[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NZ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 272
Thread images: 11

File: New Zealand.jpg (23KB, 307x400px) Image search: [Google]
New Zealand.jpg
23KB, 307x400px
"nz in every field" edition

Old thread
>>9231809
>>
I don't really care for Dragon Con personally but it's nice to see them actually get bigger prizes and listen to what people might actually want
>>
So what's the deal with all the supposed 'people cosplaying the same character as someone else just to look better than them' drama? I've seen this accusation thrown around a few times this year and I'm kind of confused by it. On the one hand, knowing that someone is doing something just to spite you is shit, and on the other, I'd be too busy laughing at them wasting money on something like that to give a fuck.
>>
anyone else working at the con know why bill made an announcement before doors opened on monday about hall two & three having beef with each other?
>>
>>9250807
a lot of cosplayers are a hugely insecure bunch, thats the deal
>>
>>9250811
Wait what
>>
>>9250807
I mean, some people have admitted to doing it, but at the end of the day the best thing to do is just ignore them since they're choosing to waste their time.
>>
I got a free ticket to armageddon once

everywhere fat fuck weaboos playing card games I sold my ticket and went home
>>
>>9250807
At this point its just people who don't like each other pointing fingers BC they have the unfortunate luck of liking the same stuff. Seems stupid to me, people should be free to cosplay what they want.
>>
>>9250816
Never been to a US con then huh? NZ isn't as fat as a con scene than there, it's actually an amazing demographic.
>>
>"I hate drama!"
>Spreads drama over to fb, introducing it to more people.

Nice.
>>
>>9250852
I hope they grow up soon
>>
>>9250862
It's funny that they go on about how they don't care about it at all but continue to bring it up at every opportunity.
>>
Let's talk about the good for a moment. Any new cosplayers people are impressed with, or any who might become a contender in the future? Any veteran cosplayers you think are still going strong, or any who seem to have dropped off of the map?
>>
>>9250923
To start, I'm always so impressed by Sylvie/Static and Kathy/Gigahorse Deluxe even after all these years. They're definitely keeping on top of the game.
>>
File: Protective Sacks.png (391KB, 499x818px) Image search: [Google]
Protective Sacks.png
391KB, 499x818px
>>9250785
Are you guys the "anonymous message board" that has been "talking shit" about that doughy potato-looking chick "Sparky"?

I just saw a friend of a friend of a friend like a post of hers saying essentially that and thought of you beautiful sluts. Would love to know if it was from here, that chick has some fucking prime material. Pic related.

pls respond
>>
>>9250925
Seconding this. Both talented ladies who are passionate in what they do and always pushing themselves while still showing they enjoy what they do.
>>
>>9250970
btw I think her name's Courtney, just from a quick glance at her page
>>
>>9250970
>>9250974
You're a fucking dick. Oh my god, I'm legit actually like so fucking salty about my calves and you fucking post about it here?

Actually fuck you, like even kill yourself not even joking.
>>
>>9250970 >>9250974
NZ cosplay is so much cattier/witch-hunty than it used to be. Even the other current NZ thread has a ton of catty bitching in it and this one now does too.

Props to >>9250923 for trying to bring some positive mood.
>>
>>9250984
Nah, family, I'm not a seagull. I crossboarded after seeing someone like her status complaining about "people on anonymous message boards" talking shit about her figuring it was you guys lmao.

Glad to see I was right
>>
>>9250981
Honestly, Courtney, I wouldn't even worry about it. I never even noticed your calves and think you look fantastic - totally nailed it in your Ariel cosplay ;)
---------------------------------

I do think it sucks that a bunch of my friends are being shit talked in here - I know you don't all get along, but I don't see why you can't just stop obsessing over one another and grow the fuck up. Do your thing instead of worrying about anyone else.

I don't know who is behind these posts 100%, but when each party is denying being behind any of it while having previously confided in me some of the shit that is being brought up about other people, similar words being used, same writing style etc, it's not a good look.
>>
File: 1321154913730.jpg (39KB, 361x391px) Image search: [Google]
1321154913730.jpg
39KB, 361x391px
>>9250981
Oh god this is fucking gold.
Noone gives a shit about your fucking calves why the fuck you went on a huge diatribe about it makes zero fucking sense and proves your insecurity. One that is unjustified and unreasonable.
Like come on that post is more about you explaining why you are so insecure about something literally noone cares about.
Just chill out. If you wanna post shit just post shit don't get catty about something nooone has an issue with or asked about.
>>
>>9250981
stop posting dude you're making things 100x worse for yourself.
>>
>>9250993
I did it because I knew people like you would be dicks about it and shit and I'm not insecure, you idiot, I only said it because I'm sick of all the comments from you people.

Like, come on, you think you're tough because you can hide behind that Anonymous username but I dare you say that to my face and see what happens because you won't because you're just fuckin insecure yourself which is why you spread gossip and hate online
>>
>>9250996
God damn you need chill the fuck out.

