[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "We'll have our own afterparty, with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 23

Previous Thread: >>9160585

Previously, on Dutch Thread:
>Abunai: it's so hot!
>Dark game room, bright edit.
>"I saw a trap!"
>Hotel room sweeps at 1am
>OP is not a femanon?!
>A CaliAnon is moving to Middelburg
>Deshima Creep
>Deshima afterparty where?
>Room B124, be there!
>RIP AMV compo
>Actual Abunai pics (see second post for a list)
>GamePit Coup part 2: Electric Boogaloo
>ACC happened
>Columbine Shooters Cosplay
>The DCC organiser died
>Deshima VS AbuDisco: Stop liking what I don't like!
>"Let It Go..." cringe
>Miraculous Ladybug duo won the Saturday CAC
>Penis bulge Overwatch cosplayer. Bulge removed from OP image, you're welcome my fellow MenAnons.
>Got any Abunai 2017 ideas and sugegstions? Mail them to [email protected]

Convention news:
>Abunai 2017 will be August 25th - 27th, and ACC the 5th & 6th of August according to Anon.

Next five /cgl/ related events:
>Elfia (September 24rd & 25th, Arcen LB) is an outdoor medieval/fantasy convention. The programming is still in the making so there's not a lot I can really say about it yet.
>Tomofair (October 1st & 2nd, Nijmegen GLD) is a cheap small fair with anime, manga and other J-culture relevant items. Just keep your expectations low and you might find yourself having a fun day.
>First Look (October 7th - 9th, Utrecht) is a gaming convention in the Jaarbeurs. They have a cosplay compo where judges mocked contestants last year.
>Nishicon (October 7th - 9th, Almelo OV) is an anime convention which for the first time will be 3 days long.
>Imagicon (October 15th, Ede GLD) is a Cosplay, Sci-Fi, Horror and Fantasy con. They also have a cosplay compo.
Full Dutch convention agenda: http://pastebin.com/QaZ23aUA If there are any cons missing form the list, make sure to post it in the thread so I can add them.

Mandatory post-con strawpoll: How were Abunai and ACC? http://www.strawpoll.me/11115086
>>
File: overwhy.jpg (178KB, 408x571px) Image search: [Google]
overwhy.jpg
178KB, 408x571px
Links to Abunai pictures and videos that were posted in the previous thread:

>Anon's phone pictures
https://picsurge.com/g/mn3NvQ

>Anon's Deshima Souns Undertale video
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o7qxgbhgyinvht8/20160828_011353.mp4?dl=0

>Another Anon's list of albums. Replace (fb) with facebook url, (yt) with youtube etc.
Overwatch shoot: (fb) RoarandClank/photos/?tab=album&album_id=285582295156120
Photographer, more shots to come soon: (fb) /JeroenWeimarPhotography/?fref=ts
Profile photographer, more shots to come: (fb) /Kaleidoscopy/?fref=ts
Yet another photographerâ„¢: (fb) /deschuurr/?fref=ts
And again, a photographer with a lot os shots already uploaded: (flickr) /photos/74914903@N07/albums/72157669850500264/page2
But wait, there's more! Also he isn;t afraid to order random people to assist during shoots (fb) /kees.stravers
DNStje's impression video is probably coming soon: (YT) /user/dnstje
And another video will be probably be posted at: (YT) /user/HollandianGProds

Links to ACC pics:
>Nobody posted any yet ;,;

Got any more pictures, links or what not? Just dump or post them in the thread for all to enjoy
>>
>>9164815
Aw man I was wondering how a normal image made the cut for OP image but then I noticed smol tully, never change OPanon.
>>
>>9164826
Yeah, I already had a layered version of that picture from my "quick fix" posted at >>9164247. I figured I might as well replace Nic Cage with Tully and use it for the OP, especially with how fast the post-con threads tend to go.
>>
>>9164826
*agrees*
>>
>>9164808
The lolita?
>Did not see the auto sage
>>
>>9163809 #
I had the exact same experience as you had, even a mask that made it hard to navigate.
But I'm not bothered at all with the fact that comic cons are basically markets.

>Also didn't see the auto-sage
>>
hey guys,

I saw a misaka & touma cosplay at amsterdam comic con but was too late to ask them for a picture.
Does someone have a picture of them and is willing to share it here? they looked spot-on from a distance so I was wondering of they were really good if I saw them up close
>>
>>9164955
I think anon means me...
I was Belle but not the only winner. Sqinny Cosplay also won the walk-on
>>9164808
Not this desperate or an attention whore and I think I know who you are... don't know why I'd ask this if I competed myself. I even put here that I was too busy after the masquerade to go to the meet. But its ok, 4chan is known for thinking that it's a certain person commenting about themselves, the reason I'm not coming for you like those fb knights do.
>>
>>9164985
Have you tried looking at the many albums shared on the ACC event page? I can't be arsed Go through them to find two characters I had to google...
>>
(Rant) Im getting so tired of the:
does anyone have pictures of me desu?.
Im a dweeb and forgot to take pictures for myself desu...
Im such an amazing cosplayer everyone must look for pictures of me desu....
F!@# off go look for you own shit. Didnt take pictures of yourself or were too dumb to ask the name of that one photographer that foun you interesting; bad luck.
Stop filling my timeline with that shit!!!
>>
>>9165047
[spoiler]I haven't but will now[/spoiler] thanks
>>
>>9165063
Oh my God, don't be such a hater! I KNOW people have taken pictures of me, and I KNOW I'm so important everyone will share them with me! You're just mad that people took more pictures of me than if you! /sarcasm

On a side note, I hardly take any pictures at cons because I know there are enough photographers out there. No point in spending a con staring through a viewfinder (or screen) so I can look at some shitty pictures...
>>
Nana is crying about to many meetings and conventions, especially Animecon and Abunai being only 2,5 months apart.
>>
File: 1462513700065.jpg (73KB, 519x533px)
1462513700065.jpg
73KB, 519x533px
>>9165116
>crying about the only two decent ones we have.
>>
>>9165088
Have NO idea who you are and dont give a rats ass either.
Point is CosplayNL, tumblr, aniway and now even 4chan are full of people begging for pictures.
Im already getting tired of the "did anyone take pictures of me in xx cosplay" and 300x variations of this and it starts getting anying.
Bonus: am not a cosplayer and dont give for the drama lama com either.
>>
>>9165063
I'm guilty of this. But it's not because I don't have photos myself but every con a lot of people take pictures with me but I never get them back, which can be really frustrating.
>>
>>9165116
Then don't go to the shitty ones, problem solved. Also this >>9165127
>>
>>9165133
There are always people who take photos at cons but never post them online for some reason. Plus I often feel that the photos that do get posted kinda get lost in all of the requests
>>
>>9165129
What part of "/sarcasm" do you not understand?
>>
Did anyone find the second place choices for the friday compo a bit weird? I mean, both first places definitely deserved it but there were way better entries than that cringy hetalia act and alice.
>>
>>9165158
The alice one was really well put together imho. Her walk on just wasnt that great
>>
>>9165158
>Cringy Hetalia act
That's a pleonasm Anon. Not once have I met a Hetalia cosplayer that wasn't some cringy in character weeb. Let alone an act.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 480x320px
I didnt like her walk on was boring.
>>
>>9165160
for the people who missed this, which alice? so many people cosplay alice these days
>>
>>9165204
The dress when she gets to the queen of hearts in the game (masquerade participant) it looked really good, ill try to find a picture
>>
File: accow.jpg (424KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
accow.jpg
424KB, 2048x1365px
The OW group from ACC was a bit smaller it seems, that mercy and zarya look nice imo. The shoop the photographer did looks dramatic but it's really not doing all their faces any good..
>>
>>9165214
Holy fuck that mei
>>
>>9165187
Salty?
The moving dragon seemed fun.
>>
>>9165214
>Wear pants
>Wear shirt
>Wear glasses
>Put pin in hair

