[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ireland Thread So now that Eirtakon's ''''over''''

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: 1435619314179.jpg (147KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435619314179.jpg
147KB, 1000x600px
>Ireland Thread

So now that Eirtakon's ''''over'''' and done with, what's going to fill the vacant space? Anyone heading to Akumacon in January?
>>
>>9264342
I came in a girl in that bathrooms at eirtakon. Right fucking munter she was, but i was desperate for the ride. At least she had a nice arse on her
>>
>>9264343
Was it Miss King?
>>
Whoever was that Rei cosplayer who gave me a blowjob at eirtakon reply to this post with your number? Not being creepy or anything but i think you took my wallet it looks like a nes
>>
>Was it Miss King?

Nah some skinny bitch dressed as a vocaloid or some shit
>>
Only going to Akumakon to ask Eric Stuart to say Leo Bunard and 4Kids are the Devil"
>>
I'm chancing Kaizoku Con for the first time what am I in for?? I've only ever been to Eirtakon.
>>
Saw some really ugly Overwatch cosplayers at Eirtakon. Hope that fad dies down quickly.
>>
>>9264416
Its like Eirtakon was in the early days, very small abd relaxed. Trade hall is shit but they get really good voice actor guests!!
>>
>>9264343
Yeah because that happened...
>>
>>9267590
It's.... far bigger than that.
Eirtakon in it's early days was something like 200, 200, 400, 600.....

Kaizokukon feels bigger than that somehow.

I need to Cosplay this year.
And brush up on my German. If I do this right.
>>
>>9267933
Which reminds me.

Would people here attend a con that small? 4-600 at most? A few panel rooms, trade hall and maybe some showings?

Nothing particularly spectacular. Just, something that's an excuse to meet up for a few days, get drunk at night and meet people. Have something to do

Been thinking about it.
>>
>>9267276

I was an Overwatch cosplayer on Friday night and I got loads of compliments.

Hopefully I was not in the ugly category of Overwatch cosplayers.
>>
>>9268058
Show us, just to be sure
>>
>>9268069

I was cosplaying Dva and I wasn't one of those annoying gremlin Dva's going around with the Dorito dust lips and Mountain Dew.

Dorito lip dust is nasy as fuck.
>>
>>9268082

Nasty
>>
>>9268082
Are you yer wan who was cosplaying her and then Ryuko later on?
>>
>>9267938
You're not alone in thinking, everyone's after the opening that Eirta and the other cons have left. If you think you can do it, try it. It will work or it won't. Just make sure you know what you're doing and make sure you're not in over your head.
>>
>>9268136
Real problem I have is that I don't know enough people to handle the other shit. Experienced or not, I know we're starting from zero so there's a lot of thing's that'll need to be learned very quickly.

I think I've a feasible plan, or at least a workable process for making one. It's just a fuckton of work and I don't think I can get enough people invested in doing it, and the cost in time and money involved.

That's the big blocker for starting one of these.

Money and Time.

And the thing that gives you money, takes the time.

And then everyone will know who the fuck I am. And that scares me even more.
>>
>>9264342
Nothing Irish Anime cons are tiny and depressing.

After growing up a bit they've lost all the magic and fun to me.
>>
>>9268086

Yeah that was me floating about.
>>
>>9268198

As long as it doesn't fail because someone has run off with the funds or some poor sod gets physically or sexually assaulted I wouldn't be a dick and take the piss out of someone who tried to get something going for people.

Hopefully you can find like minded people to help get you sorted.
>>
>>9268840
Don't forget to tell him not to attempt to get the Guards involved because somebody took the piss out of him on 4chan and have a public meltdown in one of these threads after, either.
>>
>>9268840
>Run of with the funds

Problem 2, what funds? It would take time on that. That's a solvable problem but needs a clever solution becaue a lot of things need to be paid for up front, a lot of equipment needs to be bought, insurances, venue deposits, and you'd be hoping to not be another run and done at the end of it...

Anyway If I was to run something, it be well into 2018 by the schedule I have worked out. 2017 is a sort of gearing up year.

I'll know by March-May if I can or not.

