[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know there's a hair thread already but I specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: hair.jpg (15KB, 129x252px) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
15KB, 129x252px
I know there's a hair thread already but I specifically want to talk about hair coloring/bleaching.
If you color/bleach your hair, do you get it done at a salon? Or do you use box dyes? Do you have any recommendations? Also, has anyone tried Etude House's boxes?
Thinking about bleaching my hair, but every time I try to get it done by a hair stylist, they try to argue me out of getting it all one color (they will leave in dark strips to make it look more natural), when I really want it all the same color.
>>
doesn't hair coloring/bleaching damage your hair over time?

why not invest in a wig?
>>
>>9149371
Don't get grocery store box dyes. Those are the worst for your hair. I did use Etude House's bubble dyes once. It was okay. Application was easy enough, but the color didn't come out quite like I was hoping. It didn't seem very damaging, so that was good.

If I dye my hair at home, I always end up buying salon quality dyes. I'd say if you are looking o dye it at home, do some research like on YouTube. I really, though, would recommend not bleaching at home. Unless you really know what you are doing. I've been through it with my sister and while I am quite experienced with dying and I researched bleaching a lot, it's not something I'd recommend for someone inexperienced. Some people's hair just doesn't lift as well as others. Depending on how light you want to go, you may have to have several bleachings with weeks inbetween (so you might have some awkward haircolors for a bit).
>>
>>9149371
>>9149432

As far as salons go, read reviews if you can and go for a consultation. Make sure to tell the stylist what you want and be firm in what you want. If that person wants you as a repeat customer, they will do what you want. Most dye customers repeat every 4 to 6 weeks. Also make sure to let them know your existing dye history, if you have one. A lot of people don't tell their stylist that they used a box dye or whatever and it can really affect how your new color comes out. I used to manage a store with a salon and one of the issues we'd have a lot is people not being honest about what's on their hair. Stylists can tell.

For aftercare, make sure to use good, quality shampoos and conditioners. I personally like Kendra and Joico the most. Treat yourself to some nice conditioning treatments and you are good to go. I dye my hair pretty often because I hate my natural color and it always looks good and healthy because I take care of it. I only wash twice a week, because your hair does need it's own natural oils. Good, quality products will keep the color from fading and also keep it looking vibrant.
>>
>>9149371
This is relevant to hair, you could've posted this in one of the two hair threads. Now we have 3 threads about hair when they all could've gone into one hair general.

Box color is not going to bleach your hair. If you have dark hair and are trying to get light, you need to bleach it first before applying color. Bleaching is best done by a professional. If you have never done it before then there's a very good chance you will either fry your hair and/or end up with a streaky, patchy bleach job. Both of these end in regret. Let a professional bleach and tone to the level you want, and then you can maintain the roots at home since that's significantly easier than trying to bleach your whole head of hair.

I have not used Etude House's products but I can say that almost all box-anything (bleach, color) is usually really bad for your hair in the long run. It's really much better to invest in professional grade products. Go visit Sally's and talk to a beautician there.

I cannot stress enough that you really, really should have a professional colorist bleach your hair. If you don't want highlights/lowlights just fucking tell the stylist you don't want them. Salons will correct your hair for free if they do something to it that makes you unhappy with the result.
>>
Just one advice! NEVER EVER HOMEBLEACH.

I did homebleaching only once, yes the outcome was pretty and I liked it, but NO color was able to it anymore. I had some real problems when finally going to a hairsalon to get me grey hair. If you want to get your hair bleached save the 40-80$ it takes and go to a salon.
>>
>>9149374
Normal people don't wear wigs every day.
>>
Home bleaching isn't really that hard. Get a good brand of bleach though. It's going to smell aweful and feel slightly itchy (I usually end up getting some on my scalp so it may be from that though)
wear a crappy shirt, and once bleach is in put on either a shower cap or wrap a plastic shopping bag around your hair as a makeshift one. Just because of the fumes have a fan blowing on your face during the process time. I have sensitive eyes so I always do this. Follow the directions and after 20 minutes take a peak, if still not enough wait another 10. Don't go over 40 minutes ever. Rinse well and apply a deep conditioning hair mask to help your hair repair.
I bleach mine maybe twice a year max and dye it at least once a month. I change colors a lot. Red dyes stay in longest and are hardest to bleach out.
Whatever you do-DO NOT BUY SPLAT, that shit is horrible for your hair and bleeds like a cunt. Their bleach is extremely strong and burns like hell, it does work great but it's not worth the damage to your hair. The dyes all suck though and even short hair sometimes needs 2 bottles of their shit.