Noone cares, noone is going to mention it and those that do don't deserve an answer. Don't enable people to be angry at you. It's a piece of life advice. Don't give people more information than is required. If you wanted to make a post about your shoes and someone is going to make some bullshit up about your calves ignore them.
That isn't what your post is about.
Once again. Chill and at least try to stay on point. Conversations can branch out but branching out before it's begun is just pointless.
>>
>>9250996
I have no idea who you are and I'm not even from your country but your insecurity and attempt to defend it on 4chan is kinda funny. Pretty sure from that weirdly angled potato photo no-one would notice your calves, but then you had to write an essay about it.
>>
>>9250981
Lol you guys realise this isn't Courtney right? Oh my god I was right to not take any of you seriously, this is hilarious
>>
>>9250923
New-ish folks I've been impressed by: Rogue Diva, Ruckus, Zub.Kitty, all the Eevees were great but Jungle Lady was one I hadn't heard of before the con & loved.

Oldbies wise, I really admire Rowan's stuff!
>>
>>9250998
I'll run my page how I want, ok, so don't try go telling me how to do what I do.

I don't see you putting yourself out there, but I am. So fuck off.

>>9251000
You don't know who I am and you're not even from here but you're gonna spread hate? Fuck you too then
>>
>>9251004
i'm just playing the bait to see how far it goes.
>>
>>9251004
nice backtracking but it doesn't stop you from being an embarrassment to yourself and the community
>>
>>9251004
lmao sure Courtney.

Dug yourself nice and deep. Glad to see your true colours.
>>
>>9251006
Agree, eevees stepped up the game and all pulled off really excellent armour and prop work. Wish I saw it up close, but I wasn't at con on Saturday
>>
>>9251012
This is hilarious. The writing style isn't even the same! You keep thinking that's Courtney but I'm sure she's long gone from this chatboard. Someone saw an opportunity to take the name and shit post, obvious troll is obvious.
>>
>>9250970
>>9251000
This your calves look normal and nobody would even think twice unless you pointed it out from that shitty photo

Get over it?
>>
>>9251006
Also super curious to see what Diablo guy comes up with next because if that's what he makes on his first try then dannnnnnnnng
>>
File: 1434997063413s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1434997063413s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>9251007
Ignorance breeds stupidity. Stay dumb and keep getting mad and doing stupid shit. I'll just throw some popcorn in the microwave and sit down for a hilarious night.
>>
>>9251015
It looks the same to me? Why do you think it's not her?
>>
I'm just laughing. Everyone seems to know Courtney's true colours so well, but when someone shows up obviously jacking her name you can't spot it? No one with a brain will take you seriously.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 745x692px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 745x692px
>>9251020
Different anon but this new post from the other thread seems a bit of a giveaway
>>
>>9251020
For one thing she doesn't swear that much on public posts (maliciously anyway). For another, she doesn't blatantly insult people. And thirdly, this person is just repeating vaguely what was in the other thread, adding weird shit like "don't you know who I am?"

So maybe if you have some warped view of Courtney or don't know her you might think it's the same person. I can assure you, it is not, and your insults to her are going largely unnoticed.
>>
>>9251026
lmao, ok going off that we've probably got something fucky going on here

>>9251027
I don't think I insulted her?
>>
I like how so many 'new' people are jumping to Courtney's defence but oh look, the number counting the amount of different people posting on here hasn't gone up?
>>
>>9251031
Shhh, we don't like it when people expose us with logic
>>
>>9251030
"you " as in the general " you "
>>
>>9251033
Makes sense
>>
>>9251031
It hasn't gone up but I'm still here, spooky.
>>
>>9251037
I think the implication is that it's manufactured drama. Possibly under the guise of:

>Courtney posts something attacking herself
>she posts as an obviously fake "Courtney"
>she then goes back anon and defends herself against her own fake self
>>
>>9251042
I highly doubt that's the case. Malicious people do exist in this forum (surprise surprise lol) and it is way more likely someone just jacked her name. Whoever thinks she's the kind of person to start drama like that clearly doesn't know her and therefore can be ignored.
>>
>>9251043
I'm just explaining what they might've meant, m8, don't kill the messenger.
>>
>>9251046
I'm also explaining to the board in general why that won't be the case. Sorry if it came off as an attack on your post.
>>
>>9251047
All good, my friend <3
>>
>>9251042
Until she goes offline i'm sticking to this theory
>>
& this is why if you want people to identity you on 4chan, just go for fucking tripfagging not namefagging.
>>
Wow, Red Tail Design's AuckGeddon photos are looking really great.
>>
>>9251373
Most people in these threads don't lurk enough to even know what a tripfag is
>>
>>9251390
Yeah he always had a nice style but his shoot photos are something I might pay for now.
>>
>>9251390
Agreed. It's awesome watching photographers improve
>>
Red tail's photos make me want to be a better cosplayer so I have something that I feel like is worthy of such beautiful photos OwO
>>
>>9251390
StudioTsu's recent photos are looking really nice too. It's cool seeing more NZ photographers emerging.
>>
>>9251390
Pixiscene Media's photo are also looking really good. It's nice to see a couple of cosplay photographers improving their craft.
>>
>>9251831
Talking about improving lately, Dawn of Dusk has gotten so much better this year
>>
>>9252025
Their stuff is looking really nice, but what's with people taking photos of themselves lying on the con floor? That would be so dirty and gross.
>>
>>9252037
just being at a con is kinda gross honesty, i doubt the floor is much dirtier than anything else in there /s
>>
>>9252037
It's probably not the cleanest place to lay down, but the resulting photos are beautiful. And as long as you're not laying in food or visible muck you're probably fine lol
>>
>>9252513
Yeah I love looking at shitty con floor.
>>
>>9252513
The idea is nice but this photo is godawful
>>
>>9252037
>>9252840
His photos are quite unflattering.
>>
>>9252985
It's not just his photos.
>>
>>9253012
What does that mean?
>>
Hope the Chch lot are safe.
>>
>>9254533
I think Wellington got blasted a lot harder this time round. Everyone seems ok.
>>
SupaFitz is so creepy
>>
>>9259355
Why?
>>
>>9259366
Diff anon but he's probably entirely well meaning but his comments can be a bit creepy and his posts are occasionally suspiciously crossdressing fetish like.
>>
>>9259406
I personally think he seems really nice, but I do notice him tagging posts/pictures with things like Sissy and it really irks me.
>>
Bump for judge announcement tomorrow
>>
Judge is Kaarin Macaulay Head of Costume Construction department at Toi Whakaari
>>
>>9251831
Not sure if he reads this but CONGRATZ
>>
>>9262125
I wonder who the other judges will be. But good to see they're getting people who will be super up there with construction.
>>
>>9262125
Website is up now with all details - looks like she'll be the only judge? I hope she'll be okay. And the prizes for anything other than winning it all are about the same....
>>
lotta work for one person again, but she's obviously not new to costuming at all. Hope she has a great time with it. So prizes are cash + Cert now or?
>>
>>9264254
The prizes are the same as last year. $50 + cert for best solo, group. Cert only for technical. Seems like quite a few people are put off by it.
>>
>>9264254
Looks like it. I'm bitterly disappointed about the prizes - $50 for a group prize is very sad. The only improvement made has been to the top prize, but it was all the other prizes that were the problem.

