[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, who's going to PAX? >What are you cosplaying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

Alright, who's going to PAX?

>What are you cosplaying?
>Excited for anything in particular?
>>
i tried cosplaying last year but it was kind of hard since it's such a busy and packed con

i love taking pics of everyone though. there are some seriously great costumes that show up
>>
I'm enforcing this year, but I asked for early shifts so I could possibly cosplay later on in the day.

I was going to bring my Clover from 999 for sure. Probably my old Ellie because I haven't made any new video game cosplays. No idea what else, honestly.

I'm just excited to see what games are coming out this year. I didn't have my PS4 for a long while so I skipped a lot of announcements.
>>
Last year was my first PAX, I learned then that complex costumes will have to stay at home. So I'll be bringing Clover from 999 and Wendy from Don't Starve. I'm really looking forward to the Rooster Teeth panel actually, and seeing the Pokemon and Yokai Watch stuff!!
>>
I finished my Bonnie FNAF kigurumi last night, though I hope to find my extra hooks to fasten the bow part to the other side of the hoodie so that it'll lay flat. I know it'll be warm but I'll manage!
>>
PAX Prime lost its luster to me. I'd been attending for five years and I couldn't bring myself to buy all days this time, just Saturday and Sunday.
>>
Gonna be wearing Corvo Attano and Golfer 76. Gonna try and show off Corvo to the Bethesda staff and score some free swag. Other than that I'm gonna try and win a 1080 at the nvidia panel.

I finally got an Enforcer gig after three years of applying and was able to trade my afternoon shift for a morning, so I'll actually be able to be seen in cosplay. If you see an Enforcer in the VR freeplay area wearing a Solider 76 visor, say hi.
>>
>>9160787
This is my first PAX, anyone have any tips? I've never gone to a large scale con like this before
>>
>>9162895
Firstly, cool! It'll be overwhelming at first but you gotta pace yourself and definitely check out the pax prime forums for better tips and details.

Take a moment to read the guidebook, make plan As and Bs, and don't expect to do eeeeverything. You don't want to burn out on day 1. Some popular stuff will take hours in line, also if you have Twitter, helps to follow the PAX Lines account (sorry I fail to remember the actual name).

Eat, drink, clean and sleep regularly. Don't be afraid to socialize!
>>
I'm recycling my desert sorceress (Dark Souls 2) from last year and finished my Avacyn (MTG) just in time. They aren't spectacular but I love and cons are more fun in cosplay.
>>
Also made the bf a dosh skin Mr. Foster. Now he has a riding jacket and a comfy cosplay.
>>
>>9161472
Aw, shit. My shift sucks.

I didn't have any new cosplays anyways, I guess.
>>
>>9162895
Second, I've never been and am working.

>do or don't cosplay?
>what are interesting/worthwhile/memorable panels
>>
>>9163294
Ask around the Enforcer forum and see if you can switch with someone. It's what I ended up doing.
>>
>>9163999
I saw that. They didn't seem to keen on that, though.

Maybe I'll just PM some people. My department's super small, anyways.
>>
>What are you cosplaying?
going as a Loner from S.T.A.L.K.E.R., hopefully its not too hot...

>Excited for anything in particular?
I keep hearing its a good time, i always like seeing spectacles
also, i have sort of overlooked indie gaming so it will be nice to learn a bit more here.

>>9163105
perhaps you know, but does anyone know of any meetups?
>>
>>9162895
Bring lots of lube.
>>
>>9164544
PAX is usually small in terms of /cgl/ stuff, but we could plan some sort of meetup.

What day works best for folks?
>>
>>9162895
Not going this year but my first PAX, honestly think last year was probably my last PAX, was nothing like smaller cons but I had some mega fuckups I should have done looking back

>Plan out places to eat way before hand
>check for panels and lines for said panels much earlier than you normally do at other cons
>Figure out how much cash you think you should bring then increase it by 50%
>if gaming walk around the hall once before stepping into a line, some games have odd rules about how much time you can play
Aside from that just be aware the size of PAX, I grossly underestimated the amount of people going and spent a lot of time missing things solely because I did not understand the amount of people coming.

>>9164544
As the other anon said I never knew /cgl/ to be big on PAX I think last year I went I met one or two guys and shared some beers at a pub. It was cool but nothing like a Otakon meetup with cgl
>>
>>9165759
get in friday afternoon or so and leave monday morning. grabbing a beer friday evening sounds dope.
>>
My chances to sell my extra badges seem slimmer as PAX draws close... Just not as much people to buy, then again it'll be my first time selling because my friends can't do Monday and I have a spare set.
>>
>>9165759
>>9165884
Friday or Saturday's good for me. I've got two parties I wanted to hit up on Sunday, but that's it.

Has anyone done the Thursday night board games? I'm thinking about checking it out after helping to set up, but I don't know. Are there a lot of people usually?
>>
I'll be Chiaki from Dangan Ronpa 2 and Max from Life is Strange. They're both comfy and easy to walk around in, but not super exciting.
>>
>>9165796
>nothing like a Otakon meetup with cgl
well yeah, pax isn't anime- or japan-culture-based.

i wouldnt really call it a cosplay con either even though i've seen some of the best cosplay ever at pax.
>>
>>9165902
I'm sure it'll be easier to sell them on site. People tend to be happier to buy from non-scalpers if they can.
>>
>>9165968
I'm glad to see a DR cosplayer! I went in 2013 and only saw a bunch of Junkos. Hopefully with the currently running anime, I'll be able to find more DR2 characters
>>
>>9165907
>>9165759
Friday seems chill.

