[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 34

File: DearSir.jpg (139KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
DearSir.jpg
139KB, 480x640px
Old thread:
>>9091809

Sherlock Holmes has found his way into lolita-edition
>>
>>9097836
how long before we see a superwholock coord
>>
bump bc people are still using the old thread for some reason
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
>>9097836
this opens the door for more doctor who bullshit and I am not happy about it
>>
>>9097836
Nice idea but it looks like that shitty, thin, shiny material used on the harry potter print. What a fucking waste, they need to get back to their roots
>>
What's with AatP doing so many steam dresses lately?
>>
>>9097836
I can't defend AatP when they keep doing stuff like this. What happened to them?
>>
>>9098507
They're trying to fill a niche that I don't think they realize doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>9097836
-Wizarding Platform
-The Ticking Clock
-Dear Sir

Aatp seems to be heavy on the London themed prints this year. What's next? Jack the Ripper? A Christmas Carol?
>>
What are your favorite etsy shops for accessories? Particularly sweet lolita but I'm open to others.
>>
>>9097836

Dayum. Whatever the fuck they're smoking, keep me away from it.
>>
>>9098529
Jack the Ripper coord might actually be an... Intriguing gothic coord. And very good for guro.
>>
>>9098235
>mystery on baker street
>not doing a fucking Gerry Rafferty coord
This is proof you let tumblr ruin things for you.
>>
>>9098564
moonbunny has really high quality stuff.
>>
File: dalek.png (470KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
dalek.png
470KB, 479x640px
>>9097836
>>9097837
For a second I thought one of the newspaper blobs was a Dalek silhouette and was a little worried.
>>
>>9098581
how edgelord would it be considered if someone came out with a serial killer line? I want a Ted Bundy dress. And a BTK jsk.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468305631674.jpg (47KB, 670x400px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468305631674.jpg
47KB, 670x400px
What's JetJ's sizing like? Is it true to the measurements listed on their site? I've heard that newer JetJ runs a bit bigger. I have a 69cm waist and 83cm bust for reference. I once had a size 2 OP but it was pre-2012 and was huge on me, especially the bust.

Pic related, I'm looking to reserve this rerelease.
>>
>>9097836
Oh hey that looks interes-- well hello there puppy dog. ~sigh~
>>
>>9098671
Which OP was it? From more recent reviews I have read, their measurements run true, I have not heard this complaint about them before now.
>>
>>9097836
I can't believe Violet Fane thinks baby stole their idea lol
>>
>>9098671

Sorry for being indelicate, anon, I think it's your bust size that's throwing things off. You might want to consider ordering a size 1, but forking out the money to get the waist altered an inch or two bigger and see if that suits you better (or get the larger size and have them altered locally if your tailor charges less than JetJ and does good work).

I'm 70cm waist and 92cm bust and have always requested the bust altered one inch bigger. The one time I didn't request it the darn dress boobloafed me and I ended up selling it. I don't think the sizes run big at all.
>>
>>9098671
Size 2 runs big, idk about 1
>>
>>9098671
JetJ's sizing is all over the place. But from my experience the waist usually runs 1-2cm smaller and the bust 1-2cm larger. When you place your order get a size 1 and leave the note that you would like to have 2-3cm to the waist added so you will be able to breathe. JetJ usually does small alterations on reserve items when you kindly ask them to.
>>
>>9098696
Same, I laughed so hard that she even had the balls to post that. Like baby/aatp don't have these ideas created months before it even hit her tiny brain cell. Hell, it's even seen in other brands like AP, that were already doing photo shoots for their 2016 Autumn/Winter Releases months before summer even hit their damn country.

Half the brands have similar motifs/themes in their dresses--so we're going to tell off Leur Getter for doing a Swan dress after AP announced Milky Swan? How dare Aatp do a peter pan dress when RPA did one?
>>
>>9097836
At least the ouji set is adorable?
>>
>>9098730
I'm afraid it's going to look cheap if it's just a printed pattern instead of a real woven one.
>>
>>9098673
Damn it, I didn't see the dog until you pointed it out. I thought the print was pretty cool and was only worried about the fabric...
>>
...I want it. I wanted the HP print too (because trains, not so much HP) but was put off by the way the print was horribly cut off at the seams. It looks like they fixed that issue with this one.