I am Mei.
>>
>>9165214
The shoop on this made all their faces look really dirty. Shame cause it could have been a good picture.
>>
>>9165219
Hi Deveny.
>>
>>9165274
Hi vendetta
>>
>>9165236
need i fucking remind you that it was 30 degrees outside? didnt think so
>>
>>9165277
It's still bad. Looks like she was even too lazy to put on a bra.
>>
>>9165277
That didn't stop the qt Mei from the OP from going the full mile you lil nigga
>>
in other news, firstlook or nishicon?
>>
>>9165277
Sure but none of the other cosplayers made it a problem, heck there's a Mei in the abunai group that does have the full outfit.
>>
>>9165204
>>9165208
Ok this is the only picture I can find for now.
>>
>>9165292
>such nice costume
>zero effort on makeup

why.jpg
>>
>>9165294
this, even if it is just some dark eyepencil or some shit, would have made a big difference
>>
>>9165214
>>9165236
So that's why she is in the shot! Seriously, if I was taking that photo I probably would had told her to step aside as she's standing in the shot of the Overwatch group.
>>
>>9165292
All these Alice:madness returns cosplays are getting overdone..
>>
>>9165324
This.
>>
>>9165047
couldn't find it sadly enough
>>
>>9165286
That's a no-brainer, Nishicon. First Look simply doesn't appeal to me. I'm not desperate enough to wait in line to play demo versions of various games, I don't care about eSports, gaming competitions nor "gamer" hardware (minimalism > in your face gamer appeal), and I'd rather hit stores than some pricy dealer room. Plus I've heard nothing but bad things about their cosplay competition and I can't stand those so called gaming journalists from PU/Gamekings. They stopped being "okay" around the same time The Box went off-air. /pointless rant
>>
>>9165324
Who cares? I saw one on my way to Abunai, and I wasn't bothered by it despite knowing it's popular.
>>
>>9165324
>Alice cosplays are getting overdone
And the dime-a-dozen "game/anime of the season" cosplays aren't?
>>
File: gul.jpg (39KB, 281x283px) Image search: [Google]
gul.jpg
39KB, 281x283px
>>9164842
Talking about mascots, although he's not nearly as good as tully I bought this little seagull at abunai purely bcs of the cgl irony. I'll bring 'm whenever we meet up at a con again.
>>
>>9165329
>Can someone tell me what's wrong with this guy?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBhVp9og2A&feature=youtu.be&t=15m6s
He probably got dropped on the head as a child. Obnoxious teens like him make me long for an 18+ convention...
>>
>>9165367
Cute! You should! I guess I have a Tully plushie to borrow from my sibling if I ever attend one. If I knew how popular Tully would have gotten here, I definitely would have bought all kinds Tully merch at Huis Ten Bosch. Or at least a plushie for myself.
>>
>>9165368
What the fuck
>>
>>9165348
>journalists
did you mean: adults who never grew out of their puberty phase
>>
>>9165368
If that's still a teen, he surely looks old for his age. I think he's in his early twenties? The video is kind of, well, not interesting enough to finish. He should try to somehow keep the interest of the viewer. That's the best advice I can give.
>>
>>9165368
That music Yumi King uses as well in the background
>>
>>9165324
Correction

Alice cosplays who miss 50 % of the beautiful details the game offers on their costumes

The costume of this game are really nice. But most cosplays just ignore all the details OR the make up
>>
>>9165948
Even in the first dress. The thick stitches in the bottom of the dress and the apron! I cosplay her too. Started when the game was announced (played Mcgee's Alice when I was little)

Speaking of which, the endless alice cosplayers whom have no idea there is a prequel to madness returns....

>>9165286
I'm going to firstlook. Didn't like nishicon that much and now I have to travel so insanely long, I'd have to stay 2 days and I don't think that's worth the money. Although I hate gamekings, I do enjoy gaming, so to me Firstlook seems more logical
>>
>>9165348
>Plus I've heard nothing but bad things about their cosplay competition

Yeah the WCS was a total cringefest with a stage similar to ACC last weekend.
>>
Check your fb C
>>
>>9165187
She was really cute when I met her saturday but she looks suffering here.
>>
>>9166037
Does C stand for 'crush' now? Hehe /joking
>>
>>9166037
Jesus christ, contain your thirst.
>>
>>9166123
Would you stop replying to posts not meant for you? It's not even about that, I'm looking to apply as staff for next year and want to make sure my ideas don't overlap her responsibilities.
>>
>>9166127
4chan is not the place to reach out to people that way... also wtf it's 4chan people will reply to whatever the fuck they want
>>
>>9166127
lol
>>
>>9166128
I don't mind the replies themselves, but when someone feels the need to reply to each of my posts to make sure they let me know how much of a dirty old man I am, it makes me think they have a bit of an issue. :^)

Anyway enough of that. Who's going to nishicon? First look VS Nishicon battle incoming?
>>
>>9166136
Still in doubt. Will Nishicon have something with music again? Talking about music: who is going to SCANDAL in the Melkweg, Amsterdam on September 10?
>>
>>9166136
Dude, no offense, but I agree with the criticism. Just freaking wait for her reply without bothering us. That's just attentionwhoring here.
>>
>>9166140
I'm going to SCANDAL, and I can't wait to see them again! Gonna be fun.
>>
>>9166127
You're not leaving a very good impression with this.
>>
>>9165292
Woah, first time seeing someone I know on 4chan.
>>
>>9166156
without people bitching and moaning about it, accomplishment?
>>
>>9166037
I'm on there daily but I don't have any messages or so.

>>9166155
pretty much this... I mean you were nice in person but I'm simply not interested :(
>>
>>9166167
Hi C. I was the one asking about D. Just curious to know if you are who I think you are, if you're a gull.
If you are the C I'm thinking of you know me from TvH.
>>
>Dutch Thread: "Creepy Stalking Seagulls" Edition
>>
>>9166136
Also in doubt. Location of Nishicon is great (and nostalgic) but the convention shit. But I'm also interested if Firstlook has improved on the cosplay part this year.
>>
>>9166176
Do I even want to know you though.

Why tf is everyone going stalker mode on me. Just message me on fb if you know me and want to talk. Worst case scenario you guessed wrong and get a weird look.
>>
>>9166192
>everyone
You mean two anons that keep shitting up this thread by stalking you. The rest of us want them to husshhhhh already.
>>
>>9166192
Dont have FB. But sorry. I'll stop.
>>
>>9166195
yea no you're right, sorry there. I'm not going to respond to this stuff here anymore.
>>
>>9165286
going to FL on saturday but might check out nishi on friday or sunday
>>
File: 20160827_200153.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160827_200153.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Anyone else surprised by how fun and enjoyable the Kamehameha competition was?
I thought it'd be super cringey but it was legitimately fun.