Message me on kik? Name "kreossheathendropper"

Sidenote bringing a fair amount of tabletop games
>>
>>9163249
I would not call the gas mask comfy.
My Mr. Foster cosplay is based on the KF2 Mr. Magma skin. Which now I have to put in my luggage along with the stack of Dosh I printed out last year.
>>
Oh neeto, thats cool! We have some dosh from the trip wire panel two Pax's ago. Hopefully we'll see you there.
>>
http://www.mcmenamins.com

This Apparently this is a good spot
>>
I'm going as gremlin/umaru d.va tomorrow. Comfy and easy cosplay. I saw a great Junkrat and Mercy today, hope to see a lot more overwatch this weekend.
>>
who is the qt dude junkrat here & are you single
>>
My friend and I are going to six arms at 830 if anyone wants to meet
>>
@the riverboat skinned mccree, I love you and want to kiss your perfectly done facial hair
>>
Why are there no parties at this thing?
>>
>>9170919
There is a few tomorrow night I heard
>>
>>9170919
There's been a ton, look at the site? They're all listed
>>
Do any gulls want to hang out? I don't have a badge but I was at Japan Fair and I want to hang out with somebody. It's too early to go home.

no bully pls
>>
All of the D.VA cosplayers looked like shit and had those cheap suits. I saw maybe one with the armor.
>>
Gonna be going to PAX South in my Enterprise uniform as really no one knows about the show and Enterprise had the coolest and most modern looking uniforms.

Also gonna be wearing my NX-01 hat.
>>
Is there any news on PAX East 2017?
>>
Someone please dump pics. I forgot to take any like a scrub.
>>
>>9160787
I like to grab girls' butts and pussies at Pax because it bills itself as such a "safe space" convention, especially if they're in dresses

haven't been caught yet, wish me luck again this year seagulls
>>
>>9176150
Weak bait.
>>
>>9176217
seriously

What were your favourite demos?

In order

>YIIK
>Night into the Woods
>Wandersong
>Read Only Memories
>revolution 1979
>va11halla
>secret garden
>west of loathing
>luna

Was good/Ok
>rock band with coworkers
>starr mazer
>Dog sledding game
>The Rabbit and the Owl
>KH 2.8
>zodiac age

>why did nintendo suck
>barely any sun/moon
>where's Zelda breath of fresh air

Honorable mention
>demo where I pushed a car for 4 days straight to get those damn FFXV shirts
>changed the rules to getting a shirt ticket every day God damn Squeenix
>why didn't I do the rick and morty VR
>>
There was a girl I saw Sunday or Monday wearing a cute classic coord with an ivory Bbtsb OP and straw hat! I wasn't expecting to see lolitas, I don't remember if she was in Seattle comm or not, but 'm dying to know the name of the print, she said it was older like 2006. Was working so didn't get a pic...
>>
I'm trying to find something to cosplay for it (first time going to pax) but I can't find anything good in upcoming games to do. I guess I'll keep looking through my game list and see what's good.

Which devs are gonna be there? Maybe I'll get an idea from that.
>>
>>9176342
anon I have bad news for you
>>
>>9176342
>>9176683
I'm laughing so hard, my Fucking sides
>>
>>9176683
>>9176966
you guys do know there's a pax in australia that's coming up soon too right
>>
>>9176334
I saw a girl in lolita with a straw hat and cute op on monday! I wasn't super impressed with the coord (she had dark brown shoes and weird white w/ brown spots knee highs iirc that didn't match the rest of her very light colored coord very well) but i never got a good/close look so i might have missed something. Butyeah, The print was pretty cute.
>>
>>9177123
I think they were thrown off since it's assumed this thread is for PAX Prime
>>
I honestly dont cosplay at pax because of the crowd, and id rather be able to run around playing all the demos, getting all the swag, and meeting new people. Plus its hard to enter competitions in a cosplay thats decent. Maybe someday Ill make a cosplay that is cool yet comfortable and movable in.
>>
>>9177134
I figured out the print, it was alice & bambi from baby and it had ivory and brown. She came up to my booth and I thought she coorded decently?

>mfw I want it now
>it's from 2004
>help
>>
>>9177464
My first PAX

>minimal amount of cosplayers
>most of the the cosplayers brought their A game
>no weeb retards or 13 yo running amok
>people only smelled bad on monday
>excellent crowd management in comparison to AX that I just attended
>professional atmosphere

I thought I was over the con scene, I was just over anime cons.
>>
>>9177500
Pax is fucking awesome dude. If you're trying to cosplay or just plain socialize it can be hard since it's so big and busy but there are definitely options. There's just way more to DO at Pax and more interesting things to do in general. And like you said everything is handled professionally.

Pax has more of a normie population too so less bad hygiene and loud displays of awkwardness.
>>
>>9177500

>>9177622
This right here. Plus non-anime conventions like PAX or scifi/fantasy cons are generally populated by the older, wiser sorts of nerds who are way less annoying about their hobbies than the weaboos. Fewer of them cosplay but those that do have been doing it for years and produce quality work.
>>
Was anyone else surprised by security this year for Pax Prime? I only went fri and sat but I got checked once for my badge on saturday and left and entered the con multiple times (was wearing a cosplay that day and kept my badge around my wrist so it wasn't very visible.)
>>
>>9181921
I had the opposite experience. The door people were asking to see badges and holding up attendees who didn't have them visible pretty much everywhere I went all weekend
>>
>>9160790
Came to post this.

Cosplay is always cool to see at any con, but PAX is a place for playing games, standing in lines, and going to panels. They don't do photoshoots. They don't have a spacious area for cosplayers. The show floor is always so fucking packed that you can't pose anywhere. And everyone is constantly heading somewhere, so they don't stop to take photos of cosplayers.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.