[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, CGL, this is my first time on this board and ive read through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

Hi, CGL, this is my first time on this board and ive read through the tutorial database and sadly, didnt see what i was looking for. I'm just wondering if any of you know any ways to segment a steel armor underlayer in a way that can provide flexibility and movement for my torso section. I envision something similar to pic related, with the armor plates being individually segmented first for mobility before being sewn together with a cloth over-layer. thanks for any help you could provide.
>>
File: tumblr_ndgcptfZZN1r98xw9o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndgcptfZZN1r98xw9o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x246px
however, i was also hoping to be able to have the armor plates closer together, something like the winter soldier's arm in regards to the plates shifting as i would move. is anything like that possible or would the close proximity of the plates restrict movement too greatly?
>>
anyone have experience with this?
>>
>>9250422
USE THE HELP THREAD
>>
>>9250453
i read the sticky and the links provided but didnt see anything related to this
>>
>>9250456
this is an interesting topic that could probably be worth its own thread, but generally people who use the help thread (called "Cosplay Help and Advice" right now i think) get more thoughtful responses/less trolling.

>>9250453
questions that can be answered simply are good for the help thread but complicated stuff like this might take more back-and-forth.
>>
>>9250459
AH gee now i see what that guy meant, didnt realize there was a help thread. ill try there, but ill probably leave this thread active just in case, thank you.
>>
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ilx0a6775o53nhy/AACypr0MJ9XFknLgBiH4qKKpa?dl=0
>>
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zn3izpybkfzxsyk/AAAIA3hheiSENSTqt7EJ1rKsa?dl=0
>>
>>9252429
>>9252430
link disabled?
>>
File: Italian half plate.jpg (95KB, 487x791px) Image search: [Google]
Italian half plate.jpg
95KB, 487x791px
>>9250422
sounds like you want a brigantine or coat of plates

alternatively, a sliding rivet cuirass like the one in my pic.

Properly fitted armor is actually very flexible though, you can do pretty much everything you can normally do with armor.
>>9250425
you definitely can't have that kind of skin tight look, but armor slides over itself. Knight errant has a great video on how his pauldrons work, which is based on 14th century English armor. The later you go, the more articulated plates you see.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIhOyj_7zrQ
>>
File: Brigandine15thcentury.jpg (249KB, 1000x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Brigandine15thcentury.jpg
249KB, 1000x1370px
>>9252808
forgot to mention, we have a LARP thread and /tg/ has common Arms&Armor threads where you can ask about this.
>>
>>9252808
no theres no way it could be skin tight, thank you very much for your advice
>>
File: 16thC brigantine suit.jpg (34KB, 255x387px) Image search: [Google]
16thC brigantine suit.jpg
34KB, 255x387px
>>9252890
no prob, make sure to post the finished project when you get the chance
>>
>>9252944
oh itll be a long long while before i finish, but once i get past the design stages and start really building it i will definitely be back.
>>
>>9250456
That doesn't mean you can make a new thread. You just post on the thread like a smart person does.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.