>Dat perfect krillin with the sunglasses
>Dat abunai guy who didn't even know what a Kamehameha was
>Dat double jointed guy
>Dat fusion between the two black bros

Good times.

Cake was good too.
>>
>>9166005
I'm going to cosplay alice as well, not sure which version but I've never played the game
>>
>>9166412
honestly can't stand people cosplaying characters without playing the game/watching the series and thus not knowing shit about the character. I'm sorry but I really really dislike that....
>>
>>9166427
Sucks to be you then.
>>
>>9166427
I don't even understand why people want to do that. If you like a character's costume, why would you not want to spend some time and look into a few things about the character. For all you know, Kirito could be a rapist.
>>
File: Alice_saga_dress.jpg (23KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Alice_saga_dress.jpg
23KB, 240x320px
>>9166412
You should for the Excel dress with a Cheshire Menchi plushie!
>>
>>9166441
Like being a rapist would stop people from cosplaying a character
>>
>>9166427
What is cringey is when people cosplay characters and change their entire persona. There was once a Sora (Kingdom Hearts) cosplayer that acted all tough boi, whilst the actual Sora is nothing like that at all..
>>
>>9166464
Touché
>>
>>9166472
Lol yeah it's dumb when people act in-character all day long.
There was a scrawny Dante (I think) at abunai who kept walking around shirtless thinking he's hot shit.
>>
>>9166441
Sure I've read wiki pages of the game but I can't play the game. Also I shouldn't have to: plenty of popular cosplayers get away with cosplaying league characters without playing the game
>>
>>9166481
Actually what I meant is a little different: this cosplayer acted like a tough boi Sora in a cosplay compo, whilst the real character is nothing like that. We're talking way back in 2006 though. Being character is something I can accept up to a certain level. All day long is tiresome indeed.
>>
>>9166441
exactly this.

>>9166509
least you can do is really watch walk throughs or something. It's just weird to me that people want to cosplay these kind of things without playing them or getting to know the game. Like, if you watch someone play the game, atleast you know what the story is about and what enemies and stages etc etc there are and who the character is, the backstory, her personality.
>>
>>9166569
>Back story
Girls loses her family in fire, believes it was her fault and goes bonkers. Plot twist: her shrink caused the fire after killing Alice's sister and has been gaslighting Alice all along, and he quite possibly has also been sexually abusing her and/or letting others have their way with her. Wonderland is an "OC do not steal" fantasy world she uses to cope with her problems.

>Personality
Bat shit insane. You can call my ex if you want a real world example. Damn that high end of the hot to crazy scale...

>Enemies
Nothing special and fuck EA for forcing Spicy Horse to cut all but one boss and multiple levels. Also that walrus scene was awesome and the dollhouse still makes me feel uneasy.
>>
>>9166592
I wouldn't say her personality is batshit insane to be fairly honest. She's pretty calm and collected until getting confronted with her trauma, even in the real world she stays calm. And she's sarcastic as shit!
>>
Oh god I know one batshit crazy girl, but everyone thinks she's 'so nice' but she's just good at manipulating people.
>>
>>9166640
hi there 4chan bait
spill beans or leave
>>
>>9166640
Me too.
>>
>>9166640
It's only interesting if you drop a name
>>
>>9166669
if I name anyone, I'll get banned again, no thanks mate.
>>
>>9166640
Is she from the cosplay scene? Or the lolita scene? Or both? Or neither?
>>
>>9166812
thn atleast explain so that we can guess, dont let the comment be utterly useless
>>
>>9166640
There are a lot of people who get described like that
I cannot take it seriously at all anymore
>>
>>9166864
Yeah, it's best to just ignore these posts. Just someone stirring up shit.
>>
>>9166867
isn't 4chan entirely about stirring up shit?
>>
>>9166896
/cgl/ != 4chan
>>
>>9166812
Not if you just drop their cosplay name/first name
>>
>>9166038
She mentioned she fell ill.
>>
>>9166896
Yes and no? But people who believe everything are stupid anyway
>>
>>9166955
Don't be such a pussy and just tell us.
And even more important, tell why because you're probably just looking to stir some petty drama.
>>
>>9166896
Not really. Take this thread for example. Sure we have gossip anons and trolls, but sometimes we actually have some nice talk here about conventions and whatsnot.
>>
>>9164822
Both Jeroen Weimar and Kaleidoscopy's pictures are up!

additionally, an abunai cos vid dropped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5faZ5K25-Ps
(the shots are nice but how did they manage to make even outside shots with gleaming sunlight look like they're made at 11pm with no assisting light source??

Also two ACC videos!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1G4fozx-Pk
G&J doing their usual high quality work!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cEHAJDHF0k
BRM with some pretty nice stuff as well~
>>
>>9167040
Did a lot of these cosplays enter for the masquerade on saturday? I was there on sunday and it felt like there were a lot more better cosplays walking around than in the contest.
>>
>>9167040
The Pyramide Head cosplayer was an awesome guy! I saw him also at ACC on Sunday.
>>
>>9166977
Did you even see to what post I responded?
>>
>>9167040
the abunai video seems like its made with a phone, suroundings are horrible -or at least put the aperture up and focus on the cosplayer-, edit on the beat of the music when there's no story telling in the MV and the stances some of these cosplayers do, cringe. Basics people!
>>
>>9167477
Oh oops I thought it was bait-anon being vague again
>>
>>9167488
I think the timing is also off. It lingers too long in the beginning and end, which makes it look awkward.
>>
>>9167500
yeah like i said, shouldve edited on the beat
>>
>>9167488
I think this person made it more for fun, than for a portfolio. It reminds me of when back in the 00s (before any of us thought about making cosplay videos) you had people creating AMVs in a really basic way, and post it on youtube. The only difference with this is: it ain't the 00s anymore, and we demand quality from everyone attempting these things.
>>
So no one notices that CMV is made by that annoying sasuke?
>>
>>9167580
I noticed. But that was one the reasons why I think it was made more for fun, than for a portfolio. He doesn't seem the type with ambition for the latter, if you know that his content is mainly vlogs. Probably thought he might as well make a CMV besides the vlog he intended since he's there anyway. But he can correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>9167561
But not making it for a portfolio doesnt mean the quality should be like a potato, you know? I know lots of folks that do these things for fun but also think techniques are fun and editing is fun. like on the other hand, if something looks really bomb, it doesnt mean it's for portfolio per se...
>>
>>9167561
>Back in the 00s... post it on YouTube
Ah yes, the Windows Movie Maker days. Easy to use, lots of "cool effects" and very prone to crashing forcing you to save your project after other second... Good times.

