[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crossplay / Crossdressing Thread #7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 53

File: 1466604215181.jpg (94KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
1466604215181.jpg
94KB, 500x701px
Old thread is kill: >>9126606

ITT: We talk about anything related to crossplaying (males cosplaying as females & females cosplaying as males) and crossdressing
- help /questions / seeking advice to improve
- pictures of good crossplays
- selfposts
- your personal story of crossplaying
>>
Also for further reference by >>9171667:

>Post your stats you qts!
>height
>weight
>age
>overbust
>underbust
>waist
>hips
>>
>>9178113
>height
6'1
>weight
Last time I measured it was175... but that leaves a lot of room for error
>age
>overbust
39"
>underbust
35"
>waist
33.5"
>hips
40"

....I'm not fat thou I swear....
trans too. kill me now

I would upload a picture but then again... its 4chan
>>
>>9178113
im retarded
how do I measure my bust as a guy
>>
>>9178299
Over nipple?
Then undernipple for underbust?
It's not that difficult...
>>
Im rail thin and a 5'5" shorty with curly hair

Who should I cosplay as? I cant think of anyone...
>>
File: w650.jpg (112KB, 650x974px) Image search: [Google]
w650.jpg
112KB, 650x974px
Why is the OP of the previous thread a girl playing a girl?

Is it an admission that you cucks will never look that good?
>>
File: CPKlHL1UYAACK22.jpg (71KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
CPKlHL1UYAACK22.jpg
71KB, 600x901px
>>9178351

Responsible OP here.

Nah, was just my bad. Didn't research the person enough.

Take pic related to make up for it.
>>
>height
5'8"
>weight
>age
>chest
83cm (don't think there's a difference in over/under for me?)
>waist
67cm
>hips
79cm

These are from May last year. I'm not going to lie - they've probably gone up by now and I'm way too scared to buy a scale, but all my cosplays were sized to these measurements and still fit so I guess it's not too bad?
>>
>>9178113
>height
5'1"
>weight
>age
>overbust
35"
>underbust
32"
>waist
25"
>hips
33"

I want to get more into FtM crossplay but my sizes mostly fit girls.. and I don't really like young boy characters.
I also wish there were more ways to boost your height than getting those ugly platform shoes that the Asian cosplayers use.
>>
File: kkalchang.jpg (29KB, 499x475px) Image search: [Google]
kkalchang.jpg
29KB, 499x475px
>>9178480
Do what the kpop stars do and use shoe insoles (shoe lifts). You can also find some shoes with them already built in, depending on where you look they're called 'wedge shoes' 'wedge heels' 'elevator shoes' etc.
I have a pair in two of my sneakers that are built in and I go from 5'6" to 5'8"

And if you're worried about height for photos, there are a lot of camera tricks you can do to make yourself seem taller than the person you're posing with. Mostly having them bend their knees a bit or if you're sitting down, kneel on the bench and take the photo from waist up or something
>>
File: d1a (2).jpg (21KB, 371x335px) Image search: [Google]
d1a (2).jpg
21KB, 371x335px
>>9178480
>5'1
Fucking manlets I swear
>>
>>9178480
I feel your pain, anon. I am also a 5'1" shorty so I'll never amount to more than a manlet or young boy. If you get heel lifts and buy the right shoe, you can add 3-5 inches to your height. I have heel lifts that can stack up to 3", with boots I can usually fit in 2 shoe inserts (dr scholls) which gives me about one more inch, plus the sole adding about another inch. 5'6" is still short but it's much, much better than 5'1".

You have a larger bust than me so you might look more proportionate than I do after binding, but in general pad your waist so clothes hang properly and wear stuff that bulks out your shoulders a bit so you look less like ) ( and more like | | or even ideally \ /.
>>
Ok y'all I got my hair cut a little since I last posted here. I still don't love it though so I'm going to go to an actual stylist soon to get it done better but I'm not sure what to ask for, advice? I'm also not really sure the bangs are working out as they are, I feel like they just draw attention to my masculine brow.

Speaking of my brow, is it possible for makeup to make my eyes look less deep set/feminine? I feel like that's the most masculine part of my face right now (although my nose and jaw are bad too).

Am I ever going to look passable? Would putting on more weight to round out my cheeks help? Are there any other little tricks I could use?

My b/w/h measurements are 32-27-35 idk if that's relevant but other people are posting theirs. And I'm 5'11 or possibly 6'0" so that really sucks.
>>
>>9178713
*less deep set/more feminine
>>
>>9178713
Definitely thin out your eyebrows, especially the inner corners. A little bit of an arch would be okay.
Work on contour to soften your nose, as well.
Not bad though, passable from a distance.
>>
>>9178713
I know it's partly that people want to be reassured and/or attention seeking, (and it's fine, I get it) but I hate when I see a cute androgynous guy that clearly looks like a girl, but he makes a comment, "Am I ever going to look passable?" Are you trying to be sarcastic here? =P

You cannot be blind to how passable you are as a girl. Just put a dress on and some minor make up, done. Even if you're tall, cosplay characters like Sailor Jupiter or the many other tall anime girls. Hell, so many real life models are tall slender women so it's not a problem.

If you aren't just doing this for the cross dressing lolz and want to be a girl for real, better get on HRT while you still have all those feminine features.
>>
>>9178853
I'm on HRT, I just come here for advice sometimes cause when I ask /lgbt/ for advice they just give me memes and when I ask Reddit for advice it's just "you already pass flawlessly, hon ; ^)"

And I know I'm androgynous but I do have several very masculine traits I'd like to de-emphasize and I always get gendered male by strangers irl, which makes sense cause I wear male clothes and all but I'd just like to make myself a little more presentable before trying to present female so I don't get clocked by everyone as easily.

I'm interested in cosplay too though ofc (and I've already considered Sailor Jupiter lol)
>>
How do I, as a guy, get a cute crossdressing/crossplaying boyfriend?

I'm in the Touhou community (plz no bully) so I know a lot of crossplayers and some of them are even pretty qt, but everyone I find attractive is fuckin' straight. The only gay/bi ones are the nasty, gross, screaming weaboo autist stereotypical Touhou fans and I want none of that.

It's so awkward to try and tactfully ask whether a crossplayer is straight if they aren't someone you already know well. Any tips?
>>
>>9178713
Put on a frilly dress and id bang the hell out of you.
>>
>>9178892
Just get to know them as friends first.
>>
>>9178713
you look like arteezy
>>
>>9178892
Maybe try a less autistic fandom if you hate autists
Or buy them touhou plushies, they're never 100% straight
>>
>>9178536
Why do you think they're crossplaying
>>
>>9179154
>reading comprehension
>>
>>9179163
oh derp
>>
What's the best way to minimize the mannish qualities of a roman nose?
>>
>>9179199
A nose job
>>
>>9179211
wew lad
>>
>>9179040
Stop this, no I don't aside from having a big nose.

>>9179199
You can contour it. I have the same problem but I don't think contouring seems very hard based on the videos I've watched.
>>
>>9178713
I immediately assumed girl so I think you're definitely doing good so far. Also the bangs are really cute! If anything I think some basic mascara and light eyeshadow should help your eyes look less deep-set.
>>
>>9178713
Use a wig instead, what character are you cosplaying?
>>
>>9178113

>height
5'7
>weight
114lbs
>age
>overbust
32"
>underbust
30"
>waist
24"
>hips
32"

Broad shoulders and chest wildly disproportionate to rest of upper body. Welp, that's what I get for swimming lots during puberty.
>>
>>9179806
Not cosplaying anyone yet, I'm trying to transition to female full time.

After I finish worrying about that I'll put a cosplay together.
>>
>>9178892
You just ask man, there isn't any way around it. Touhou sounds like a pretty hard fandom to find a male date though, since idk most of the characters are female, I would assume most of the people are there because they like girls. As a fellow touhou fan I wish you luck in your love life haha
>>
File: 2975934-9616720677-1164..jpg (26KB, 479x359px) Image search: [Google]
2975934-9616720677-1164..jpg
26KB, 479x359px
>do genderbend peridot
>next day crossplay Mami for joke costume
>friend messages me on Facebook
>wtf do you crossplay so much, are you gay?
>mfw
>>
Ftm crossplayer here, how to hide hips? I don't have very big hips (35") but when I cosplay cute anime boys, they always give me away. I have a small bust and waist so that's pretty easy to hide in slightly over sized tops but the bottoms are always closer fitting.
>>
>>9180210
I modify shirts to hit a little below my hip rather than right at the hip or waist -- sacrificing accuracy for a more masculine silhouette is worth it imo. Also when posing go for 3/4 angles instead of head-on, that helps a lot.
>>
>>9178113
Quick reply doesn't seem to want to work, so I'll do this here.