Talk me out of it pls
>>
>>9098687
Unfortunately I can't find it on Lolibrary. I remembered the waist fitting me comfortably (I was chubbier at the time as well) but was it was so loose at the top. Even the shoulders of the dress were floating.
>>9098704
No harm done, I appreciate your advice. I don't want to make a mistake - my last JetJ purchases were a while ago and both did not turn out well for me.

I forgot that they did minor alterations. Your advice echos >>9098719 so it sounds like this will be the most sensible way to go about it.

Thank you guys!
>>
>>9097836
It's sad that AatP's prints are now worse than the lowest tier Taobao prints
>>
>>9098758
If you have to get it wait awhile. In theory it'll drop in value and honestly AatP isn't worth the price first hand. Their quality was never fantastic and I don't think it has improved over the years.
>>
>>9098510
Idk most of the ones they've come out with prior seem to be selling pretty well
>>
>>9098500
It's not, it's chiffon.

I've noticed people say new aatp dresses are made out of that material a lot, when they're made of chiffon. Y'all realize they say on the site what it's made of, right?
>>
Anyone got a shipping notification for British Bear yet?
>>
Does anyone know where to buy nice harry potter/slytherin accessories (in EU)? I'm not about wearing plastic shit with lolita which is mostly what I've found

>>9097836
I love the dog
>>
>>9098605
thanks! the shop looks really cute!
>>
>>9098630
>ted bundy and BTK
>not going with a loliable serial killer
We need someone more ladylike
>>
>>9098696
I laughed so hard when I saw that. It's just a coincidence. It's not like Sherlock Holmes is a very obscure novel that no ones ever heard of.
>>
>>9097836
Superwholock coord when?
>>
File: lWcRMdU.jpg (77KB, 507x694px) Image search: [Google]
lWcRMdU.jpg
77KB, 507x694px
>>9098930
Elizabeth Bathory?
>>
>>9098949
Mary I and Isabella of Castille are also good choices.
>>
>>9097836
Some girl complains Baby stole her print
>>
>>9098949
That's Princess Elizabeth of England, anon...
>>
>>9098964
THIS is what's said is being stolen? I'm so offended, this is awful.
>>
>>9098969
I think she's praising herself by even thinking Baby would steal her fugly photoshopped crap.
>>
File: elizabeth+bathory-500x626.jpg (58KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth+bathory-500x626.jpg
58KB, 500x626px
>>9098949
>obsessed with youth and beauty
>bathing in virgin blood
Perfect
>>
>>9098973
Inb4 Baby boycott?
>>
>>9098964
They look nothing alike, asides from both having a Sherlock Holmes theme.
>>
>>9098974
That's not her either, that's a Bronzino painting of Lucrezia Panciatichi and it was painted around 1545 in Italy. Bathory wasn't born until around 1560 and lived in the area of Hungary/Slovakia. For some reason the internet likes to think any renaissance lady with a serious face and a red dress is a wacky blood bathing serial killer.
>>
>>9098758
>>9098529

Speaking of Wizarding Platform, can anyone give a review on the quality? I want it, but I really need to see detail shots.
>>
For what few gulls use MLD instead of taobao, I urge you to take caution. They seem entirely unable to give refunds when something goes wrong (in my cause misordering a preorder I made in January ) and have been giving me the run around for several days, promising that the refund will go through shortly. Naturally this run around extended beyond the paypal 180 days so I can't use them as recourse.

Yes, I'm a dumbass, but if I can keep other people from learning the same dumbass lesson as me then I will. Learn taobao (as I have since done) or be willing to take a gamble. MLD can't seem to handle when things go wrong.
>>
>>9099002
>using MLD at all
oh anon
>>
>>9099012
Like I said, I was a dumbass and have since learned to use taobao instead. New lolitas get suckered in because of the ease of her service compared to navigating taobao. I was one of them until I taught myself. You can mock me for my stupidity but I'm well aware of it already.
>>
>>9099002

Thanks for the heads up. I had her down as an alternative to clobbao for brands like Krad Lanrete that are impossible to get otherwise, now I'll know to be careful.
>>
>>9099016
Wait what. New lolita here. Was gonna buy some blouses from them in a month could someone give me some info cause ive been lurking around and have gotten mixed reviews about them. Let me learn from you anon.
>>
>>9099055
Not that anon, but just buy the blouses by finding the original stores on Taobao and using a shopping service such as Taobaoring. It's cheaper and not that hard.
>>
>>9099055
MLD is a taobao reseller, basically they buy the dresses from other shops to send to you. This means bad things can happen since the dress is being sent from a middle man and not an official store.

