[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simplicity finally found their answer to McCall's Yaya Han

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

Simplicity finally found their answer to McCall's Yaya Han collection with Riddle, and just released their own bodysuit pattern.
>Thoughts on the pattern itself?
>Hopes/Dreads for what type of patterns will come next from this line?
>Who do you think the next cosplayer will be to slap their name on some sewing patterns?
>General thoughts and opinions on how saturated the sewing pattern market is with cosplay patterns now

In general, I'm kind of disappointed with this pattern: it doesn't fit her well, it's a blatant knock off of Yaya Han's bodysuit pattern, and I don't even think Riddle designed it, just modeled it and put her name on the package.
>>
They even shooped out the drag lines and wrinkles for the package, but included the unshooped pictures on the website?
>>
>>9246976
To be fair, Yaya's coat one is ill-fitted to her as well.
>>
I wouldn't be shocked if JNig slapped her name on some kind of belly dancer/pokemon pattern.
>>
Maybe this one will fit people taller then Yaya.
>>
>>9246976
Well of COURSE it fits her horribly. She's almost a dwarf. Yaya is extremely short too, but since she makes the pattern she can model it better.
>>
>>9246997
>Electric Mouse Bikini Costume (ears and tail not included)
>>
>>9247052
Having made Yaya's pattern, I can confirm that this fits TERRIBLY if you're over 5ft tall and don't have huge boobs on a tiny frame. Making it fit a typical bodytype requires a lot of work.
>>
>>9246976
>potato-nosed model
>>
>>9247554

I've bought two of Yaya's patterns and they both fit like shit. I can't believe nobody at McCalls didn't actually look at the pattern and realize it will only fit a stumpwaisted lollypop shape with triple H boobs. Wasted time and money.
>>
>>9246976
J.Hart mentioned he'll be doing some patterns for McCall's. I'm very curious about what he'll do (probably also a corset and bustier) and how they'll turn out. Some foundation garments would be good to see.
>>
>>9247620

Excited as shit for his patterns, he actually does great work compared to Yaya and Riddle. Also his experience in Couture work should def give us something new.
>>
>>9247620

I'm excited as fuck for his patterns. My goal is to get to his level in sewing.
>>
best body suit
>>
>>9246976
Oh? Another hideous try-hard "cosplayer" shilling a basic bitch design through McCall's for all the retarded fans to buy? Shocking.....
>>
File: il_570xN.714341294_a42z.jpg (80KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.714341294_a42z.jpg
80KB, 570x760px
>>9248019
I like the kwik-sew patterns since they feel a bit more easier to follow then the other stuff(and the patterns are regular paper instead of tissue) This pattern was a really good one for making Sailor Scout costumes.
>>
>>9247554

riddle and yaya both have oversized implants on a small frame why would they sell something that fits very few girls
>>
>>9248104
Oh damn it actually comes with the underbust seam
>>
>>9248019
Can confirm, I used this pattern for a cosplay. Had to adjust a bit on the arms so it wasn't too loose but it's a good pattern.
>>
>>9248122
If these companies are going to try and market to cosplayers by using cosplay models, I really wish they'd pick cosplayers with realistic proportions and not titty gnomes.
>>
>>9247629
>>9247964
Yeah I'll probably buy all the patterns he puts out because he seems to actually know wtf he's doing. He talked about making a book on bustiers, which hasn't happened, but I'm glad we're getting patterns. His skill level is also my cosplay goals.
>>
>>9248019
Still my favourite
>>
>>9247010
Riddle is like 4foot 11 so I doubt it...
>>
>>9248369
Yaya *did* have realistic proportions, about 5 years ago......
>>
>>9248122
>>9248369
How does Riddle have "oversized implants"? Look at OP's pic. They don't look big to me....what is her bust size?
>>
>>9251207
google
>>
>>9251291
Are you telling me that information like that is readily available on Google?
>>
>>9251207
Look at other photos of her. Her fake clown tits are super absurdly disproportionate to her body. I'd say even worse than Yaya even.
>>
>>9251756
I mean I remember seeing pics of her from around 2008ish when she first did the Mary Marvel latex costume, and I don't recall them being too big.

She's gotten implants since then? Pics?
>>
>>9251882
bruh literally just google "Riddle Cosplay" you'd have your answer if you did, you pedantic retard
>>
>>9251886
I think you misunderstand the point of having a discussion on an IMAGE BOARD. You post pics in response, not tell someone to "just google it"
>>
>>9251888
Nobody is going to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>9248122
Because they both have a large reach and are willing to do it for the right amount of money. Yaya probably got Riki the job too.
>>
>>9246976
>Piddle

that logo.......
>>
Why make a pattern, clearly designed for cosplay, with the zipper down the front? That's so much less useful for so many cosplays.
>>
>>9252538
You can see in the pattern the zipper can go in the front or the back, or remove the seam. Many female characters have a Zipper in the front. Yaya works for the competing company how would she have gotten her the job. Only person Yaya has helped get a job is her friend Indra since she works for Cosplay fabrics line.

Common sense not so common on 4chan.
>>
>>9247554
I am so glad to read this

I've been debating getting that pattern for resurreccion Grimmjow, but pushing 5'11 with tiny boobs, guessing that's that is a bad idea.
>>
>>9252742
Don't the companies standardize the patterns? I can't imagine all patterns are made by a 5'6 140lbs person.
>>
>>9252788
There is usually a way to lengthen them, they put a line in that you cut and add more length inbetween, but they don't all have that.

The issue is body shape really
>>
>>9252742
You should probably be looking at body suits for dudes to avoid the more feminine seam lines
>>
File: yaya2.jpg (159KB, 641x719px) Image search: [Google]
yaya2.jpg
159KB, 641x719px
>>9251206
Probably more like 10. She's had big fake cans since her stripper days.
>>
>>9252788

usually - except these are clearly scaled versions of Yaya's personal patterns, or something, they are REALLY unbalanced.
>>
File: 1454681233459.webm (3MB, 660x964px) Image search: [Google]
1454681233459.webm
3MB, 660x964px
>>9251207
>>
>>9252836
Jesus H. Christ her inflatable chest is nothing compared to the size of her nose.....
>>
>>9252903
Maybe she is trying to make everything proportional
>>
>>9252916
haha she needs to go up a few sizes then.....
>>
>>9246976
What's the point in making the princess seam bend into the side seam instead of making it go downwards to the crotch? Seems like a lot of effort for no reason
>>
File: yaya implants.png (699KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yaya implants.png
699KB, 1280x720px
>>9252815
Holy fuck I was referring to her newest ones (pic related). I noticed a huge jump in her chest size around 2012 but I didn't know she has had implants from the beginning.
>>
>>9252799
Ah, I'm playing l planning on adding layers to it so it's shaped like his body is.

Hopefully, there will be no seams bar the ones he actually has.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.