>height
5'9"
>weight
150lbs last time I checked, but dropping. (140 goal)
>age
>overbust
35"
>underbust
32.5"
>waist
29"
>hips
34"

o yeh
>>
>>9178713

I would be totally fooled, you look like a girl. Your height actually doesn't matter because girls who look like that are normally kind of awkwardly tall anyway.
>>
>>9178892

If you find out, let me know.

>Fell for a friend who was a Touhou crossplayer when I thought I was straight
>Ended up gay and crossplaying too to impress him
>Heartbroken when he turned out to be straight and got a girlfriend
>Now I'm broken, gay and enjoy wearing dresses

I'm not even a Touhou fan but it seems like most Touhou crossplayers are definitely straight, a lot of them seem to be Asian and just see it as a funny joke more than anything else, kind of like a weebier version of male Sailor Moon cosplays.
>>
>>9178892
You probably could find a few in this thread honestly.
>>
>>9181343
>just see it as a funny joke more than anything else
That never gets old. The manlier you are, the better.

I do look some some sort of viking/lumberjack and the times I put on a dress I got guaranteed laughs.
>>
How does everyone feel about the autism that is people getting offended by genderbend cosplays?
>>
>>9181502
Eh, annoyed.
I'm into Love Live and, while I like the girls, I'd rather do a genderbend. Even changing some of their card outfits to a male version of it.
But the fandom gets super fucking salty over that kind of thing. Idolstuff in general seems to be like that.
>>
>>9181502
I get annoyed when people do female genderbends that are sexy/revealing/not sensible when the male character wouldn't wear something like that. That having been said, I crossplay (ftm) and there are a couple characters I know I could never, ever pull off in crossplay (like Jet Black from Cowboy Bebop), so I plan on doing a genderbend of them eventually. I don't mind them when it's clear the person has thought about how the character might dress/act if they were the opposite gender.
>>
>height
170cm/
>weight
50kg
>age
>bust
>waist
>hips
I hope lolita selfposting is fine since there's no brolita thread up.
>>9178892
The few weebs who hit on me are insipid and have no idea how to approach someone they're interested in.
>>
>>9181506
I do genderbends of female characters that i love but dont feel comfortable enough to portray as female, because i am a fully transitioned ftm individual, and ive literally lost friends because there are people out there that accuse genderbend cosplayers of erasing "genderfluid" identities and "non binary" identities, but seriously how the actual fuck do you expect someone to cosplay a "non binary" version of a character? Youre going to be recognized as either male or female, theres no efficient way to do an "in between" version. Stupidity at its finest.
>>
>>9181540
I agree on the sexualized female genderbend thing, good lord.
>>
>>9181565
Forgot to add that theres also a bunch of people who dont realize the word "genderbend" literally means (this character), except (gender). People somehow seem to think it is meant to erase non binary people. Prefect example of asspained tumblrinas changing definitions of words again.
>>
>>9181567
>>9181565
See, I've heard of people getting offended about the term genderbend because "that character could identify differently but it wouldn't change their appearance!!!!!!!!!!"
Which is true, but sexbend doesn't have the right ring to it.

I think the whole idea of changing a character's sex/gender is interesting but Tumblr fucked it up just like everything else they touch.
>>
File: Cemetary Fountain2.jpg (3MB, 1662x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Cemetary Fountain2.jpg
3MB, 1662x2500px
>height
5'7"
>weight
>age
>overbust
34.5"
>underbust
32"
>waist
28"
>hips
35"
>>9181553
Hasn't been one in a while.
>>
does anyone know somewhere to get custom made heels? My boyfriend wears a womens 16 and its really hard to find anything cute or unique for him. Im hoping to find somewhere that would make larger sized shoes based off of pictures of smaller ones or something.
>>
>>9181343
Are you me? Touhou crossplaying friend made me realize I was bi after I started crushing hard on him. Ended up being straight, though in my defense he wasn't sure at first. Crossplay for me really is mostly just because all my favorite characters happen to be female, though.

>>9181553
I'm not the suauvest man alive, but I at least think I manage to avoid being a massive sperglord about it. I'm just not very good at being overt/assertive about my interest.
>>
>>9181553
You are aware that you are considerably underweight, right?
>>
>>9181343
I don't really consider it a joke cause I do try my hardest to look good and passable for my touhou cosplays. And you can be manly and still look really appropriate and good in a touhou costume. Like that one Yuugi cosplayer
>>
>>9181992
Nearly every feminine male is, it's not necessarily unhealthy. We just don't have the muscle that the "average" guy has adding to our weight.
>>
>height
178cm / 5'10"
>weight
57kg / 126 lbs
>age
>bust
89cm / 35"
>waist
76cm / 30"
>hips
91cm / 36"

>>9181864
Antaina and Pleaser. I'm actually not sure how large they get. Anyone who does outright custom-sized shoes is going to be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
Ftm cosplayer here!
So, I'm built kinda strange, and my upper half looks super manly, and I have pretty muscular arms, and if I didn't have little boobs I would look like a male from the upper half. The only problem is my legs, my thighs are pretty large to be passable as a male. They're not *fat*, I'm a size 5 jeans, but when I cosplay guys that's all I can see. Is the only way to fix this actually losing weight? I cosplay plenty of girls too, so I don't want to lose weight specifically for male cosplay. I make a cute girl and a convincing guy other than my legs. Anyone have any tips? (I'm 5'4-5'5 btw)
>>
>>9181343
>>9181945
Holy shit are you guys me? Maybe we all fell for the same touhou crossplayer
>>
>>9182129
thighs are like, the last thing anyone ever looks at on a guy
>>
File: 41RPjkRpCcL._SY445_[1].jpg (15KB, 334x445px) Image search: [Google]
41RPjkRpCcL._SY445_[1].jpg
15KB, 334x445px
>>9182135
Not true. Outside of breasts, fat thighs are the most obvious tell for ftm.

>>9182129
Get some muscle definition on your thighs if you don't already have any and wear something that'll compress your womanly leg fat.
>>
>>9182150
Thanks for the tip! I forgot about shape wear. I do sports so it's more built fat, so this helps a lot anon
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473652530222.jpg (66KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473652530222.jpg
66KB, 720x960px
>>9182018
>height
5'6"
>weight
57kg / 163 lbs
>age
>bust
39"
>waist
31"
>hips
42"

This is where shapewear, makeup, costume choice and proper angles and pose come into play haha.
>>
>>9182177
You're Asian though, you're gonna look feminine enough for crossplay regardless desu
>>
>>9182177
Ooops ignore the 57kg. Didnt delete that part
>>
>>9182183
yeah and because we're asian we usually try a little harder than 'enough'
>>
File: total-solar-elipse.jpg (22KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
total-solar-elipse.jpg
22KB, 750x500px
>>9182258
>>
>>9182258
Ida' fug you 2bh desu me
>>
>>9182183
Anyone who says this just aren't exposed to enough asians in their lives. Like with all races, there are some truly fugly asian boys who would never pass.
>>
>>9182258
same, anon
>>
I'm looking to crossplay either Yoko (TTGL) or Asuka (NGE). Which one would be cheaper/easier to do? I'm a bit hesitant towards Yoko because of the whole bikini issue, for one thing
>>
>>9182340
A good Asuka costume will be a fuck ton more expensive, but yes it's far harder to pass in Yoko's costume.
>>
>>9182344
Oh yeah, forgot to mention 2 things:
1) Hilda from Pokemon BW as a third option. She seems to be the cheapest of all.
2) If I did Asuka, it'd be her yellow dress or school uniform

So which one of the three would you recommend the most?
>>
>>9182346
Hilda is a pretty good choice her outfit is pretty basic and it covers a lot of the harder to pass areas.
>>
>>9182348
Thanks, I might go for it :)