>>9167589
Who cares? It's a YouTube video made by some amateur for shits and giggles, not some Oscar nominated movie.
>>
>>9167681
do you even read
>>
>>9167681
I care my eyes burned
>>
>>9166640
Is it M tho?
>>
To the anon that was asking about Abunai staff positions: AnimeCon just posted this on their facebook page.
>>
>>9167883
Last name first letter?
>>
>>9168050
>Videographer Cosplay
They're literally asking for someone to make a cos vid. Now I'm pretty sure G&J did this the last two years so I suppose they quit? pretty interesting anyhow.
I don't think we even have that many in NL, and even less actual high-end quality ones. There's G&J, DrCow and BRM in order as kind-of top 3 and then there's DNStje, Hollandia ground and DeSchurr as upcoming slowly-getting-better tier. Remind me if I'm missing any I guess.
>>
>>9168082
someone is always salty about ME, that's why I asked
>>
File: gopher.jpg (97KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gopher.jpg
97KB, 400x400px
>>9168119
With the emphassis on volunteer (op zoek naar Vrijwilligers!), aren't they stretching the meaning of gophering a bit? Every convention or event will have gophers which is the normalest thing in the world, the services for said gopher is usually in exchange for free time on the event itself. If your getting paid to work full-time, you're not a gopher, so no misunderstandings there right? Usually the gopher services are without a specific required skills. People skills will of course be helpful, but that's it. The part where I think they are stretching it is that they are asking for very specific job specialties, experience and even in some cases personal equipment at home for things like, catering, a/v-technician and videography, with listing of required skills. Aren't those some very specific skills, than just the need of a pair of hands, that you can ask to "go for" something, which I think is where the term gopher derived from.

Shouldn't they just audit and hire people with said skill instead, as they do with other technical and catering staff they also need to hire. They also have to hire the location, transport and security. They don't offer free dealer spaces themselves either which is all fair, but just pointing out that they do have a business income and expense side even though they are a stichting. Now I'm absolutely not telling them how to mind their wallet. But I am saying that asking for specific professional skills is a bit beyond gophering. So why not consider actually auditing people and hire them for a agreeable amount and help build that part of the community too? Instead of just the honor to be a specialist-gohper, or for the gain of experience. Have them earn 20 bucks & earn an experience?

But it's all supply and demand. So they are technically not at fault for asking. Why pay the cow when you can get the milk for free?
see what I did there.
>>
File: gopher.png (14KB, 466x293px) Image search: [Google]
gopher.png
14KB, 466x293px
>>9168422
>>
>>9168422
Several of those functions go well beyond the convention itself, especially that PR-function wich is basically a job with how soon can you begin.

By the looks of these are all senior functions. I guess some have to apply for their own job they already do.
>>
>>9168422
Apart from the fact that hiring people for things is expensive, especially during weekends, Animecon is relying on volunteer techs with the same knack for what they do, because they don't trust professionals with cosplay.
I talked with their lead tech guy at Abunai about why Animecon trys to do it all by themselves, and he basically told me that while pro's are good at what they do, they often lack the skill and imagination to walk in the shoes of the people on stage. To a pro, it's often just another job, while the Animecon crew knows what's going on and is doing their damndest to make it all look good.

I can see why: it's easy to get some people to operate the equipment that's there, but if you don't really know what's going on, mistakes are made easier. Also, the cameraguy at Firstlook last year was zooming in on team Paraluna's tit-window, instead of the act. They were nice tits, but it's not something Animecon would look for in their crew.
>>
>>9168422
In Animecon's case, I can see it as a normal thing and not a big problem.

I think it's much more unforgivable when big companies with massive profits ask for 'unpaid interns' which is basically doing a job on volunteering basis as well. Or when they literally in their job advert say 'volunteers needed'. And this is the professional world.

That's way more damaging than a festival that already works largely with volunteers imo.
>>
>>9168422
If you ever gopher at AnimeCon you would know that all the organizers are indeed volunteers.
The only people getting paid are they security and EHBO.
So the fact that they are looking for volunteers to help organize is normal.
>>
>>9168734
Im friends with a couple of the staff and the running joke they have is that they do it for a free ticket and a T-shirt.
The sad part is they realy do mean it.
>>
>>9168781
And without them we wouldn't have AnimeCon. Someone has to do the job. If people are willing to volunteer then that's great imo. I'm only interested in being part of an event, as far as my involvement with the convention goes. It's good that others are willing to take roles like gopher or steward. One of my friends is a regular steward, and I think he really likes the job because.. why else would he still do it? He's an adult and can easily pay a weekend ticket himself.
>>
>>9168885
I'm a regular steward at Abunai and I have come to really, REALLY dislike doing it. I no longer want to be "that guy" who has to point out the rules to everyone, I don't want to have people be scared of me talking to them just because I want to help them and I certainly, most definitely never again want to force someone to the ground and keep them there.

Sure, I prevented injuries on another con visitor and I know that that's a good thing, but...I just don't want to be the one who has to do it.

Getting a free ticket, two shirts (because sweaty as balls) and dem foods in the lounge is all fine and dandy, but I really need to start looking for something else to do.
>>
>>9168903
Then quit? Or is there any social issue going on here that prevents you? I just think that if it changed from a passion to a nuisance, it's not a healthy environment to stay in for you. But that's just personal advice.
>>
>>9168903
Wait, you actually have to force people to the ground, I kinda can imagine why you would like to quit.
>>
>>9168909
Just my own sense of loyalty to the team and the organisations. I know that the manager and his seniors trust me and expect me to do my job properly, which I have been doing for quite a while now. Well, that and the fact that I genuinely want to make sure that visitors have a good time without having to worry about trivial matters that can be solved by either stewards, security or staff. Knowing that I can do my part in making sure the convention runs smoothly keeps me going as a steward, that's for sure.

>>9168921
Yeah, I had to, last year. Freakazoid was stalking a minor, didn't take kindly to being called out on that. Really glad that he was noticed waiting in line and denied access this time.
>>
>>9165411
I didn't know of Tully before all the posts here. I didn't think we had any actual cute mascots in the Netherlands that would do a good job representing the country while not looking terrifying and Tully is just that sweet mix y' know?
I'd almost be tempted to get some tully merch myself, be it just to give to friends visiting from other countries, it'd be something new besides the rip off Delfts blauw, shitty magnets and cheese.
>>
>>9168929
Sorry to break your heart but Tully is Japaneese.
He is Laguna Ten Bosch's (a dutch theamed Theam park in Japan) mascot.
Sorry anon
>>
>>9168928
I know the feeling. I had to asist in removing someone from convention grounds for stalking aswell.
That was hard. I mean the realisation that he was not welcome anymore and might not be able to come back for a while...

But still nice to see we do stuff to make other peoples weekends enjoyable.
>>
>>9168936
Has anything like that happened the last abunai/acon?
>>
>>9168953
This was back in almelo times. Dont steward anymore. Kids and duch.
>>
>>9168903
I feel like this is an image people have of Abunai stewards/gophers specificly. Some Abunai staff is way too much in the ''agentje spelen'' and it gives people the idea you're all power-hungry autists.
>>
>>9168934
Oh, How did I mess up my wording this badly. I meant cute mascot -of- the netherlands, not in. And I regularly import from japan thru proxy's so that's what I intended with the merch part.
>>
File: f2_1433138954.jpg (259KB, 998x452px) Image search: [Google]
f2_1433138954.jpg
259KB, 998x452px
>>9168929
I know right! I'm glad to have shared Tully here in hope OP and others would also like Tully. I'm happy to read people like OP and you do. So far I know the merch is only sold at Huis Ten Bosch, but if you somehow can manage to get it, that would be great!