>>9268845
Ah now here, some things are just asking too much.
>>
>>9268198
If your the guy that ran khaos con then please no more! Your events are massive failures and as a person you have too much baggage that would drag on the event. Just stop already, retired and just attend events.

I would like to see a new event but it needs to be well planned and putting together an event with just a few panel rooms and a trade hall is a lot of work even for something not spectacular. As long as it was ok people wouldn't mind but nobodies stupid and will see if effort was made.

Another thing please don't be an arsehole, and work with other events rather than compete. Too many people develop an ego bigger than the con or think too much about making money rather than creating a fun con scene.
>>
>>9268947
Shit.

I might even have been one of the people who 'accidentally' let the a member of committee of Otakon in to the idea that Otakucon existed by posting about it on a board they moderate.

Silly me.

But no, that's not me. That's who I fear becoming. I'd rather just not run a con, than risk running a bad one.

I know the work involved. I work fulltime in shit that involves project management and it's fucking hard. Just getting two men to worksite with all the materials, drawings and equipment they need - and getting the client we're working for to say in advance that they're happy with what we're going to try to - takes a massive effort.

If anything, it's my job that makes me think it's possible for me to do it. And I'd be half doing it to try and learn things suitable for my job.

If I kickstarted an event, would people back it?
>>
>>9267590
>>9264416
Kaizoku is a decent size with about 1000 attendees. I think Akuma is similar in size, maybe a little less. Both Kaizoku and Akuma are alright with good guests and worth a look I would say. Akuma usually has a bigger trade hall but a lot of the stuff is overpriced crappy knockoffs from the likes of those dodgy guys at Replay games while Kaizoku has a smaller but still ok sized hall with more legit things.
>>
>>9268964
Oh thank god! Rather not see another event that's there just to gratify ones ego.

If you think you can do it then go for it but I'd get someone that has experience in running these events on your team or at least offer to staff some other events to gain experience and make some contacts.
>>
>>9268964
Get on Amy King's good side, otherwise your con will go nowhere. I'm speaking from experience. Don't provoke her wrath, or question the power she wields.
>>
>>9268977
I'll talk to a few people who might know a few people.

Nothing'll probably come of it, so no promises.
>>
>>9268965
Kaizokukon's about the right size for a con.

Enough going on to be interesting. Not too much to be overwhelming or overcrowded.

Already have teh accomodation booked for next year.

It ha s agood ambience about it and always makes for a good weekend away. I made friends there last year but can't remember now.
>>
>>9268739
You post about this in every thread
>>
File: f.png (878KB, 689x910px) Image search: [Google]
f.png
878KB, 689x910px
>>
>>9271170
Mashallah. Tis a nice thing to see women wearing the hijab.
>>
Alri lads
>>
Thinking about organising seagull meet for after the new year, what would you goys like to see/do?
>>
>>9273317
I'll go if Josie and/or Amy King go to it
>>
lads

what was the name of the con in 2012 in some small dublin hotel, near a comic book shop

i swear it was eirtakon (was the only Irish con i'd been to), was absolutely tiny and shit, it made me think eirtakon was some tiny yoke that no1 goes, then i find out through a mututal friend it's actually huge??

they showed anime in vlc in some convention room and some black girl won cosplay competition
>>
>>9275844
Woulda been Anime Dublin which was a smaller event run midway through the though year by Eirtakon and Nom Con. Both were much bigger than that event woud've portrayed. Since both cons have shut down though, presunming Anime Dub is also dead in the water.
>>
The photobooth photos are up on the Eirtakon facebook lads.
>>
>>9271170

good for her.
>>
File: 1475668684235.jpg (62KB, 533x533px) Image search: [Google]
1475668684235.jpg
62KB, 533x533px
>>9278414
>her
>>
File: UoQrGjY.jpg (178KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
UoQrGjY.jpg
178KB, 660x660px
>>9278422
>le edgy transphobic meme xD
>>
File: 1469632398771.jpg (42KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469632398771.jpg
42KB, 800x800px
>>9278428
>her
>>
>>9278428
BTFO
>>
>>9273379
This
>>
>>9278428
>expecting anything else from this site
Just go back to tumblr
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (166KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
166KB, 1920x1080px
Might cosplay Iris next
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.