As for scarcity, have there been any guys (other than the horrifying Sailor-Jeimi) who've done a Hilda crossplay before? I've seen a few Yokos and Asukas, but not Hilda yet.
>>
>>9182349
Her design was released in 2011 dude, their has been dozens of guys that have cosplayed her. You not going to be doing anything with a series as popular as Pokemon.
>>
>>9182355
>>>9182349
>anything new
Fuck it's late
>>
>>9182355
Really? Got any pics of cute trap Hilda cosplayers?
>>
Shaving or waxing? Or should I buy one of those epilator things?
>>
>>9182340
>I'm a bit hesitant towards Yoko because of the whole bikini issue, for one thing
You could do something like http://technoranma.tumblr.com/post/111435123211/the-boobs-you-made-for-your-cosplay-what-material did
>>
Thanks to all the anons who put their measures in cm or kg.
>>
>>9182674
Why, are you making a database?
>>
>>9182679
They probably are thanking the anons who used the metric system as opposed to the filthy American system.
>>
>>9182681
I actually converted it to imperials cause I assumed most people here would be using the American system... this is why assumptions are bad
>>
>>9182681
For what purpose? No offense but I didn't read anyone else's stats.
>>
>>9182703
>I didn't read it therefore no one is going to read it.
>>9182679
I like to read something without "ok, now I have to convert this into the international unit system". Is not that hard to get an idea of why
>>
>>9182729
"International unit system" please tell that to the print industry. Used metric all my life, then wind up in an industry with like 20 different units of measurements only to find out that imperial is the only one that I would use for work.
>>
>height
5'7"
>weight
>age
>overbust
>underbust
>waist
>hips

I can bind my bust, but those hips are the bane of my existence
>>
>>9182749
Is called "international unit system" even if not everyone use it.
And I don't know why some industries still use the imperial. Probably the print industry got standardized when the Imperial System was the norm and is easier to say that something is still 2 inches that convert it into 5.08 cm
>>
You'd be surprised how convenient it is to go the extra mile now. Almost everything has a tutorial and/or is available for a decent price. Only if you have exhausted all your options can you truly boil it down to losing the genetic lottery. Not being Asian is probably the flimsiest excuse ever
>>
>>9182760
Your weight is the bane of your existence. Lose it, and your hips will go away.
>>
>>9182289
This, it's a meme on /crossplay/. I have masculine facial features and broad shoulders but I don't care about getting a girlfriend so that doesn't matter to me. I wish I had feminine features so I could pass.
>>
>>9182132

Yikes, I personally doubt it but who knows. Any discreet identifying information? It'd be funny if we did.
>>
File: le crossplay meme.jpg (95KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
le crossplay meme.jpg
95KB, 768x1024px
>>9182183
Do you think this guy looked feminine enough for crossplay before he put in the effort?
>>
>>9182860
I'm sure the filters helps
>>
>>9182860
>大学生
>社会人
This gives me faith
>>
File: CEIlnm2UkAIR0Ib.jpg (114KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CEIlnm2UkAIR0Ib.jpg
114KB, 600x900px
>>9182883

You can do it anon
>>
>>9182860
Yes, his facial bone structure is a lot less masculine than the average Western guy's.
>>
File: yukaribrofrontwhitebckg.jpg (146KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
yukaribrofrontwhitebckg.jpg
146KB, 700x1050px
>>9183086
You can still look pretty with masculine features.
>>
>>9182860
I'm half tempted to make one of these for myself because I know it would look hilarious, but the 1 in a million chance that someone from high school/middle school will stumble across it is keeping me from actually doing it...
>>
File: yukaribrosrs.jpg (119KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
yukaribrosrs.jpg
119KB, 467x700px
>>
>>9182648
So I'm pretty fucking hairy, and the epilator works best for me, esp on my thighs. Shaving leaves lots of bumps, waxing can be messy.
>>
>>9182835
Working on it, man. Down 20lbs but it doesn't happen overnight, and I'm not going to stop cosplaying in the mean time.
>>
>>9183110
Don't be a faggot do it.
>>
>>9183160
Then why are you complaining about something you know how to fix?
>Ugh this open wound from when I stabbed myself is the bane of my existence!
>Then fix the wound...
>I'm not going to stop cosplaying because I have a bleeding hole where I shanked myself! I'm working on it!
Fatties like you are always "working on it".
>>
>>9183172
Chill
>>
>>9183123
>waxing can be messy
How so? Do you just mean applying the wax or what?
>>
>>9183172
They were just posting stats, man.
>>
File: ruri.jpg (195KB, 1300x980px) Image search: [Google]
ruri.jpg
195KB, 1300x980px
Anyone know of a good site/seller to get a pair of Kuroneko's shoes that have decent reviews? I'm awful at taobao and everything on aliexpress has no reviews. Last thing I need for my crossplay.
>>
>>9183110
What are the chances they will be able to give you shit for it lol
>>
>>9183123
What kind of epilator do you recommend? I've heard that Emjoi is the best brand, and I definitely need something with strength.
>>
File: 20160912_204423.jpg (3MB, 2079x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_204423.jpg
3MB, 2079x3024px
Post your stats you qts!
>height
5'6"
>weight
112-115
>age
>overbust
>underbust
>waist
>hips

Boss at work said I that we could all dress for the whole week of Halloween. I plan on doing mostly lolita but maybe 1 day of reisen. Idk.

Unmatch shoes, no makeup, no wig
/lazy here
>>
>>9178113
>>height
6'1
>>weight
195, working out everyday and cutting a load of shit from my diet though
>>age
>>bust
>>waist
>>hips
>>
File: my_crossplay_meme.jpg (153KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
my_crossplay_meme.jpg
153KB, 768x1024px
Oh what the hell, let's roll the dice!
...maybe someone else will jump in... >_>
>>
File: IMG_20160913_184801.jpg (72KB, 682x826px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_184801.jpg
72KB, 682x826px
>>9183884
That's quite the difference. Contribootin
>>
>>9181864
a lot of taobao brands offer custom size if you personally contact them, size 16 feet here and its frustrating because a lot of places dont list whether they do or dont do custom sizing and a lot of shops will but only so large plus they cost a bit more but ive found it to be an unavoidable issue if i want cute shoes, some taobao resellers do the shopping service essentially for you which is nice to find shops that do custom sizing but additional money on top of additional money doesnt sound fun to me
>>
>>9183651
>tfw tall with huge ribcage and will never really pass

>height
6'1"
>weight
>age
>measurements
38"/27"/32"

I keep hoping that I'll be more qt if I hit my goal weight though...
>>
its ok to not pass
>>
>>9183963
Not really.
For guys, not passing looks like you're just doing it to be funny. Or it looks creepy.
For girls, not passing means you look like a Tumblr fakeboi.
>>
>>9183964
What if you're a guy cosplaying a guy and a girl comes to ask you for a hug and screams out "IT'S A GUY" when they hear your voice?
>>
>>9184006
>"you're a guy cosplaying a guy"
You mean normal cosplay?
>>
>>9184006
Accidental pass
>>
>>9183651
I would love to redecorate your room, anon...

>>9184006
You shout "It's a girl???", of course
>>
>>9183964
Let's be realistic though, it's almost impossible for the vast majority of people to pass in person (especially guys). Pictures and from a distance are one thing, but most people can figure it out from a normal talking distance.
>>
File: 1391819881831.png (912KB, 600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1391819881831.png
912KB, 600x1600px
>>9184592
yeah pass as what though? I'm getting the feeling here that the goal for a lot of people is to look like a 10/10 teenage girl.
>>
>>9184626
That's my goal. It's not easy being kawaii.
>>
>>9184626
I I think most mean passable in the sense of "if I didn't know better, I'd genuinely believe this is a woman."
>>
>>9184626
Well for cosplay, most of them are teenage girls.
>>
>>9184497
Hey anon, I just moved in but sure. If you're in LA then yeah I guess you could "redecorate" my room with me

*cuddles*
>>
>>9184055
That's the point I was making.

Like. I have no idea why she thought I was a chick crossplaying. I don't have feminine features.
>>
>>9184900
Is it a fandom that girls tend to crossplay in (ie. Free, Kuroshit, DMMD, other fujoshit)?
>>
>>9185095
I was Kotetsu from T&B.
Maybe it was the mask?