Slightly related, I just checked the website to see if I could find any online shop (but nope). And I stumbled on something else I found funny at Huis Ten Bosch. There is this One Piece the shop called 'Sloep'. http://english.huistenbosch.co.jp/amusement/?mode=amuseview&Type=3&no=1330
>>
>>9169160
theme shop*
>>
Quick "I'm an idiot" question; what's the ideal thickness of EVA foam in terms of strength, rigidity and still being to able to shape it with a heat gun? It's for various armour pieces by the way. The answers on Google are undecided as always so I would prefer getting some advice from an experienced Seagull before I place my order.
And don't worry, I won't be using hot glue. I already made that mistake in the past...
>>
What is a good reaction image for someone who asks "cheaper then €50" for a $300+ nendoroid?
>>
>>9169256
Good! Contact adhesive is your best friend.

I personally enjoy 6mm foam the most. It's not flimsy, but not too thick either. Though for big, strong armour parts you may want to go for 8 or 10mm. Be sure to check out Evil Ted's channel as well! He also has a twitch livestream on mondays and tuesdays from 18:00 to 20:00.
>>
>>9169340
there's like 2 nendoroids actually valued that high, which one are you talking about.
As for reaction images, anything ridiculing regarding sales goes I guess, I'd personally use the icon from 'Ik bied de helft' on facebook.
>>
>>9169348
Red Champion edition. Although now that I look at more pages, €150 seems more of a common price (I'm not that much into figures/Nendoroids, so seeing the difference between real value vs scalping isn't my strongest point). Not that below 50 still isn't delusional.
Also someone recommended Wish...
>>
>>9168967
Gee, tell me about it. That's the one thing I've noticed newer, in-experienced stewards do and I've strived to get them to stop that. I mean, we're pretty much the face of the Abunai organisation when it comes to on-site visitor services and should be hospitable and friendly towards those who come from far and wide to visit our little con while still maintaining order and making sure no one gets hurt. At least, that's my vision on the subject and, without making an promises, I'll try to pass that knowledge on to my fellow stewards.

>>9168936
Heh. Points are agreed upon throughout your entire post. As one steward to another former one, thanks for all that you've done. :)
>>
>>9169429
Wish is THE biggest bootleg webshop there is... oh god
>>
so what do you think will happen with the WCS and CCCC on Firstlook?
>>
>>9169904
It will be there on Sunday as planned, unlike the solo competition.
>>
>>9169904
Well that Firstlook is doing C4 means Abunai fucked up somehow beacause it was being held there.
>>
>>9170037
More like, not enough entries to make it a competition.
>>
>>9170037
it was an entries issue. Anime is responsible for advertising the c4 prelims and they just put no effort into mentioning abunai's prelims at all. No sign ups no compo.
>>
>>9170042
Also think it was because of Amsterdam Comic con.
I mean, the people who normally enter the compo's were judges there
>>
>>9170047
Their "international" cosplay guests lol
>>
>>9170042
ah ah... The whole Dutch C4 preliminary has been handed to Abunai by Animecon, otherwise Acon might as wel take over the stage and rehearsals for a while and organise that prelimenary themselves.

Wich is pretty much what is happening now, only it is not at Abunai/Veldhoven anymore.
>>
>>9170073
that's what animecon did with their first edition of the c4 right?
>>
Is MGC worth it if it's 2 hours by train?
>>
>>9170155
It is more a social event than that it is keeping the boredom away.
>>
>>9170163
Welp I have no friends to go with so no 2 hour trainride for me.
>>
>>9170155
i travel atleast 2 hours for any convention....
>>
>>9170295
I do too but I'd still want it to be worth it.
>>
>>9170155
no
>>
Anyone went to mundo fantasia in Limburg or the mango and cosplay festival in Belgium?

Anything cool happen?
>>
>>9171053
Some visitor from the El Mundo Fantasia did not approve of a zombie girl costume. He was a little dumb describing it, he is getting an earful now.
>>
>>9171268
cap? can't find it
>>
>>9171290
Second this. The original post seemed to be deleted by the man in question.
>>
>>9171290

I am afraid not. It wasn't really that interesting either.
Just thought it was somewhat of an overkill that everyone felt the need to bash on the guy, just because he was crude in his wording of the ordeal.
>>
he made a period joke and now people say he's a pedo. Errr..alrighty then? Also I get why kids would be scared of her, but then again there should be a dresscode if it's all ages and people are wearing pasties and bodypaint.
>>
Last year Firstlook, how cosplay friendly was it?
>Doubting to put on cosplay
>>
>>9171625
Avoid to bring big cosplays or props. You are very likely to be stuck in a big pile of people at some point and you definitely don't want your cosplay to be destroyed by accident.

Last year I had the feeling the organizers want to attract cosplayers to get more interesting audience but in the end had nothing much to offer to them. So if you are not in any contest it might not be worth it.

I would recommend a simple cosplay you can easily move around in.
>>
>>9171625
Was in cosplay last year. Pretty much fun. You notice the larger crowd is not that used to it yet so I got a lot of nice responses.
To go for one day to have some display fun I recommend it. There is always the cosplay stage where you can hang out to meet friends and familiar faces.
>>
>>9170073
>Acon might as wel take over the stage
Knowing by experience the way they handle things, I think you are on to something...
>>
>>9171625
If you've got any recognisable game cosplay, absolutely go for it.
As >>9172247 said, the general crowd is still getting used to the idea of cosplays on the floor in stead of just some booth babes, so they're more likely to positively embrace the presence in stead of being scared away from it.

If you're participating in one of the cosplay contests, however, expect an epic shitshow. I'm sure that Karlijn from J-POP has made changes to improve...well, everything, but if it's anything like last year, the first look organisation/communication is going to be a mess.
>>
>>9172338
Yep heard a lot of shit about last years WCS and game kings being the main shitthrowers. That's why I was a little sceptical about going in cosplay or not, but a game cosplay can't really hurt I think.
>>
Me and my buddies went to the tank con in Soesterberg when Abunai was going. We ran into some girl with a red cape, a catgirl and some girl with a giant blue staff on the way home.
>>
>>9168928
This is the problem all you gophers and stewards are facing. I've gophered for almost 10 years now and I finally quit. Every time, I get shifts with gophers who think they are the shit, that they're actually doing good things for the people. They are enthusiastic and do everything + more than they're ask to do. However, they are also really arrogant. They really think big of themselves because they like to help out the convention. Every time I get a shift, there's at least one other gopher who goes "well, my shift ending like 3 hours ago but look at me, I'm still helping! Hahahaha". It's all a big race about who can be the better gopher by helping out more. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I left.

If you really want to leave, then just leave. You will be replaced, and that's fine. Then you can finally properly enjoy the convention and actually do what you WANT to do and not do what people expect you to do.
>>
>>9172554
Just call em out on there BS...