If they're only putting in $50 medium prize they'd be better off doing trophies instead of cash.
>>
>>9264428
Not to mention the overall big prize is for one person only. I feel like at this point people are going to not want to enter as groups if armageddon won't cater for it. Incredibly dissappointing.
>>
>>9264428
It annoys me that they have this big first prize that some people aren't even going to care about and can't be split between a group and then they downgraded other prizes/kept some the same. $1000 for the the cup, leaving the regional prizes the same and upping the best in category prizes would have been a far better way to do it.
>>
>>9264432
There's no longer a competition suitable for groups, Overload doing madman means duos at most can enter there and geddon has never given a shit but now it gives even less of one.
>>
>>9264435
Its such a shame, because I know so many people who perfer to craft with friends.
>>
I feel kind of bad that Armageddon have gone and organised this really neat big prize and people are complaining, but at the same time it just really goes to show that they haven't actually listened to what people were complaining about in the first place.
>>
>>9264441
Knowing Bill he'll probably ignore the reasons people are complaining about it and just feel that 'cosplayers are never satisfied with anything why bother' and shit the contest down.
>>
>>9264441
Especially with the sheer amount of people complaining too. I don't think it's unreasonable to want more than $50 for hundreds of dollars and hours of work. So I think you are totally right
>>
>>9264441
Yeah, I feel this - and I'm one of the complainants. I do really appreciate the intent, but they've missed the point, sadly.
>>
What kind of prizes would people like to see/think would be appropriate instead? I know a lot of people are wishing that Worbla NZ would be sponsors (especially considering those Overload(?) prizes) but there seems to be a conflict of interest between them and Geddon/Trinity Treasures. I definitely think that crafting packages would be better than just a cash prize, and if they tailored each prize to match what category the entrant is winning, for example a microphone or something for a skit prize and fabric vouchers for a technical.
>>
>>9264541
I would definitely love spotlight vouchers or a sewing pack aith scissors, threads, measuring tape etc. if Worbla nz could sponsor, worbla starter packs would be great too. For me it's not about the money, but the respect shown for people with winning costumes.
>>
>>9264541
>Overload(?) prizes
Overload prizes are also a trip, as well as madman vouchers. Worbla NZ is only involved in the Japan Day prizes.

I would like to see either more substantial cash prizes in the Armageddon competition or things relevant to the hobby, sewing machines, cameras, dremels, etc. I understand Worbla NZ can't be a sponsor due to trinity treasures bullshit but that doesn't mean they can't try get sponsors from other relevant ares.
>>
What are your guys opinions of restaurant. Is it gonna be as small and pathetic as Dunedin or is it gonna have a bit more life considering it it is much closer to other populated places like Auckland and Hamilton?
Is anyone going? Is anyone excited?
I'm going to be moving to Tauranga so i don't know if it will be worth going to.
>>
>>9266196
The venue they're having it at is a bit in the middle of nowhere, the closest thing of interest is Bayfair Shopping Centre which is 2km away, and that's along a state highway. I can't really see people wanting to leave the arena to go there for lunch or whatever.
I'm wondering how the event will be setup, the venue is just a speedway track and stands. Will be interesting to see how it works.
>>
>>9266256
There's a bit of an event centre there as well, I've been there for the home show a and it is probably a good venue for the size of Armageddon Tauranga will have. I wish it would have been closer to somewhere with life but there's nowhere more suitable. I just want to know why the fuck they thought Tauranga of all cities was a good idea to try next, nobody lives here aside from retired people.
>>
>>9266256
thats a bit harsh baypark has an entire seperate events centre/indoor sports ground. Also you can only really get there by car and driving to bayfair takes all of 30 seconds.
>>
>>9266268
it is bigger than dunedin with rotorua nearby (like 30-45 minute drive away) and much more people living within the immediate radius than dunedin. That being said the stereotype of tauranga being a "retirees" city is false nowadays. There may be a few more than say auckland but that doesn't mean it is only retirees the demographics clearly show a growing trend for families with young children. Still Tauranga is a pretty dead demographic for 18-30 year olds who don't have children which i imagine is where all of the cosplay type scene will originate from.
AFAIk Chonny lived in Tauranga so there is at least some link to decent cosplayers.
I feel like it will mostly be a child/teenager fest though. Which is why i ask about who else is interested.
>>
>>9266268
>nobody lives here aside from retired people
this. I'm not expecting a great turn out but hey, could be proven wrong. They should really just focus on making the bigger events better than putting money into these smaller ones.
>>
>>9266317
Bro DeWilds live in Tauranga who are far more relevant these days. Bill doesn't care about cosplayers anyway, he doesn't care how many cosplayers a city has.
>>
File: 1321136918827.jpg (26KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
1321136918827.jpg
26KB, 580x326px
>>9266322
;_; and here i was hoping someone would care about a cosplay if i put some effort in. Haven't been able to go to auckland for numerous reasons (mostly study) and now that i can go to one noone will care
>>
>>9266268
>>9266312
My bad, didn't realise there was an event centre as well. I've only been there once for speedway and that would have been around 15 years ago now.