I dunno.
>>
In the next two weeks I am going to start swimming since I was diagnosed with scoliosis
Rip my cross dreams
>>
>>9184006
Then you take advantage of that and hang out with them during/after the con. What are you, gay?
>>
File: image.jpg (199KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199KB, 700x1200px
Ok I have a greentext to share with everyone about the woes of bodyline
>Be me
>18 MtF
>just getting into lolita and I wanted to try the fashion with a shitty quality co-ord before I decide if I want to actually get into it. pic related is the dress.
>make a simple co-ord, white blouse, dress, long teal socks (although sadly they didn't match the hem of the dress), and simple white flats.
>arrives
>try it on
>Look in the mirror, and almost burst into tears
>for the first time in my life I see a girl looking back at me

>Time skip to later that night
>Wanted to try it on again just to see myself again
>maybe also to take some photos to show some of my friends
>put it on
>lean down to pull on socks
>zipper splits
>the corseting on the back wasn't even done up, the pressure wasn't that much
>try for like an hour to fix it in vain
>start bawling in the shower
>why does this bullshit always happen to me

I'm going to try again to fix it tonight, with some heavy duty tools, rather than just zipping and rezipping to try and get it to click right again. But damn be careful with bodyline... don't expect it to be all that well done. Although it may have been my fault because before then it got stuck on some of the fabric beforehand and I may have screwed it up trying to get it out.
>>
>>9186914
What do you mean by heavy duty tools? I think you should get the zipper replaced by a tailor instead, rather than try to bodge it back together. That might wind up damaging the fabric more for what is essentially a temporary measure to hold it up.

Plus it sounds like you ordered the dress a size too small. Bring it to a tailor and see if they can help you with widening some parts so the fabric isn't as strained when you put it on the next time
>>
>>9187009
>Plus it sounds like you ordered the dress a size too small. Bring it to a tailor and see if they can help you with widening some parts so the fabric isn't as strained when you put it on the next time

I really hope not, that was the largest size, fuck my rib cage.
Also I don't think so, I was inches inside the recommended measurement, I probably broke it myself due to getting it caught on the fabric.

>What do you mean by heavy duty tools?
All I really meant was that I was going to make a small cut at the base of the zipper to reattach the second track properly. It won't be that crazy.

also going to a tailor with a dress as a boy is scary, if I can fix it myself I can stay safely in the closet
>>
>>9186914
do they come with a petticoat or whatever like the pic? what size did you get and what are your measurements that didnt fit?
>>
>>9187055
>also going to a tailor with a dress as a boy is scary
You shouldn't worry about it because most of the time they assume you're bringing it on behalf of someone else. I bring my lolita shit to my tailor and dry cleaner all the time without any issue. Just don't make a big deal about it, and they won't bat an eye. I never said anything to them, and they just assumed I work for a theatre troupe.
>>
>>9187061
No I bought a classical puppets petticoat although it hasn't arrived yet
>>
>>9187061
Also the thing is that the measurements did fit, I was at least 1 inch below what they said. I made sure to get a size up...
>>
>>9183110
>but the 1 in a million chance that someone from high school/middle school will stumble across it is keeping me from actually doing it
I mean... if they are browsing a cross dressing thread, then I doubt they will have a problem with it. Like, what would happen? "While looking at feminine guys, I found a picture of anon! he's so gay".
>>
>>9186120
No I'm fucking 30 and not down to hang out with teenagers.
>>
>>9186914
Wait a minute, that can't be bodyline. They don't make dresses that nice.
>>
pls share makeup tutorials
>>
>>9187940
http://masterposter.tumblr.com/post/116605714860
>>
Anyone else wear a bra for lolita/crossplay? I usually opt for a slightly padded sports bra or a camisole top for Lolita, I think it helps the blouse sit a little better. Or am I just a weirdo, desu?
>>
>>9189726
I do that too, it helps me feel more convincing in long-term outfits
>>
File: tumblr_n6wvb7fp3Q1rjsv4to1_500.gif (52KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6wvb7fp3Q1rjsv4to1_500.gif
52KB, 466x700px
>>9178113
>Height
6'0 / 183cm
>Weight
145lbs / 65kg
>Age
>Overbust
33"
>Underbust
I don't know
>Waist
30"
>Hips
33"

I wish I was about 7 inches shorter, but I guess being tall isn't all bad
>>
>>9189726
Depends if it completes the character/look/outfit.
For example, most maid outfits won't look good without padding of some kind.
Also, is it convincing if I look at myself in the mirror? Testing both really helps.
If there is no visual effect/express need, I'd personally opt out of wearing one.
>>
>>9183884
>>9183895

That's fucking bullshit. how are Asian males so good at being female?
>>
>>9190068
They tend to have softer features. I'm not Asian but I have a babyface at 22 so I can pull off girls pretty well too.
>>
>tfw slowly approaching 12 stone.
Well shit. Better start investing in some exercise items.
>>
>>9180142
>keeping your weeb business on normiebook
or at least make a 2nd profile for this stuff anon
>>
File: ramiel.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ramiel.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
>>9190068
>tfw you're asian but your dad looks like hideaki fucking anno
>>
>>9190205
>have various social medias
>only post cosplay on instagram
>he's on both
Fucking weird, I know.
>>
>>9178713
get a concealer specifically made for around the eyes to brighten up that area. i love the bangs!
>>
>>9183277
check bodyline. their shoes are pretty decent quality. idk about size though
>>
File: lux03.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lux03.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I'm kindof a newfag here

anyway, I have an unhealthy obsession with lux, and I'm thinking of cosplaying her at the next con
I really have no idea where to begin
>>
>height
5'6"
>weight
140lbs
>age
>over bust
38"
>under bust
30"
>waist
27"
>hips
42"

I'm trying to lose weight but I'm kind of worried I'll never pass as a guy lol.
>tfw will never be dashing young rogue all the girls fawn over
Btw can anyone post pics of actually believable FTM cross plays? I've never really seen one that made me think it was a guy unless it had been photoshopped to hell and back
>>
>>9191661
Are you planning to get the costume commissioned or make it on your own? The first priority is getting proper measurements done. For the purpose of crossplay, this involves filling out your bust, hip and maybe cinching in your waist for a abit more shape and definition before you take the measurements.

I assume you are going for the spellthief skin?
>>
>>9183960
>27 inch waist
Kawaiiiiii
>>
>>9191661
you should start by looking at other lux cosplays!
>>
File: 1427482061547.jpg (18KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
1427482061547.jpg
18KB, 300x415px
>tfw intense, nightmarish fear of people thinking i'm creepy, perverted or degnerate ensures I'll never crossplay

I hope you guys have enough fun for the people who are trapped by their own guilt
>>
>>9192716
Start with closet crossplay? That's what I was doing, and even after being publicly outed (during the last thread), I'm still having fun with my cross hobbies
>>
>height
6'1"
>weight
140 pounds
>age
25 and feelin way too old to be here
>overbust
40"
>underbust
dunno lol
>waist
33"
>hips
40"

trans but hiding it. I was always too chicken to crossplay when I was younger, now I feel like I'd just be a creepo.
>>
File: Ferris_Anime_Character_Art.png (470KB, 1100x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ferris_Anime_Character_Art.png
470KB, 1100x900px
Well, this is going to be interesting.

First and foremost I have no dress design experience, so unless 4chan tells me otherwise I'm probably going to have to buy for this one. I'm a 5 foot 6 guy who is looking to cosplay trap Felix Argyle. My friend recommended me to use circle lenses but I am not sure why desu.

Does anyone know anything about cosplay inspire as a shopping site? They have a nice combo but its coming from China, and I don't know how good their work is, let alone if it is even their work. I just want it to look good, and make me look less like a fag.

http://www.cosplayinspire.com/re-zero-felix-argyle-ferris-cosplay-costume.html

I have around 6 months to lose my gut and get this dress. Any basic cross play tips and crossplay makeup for guys as well
>>
>>9194204
Circle lenses enlarge your apparent iris size which has the effect of making your face appear smaller in proportion. IMO for guys crossplaying it's extremely key while many girls can get away without it. They also come in a variety of colors and patterns which you can match to your character if you want.

My best guess about cosplay inspire is that they just resell from the shops on Taobao which is why I would recommend just biting the bullet and learning how to Taobao - it's actually really simple and there is a thread on here along with many guides online. For keywords I'd use something like "从零开始的异世界生活 菲利斯 cos"

P.S: These guys have the exact same photos so I can only imagine they are the ones who cosplayinspire are reselling for: https://world.taobao.com/item/538571471445.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.jVxbc3#detail
>>
>>9194217
Wow! Thanks for the super informative post!