It's great that you are helping out, without them there wouldn't be conventions, but once they start showing attitude just give em a cookie or something.
>>
>>9172554
To be fair I do work 16 hours a day during cons but im a staff member.
Some gophers just get too excited and there have been cases when gophers are told to stop working over time.
But unfortunatly the amout of gophers needed grows faster than the amount of gophers on hand so usualy we are happy to have someone do those extra shifts. If they are having fun and are not puting themselves in danger of overexaution we will allow it.
and i must say in name of most staff members we are so sorry if we look kranky or are somewhat mean at times. When you are trying to solve 5 problems have only slept like 4 hours and havent eaten for gods know how long we might just not be in the mood to answer something you can ask a gopher. I konw visitors are our customers but we are human and not getting payed.
>>
On a whole different note anyone here going to nishicon / alternatief slapen?
>>
>>9172921
A lot of people don't know or see the difference between staff, gopher of steward, so you can't blame them for asking the first person they see in a convention t-shirt.
>>
>>9172957
>31 days left until Nishicon
>No schedule available
>No announcements in terms on content AT ALL
>Complete silence on their own website since April
>Complete silence on all social media since June, haven't answered ANY questions on the event page
>Game room organised by a couped GamePit
>Only thing they have going on right now is Animecon Nostalgia and they know it
Nishicon 2016: Definitely Not Attending
>>
>>9172987
This is a sad reminder of the only reason I might go: animecon nostalgia.
>>
File: 1460265611201.jpg (14KB, 592x498px) Image search: [Google]
1460265611201.jpg
14KB, 592x498px
>tfw want to cosplay Chihiro Fujisaki but too scared of being stabbed on the street for wearing a skirt
>>
File: nishi_vs_tomo.png (69KB, 359x403px) Image search: [Google]
nishi_vs_tomo.png
69KB, 359x403px
>>9173062
>This is a sad reminder of the only reason I might go: animecon nostalgia.
Same for me, and their absolute radio silence worries me to say the least. I mean Nishicon is only a month away from now, shouldn't they be hyping their con with lots of posts, announcements and all that jazz? When TomoShit is more active than a "big con" you just know something bad is going on.
>>
>>9173072
Why not change clothes in the dressing room (if any) or toilet?
>>
>>9173096
nishicon ain't that big.....
>>
>>9173659
2000+ visitors. By Dutch con standards, that's pretty big. Doesn't mean that they're any less shit than Tomo, but whatever.
>>
>>9173782
At least they're trying to do something against bootleg, which is more than Tomo will ever do. Heard that fake is sad will help them again this year.
>>
>>9173072
Like other anon said, change clothes at the venue. Wear biker shorts on the street, have the skirt in a backpack and put it over the shorts at the con. Easy peasy lemon breezy.
>>
>>9173782
You are mixing up numbers. Nishicon has +/- 1500 while tomocon has +/-2500. Now I'm not praising tomoshit or nishicon, because I dislike both, but the numbers say: Nishicon ain't that big....
>>
>>9173826
Wait, THAT many people are actually stupid enough to give their money to tomoshit? Yeah. I was wrong about that one, because I sure as hell wasn't expecting that.
>>
>>9173882
Tomo is really cheap compared to the actual cons
>>
>>9172957
Alternatief slapen was nice when it was AnimeCon, and I was still a broke secondary school student who couldn't afford an actual hotel.

Wouldn't consider now.
>>
I don't get why so many people put on their cosplay at home, rather than at the convention itself. Unless the cosplay is super casual, I really prefer putting it on at the convention, rather than having to deal with weird looks, wearing something no so comfy the whole way, and/or having my wig tangled by the wind.
>>
>>9173826
>Nishicon 2015: 2025 unique visitors (Abunai 2010 had roughly 2100 visitors when they moved to Veldhoven)
>Tomocon 2016: 3000 visitors
All numbers were pulled straight from their websites.
>>
>>9173950
I got the other numbers from the sushi times, but still shows tomoshit has more, you get the point. Mut say, last year nishicon, that sunday? It was so quiet! very few visitors
>>
>>9173949
where did you see this? I know nobody that wears their cosplay the entire day, but I do know (and I'm guilty of this myself) people that finished their cosplay and wig do a try out and put everything on for, say, max 10 minutes to take pictures
>>
File: top.jpg (78KB, 689x487px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
78KB, 689x487px
>>9173202
>>9173797
Thank.
>>
>>9173949
Because it takes a lot of time to dress up and for example it takes me 3 to 4 hours to go to a convention, so it will be late when I arrive and the events have already started
>>
It's my first time going to Nishicon and joining the masquerade. Anything I need to look out for?
>>
>>9173955
I get your point, just wanted to have the right numbers out here (1500 or 2000 visitors, pretty big difference). But yeah, I'm seriously expecting Nishicon to be even quieter this year. Judging by my con friends and Nishi's FB event there doesn't seem to be all that much interest at all, and with Firstlook going on during the same weekend they are facing some competition on the overlapping gamer audience. Plus Almelo isn't exactly in a central location, lacks other hotels and Nishicon definitely isn't worth the €320 basic room for two...
>>
>>9173972
Shitty communication before the con, shitty organisation during the contest, shitty prize afterwards in case the biased idiotic judges would ever choose your cosplay.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160906-140456.png (844KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160906-140456.png
844KB, 1440x2560px
>>9173972
Yes, don't forget to sign up at the front desk! /jk

Also what's up with their severely outdated event list? They even have events from Nishicon 2014 in there...
>>
>>9173882
They came for the Japanese band and Deshima Sounds.
>>
>>9173969
So leave the house earlier?
>>
>>9173988
And to drink cheap vodka all day, get piss drunk, make an ass out of themselves and try to save face afterwards by claiming you got drugged while refusing to take a drug test.
>>
Have you heard about GameRoomS?
"We deliver gamerooms, thats all."
>>
>>9173994
I almost forgot about that, thank you for reminding.
>>
>>9173991
hahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>9173996
And the award for "most generic game room organisation name" goes to...
>>
>>9173982
Shit. Why do I keep signing up for the worst contests.
Are there even any good ones?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160906-143433.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160906-143433.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>9173996
>Founder: Brian
So first this pathetic manchild kills GamePit and now he has started his own organisation? I so hope it turns out he committed fraud or stole money from GamePit so this little shit can serve time...
>>
>>9174008
imo.... facts, animecon, DCC was nice too, Abunai was pretty cool this year, don't know how it'll go but firstlook has 2 big ones this year, all the others are pretty meh, but that shouldn't stop you from competing. Keep in mind the fun factor, there are always people whom bitch and moan about minor things
>>
>>9174022
AnimeCon is my fave i mean look at there stage!. Then facts en abunai.
>>
>>9174009
maladministration or wanbeheer" as it is called in the Netherlands, if Gamepit is going bankrupt than this is what will come along and the staff will be held accountable for it.

It is not over yet!
>>
>>9174039
>AnimeCon is my fave i mean just look at there stage
As a spectator I agree, the stage and seats in the World Forum are perfect in every possible way. The fact that we had that (somewhat out of place) Wicked act last year says it all, there's no way one could pull that off like that at Abunai or DCC.
>>
>>9173991
You must live somewhere with decent public transportation.
>>
File: wft-denhaag-binnen.jpg (358KB, 938x334px) Image search: [Google]
wft-denhaag-binnen.jpg
358KB, 938x334px
>>9174052
Agreed, this is at the moment the biggest theater in the Netherlands. And another fact is, Animecon is the only organisation that rents the whole building at the moment for their festival.
>>
>>9174060
>17,500m2 divided over 35 halls, of which 10,000m2 can be used as expo space.
>The theatre offers enough seats to house 2,161 people
I don't even want to think about the major headache the staff will get once they outgrow the World Forum.