Generally all their dresses are priced higher than they are on taobao because you're paying for the "convenience" of not having to use an SS to buy your clothes, but using an SS is really not that hard.

All that said I have bought from MLD a few times and actually never had a problem and was always answered quickly when I sent an email.
>>
>>9098988
Right? There are tons of Sherlock dresses already. She's delusional.
>>
>>9099057
Not them but I've had issues with Taobaoring and Toabaotrends. Buynosaur was pretty great but now everyone hates them so I can't tell for sure and I only used them once... where I tried TBR and TBT more than once and got shit service every time.
>>
>>9099055
I'm >>9099002
Basically they accidentally had the wrong size made for my order and offered to have it remade only to turn around and say they couldn't do that either. They happily agreed to a refund but it's been days since they "put in the request" for it.

I second what >>9099057 says. Just search on taobao for the orginal seller and use a SS. I now use Spreenow and haven't had a problem. Besides like >>9099059 said, I later discovered she jacks up the price from anywhere between $20-$40 extra not including shipping.
>>
>>9099002
I've used MLD twice, once was for my first dress because I was not ready for taobao, and I was given a partial refund for that dress because it arrived with manufacturing flaws. The second was for a preorder that quickly sold out on taobao but MLD was able to get extra slots from the brand. I know they have had extended reservation periods for other releases too. So there are times when MLD is useful, they're not an untrustworthy site just overpriced like all resellers.
>>
>>9099066
Isn't it normal for something like that too take a few days?
>>
File: possibly elizabeth.jpg (36KB, 644x364px) Image search: [Google]
possibly elizabeth.jpg
36KB, 644x364px
>>9098989
Is this her?
>>
>>9099066
Considering taobaoring, i just signed up but im still looking around. Im in nor cal so i dont have any lolita comms to attach to irl and i wont do facebook groups (drama and extra salt from what ive seen) so im pretty dead in the water here info wise. Since im such a noob i was going to use mld until i got some better footing in the community and have at least one coord. Is this a terrible idea and i dont know because i am a noob?
>>
>>9098968
I'm glad someone noticed too.
>>
>>9098949
I would love this.
>>
Has Saisai in Camden market approvef anything in the last couple of years or do they still sell 90% shit? Their website seem to sell Infanta or some taobao brand.
>>
This got me thinking. What if someone bought up Taobao dresses, made improvements to them and sold them for more? Everyone's always saying that TB dresses have such horrid quality..
>>
>>9099064
As a counterpoint, I've had great customer service with TBR. They've helped me out anytime I've had a problem. They've helped with returns and preorders, and have asked the sellers questions about their items and future releases for me. But your experience may vary.
>>
>>9099131
Website is accurate they do indeed sell infanta and some taobao stuff- it's a little overpriced but no more expensive than the lace monsters really... I figured it was better than paying ss fees, shipping and risking customs for one dress anyways, especially as I got to try on the JSK.
>>
>>9099098
Depending on where in nor cal you are you could join the SF comm?
>>
>>9099093
Yes!
>>
I'm looking to follow more artists/illustrators who do lolita or more general j-fashion stuff, but I only really know Imai Kira, Mitsukazu Mihara and Sakizou, and Western artists like Loputyn and Gloria Copetillo. Do you guys know other good artists, or where I could start looking for them?
>>
>>9099098
Sacramento has a comm. Portland has a comm, between those, San Fran, San Jose and the scattered events that happen all the fuck over, you have options.
>>
I'm going to BABY SF and Angelic Pretty SF in a month. Bad idea to wear taobao tea party replicas, y/n?
>>
>>9099198
Sf is like 5 hours or so away from me. Id love to join the fb group if i actually could go visit sometimes and go to meets but since poorfag for now id feel terrible and half assed about just joining a fb group. Local community is nonexistant for here it seems and i dont want to be a fb lolita or a lolita at heart. Any direction would be appreciated, looked up local comm in my area via the comm list but nothing local.
>>
>>9099064
In using taobaotrends right now and they're amazing. Super fast, great communication.
>>
>>9099247
What? Dude, they would always say no to like half my items and I only buy from stores using the spreadsheet. Same thing with TBR.
>>
>>9099241
In just the store? I wore Normie/weeb clothes to both a few different occasions. Btssb was always nice although I always shelled out on a few dresses. AP bearly noticed I was there
>>
>>9099098
I learned by lurking here, honestly. Which is kind of tough, especially with trolls who don't even like the fashion just shit up threads.
>>
>>9099242
haha I bet you're in Redding. Save any money you can and get the fuck out of there. You can be a lolita later.
>>
>>9099254
Yeah, just the store. Don't want to get banhammered if AP realizes I'm wearing a counterfit version of their shoes lol. I might just end up wearing normie/weeb clothes when I go though, since it'll be immediately after a 6-8 hour drive.
>>
>>9099093
I can get behind this.
Imagine her portrait with heavy ibspirations from Elizabeth bride print.
>>
>>9099093
Without the blood tub she's just another noble woman. I'd like a 'The Death of Marat' vibe.
>>
>>9099214
I'm currently loving Tania Piccolo's art (Storm Neverland) on facebook. she has currently a few lolita comics up
>>
>>9099250
Are they saying no because the items aren't available? Because that's normal... SS don't have control over what items they can and can't buy. Sage because this should probably go in the TB thread
>>
>>9099330
I've asked about it before and the consensus was that they are slow to putting in my order for some reason and the item sold out.
That says they're shitty to me.
>>
>>9099140
Seconding this. A coat I ordered arrived, they noticed it wasn't at all like what I ordered and comtacted me asking what I wanted to do. They get an A+ for customer service from me
>>
>>9099374
Well I dunno what to say. Maybe they got better. I ordered some pre-order stuff recently and I emphasized that time was of the essence, they put the order in in 24hrs
>>
>>9099135
It would never work, let alone be profitable. By the time they bought the dresses and altered them (and altering is often harder than making the dress initially) the price would skyrocket. On top of that a lot of the problem is material quality which can't be fixed anyway.