>Also you can only really get there by car and driving to bayfair takes all of 30 seconds.
Which isn't really helpful for out of towners who I imagine won't be in Tauranga with cars. If people want to go anywhere they'll have to rely on public transport/taxi/uber.

I think New Zealand in general is lacking in the way of convention spaces that are close to town centres. I definitely miss the days of Welly Geddon actually fitting inside the TSB Arena.
>>
>>9266434
>out of towners not having cars

uhhh.....whut..... what are you 12? How are you meant to get into town to go to the event. Oh look, car.....
>>
>>9266451
>what are planes
>what are buses
>>
>>9266485
i dunno i just never imagined someone would be excited enough to go out of their way to go to Tauranga. But then again those same people are the most likely to take a bus or plane.
>>
>>9266528
People travelled to Christchurch for Armageddon when it was held in a literal horse stable
>>
How was Japan Day?
>>
>>9266558
Did they? The cons down south seem kind of dead now
>>
>>9267966
I went the first year it was in the stables but haven't returned since. I used to travel for it every year but the travel costs weren't worth it anymore.
>>
>>9267966
Anything that isn't Auckland seems to be dead now and there aren't exactly many alternatives. Fuck why is New Zealand such a tiny shithole at times.
>>
>>9269231
Starting next year I'm jumping on the trend of going to Australian cons, if Armageddon isn't even going to try, I'm not going to bother with it.
>>
>>9269247
Is that feasible to do solo though? Part of the joy of cons is the community and friends you make. And i doubt i would ever make any decent aus friends.
>>
Can people please sort out their issues instead of just vague posting about them constantly.
>>
>>9272844
you should know by now that people in these threads are here BECAUSE it means they won't have to deal with it.

I'm shocked you haven't realised that New Zealanders and people in general just love to hold things against others and not sort out their issues or be honest, like, ever.
>>
>>9272844
Sometimes I feel like people enjoy doing it so they carry it on.
Sorry but no one is mature enough to sort their business out.
>>
File: 2d6.jpg (26KB, 188x343px) Image search: [Google]
2d6.jpg
26KB, 188x343px
>>9272844
Like, adults?
>>
>>9274003
even adults don't act like adults.
>>
Why/when did cosplay the same thing as someone else to spite them become a thing in this country?
>>
>>9275148
Idk but I see it everywhere and I hate it.
>>
>>9275148
I honestly have no idea, but it's getting to the point where so many people are getting accused of it when they're not doing it, which is pretty unfair.
>>
It's amazing how many people in cnz have no nuts. The special snowflake affliction is really in full swing in this group
>>
>>9273041
Australian Cons have a broader mindset where cosplay is concerned. There's so much more variety in the kinds of cosplay you see over there
>>
What's the deal with this girl?
>>
>>9280062
Exactly what is the problem?
>>
>>9280062
Nothing whatsoever. If you're trying to stir at least chuck us some salty bait.
>>
>>9280062
>4000 likes
>literally who

Just another cosplayer buying likes.
>>
>>9280074
Pretty much all the good cosplayers in the community asides from a handful only have 1000 likes or less and even the likes of Eveychu and the deWild family don't have that many. They aren't fooling anyone with those numbers.
>>
>>9280062
At least 2 eyes and hands.
>>
>>9280074
Some cosplayers do define themselves by the amount of Likes they have.

Even Gigahorse mentioned it awhile back
>>
What's your opinion on cosplayers who buy likes?

I find it really sad.
>>
>>9280761
Ultimately I don't really think Likes mean much. Sure they're nice but it doesn't really represent all that much. A chick that buys a cosplay and has her tits out in a photo is always going to get more Likes than someone like Knightsmage or Dadpool so
>>
>>9280761
Surely there aren't many New Zealanders who do that though?
>>
>>9280885
Good point but if we're talking about cosplayers wanting Likes...
>>
>>9280923
It's not like they're a greatly secure bunch now is it
>>
>>9280885
I can think of at least five who buy likes/pay for advertising on fb.
>>
>>9280960
Who?
>>
>>9280960
So to appear more popular to the community people fake their own popularity?