>AnimeCon is the only organisation that rents the whole building
Not only that, but they also don't demand much from the World Forum as they do nearly everything themselves and make sure to leave everything behind properly and according to plan. Unlike those bastards from Oracle that is, who nearly ruined the Friday of Animecon this year...
>>
>>9174060
I participated in the competitions a few times. Compared to other events the organization of the competition is by far the best I experienced. And I know some people who participated in other international competitions who agree.
The moment you sign up and get through, you feel welcome. The organization responds within days, if not hours, when you have questions. So there s no doubt with me where the cosplay walhalla is in our country.
Though I might be biased by now, as I have most of their cosplay crew on FB.
>>
>>9173982
Who is judging then?
>>
File: nijntje op bezoek bij tully.png (282KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nijntje op bezoek bij tully.png
282KB, 1080x1080px
Had some time to kill today, so I made this. Now if you excuse me, I'm off to wonder about my life decisions...
>>
>>9174374
ok this is cute
>>
>>9174374
Hahaha I love it! I assume this is OP again? You never fail to amuse me with your Tully shoops. (yes this is that same anon again that suggested Tully)
>>
>>9174374
10/10 would read to my kids
>>
>>9174374
OK who's going to cosplay this?
>>
How did sakuraflor suddenly become so well known as a cosplayer? I see all these vlogs and progress pictures lately.
>>
>>9174557
I was asking myself this a while back. She doesn't have that much cosplays but she has the right network of people and as she already did fanart people already kind of knew her, so she blew up almost immediately after her Rapunzel Warrior cosplay at Formula cosplay in februari.
>>
>>9174550
I can cosplay Nijntje easily, but I prefer to cosplay Tully, cause... yeah it's that same anon again from >>9174433..
>>
>>9174569
>>9174557
her cosplays are okay, but she seems kind of a tryhard pro cosplayer wannabe
>>
>>9174433
Correct. I started doodling on paper as I was looking for Nijntje stuff to give to my neighbours. Then it hit me and this happened.
>I still use Adobe Flash to draw things as I used to make shitty animations.

>>9174446
Just wait until the next time I get bored and start working on some actual pages.
>Hello I'm Tully, I just moved here!
>I'm Nijntje. I like to do Nijntje things, and you?
>I'm friends with lots of seagulls, wanna see?
>Sure!
>This is cosplay-gull, and this one here is lolita-gull. They both like to dress up and play pretend, just like me!
>Some seagulls really want to cosplay, but can't. So they just wear casual cosplays or buy them on eGull
>These are all convention-gulls. This one loves conventions so much she works at Abunai where she makes things in Photoshop! And he is a steward at Animecon. I love it when people dedicate their time to do help.
>In here lives "tfw no qt cosplay gf"-gull, but he is too afraid to ever leave the bird house. But at least I gave him my WiFi password so he can Skype with his friend.
>Who's that seagull on the bouncy castle?
>That's TomoGull, nobody likes him because he sells fake seeds to all the other gulls.
>Oh no, looks like Drama-gull is saying mean things again. (X is an attention whore, nobody likes Y, gimme you tea basic bitches!) She likes to attract the Facebook and have them drop their spaghetti and fly away.
Etc etc, you get the point.
>>
>>9174619
Chapter 2: Nijntje posts on cosplayNL
>>
>>9174624
Chapter/book 3: Nijntje and Tully go to a convention
And mow I want to draw them at Deshima Sounds...
>>
>>9174619
>This one loves conventions so much she works at Abunai where she makes things in Photoshop!
I love it. If you need some help with the book I'd be willing, I'll work in Illustrator this time I promise.
>>
>>9174612
Are you sure you're not talking about nadia?
>>
>>9174374
I'm just wondering if the person that posted this to facebook is also OP, cause it's someone who kind of fits the earlier description of OP.
>>
>>9174674
Not me, I keep 4chan stuff miles away from my Facebook profile. Although I have to say, you made me curious about who shared it on Facebook...
>>
I ate too many pepernoten..
>>
>>9174728
>Pepernoten
Disgusting, Taai-Taai is where it's at!
>>
>>9174009
Some guy tried to kick Brian out of the Gamepit, basicly the whole crew didnt agree with that and left Gamepit and joined Gamerooms
>>
>>9174569

It's a good cosplayer but she also knows how to network very well.
Knowing the right people, saying the right things and exposing yourself on a systematic basis tends to get you places in society.
>>
>>9174903
As someone that has had the displeasure of having to talk to him. Brain is an egocentrical manchild and seriously even a shity organisation like Gamepit is better off without him.
On top of that i know most of the people in GameRoomS and well these are the kinds of people why we have a "participatie wet". I just hopw this organisation dies off quietly because the dutch comm does not need more spastic autist's "representing" us.
>>
>>9175465
yeah like I said. Also a pretty face an tiny body really helps too.
>>
>>9174757
Not really disgusting imo, however taai-taai is where it's at desu senpai
>>
>>9175529
Hey, tryhard, fuck off outta here, will ya?
>>
>>9175562
????
Please clarify why I would be a tryhard?
>>
>>9174557
I'm glad for her? I don't know her personally, but she seems very friendly.
>>
>>9175625
Maybe anon is new here and doesn't know about the wordfilter.
>>
Just got accepted into the Lolita sales group on fb. Any tips/things to watch out for?
>>
>>9175638
Just the usual. Measure yourself first before you buy and ask for size. Make sure you can pay by bank transfer or paypal. Some people might be willing to bring the item to a meet. There is also buying/selling/swapping meet in october.
>>
>>9175638
Really have to watch out for drama. And also brand names with no branding marks anywhere on the clothing.

People will try to scam you.
>>
>>9175638
If you are selling, beware of some people try to haggle you a bit too forcefully with stupid lowball prices and demand free shipping, etc.
Just say no when they try to do that.
Make sure you have good feedback elsewhere and make sure the buyer can view it.
Honestly, just take payment via bank transfer as it's easier and you don't have to cover fees.
Do consider taking paypal though, but take their fees in account, just add them to the price of whatever you want to sell, not afterwards when you send the buyer the total cause that is not ok.
Only ever send tracked, even smaller items to cover your ass.
Be honest about the state your items are in.
Make sure to list every single flaw to avoid a buyer being unsatisfied.
If you have any terms, list them.
Also worth listing is allergy warnings if you are a smoker or own a hairy pet (cats, dogs, whatever).