Is there any good way of getting in contact with Tao sellers for more pictures?

Also I assume that's in Yuan or RMB correct?
>>
>>9194217
Is there a downside or risk to wearing circle lenses all the time?
>>
>>9194222
I've asked for more pictures/details and stuff through my SS before (TBT). Depends on which one you use.
Yes, it's in Yuan/RMB. Most SS will take care of the conversion for you on their site.

>>9194223
"You aren't supposed to wear them all the time because they aren't designed to be as durable as the kinds of contacts that are" - is what I've read everywhere so let's just go with that. My eyes start aching a bit after having them in for 6+ hours. I'd recommend rewetting drops. If you don't normally wear contacts, be sure to get your stuff checked and prescribed by a legit eye professional.
>>
>>9187263
it is, and because its bodyline's nicest dress it'll run you about $60. I've gotten secondhand brand for cheaper
>>
>>9194251
On the note of getting circle lenses. I have an optomologist, and I know my numbers for eyes, but I don't need prescription lenses. I have never worn lenses before, so I am unsure if I would need to see him to get fitted for lenses as I don't know my pupil dimensions and iris dimensions.
>>
>>9194326
No no, for lenses you need the base curve.
>>
>>9194348
Ahh. So the glasses measurements of +/- a certain number won't do then?
>>
>>9194453
No. Base curve measures how round your eyeballs are, basically. Just ask to get fitted for contact lenses.
>>
>height: 5'5
>weight: 128!!
>age: 22
>bust: 36
>waist: 26
>hips: 36

So excited for this kotori cosplay *u*
>>
>>9194348
circle lenses come in stock sizes, so there's no point seeing your optician unless you're going to drop several hundred dollars on custom made lenses
>>
>>9194223
circle lenses are made in china/korea as a fashion item, the materials and design aren't oxygen permeable so it's not healthy to wear them for more than a few hours or you'll get hypoxia>vascularization>blindness
>>
>>9194702
You sure? A lot of the ones I am looking for online show diameter, which i dont know.
>>
>>9194702
Don't give advice when you don't know jack.
>>
>>9194223
I've worn circle lenses for full days at con and had no problem but I normally wear contacts daily anyway. As long as you already know how to wear and take care of them you should be fine.
>>
>>9194453
They didn't tell me I had astigmatism until I got fitted for contacts which meant I had to use lenses that weren't perfectly round/standard.
Be safe, get fitted for contacts properly. Chances are it won't even cost you anything but your time.
>>
>>9194790
Now what websites would you recommend to use? It's kind of an amber-ish round lens I would need. And do you just ask the optomologist for your specs? I do have a slight astigmatism in one of my eyes.
>>
>>9194783
diameter is just how much enlargement you want, e.g. a sclera lens will be like 20mm or something

>>9194786
if you know somewhere I can buy circle lenses that are sized to my measurements, please let me know
>>
>>9194838
>if you know somewhere I can buy circle lenses that are sized to my measurements, please let me know
Eyes aren't that peculiar, base curve is pretty much the only measurement you need (unless you have astigmatism, but even then, that's more about prescription in general and applies to glasses as well)
>>
>>9194548
That looks really good! Are you intending to add a pannier?
>>
>>9194869
Thankss!! And yes, definitely wearing a petti on the day of!

>tfw you took selfies but they all look horrd because you forgot to wear a wig cap at 3 am
>>
>>9194842
yeah I was saying the bc for all the lenses you can buy is just 8.6, there's nothing you need to get measured for
>>
>>9195196
Last I checked the prescription strength on my contacts was actually different from my glasses. Also astigmatism. Some eyes may just not work with contacts as well.

>>9194804
I've used both Pinky Paradise and Ohmylens. Not sure how PP is doing these days, but my last pair was from Ohmylens and it's been doing good work for me as of late.
>>
>>9178113
fair warning, i do weightlifting, am grill
>height
5'5
>weight
>age
>overbust
>underbust
>waist
>hips
>>
>>9178113
>>9196039
>>Also for further reference by >>9171667:
>>>Post your stats you qts!
>>>height
>6' 1
>>>weight
>127 lbs
>>>age
>19
>>>overbust
>>>underbust
>My chest is 36.5"
>>>waist
>28"
>>>hips
>34"
I'm a very slender male with pale skin and freckles. Also, I've never crossplayed before, and never had the guts to take a picture of me crossdressing.
>>
>>9196042
lmao fattychan
>>
first time considering do a cross-play.
constantly working out and slimming to match body type.
any recommendations for eye lashes, make-up to appear close to saber
>>
File: rem~.jpg (585KB, 600x968px) Image search: [Google]
rem~.jpg
585KB, 600x968px
>height: 5'5
>weight: 108
>age: 19
>bust: 35
>waist: 28
>hips: ~30
Any tips on crossplaying rem also whats the best place to get a good maid outfit?? I'm not too sure on how to do the hair thing with the string and bow/flower I might skip it if I cant figure it out.
>>
>>9197043
amazon.co.jp
>>
>>9195196
No, you idiot, you still need to get measured because what if your eyes aren't the standard 8.6? You could risk damaging your eyes permanently. Lenses of different BCs exist (I don't know which website you're looking at that doesn't have 8.4/8.5/8.7), they're just not common.

Also you might have astigmatism, which is when your eyeball isn't perfectly round. You probably would need toric lenses in that case.
>>
>>9197043
please don't buy "a maid outfit" to cosplay rem I will cut you if I see you
>>
>>9197252
yeah i dunno, pinkyparadise, honeycolor etc. all the shops I buy from don't have bc options also you won't damage your eye from that lmao

and toric circle lenses aren't worth buying imo, 3x the price, they won't fit right anyway and the size/designs are limited. basically if your eyes don't fit the stock lenses you just have to suck it up if you wanna wear the nice designs
>>
File: 5716157.png (18KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
5716157.png
18KB, 259x224px
>>9197307
>all the shops I buy from don't have bc options also you won't damage your eye from that lmao
No. Wearing contacts with BCs that are far different from your prescribed BC can cause permanent damage to your eyes. Just because the shops you buy from don't have BC options doesn't mean that you should just wear them anyways. Those lenses all have specific BCs which need to be taken into account when purchasing them.

>and toric circle lenses aren't worth buying imo, 3x the price, they won't fit right anyway and the size/designs are limited
I wear toric lenses and they work just fine albeit having color/design limitations.

>basically if your eyes don't fit the stock lenses you just have to suck it up if you wanna wear the nice designs
"Sucking it up" just to wear the nice designs is really, really stupid Do not give this kind of advice to anyone. They can potentially cause permanent damage to their eyes.
>>
>>9197307
>and toric circle lenses aren't worth buying imo, 3x the price, they won't fit right anyway and the size/designs are limited
They are if you have astigmatism, because regular lenses would do even more damage.

I'm not sure where you got all this midguided info but you really need to lurk in the Circle Lens threads more.
>>
>>9197760
>>9197761
what the heck do you mean by damage?? I really don't think you understand what you're afraid of
>>
>>9197940
I want to ask if you're stupid, but I don't think I'll need to. It's up to you to harm yourself, but please refrain from giving bad advice to others.
>>
>>9197302
Then what would you rather I do? I mean do you want me to like make one from the ground up?
>>
>>9198156
I think anon's concern was you getting a generic maid costume to pass off as her costume. Her design is really popular so commisioning an exact replica is pretty much the same amount of effort as getting a generic maid dress
>>
>>9198365
You'd definitely look good in makeup! 6ft isn't terrible desu. Might even work to your advantage if you dress to show it off
>>
>>9198365
>17
get out
>>
>>9197043
where to find a wig to cosplay her?

i'm a different anon btw
>>
>>9199423
Anywhere that sells cosplay wigs (Ebay, AliExpress, Arda, Epic, fuck even Amazon probably)
A short blue wig is easy to find.
>>
>>9197940
>>9198383
>what is google
Cornea scratches are the most common damage you'd get, which causes anything from discomfort to fucking up your vision.
>>
>>9198156
>>9198266
Not the anon but other thing is that a generic maid outfit is going to be made to a girl and nothing can promise it will look good on you
>>
>>9178713
You look like my female cousin when she she isnt cosplaying as a boy. 100% would bang you but.
>>
I purchased a zip front binder (not the cool mesh one, the other one) from lesloveboat recently, because I was tired of pulling my binder on over my head and messing up my makeup, I could review it when it arrives if anyone is interested
>>
>>9201325
I'll be interested to hear how it is, and if the zipper starts digging in after a while.