I really see the sense in that
>>
>>9280960
Paying for advertising is different from buying likes. Paid ads just get your content in front of people, they don't magically generate likes. If no one's interested in the content they're not going to like the page, paid ad or not.

Buying likes gets fake accounts to like your page regardless of what your content is like.
>>
>>9281106
You're still paying for advertising under the assumption that you'll be getting more likes on your page. Just because you're not "buying likes" doesn't mean you're not buying likes.
>>
>>9280761
is this in part an expectation from the community, that you aren't a good cosplayer if you don't have that many Likes?
>>
>>9280761
I don't find the act of buying likes sad itself, what I find sad about it is how is effects a person long term. Some cosplayers seem to measure their self worth by a bunch of numbers and get worked up about it. Such is the way of social media I suppose.
>>
>>9282315
Likes = the Steroids of Cosplay lol
>>
>>9282499
It's a slow board and nz con season is over - there's little drama anyway. You don't need to bump.
>>
>>9282507
I heard that batman guy has been bullying people and playing Mr innocent
>>
>>9281063
Fairie Tails, mikomin, lillybug, eveychu, aenthralled. Those are the ones ive noticed, wouldn't surprise me if others did it too.
>>
>>9282569
I wouldn't have thought either of those last 2 would need to
>>
>>9282569
From what i know about Fairy Tails she doesn't pay for likes though I think she sometimes pays for advertising on a few posts? she just got lucky and a few of her photos went basically viral and she works with some really high profile photographers so she gained shitloads of followers from that. Mikomin on the other hand, doesn't pay, but fucKING SPAMS THE 'LIKE 4 LIKE' COSPLAY GROUPS ON FB A MILLION TIMES A DAY AND OH BOY IS IT ANNOYING WHEN ALL YOU EVER FUCKING SEE ON FACEBOOK IS HER SELF PROMO POSTS. UGH. lillybug and seakittens did the same thing to a lesser extent, Everychu I don't give a shit about because she's kind of a snob to everyone who isn't popular and a enthralled only pays for advertising I think? Tho desu paying for advertising is fine IMO, its the only way to get your work out there with the way Facebook works now.
>>
>>9283783
I have heard that before about Eveychu - I thought it was just the way she was at Cons though. Guess not, I've never actually spoken to her before.
>>
>>9283793
Just read some of her facebook post
>>
>>9283813
Yeah I guess. Heard she got into a bit of hot water over some interview she did mentioning cliques in the community.
>>
>>9283783
>high profile photographers
who in our community is high profile? Or are they not apart of our comm
>>
>>9283841
I was mainly meaning Matt Barnes, who isn't part of the com. He doesn't really do cosplay stuff a lot BC I've heard he'll only shoot series he personally likes? Cosphotography isnt really his main interest. he's mainly a glamour/budoir photographer I think - does a lot of internationally known photos mainly featuring hot girls.
>>
>>9283841
You don't consider Little-Noise to be high profile?
>>
>>9283813
>>9283820
What post?
>>
>>9283872
Was awhile ago now, can't remember if it was even an NZ interview or not.

She has stated previously that she doesn't mean to come off as snobby, she's just a bit airy fairy with so much going on at Cons.

People take it one way or the other. It's not like she owes anyone a Hello or anything. Cosplayers have a penchant for being quite touchy over the smallest things
>>
>>9283877
It was an international one. Maybe American, I recall her saying people at dragoncon were so much nicer to her than people in new zealand were and that she found it hard to connect with new zealand cosplayers or something similar. I remember people being mad cause they'd tried to be friendly and to get to know her and she threw them under the bus.
>>
>>9283877
Quite a bit different when you're hanging out with a group of people outside con, she's there BC you have mutal friends and you try start a combo to be nice and she looks you dead in the eye, flicks her hair at you, makes a 'hmff' noise and flounces away with her nose in the air. Same kind of thing has happened to many, many people I know. she says she has "social anxiety" but it's complete bullshit. She uses it so she only has to talk to people that will boost her up the popularity ladder.
>>
>>9283879
That's legit her point then isn't it "Hi Eveychu. You're amazing.....Oh she didn't notice me" Oh now the bitch is saying we'really all assholes to overseas cosplayers. What a snobby bitch lol.

Called the ball there Eveychu

Hasn't she backed off from CNZ again also?
>>
>>9283881
Okay fair call perhaps. Again I don't know her so can't say sorry
>>
>>9283881
She's always been absolutely lovely to me online and offline. Anxiety is a massive dick and makes you act in ways that may not reflect you well as a person, but in general I find her quite nice.

>>9283783
Tails spammed those like 4 like pages too, but I think with her she works with the right people and it really helped her. She also has a sweet personality and is super genuine.
>>
>>9283906
>She also has a sweet personality and is super genuine.
Haha. Good joke.
>>
>>9283906
Eh, we'll just have to agree to disagree on Eveychu then. I've tried multiple times myself despite her initial rejection and gotten nothing but nastiness from her, so at this point I avoid talking to her and being around her. Anxiety is different from bitchyness.

Tails is a cupcake though I completely agree.
>>
>>9283912
Clearly 2 very different opinions there on Tails.

Interesting to note - how much higher could Eveychu climb the popularity ladder. Hasn't she already won the Tasman Cosplay Cup.