As buyer, make sure that the things you bought are arriving in the state someone promised it to be.
If they are worse than described, do complain.
If they become rude, as help from a mod.
Make sure the seller has one or more sources of feedback, and make sure the feedback is good.
And watch out for scams, that goes for any sales comm though.
>>
>>9165368
This guy is really fun to hang around with, met him at Animecon. He's too pure, he doesn't deserve this hate. ;-;
>>
>>9176058
Except he does for being THAT obnoxious on camera...
>>
>>9176071
This person has a good point.
>>
>>9176058
I don't think there's much hate. Just 'what's this dude doing???' and not liking his style. Nowadays, everything that's not 'liked' is instantly called 'hate'. Hate is overrated.
>>
>>9176058
I don't hate on him, but I do have to say..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCdr6KWkJTM
>harambe
Stuff that is harambe meme related really cringes me out. Pretty much the only person who did something Harambe related that was actually lit, was Dumbfoundead.
>>
>>9177126
.... just had to stop after the intro, NO!!
>>
Anyone here still going to cosplay meetings?
>>
MMMC announced that they'll compete in the WCS prelims. Any people here competing as well?
>>
>>9174374
http://www.luckytv.nl/nijntje-overal-schijt-aan/
>>
I deeply regret booking a Nishicon hotel and tickets.
We were gonna do an act and asked some questions but no reply ofc. I knew Dian was shitty but I didn't expect the Nishicon crew to be this careless.
>>
>>9177361
I feel your pain Anon, especially as the deadline for cancelling your ticket passed two days ago. At least you can still get 40% of what you paid for your hotel room back and visit Nishicon for a day...
>>
>>9173072
>too scared of being stabbed on the street for wearing a skirt
Where do you live? Doesn't sound nice.
>>
>>9177401
I dont think thats worth it. I'll just have a relax weekend with my boyfriend, bring the WiiU for smash at our hotelroom etc. I already assumed they wouldn't have that much to offer but this is way worse than I could have imagined.

Nishicon, definitely not Animecon because they actually do shit for their visitors.
>>
>>9177361
>>9177831
What happened? Did they announce something?
>>
>>9177862
>Did they announce something?
If only... Keep in mind Nishicon is less than a month away. Their site has special events from 2014 on the event list, they haven't posted anything since May on neither their blog or social media, they don't answer ANY questions (including gopher volunteer questions) on neither their FB nor event page, their event only has very few people marked as going, and they completely ignored Cosplay Comp Femanon's questions.
As far as I'm concerned Nishicon is dead and I highly suggest nobody buys any tickets until we get a solid sign of live out of them. Odds are they have bitten off more than they can chew on with the move to Almelo, especially with Firstlook going on the same weekend.
>>
speaking of a convention within a month that has very few info online: firstlook. Still not all games are online, just this week they announced 3 others
>>
>>9177820
Not that anon but I live in Kanaleneiland and regularly get harassed, threatened and followed simply for being a white woman in a dress walking alone, so if >>9173072 is a guy then I don't blame him for not wanting to be seen crossdressing in certain neighbourhoods.
>>
>>9178257
>being a white woman
As an Asian woman, I don't think it would be any different for me. Or oh well, +racials slurs then. It's funny how certain minorities cry about racism, yet are being super racist towards other minorities. Hypocrite at its finest.
>>
>>9178295
I'm not sure if the stereotypes about western women being sluts who deserve to be harassed also extends to (East?) Asians but yeah, as long as you're Other you'll get shit. I just went out to get some groceries and these teenage boys followed me around and threw pebbles at me while everyone around ignored it. And this is in a frumpy long skirted librarian-kei outfit! I haven't dared to wear lolita out since I moved here.
>>
>>9178250
Maybe they are confident that people will come anyway.. because.. it is FirstLook!

And Nishicon.. well.. it was boring the last few years. I think the music act last year was OK. But the rest is just the same ol' same ol'. It was fun when they announced the convention with a joke. I wasn't sure if they were kidding or not, but when I found out it wasn't a joke I was like: well.. this can become very interesting! But after that it became silent. Are they preparing another big bang or is it going to die down? I hope not, because there is potential. Especially because they moved to a known place for many people who went to the old Animecon.
>>
>>9173072
Chihiro cosplayer at Abunai here: do it faggot.

Just get changed at the venue.
>>
>>9178317
Please don't give this space to Tomo.
>>
>>9178257
I feel for you anon, I'd be scared too.

>>9178295
This so much.
They abuse the words racism and discrimination so they can get their way.
They are not the only minority to do that though.
They don't have a bad reputation for nothing, they earned it.
So far they are way more racist than any white people I have seen (I'm half Indonesian, but I look way more Asian than I do white).
They are also horrible to black people as well, though quite a lot of black people (swekker type) called me racial slurs too.
>>
>>9178317
true but it's nice to plan a con yaknow. I guess i'm just impatient
>>
i actually bought my tickets a few weeks ago because one of my friends was a like ''yeah, it's cheaper and i want to buy them to but not going without you'. And I'm starting to regret it now. At least i payed with paypal. So if it gets cancelled last minute it could do something ( i hope)
>>
>>9178343
Welp there is always the pool atleast
>>
>cheapskate incoming
anybody here that bought Firstlook tickets at Primera? Are they cheaper/more expensive/exactly the same price as on the Firstlook website?
>>
>>9179838
I didn't even knew they sold tickets at Primera. Still, it's a save bet to say they will be just as expensive as when you would buy them online.
>>
Thoughts on from zero to hero?
>>
>>9180167
what's that?

anigenda meeting tomorow. whoo. time to kick some tomoass
>>
>>9180176
the new x-box series which involves 'popular' cosplayers from the netherlands
>>
>>9180180
Got a link? Google is failing me big time...
>>
>>9180180
3 of them are actually friends of mine, pretty exciting for them.
>>
>>9180198
http://www.xboxnederland.nl/nieuws/from-zero-to-hero-aflevering-1-design/
>>
>>9180209
Brb, pulling their friend lists into a database and filtering those who are friends with all of them /jk
>>
>>9180246
So your are posting on /cgl/, that you do not want people in your friendlist that also post on /cgl/.
>>
>>9180246
haha, gl hf

Anyway it's pretty cool that xbox does this, more recognition for the hobby in a bright light is always good.
>>
>>9180266
No, I'm jokingly posting that I will filter their friend lists to find out who Anon is desu.
>>
>>9180239
Thanks for the link Anon, Google gave a bit too many hits considering how generic the title "From Zero to Hero" is. I noticed the second episode is up as well at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuCY__G7BFQ

>That over the top narration and all the unnecessary English
Other than it was a nice watch. I've always been as sucker for video series showing a costume (or anything really) being made and all the steps that go with it. I'm curious to see how it all turns out, even if the guy comes over a bit too "passive" for my likings.
>>
>>9180176
Enjoy kicking!
>>
>Gamerooms is giving away free tickets to tomofair for sunday.
they sure are desperate to get visitors on sunday
>>
File: chrome_2016-09-11_15-20-21.png (4KB, 462x62px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-09-11_15-20-21.png
4KB, 462x62px
kek
>>
>>9181162
>@tomocon.nl
Tomo behind Gamepit coup conspiracy confirmed!
>>
>>9181161
>>9181162
>>9181169
Brian got brainwashed.
>>
>>9181178
Nah, he probably signed a suicide pact with TomoMark after being saved by him from his NEET lifestyle. After all talking to your fridge is a pretty dangerous thing...
>>
>>9174637
>I love it. If you need some help with the book I'd be willing, I'll work in Illustrator this time I promise.
Feel free to make whatever you want. I'm anything but good at drawing and most my creativity revolves around music anyway.
>>
File: 1470007987723.jpg (2KB, 125x83px)
1470007987723.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
Alright everyone, you know the drill. The current thread is on auto-sage and the new thread can be found at >>9181333
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.