>9289510
Old_man_yells_at_cloud.webm
>>
>>9272124
As a first timer to AX last year holy shit AX is a great show, and while you have to pay for events, its worth it, and they have top tier guests.
>>
>>9275029
>>9286427
As someone who is legit press there's very little to cover at fanime because there are no guests.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.