Where do you go after that?
>>
>>9283915
An American competition? Or the Madman competition Overload is paired with if you want to keep it local.
>>
>>9283917
Pretty sure Madman is japanese source only, and considering Eveychu loves to go on about how much she hates anime I can't see her entering that.
>>
>>9283917
Yeah true that. Still even people that don't know her/have never spoken to her know who she is
>>
>>9283915
Winning the cup means she had talent for the time, not popularity. Back then she got to that point on sheer good luck IMO but even then she wasn't very well known to the masses as most of us are animu orientated. I think she wants to be popular to more than just nz, but idk. I don't know how she thinks or what she actually wants, this is just speculation and things I've heard. As I said, I don't talk to her.

And lmao I know of a few people who don't like Tails because she's pretty and popular as well as talented so don't worry, I won't get mad the petty, jealous hate.
>>
What it Eveychu or another well known cosplayer said something like the more popular you become, the more you become a target in the community
>>
>>9283922
If you become more well known people are more likely to notice stuff
>>
>>9283927
Good point
>>
>>9283922
I think that was Always cos iirc? They made a big list saying they don't like the community here because as soon as you become better than average or super popular you get hate.

Personally I think it's more of an attitude thing. Yes some people get hateful out of jealousy but most of the time you are going to get hate for your the way you treat people.
>>
>>9283930
I find that no matter how popular you are, in this com if you even breathe in the wrong direction people make up shit about you. You don't even have to have done anything in general, you can just have one single person who doesn't like you very much and then BOOM NASTY RUMOURS
>>
>>9283931
It definitely sucks for the people who are actually nice, but there is a lot of nasty people out there too
>>
>>9283930
Most of the technically skilled cosplayers don't end up in drama because they keep to themselves, Alwayss got herself into that situation, she wasn;t getting hated for being good, she was being hated cause she called Seakittens fat.
>>
>>9283935
Get hate for disliking someone that 99% of the com also dislikes
Yes yes much sense you make
>>
>>9283936
Being a bitch to someone 'most people' don't like is still being a bitch Lucy.
>>
>>9283936
>Bullying someone is fine if other people don't like them too

And yet you're complaining about the state of the com? Bitch leave you're embarassing yourself
>>
>>9283936
She's actually pretty okay now that she's matured up quite a bit.
And even then, just because people don't like someone it isn't an excuse to call someone fat.
>>
>>9283937
Not Lucy! Am one of her friends though and was one of the people who let her know she was being talked about in the last thread, which is what actually spawned her making the upset post on fb. Getting snappy at someone over half a year ago because you had a bad day shouldn't = people telling you to leave the com or calling you an attention seeker? Have recently been told by her she even owned up to doing it to Casey and apologized about other stuff too, so not sure what much more you're wanting her to do about a very old situation. It's always been pretty nasty between those two groups, so not quite sure what you're expecting. There's always some sort of snarking going on /shrugs
>>
>>9283947
That doesn't excuse the logic of oh people hate this person so it's okay to bully them? Lucy is known in the comm for bullying quite a few people so what's new?
>>
>>9283950
who else has she bullied besides seakittens?
>>
>>9283950
I was just stating the fact that what she said, a lot of other people also say so it's not just her? And oh my god she dislikes like three people in total, what drugs are you on to make you think she's a bully dude.
I smell a personal vendetta in here haha
>>
>>9283936
>>9283959
>it's okay to bully her cause everyone else hates her too
>it's okay to call her fat cause everyone else says so too
Are you 12? Christ.
>>
>>9283961
When have I said it was okay to bully or belittle someone's looks? I've simply said that its unfair to single her and only her out and call only her a bully for a thing that many others also do. If you gonna hate on her for it, call out and hate on everyone else too.
Kind of obvious you just have some sort of unknown issue with Lucy herself if you're only singling her out.
>>
>>9283959
I'd just like to point out that's not drugs, that's people in the com just being crap. A decent number of examples on any given day really.

Is it even feasible to be bullied when you're an adult?
>>
>>9283969
Eh. Not the above commenters but... If you know someone is doing it, it doesn't matter if other people do it too because that doesn't really change the fact it happened. I don't know any of these people personally, but if apologies were made great! But you can't blame people for hearing about it and feeling a bit apprehensive with someone who makes fun of people's looks.
>>
>>9283947
It's nasty between the two groups because Lucy was an utter bitch to Elisha too. She's a pretty awful person all around. Also auck geddon was two months ago, not half a year. Picking on someone just because /you're/ having a "bad day" is a fucking awful thing to do. Get over yourself.
>>
New to the thread and confused...what is the story about this?
>>
>>9283970
>Is it even feasible to be bullied when you're an adult?