Also, any sufficiently stretchy binder can be put on by stepping through the neck hole and pulling it up over your hips (there are videos that explain it better than I can). Voila, makeup intact!
>>
>>9201355
I'm thin (5'7" and 110lbs) have a big ass because I carry all my weight there, it's not really a viable option for me (I've tried it, the only one I can do it with is the Underworks swim binder because it's only two layers) . The binder I normally use is Underworks tri-top
>>
File: CbslVzwUsAAUI6v.jpg (64KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
CbslVzwUsAAUI6v.jpg
64KB, 960x544px
>height
6'0
>weight
>age
>overbust
42"
>underbust
39"
>waist
34"
>hips
40"

>you will only ever be able to do ironically swole cosplay
>you will never pass

I'm not gay or trans I just wanna pretend to be a girl and be believable. It's the ultimate ruse. I'd be lying if I weren't a little turned on by it tho.

Maybe I can just do a big ol' bitch like Nagato or Iowa.
>>
>>9201293
You want to bang your cousin?
>>
File: 20160831_160932.jpg (875KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20160831_160932.jpg
875KB, 1944x2592px
So I'm cosplaying Jacket, I'm a shortass (5.2) and I'm trying to find lightblue jeans to dye to the aqua colour but I'm finding it impossible to find straight-cut jeans in my size. It's all skinny/slim that looks wrong.
Size 26/28 in mens jeans seem to work but can't find any light-blue that are regular-cut in that size...

Where the hell can I find non-skinny/slim jeans in manlet sizes?

pic related, place-holder jeans.
>>
height
5'7
>weight
>age
>overbust
40"
>underbust
38"
>waist
38"
>hips
40"

I may have measured wrong but I'm still trying to get the hang of this. Anyway how can I improve? I've recently ordered a wig since I finally saved up enough so that will improve soon. I thought I did okay for the first time but I keep getting rude comments through Facebook. If I worked on my make up do you think I could pass?
>>
>>9202175
Try looking into stores that sell clothes for short men and children's wear. Depending on your hip measurement, you should be able to fit boy's 14 stuff and those pants are usually cut shorter.
>>
>>9202175
Where did you get the mask from? Or did you diy?
>>
>>9202175
Look at women's sections?
>>
>>9182760
I feel you man, I'm losing too, but it never seems fast enough. I try never to show my hips in photos if I can help it, for now at least.

>height
5'3"
>weight
>age
>overbust
>underbust
>waist
>hips
>>
>>9202338
Wow how did you even let yourself get that big. Congrats on working to get it off but I wouldn't go in front of public if I was you until I was down to at least 130lbs. When you get to 120lbs crossplay should be easy.
>>
>>9202194
Lose weight.
Get a wig
Get better at shaving or learn to cover it properly
Much more work in the makeup
Can't really see your face too well but if you do all that you should be ok
>>
>>9202758
where are you from? is it customary to be an asshole there?
>>
>>9202940
4chan, and yes
>>
File: 1462941296135.jpg (96KB, 640x618px) Image search: [Google]
1462941296135.jpg
96KB, 640x618px
>>9178113
>>height
5'10

>>weight
I'm not sure anymore but in the 130lbs range

>>age

>>overbust
36"

>>underbust
34"

>>waist
32"

>>hips
34"

I'm not sure these are entirely accurate. I guesstimated using rigid measuring tape.

I really wanna get into crossplaying but I'm fucking afraid.
>>
Height 5'8
Weight 133
Age 18
Overbust 34"
Underbust 32"
Waist 25.5"
Hips 35"

Could I make it?
>>
>>9202976
desu i think fat people are more likely to get confused for the other gender than thin people. You can't tell their bone structures and they all have boobs
>>
hey, so I'm ftm and I've been trying to do my makeup both for cosplay as well as every day to help me pass better. All the tutorials I've seen have mentioned shadowing around the cheekbones as an important point, but I already have really high, defined cheekbones. Personally, I feel that it doesn't actually make me look masculine at all, but idk what to do about it. Is there anyone here good at ftm makeup that could help with a contouring guide for my face shape if I post a pic of myself, or better yet, offer some advice if I post an example of what I'm doing currently?
>>
>>9203143
contour away your jawline maybe? and definitely make sure you get your eyebrows threaded in a feminine way. It's mainly the jawline and eyebrows that give away men's faces.
>>
>>9203143
shit wait sorry i read that wrong...
>>
>>9203143
I've found that doing a steeper contour helps (ie. instead of shading more horizontally like somewhat towards the tip of your nose, shade more vertically like towards the corners of your mouth). It makes your face appear longer and more masculine, rather than rounder and softer.
Also contour your jaw, and do straighter brows.
>>
>>9203166
>I've found that doing a steeper contour helps (ie. instead of shading more horizontally like somewhat towards the tip of your nose, shade more vertically like towards the corners of your mouth). It makes your face appear longer and more masculine, rather than rounder and softer.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! I guess my face does this somewhat naturally, because it doesn't actually make me look any more masculine when I do this kind of cheek contouring.

how far up to your chin should a good jaw contour go?
>>
>>9203109
Not trying to troll here, but why is everyone so focused on body dimensions? People of different sizes cosplay- isn't successful crossplay about making yourself look handsome/cute/sexy/masculine/feminine?
>>
>>9194204
I'm going for the same character for a con in November.
Ordered a pre-made from a chinese seller on ebay because I couldn't be bothered, we'll see what changes will have to be made.
If you'd like, I can take some photos of it later?

Also, for contacts I ordered "Dolly Eye Brown" from honeycolor. The lighter ones, as there are apparently two with identical names.
If you want me to do a review of these too, you'll have to wait two or three weeks though.

Turns our getting good looking ears and tail in a color that matches the wig is kinda hard (if you're picky). I'm considering tailoring some myself now.
>>
>>9203175
>how far up to your chin should a good jaw contour go?
I usually go only about halfway down my jaw, blending it out obviously.
Pretty much once your head disconnects from your neck, it's going to look weird so blend a lot and go light.

>>9203327
Different shapes have to focus on different things when they crossplay. I have narrow hips, so cosplaying males is not a problem for me, but my friend has really wide hips, so she has to avoid certain types of clothes when crossplaying, otherwise either she's a dude with huge hips (ie. not passing) or appears fat.
>>
>>9202758
Tell me something I don't tell myself every day. Also it'd be nice if I at least got fat in my tits, but apparently god hates me as much as you do, too :) Don't worry, I'll continue to starve myself to perfection so I'll live up to everyone's criticism here.

Realistically speaking, I was just being honest in my answers about the poll. I'm under no delusions about passing until I lose this weight.
>>
>>9183396
I have a Braun silk epil 9 and love it. It's pricy though
>>
>>9203631
Oh thank you for the response! Since making that post I actually bought the Emjoi emagine
>>
>>9203143
I've found that contouring my brow and drawing my eyebrows slightly closer together (not a unibrow obviously but you know what I mean) is the thing that makes the difference in my crossplay makeup. Jawline and cheekbones help too, but the forehead/brow area is one of the biggest differences imo-- it's one of the ways forensic pathologists determine the sex of a skull.
>>
>>9203506
That makes sense. But why stop with those measurements? Body shape includes shoulder width, inseam, and how far your waist is above your navel... all of those affect which types of clothes look good on you.

Plus there's padding for guys and binding for girls- do these numbers include that?

And most people aren't saying if they're crossplaying MtF or FtM... so how do you know if those numbers are good or bad? Or is the idea that if they're close together you're androgynous enough that you could crossplay whether you're a girl or guy?
>>
>>9203327
>>9204014
Male crossdressers need these dimensions in order to buy women's clothing in the right size... that's all there is to it.