For weird colors Manic Panic and Punky Colors are both really awesome and bright.
>>
>>9149467
>box color doesn't bleach hair
Uh it literally has bleach and dye as a one step process. Have you ever looked at a box dye before? They all have bleach. They also tell you what to buy if you have dark hair. It's on the package.
>>
>>9149490
That sounds like an issue with what you did and how you dyed the hair in the end. Home bleaching works fine, your experience is what lacked.
>>
>>9149536
No, I used Schwarzkopf Mousse to bleach and literally everyone I know who bleaches at home has issues with color not sticking to the hair anymore after a while or just being on for a few days.

Before bleaching it, I used to have a pink dip dye with directions on my normal unbleached blonde hair und it always lasted for about 6weeks without redyeing it. After bleaching it, it never really et into my hair again. Same goes for my turn at the salon, it took them more than 4hours to get the grey into the lower, self bleached, half of my hair. I'm glad that this part has already grown out pretty far so in 2 years or so it won't give me any problems anymore
>>
if you get your hair bleached find a salon tat uses olaplex or something similar as it'll stop your hair from being damaged as much
>>
File: tumblr_o0ltj6cIc21qeufy0o1_1280.jpg (174KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0ltj6cIc21qeufy0o1_1280.jpg
174KB, 900x675px
>>9149535
they mean you cant just buy a lighter colour when you have darker hair, you need to pre lighten it yourself. jeeze
>>
>>9149543
It sounds like your hair was too porous to take the color, this usually happens when you put your hair through a lot of shit (like chemicals or heat). You can do a protein treatment to get your hair to take color again. I went from asian black to level 1 platinum blonde and stayed there for over a year. Color does not stick at all to the ends unless I protein treat it first.
>>
I've never had my hair bleached at a salon, but that's mainly because I'm a broke bitch.
I can think of one or two times that I've had problems with bleaching. The first was when I was bleaching my tips so I could color them. The issue was that I'd dyed the rest of my hair black with a really poor quality dye, and no matter how much I washed my hair the black dye kept running, so that really wasn't the bleach's fault.
The next was a pretty minor thing which has more to do with me than anything. When I tried to touch up my roots after 10,000 years I got some of the dye on my already dyed-blonde hair, so of course it went lighter than the rest of my hair and looked a bit weird.
So, in short I've never had anything go wrong that was the actual bleach's fault. Get it done in a salon if you have the money, but as long as you buy a treatment along with your dye and use a decent conditioner you'll be fine.
>>
>>9149592
I have really healthy hair and I literally went from ash blonde to sth strawberry blonde. Anyway, I'll never ever home bleach again, it's not worth it. I'll better save some of my money and go to see a hairstylist every once in a while.
>>
>>9149435
Kendra. You mean Kenra. Used to work for their national director of education. Hairdresser here. Listen to this anon. Bring in lots of pics, be firm, but also, all for ideas. If you're in doubt. Don't be afraid of walking away. It's your hair. It's your money. But also recognize that sometimes what the client wants and what is possible are completely different things.
That being said, ask for a consult before hand. If there person you've chosen balks at that idea, then say no. Clearly they're not interested in what you want.
>>
>>9149535
No, it doesn't. It's not a decolorizer. Hair color/dye is that. Color or dye. Note the lack of the word decolorizer or bleach.
>>
How do you find a stylist if you're a loser with no friends to give you recommendations? I don't even have female coworkers so I can't ask around for tips in my workplace.
>>
>>9149865
My friends have silky Asian hair or thick and coarse curls, which I don't have, so I just use Yelp or another review site. If you're going to a new salon, always go with one of the top tier stylists. It'll give you an idea of the salons standards.
>>
>>9149567
Opalex is great! Also matrix color graphics. The option of built in toners is great, so if you have red hair your first lift do a green toner, second session of lift do a blue/purple toner to cancel out the yellows. (Aka basic color theory)

Redkin lift pretty much sucks but if your have vergin hair it won't damage too badly as long as it's blue flash.
Just what every any of you do please do not expect to get white hair lifting it once. Do it is 2-3 sessions and give your hair a minimum of 4 days of rest. That way your scalp can rest, also doing a deep conditioner after each lift will help. If you are at home bleaching (I am in no way saying you should) use the deep conditioner to give your hair some needed strength. I suggest either kenra or it's a 10 deep conditioner.
>>
>>9149865
Check out styleseat you can look at portfolios of stylists in your area and see what their specialties are.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.