You need to google workplace bullying kid. Surprisingly enough bullying isn't something that people just "grow out" of.
>>
>>9283977
What even happened between Lucy and Elisha? I've seen all the hate between them but never knew what it actually came from
>>
>>9283982
Someone complained about the comm being shit, but also shit talks people, that's about it.
>>
File: 1446456536833.gif (507KB, 200x178px) Image search: [Google]
1446456536833.gif
507KB, 200x178px
y'all niggas need jesus
>>
>>9283977
Lucy hasn't given a toss about elishia in over two years my dude. And the fat comment towards casey was made during wellygeddon and akiba and nothing has been said since then - I talk to her often enough to know she doesn't care about them any more. She grew up and apologized. You seem to be the one who needs to "get over yourself" random angry person. She admitted she was wrong, that she shouldn't have done it and she fucked up and that was her own fault. What do you want, for her to grow wings and a halo?? She made a mistake and tried to make amends.
>>
>>9283982
Apparently 2 groups within our lovely supportive wee community (well 2 people to be specific but they obviously have their supporters on each side)
>>
>>9283983
Never been a victim of it so I wouldn't know
>>
Sounds like there's a bit more to the story....
>>
Holy shit everyone just stop
>>
Why.... obviously people here like to start shit
>>
>>9283994
Evidently lol. Great for finding out stuff you didn't know about too
>>
>>9283995
Look at how supportive the wee community is....with people who lurk on cgl there's never an end to it
>>
>>9283985
From what I was told: It didn't even stem from Lucy. Everyone used to be friends and an old childhood friend of Elisha's got worried about Elisha's behaviour as she was being very reclusive and avoiding everybody, and mentioned it to the others. Elisha wouldn't talk to anybody in the rest of the friend group, so they asked a neutral party to try talk to elishia for them. Neutral party must have ended up accidentally skewing words because elishia came out of the discussion thinking everyone had secretly hated her for the entire duration of the friendship, she went crying to Casey, nasty things were said and the rest is history. I have no clue what the other side of the story thinks happened.
>>
>>9283997
Wait...you legit think it's just on here this happens?
>>
Too many friends and whiteknights in here. Neither side is going to convince the other about who are the real bitches in this comm because we're all anonymous so let's not try. Can someone please dump some pics (I would but I'm on mobile) and cleanse this thread?
>>
>>9284000
Why? Learning a lot about people to avoid *I.e everyone mentioned in this thread*...saves me time
>>
>>9284002
I like that things get said here that they never will on cnz
>>
>>9284004
Just hinted at on cnz
>>
Who even is elishia? Interesting how everyone knows who lucy and elishia are...
>>
>>9284004
Cgl a more open and honest forumn than cnz
>>
>>9284005
Where?
>>
>>9284008
CNZ is the pretty mask hiding the hideous face lol
>>
>>9284009
Seriously
>>
>>9284011
Like where was it hinted at on cnz? Obviously it's ON cnz, but a quick skim and I didn't see anything.
>>
>>9284012
Man your fishing hard....
>>
>>9283998
This happened like two years ago, it doesn't need to be explained on cgl, lmao.
>>
>>9284012
dude the stuff getting posted about in this thread is from months ago.....
>>
>>9284014
At least someones saying something...if your gonna have issues with people and put it on cgl u better have a reason...
>>
>>9284014
Multiple people asked, so I told the truth. Sorry for answering questions lol
>>
>>9284015
>>9284014
It's interesting to read I guess, doesn't really matter though lol
>>
>>9283998
This is pretty much what I was told.
She was being reclusive because she was putting studying above her social life. The friend group got the wrong idea, and then nobody actually talked to Elishia about it and got a neutral party to instead who probably had no idea what was going on.
Everything might've been fine with some more communication.
>>
>>9284020
So why is this about people bullying and starting shit because no one "communicated" get a life move on no one cares
>>
>>9284018
Dude they tried to talk to her but she would just lock her bedroom door and put on loud music. She would say she was studying and actually be spending hours on tinychat in cosplay and then fail her uni exams. It was no wonder they were worried? But yeah, communication was the big failing point in the whole thing. Neither side would talk to the other. I wasn't originally involved tho so i probably should stop talking lmao
>>
>>9284020
Sooooooo story claiming Lucy bullied elishia = friend group had miscommunication...this doesn't add up

Senses your bullshit a mile away
>>
>>9284021
Did I say it was about people bullying? I was just adding my two cents to the situation.
>>
>>9284025
Reading the previous posts on the thread everyone seems pretty caught up on bullying so even if you didn't say it this is what it sounds like....
>>
>>9284023
I think the 'bullying' is referring to everyone getting shitty at each other after the fact, tends to happen when friendships end on a sour note. It's nothing special.
>>
>>9284030
Interesting though how the definition of bullying isn't what the dictionary refers it to. So yeah nothing special. But seeing how people blow it up into this shitfest and think that they don't get dirty by the backlash is hilarious. Good job cgl.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x800px
I've liked seeing the WIP on cnz for this. Super simple costume but they're putting in heaps of work to make it recognisable as Arrietty.
>>
Well that completely brought a halt to that then lol, great
>>
>>9283849
Her stuff has been really bland this year.
>>
>>9285391
She's had a mention or two in overseas mags though hasn't she this year?