Other types of measurements aren't used for sizing women's clothes, at least not on any of the online shops I use. You can't factor in shapewear by default because whether it can be used depends on the cosplay. And I guess the female crossplayers wanted to participate in the survey, too? The thread's pretty dead otherwise.
>>
>>9203109
>>9204177
So is there anyway to tell if I would look good in something without buying it then?
I've never done cosplay or crossplay, but I think it would be a neat thing to do
>>
File: 1463288669096.png (180KB, 450x571px) Image search: [Google]
1463288669096.png
180KB, 450x571px
>Age
>Height
173cm | 5'8''(?)
>Weight
64kg | 140lbs
>Sizes
36/30/35

Even though my numbers look 'good', like someone said some posts ago, it ignores several factors.
Like how my navel is so close to my hips I need to make my pants ride as low as humanly possible to avoid looking like shit.
Or how my ribcage keeps getting wider as you go lower instead of getting smaller, to the point where my underbust is the same as my bust, if not a bit bigger.

I feel like another important measure that's being ignored is shoulder width, that's also pretty decisive.
>>
>>9201355
Okay so the binder arrived and I got the wrong size. I was right on the upper end of the range for size small so I thought it would fit (I'm on the upper side of small for Underworks too and their size small fits me fine) but my breasts are really firm and it's sitting weird so I have to exchange it for the next size up.
So my review will be delayed
>>
>>9204346
Yeah, from my own limited experience, it's basically a little trial-and-error. Cosplayers who can sew have the advantage here. They can just tailor stuff to custom-fit themselves.

I dunno if you have reason to worry, though. 25.5" waist is really skinny if you're a guy. That post is one of the ones I assumed was from a genetic girl.
>>
File: tmp_14693-Profesor_Oak231207561.png (532KB, 600x1100px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14693-Profesor_Oak231207561.png
532KB, 600x1100px
People should add if they are a boy or a girl with their measures to avoid confusion
>>
I'm pretty new to all of this, but I was wondering, what is the best way to deal with terrible penis sweat? Especially when it comes to wearing multiple layers (i.e. leggings, undergarments and booty shorts)
>>
File: IMG_1490new.jpg (173KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1490new.jpg
173KB, 960x1280px
>>9205751
I'm >>9178713 MtF, are my shoulders broad? /lgbt/ tells me I have a masculine looking body

bwh measurements are 32/27/35

Are there any fashion tricks to make my body seem more feminine?
>>
>>9206230

Anything that puts the focus on your chest vs waist vs hips is going to make your shoulders seem smaller. They aren't, but people will notice them less. So cinching with skirts that flare out work well. As do blazers and dress shirts that are cut in an hour glass way. Blazers especially, if you have natural shoulders (that means NO or VERY SMALL shoulder pads, you can often ask a tailor to remove them if necessary), with a wider bottom but a thinner area around the buttons (you can also look at moving the buttons outward, but you can't go too far or it ruins the symmetry with the button holes) to cinch further. I have an upside down triangle body type myself, and you look less masculine than I do. I got my mother's wide shoulders but NOT her wide hips to match, so I have to work to always emphasise my skinny waist, the flare of my hip area, and deemphasise my shoulders. It works well enough that I'm rarely misgendered, although people (correctly) assume I'm a lesbian strictly because of my shape. *eye roll* But I'm a tomboy femme, not a butch anyway, so...

Technically speaking though, if you identify as female, you're not crossplaying as a female character. :D
>>
>>9205836
I've heard baby powder or corn starch works for that?
>>
>>9206230
anon ur a qt
>>
>>9206230
If you're looking for crossplay advice, I'd say pad your hips out to help create more of an hourglass look.

If you're looking for transgender passing tips I think >>9206275 's advice is solid.

PS: I really don't think your shoulders look all that wide for your height.
>>
>>9206495

Incidentally, >>9206275 here, this is why I don't wear pants suits or try to pull off the "woman in a suit" look. I end up looking like a man. Completely. Because without broad hips, pants suits/suits in general completely hide my curves. I have curves, but they HAVE to be hugged or they aren't visible. So blazer and tie only EVER with a skirt. Otherwise, I look like I'm crossplaying some sort of 18th century military character or something with my pony tail and femme-ish but still kind of masculine features.

I actually just generally don't wear a lot of pants/jeans etc in general, unless they are hip-hugging and with some kind of curved top which screams TINY WAIST! TINY WAIST! and HEY, YEAH, THERE ARE BOOBS HERE. And so on...
>>
>>9178713
I know this is hugbox hour and all but you really have man face.
>>
>>9206837
>crossplay thread
>manface
>>
>>9206840
>asking question about being feminine
>looks like a man
I mean you can't change bone structure so there's not much to do.
>>
>>9178866
Definitely eyes, nose and shoulder to hip ratio give you more 'boy' than 'girl' right now. Luckily your jaw and cheekbones aren't too harsh at the moment which is what most people struggle with. You need to get some contour on dat nose, groom your brows, and look up 'makeup for deep set eyes' (not evening makeup, but a 'day' makeup in shades of brown which is basically like contour for your eyes)
If you're looking to pass in general life, I've definitely had tall, biologically female friends mention that they are less mistaken for guys when they have a push up bra on/obvious boobs + something that emphasizes their waist-hip ratio rather than jeans and a t-shirt which will just emphasize your boy hips and shoulders. In terms of what you'd need right now, boob and hip padding would be it - if you are at all exercise inclined, squats, lunges, glute exercises will be good for building up some muscle in the butt/thigh area which generally gives the illusion of more feminine hips.
>>
>height
5'5
>weight
>age
>overbust
32"
>underbust
30"
>waist
27"
>hips
41"

I crossplay FtM, but I've noticed that my lower body (hips/ass) is a huge fucking give away. I've heard about shapewear, how good is it? Is there anything I should specifically look out for or any additional tips? It depresses me when I see full body pics and I have the most womanly rounded hips.

Thankful for the smaller size titties though, binding is easy as piss
>>
>>9206837
How so? Any tips to make it look more feminine?
>>
>>9178113
>height
6'5" (195cm)
>weight
decent, though not perfect

the rest doesn't matter anyway as the height kills my chances before i even start
>>
File: CGD2-76868.jpg (33KB, 592x349px) Image search: [Google]
CGD2-76868.jpg
33KB, 592x349px
So after my last convention (and some minor nudging from friends) I'm gonna try crossplaying
I think that's the term anyway.

So I'm going to go to my next major convention as shimakaze.

Thats a tall order. and I obviously want to pull it off.

At first I figured the FemGen on /lgbt/ would have an idea about I can go about becoming passable enough for it to work.

That was a mistake, because apparently their solution was taking a pharmacy worth of drugs for months.

Im hoping /cgl/ can help.
>>
>>9206837

>>9206842
>>9206875

Holy shit, guys. If you think that's a man face, there's a whole lot of cisgender women you're going to misgender. That's ridiculous.
>>
>>9207431
Post your stats, or your face/body if you're comfortable with that.
>>
>>9207431

You went into /lgbT/ and you were surprised they told you to go on hormone replacement therapy to become passable? Uh... Yeah, because that's what trans women generally do. They go on HRT, because the results are usually positive and in some cases dramatic. But it's not for people who aren't actually trans. o.o
>>
>>9207435
how much of face/ body am i allowed to post?
id assume for proper measurements id need like to be a nude as possible.
>>
>>9207439
You could just give us measurements, but photos would give us a better idea of what you're working with. This is a blue board so just no genitalia.
Also relevant measurements are:
>height
>shoulder width
>bust
>underbust
>waist
>hips
>shoe size
>>
File: 20161003_030542.jpg (3MB, 2121x3771px) Image search: [Google]
20161003_030542.jpg
3MB, 2121x3771px
>>9207445
Front shot
>>
File: 20161003_030810.jpg (3MB, 2121x3771px) Image search: [Google]
20161003_030810.jpg
3MB, 2121x3771px
>>9207445
And side shot. These good enough?
I edited out my face because I'm just iffy about posting my face on 4chan.
>>
>>9207453
Just from the pictures you can pull off the upper-half no problem.
you just need to slim down abit more around your stomach and workout that butt.
No one likes a flat ass....
don't forget to wax or shave body hair.
>>
>>9178113
>height
5'3
>weight
130 lbs
>age
>overbust
87 cm
>underbust
80 cm
>waist
75 cm
>hips
97 cm

Ack I could actually crossplay if I wasn't so darn fat (yes I'm a 5'3" male my parents are short.)
>>
>>9207489
How does one go about doing...that.
>>
>>9207778
Seriously? Barbell glute bridges. Cable kick backs. Donkey kicks with weight around your ankles. Don't work out your stomach or you'll just thicken your waist with muscle
>>
File: 1448065524848.png (144KB, 283x349px) Image search: [Google]
1448065524848.png
144KB, 283x349px
>tfw brown skinned latino
>Crossplay options are extremely limited despite there being tons of characters I'd like to dress-up ass but I wouldn't even close to looking like putting aside the factor that I'm a man in first place
Feels bad man.

At least I can do a dark elf of gyaru. That's something, right?
>>
>>9207810
So I get rid of the stomach fat by..not working out my stomach and doing the things you mentioned?

Yes seriously. I know absolutely nothing about this kinda thing. I was blessed with a great metabolism so I never bothered.
>>
>>9208068
I think you can get away with doing characters with dark hair. Obviously you won't be a 3D-version of the character but it doesn't look bad if you do everything else right.
>>
>>9208068
Hope you find a cute Tensai for your Hoshino Daruku cosplay anon!
>>
>>9208127

Different anon, but yes. Work your thigh and butt muscles. This will strip the fat from your waist and give the illusion of wider hips.
>>
>>9208182
>tfw 5"9
I'm too tall to be a good Daruku.

Plus, Daruku is not really that recognizable. I'd just end up being a generic maid for 99% of people.

[spoiler]You aren't the first person who has suggested that, a few internet friends who know I like crossdressing have even told me they picture me as Daruku in their heads.[/spoiler]
>>
>>9208248
I found this online. How much of it is true and how much is bullshit??
>>
File: hip pads.jpg (2MB, 2341x3596px) Image search: [Google]
hip pads.jpg
2MB, 2341x3596px
>>9208311
If you aren't trans and planning on transitioning, you may as well use body shaping stuff instead. It's instant, looks pretty good, and has no commitment. This is of course assuming your costume will allow for it.
Hip/butt bads can be purchased or made at home. Shapewear can be had online
>>
>>9208127
yes, you can't "target" areas with fat by working them out. Just work on making your ass more muscular by doing exercise that hyperextend your thigh with weight. maybe posting in /fit/ might help
>>
>>9208311
soy products definitely increase estrogen levels. weight training can be good if it's targeting areas that you want to get more "curvy", basically the ass (which most of those exercised target). I wouldn't say that only taking 5 min a day would yield very good results, though. dont work out your arms if you're going for full crossplay, though. no idea about the other stuff.
>>
>>9208318
i don't see how shapewear altered that person's pubic arch to get wider. Photoshop?
>>
File: 1424236362831.png (3MB, 1432x2164px) Image search: [Google]
1424236362831.png
3MB, 1432x2164px
>>9208311
The only good information about these guides is the workouts and even those are just barely half-decent.

Pretty much the enterity of the diet and supplements sections are bullshit. You are practically just doing hormones lite by following the advice on them. Might as well go for full-on hrt for actual real effects for not even half as much effort as following the crap the guide tells you to do.
>>
>>9208337
>Bigger thighs
>More places for the underwear to snug tighter and go higher
>???
>Profit
>>
>>9208339
Yeah there's like 6 layers of pantyhose there. It definitely snugs your package right up. *almost* don't even need to tuck
>>
File: IMG_1611 - Copy.jpg (449KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1611 - Copy.jpg
449KB, 3264x2448px
>>9206495
>>9206532
Would it be worth it to pad my hips or should I just try to dress to make my shoulders look smaller?
>>
>>9208338
soy actually does increase estrogen levels, though. I don't know if it would be that noticeable but it's definitely worth a shot. Although at that point you might as well just get estrogen supplements.

>>9208339
lol.....no, shapewear can't change your skeleton and give you a "thigh gap" if your pubic arch is male and narrow. Those are either two different people or it's shopped.
>>
>>9208346
I'd say wear something on your chest to give it some shape, but I think you could really pass well otherwise. Hard to tell what your hips look like with those baggy pants tho.
>>
>>9208348
>Those are either two different people or it's shopped.
I'll take that as a compliment. The pads are probably overkill and they make everything alot tighter. It's not that they increase the gap but everything cuts into the muscle and fat a bit more creating the illusion of a gap
>>
>>9208362
Oh dear, is that you? Got any more pics?
>>
>>9208362
Oh I see, I thought you meant the corset alone.
>>
>>9178195
>6'1

thats a spicy meatball
>>
>>9208365
none that are very spectacular or appropriate for a blue board

>>9208367
oh yeah no. a corset can make a nice fluid transition from hip pads to chest/shoulders to make a more exaggerated feminine figure
>>
>>9208276
5'9 isn't too tall for Daruku. Maybe not exact to the measurements of the character if they exist, but height will be the least of your worries.
>>
>>9207431
/fem/gen is for reportedly-cis guys who generally take hormones. try the trans help thread/pastebin.

and for the love of god, don't come in yelling "I'm a cis man but just want to crossplay"- /lgbt/ already has enough cisstraights telling themselves so. just ask for help and say that life circumstances prevent you from being on HRT.

good luck~
>>
>>9208311
What i found to be the most useful workout for slimming is to run a mile then work on thighs and butt. Then run another mile and more body workout. You can start with 1 set of that routine, then add more as you body develops.
After 1 month i saw a small difference into the girly body type, but the main thing i felt was the lean muscle on my lower half.
This is gonna take time, i would give it about 3-4 months if you're serious.
ALSO try to drink a gallon of water throughout the day. helps with acne and overall body fat.

best recommendation i can give for slimming and working on that physique.
>>
>>9209935
>ALSO try to drink a gallon of water throughout the day
There is no reason to do this. As long as you stay hydrated, there isn't a specific amount of water you need to drink to be healthy.
>>
File: 20161005_012800_HDR.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161005_012800_HDR.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
So my Halloween outfit just came in <3
>>
>>9209935
Later this week I'll post a blog thing on my progress.
I have a little over a year.

And I'm definitely willing to take advice and change things throughout. I feel this will be a great experience/experiment.

I'm the same guy who posted
>>9207431
>>
>height
5'9.5
>weight
>age
>overbust
>underbust
>waist
>hips

i feel like i could pull of men okay, but my waist is the smallest its been ever and when i wear a binder i feel a lot fatter trying to make that lean flat shape to my hip width.
>>
>>9211857
What are you padding your waist up to? You only really need to go up to 27-28 just adding to your sides. I'm a guy with 35/27/35 b/w/h. and don't forget to re-pad your chest and add shoulder pads if you haven't already.
>>
How can I cosplay a dude when I am a female that looks and has the body shape of a child?
>>
>>9211897
cosplay an anime dude
>>
>>9211897
Cosplay a shota
>>
>>9211867
my chest sits so much even with a binder on that it feels like i've got a sports bra instead even in a loose t shirt. when i pad the waist to try and match up to the push out on the chest i look like i gained a fupa. it looks off to me and i feel like it should be obvious how to fix it but i don't know ahaha
>>
As a guy, whats the bare minimum I need to buy to pass for makeup? I don't want to be recognized as a dude so easily
>>
>>9212468
you need to walk into sephora and ask for help, there's no way around it
>>
>>9211897
cosplay children
>>
>>9212468
You need red lipstick for the 5oclock shadow, some foundation (fluid) and powder (take off the shine) and to watch some youtube videos
>>
File: this taste its of a lolicon.jpg (55KB, 341x547px) Image search: [Google]
this taste its of a lolicon.jpg
55KB, 341x547px
Can a guy who's 6'0 and muscular buy a shimakaze outfit and tailor it to fit, or am I gonna have to make it myself?
>>
File: image1.jpg (172KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
172KB, 900x1200px
I'm doing Wednesday Addams for Halloween.
Still need to get some goth-ish makeup going.
Are the boots ok?
Criticisms?
>>
>>9213101
looks qtaf
>>
>>9213101
what is your height and weight

You look adorable and I'm jelly
>>
>>9213308
5'6"
130ish pounds
hip pads help my shoulders look less wide
>>
>>9213101
On body alone definitely passable.
nice job with the padding.
let's see that face for the final judgement
>>
>>9212787
Like mtf specific make up videos or just make up videos in general?
>>
File: 1412845071547.gif (2MB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1412845071547.gif
2MB, 340x340px
>tfw 186cm 75kg and built like a giant fucking rectangle
>tfw will never crossplay
>>
>>9208068
Rally Vincent is delicious brown
>>
>>9213925
Just do one of those ironic 2hu cosplays.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.