As it was I thought she was up there with the best we had (in saying that I really wouldn't know, just going by what I've heard other people say)
>>
>>9283939
calling someone fat if they are fat seems to be reason enough to my mind.
Does no-one appreciate honesty?
>>
>>9284037
Just wait until people hate on it because it's "too simple"

Looks really nice though i hope they get the wig right but that one seems kinda hard to fuck up.
>>
>>9285680
>hating on a costume by a newbie
I didn't think people did that.
>>
>>9285796
what are you talking about people do it all the time. They just don't do it to someones face.
>>
>>9285673
Well you're pretty nasty.
If someone is actually fat, they will probably already know. Don't have to be an asshole and make fun of them for it, that's super cunty.
>>
>>9285391
You have really high standards
>>
>>9285391
I quite liked her work this year, but she hasn't really done too much. I also feel like she snobs the community a bit. Not sure why.
>>
>>9285883
Bland in relation to previous work she's put out.
>>
What do people think of lumenox photographys work?
>>
>>9285984
Who? Are you self posting to try and get critique?
>>
>>9283783
>>9285917
Ffs... Just because a well known comm member isn't the kind of person who is friends with everyone (e.g. Soxy) doesn't mean they're a snob. They're not obliged to have a friendly social personality just because they become known for their work. The small size of NZ's community probably fosters this attitude because people expect to know everyone and have everyone know them.
>>
>>9286045
to be fair I think it has more to do with not wanting to be as involved in the drama that comes with being involved closer with the comm
>>
>>9285838
totally agree, dick move dude
>>
>>9286045
Not everyone is into conventions and picnics
>>
>>9286045
I wouldn't fault her for not wanting to be a part of all the bullshit that goes on. NZ is a tiny country where anything you do will be carried against you for the rest of your life. It's almost impossible to get away from the bullshit if you even wiff at it for a second.
The only way to avoid that horrible loop is to never start it in a the first place. But ironically she is being chastised for not wanting to be a part of it. Though then again it could be for reasons other than that which i addressed above.
>>
>>9287056
Most the bullshit that tends to happen is because of friends having fallng outs from what it seems?
>>
>>9285554
She doesn't suffer fools gladly (is easy to piss off) but I don't blame her
>>
>>9287450
It happens over less things than that. Trying to dodge peoples 'feelings' is a minefield, and totally pointless!
>>
>>9288057
"I thought about doing that cosplay a few months ago how fucking dare you"
>>
>>9293664
Don't just bump a completely dead thread without trying to bring in new content anon, it's boring.
>>
>>9254533
Nah Cospasifik is still a creeper :^)

>>9269231
That's why I went to PAX Aus this year, Wellygeddon and Chchgeddon were basically the same thing and I wanted something different.

>>9274003
Hi /asp/ I'm looking at cosplaying classic Masked Kane

>>9284037
THey're going to hate on it or ignore it for being too simple or not skimpy enough

>>9285796
They always shit on peoples costumes behind their backs. Happens a lot here in Christchurch

Though a project I heard was in the works here by someone is some Magic the Gathering cosplays. I know /tg/ will love to see that end result. Don't know the characters but one of them is some cat person
>>
>>9283909
Oh, haha, you're so funny.
>>
Was checking out the Australian cosplay board and the drama they share in common with ours (with all cosplay communities I guess), got me thinking about the amount of issues people have in the community. Like the self confidence thing I understand but the amount of depression/anxiety/body awareness issues/etc is interesting considering the events cosplayers will place themselves in, like a huge amount of people at Geddons (I've got anxiety), I'll wear revealing cosplays (I have self esteem issues). Interesting, kind of hard to understand in a way.
>>
>>9299710
I feel like for me everything takes so much effort (than you person who style my dog assigns triggered depression and anxiety) that maybe cons are a place where it might finally pay off and people will be nice and make friends.
Also the environment is one where everyone is doing the same thing.
I dunno I suppose people do what they do in the how it will help then overcome the issue. But at least in my experience it doesn't seem to help much if at all and sometimes can go the other way. But I think I'm an outlier. That and I'm way too afraid to tell people what I honestly think for fear of alienating yet more people that might maybe sorta might be friends one day maybe.
>>
>>9299757
Yeah I get that impression that in some way it seems those people that have those afflictions find this a way to combat those issues. It's interesting in a sense and completely strange in another. I have nothing against revealing cosplays at all apart from people that are maybe a little too young to do them but the ratio of body conscious/low self esteem people that will do revealing is surprising
>>
>>9299773
It's how some people after being raped will turn to casual sex as a way to return control they felt they lost when it was forced on them. I figure people with self esteem and body image issues are trying to return some confidence by doing something they think looks good.
But just like the former example it doesn't work since they aren't addressing the real source of the problem. It ends up being not enjoyable and can in some cases heighten the feelings if inadequacy.
It's really quite sad and makes me hope that the people do find the help they need. Or if I could just give then a hug and tell them to value themselves.
>>
I just heard icewolf cosplay quit, whats the story
>>
>>9306084
Good. We don't need his type around here anyway.
>>
>>9306165
Heard he had a bit of an attitude. You aren't a fan either Im guessing
>>
>>9306165
No details ae, how boring
>>
I heard he was super rude to a lot of people. Don't know the details as I don't like to pry though.
>>
>>9306583
I don't know about that. I never had a problem with him. Don't know about that big brother thing though
>>
>>9306583
I heard he found out half of that group were backstabbing him hardout and thats why he closed the group and left. One of the group leaders started it all. Wouldnt be the first time going by whats already been said on here
>>
>>9306084
How is this even a thing. He wasn't even a good cosplayer?
>>
Eveychu payed $2,500 for that Cinderella Dress

Wish I had that money to waste
>>
>>9310036
I wonder if it was worth it? She looked gorgeous but it's just a big blue gown.
>>
>>9310420
Clearly she thought so
>>
>>9310453
did she? she's selling it off now.
>>
>>9310036
Flight attendants get paid real well.
Thread posts: 272
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.