Plus not all taobao is bad. There are stores that sell complete garbage, some that sell low end but acceptable stuff, and some that sell really nice stuff.
>>
>>9099135

I just find it ironic that the one thing you want to fix, the construction, is the one thing taobao brands are on par with the main brands -- most of these dresses are mass produced in a factory and put together pretty decently.
>>
File: tmp_15354-image-662996026.jpg (67KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15354-image-662996026.jpg
67KB, 400x400px
I want Meta to start making sweet-gothic.
>>
>>9099098
I use tbr and like it but you really should take this to the TB thread
Polite sage for OT
>>
>>9098838
Have you seen how tacky and shiny some chiffon prints are IRL though? It's a big problem with a lot of cheap offbrand
>>
File: h.NAOTO living online.jpg (73KB, 249x624px) Image search: [Google]
h.NAOTO living online.jpg
73KB, 249x624px
This popped up on my feed. They weren't always my cup of tea but this makes me sad.

At least they're not properly dead, right?
>>
>>9098973
Let's be honest, the AatP's one is so horrible that this print actually looks nicer. The quality and construction would be much worse though of course.
>>
>>9099856
They're a shit brand anyway. Buying taobao shit and then gluing some gears on it and mark-up 500%.
>>
>>9099856
Naoto-san has been traveling globally a lot the past few years. Maybe he's just discovering that store-rent in Japan is not the best way to market his brand? His releases have been steady.
>>
>>9099909
What are you talking about about? All of the clothes I have from them are way better than my taobao stuff and AP.
>>
What makes a lolita group "good"?
>>
Here we go again.
>>
>>9099909
Do you actually own anything by them? I have some of their stuff that has held up amazingly over the years, they have some amazing detailing.

Though I don't have too much interest in their steam stuff I'm happy they're going online rather than disappearing BPN style.

>>9100008
Rude to Chinese lolitas buy still pander to them.
>>
File: 1467010837117.png (946KB, 1400x5552px) Image search: [Google]
1467010837117.png
946KB, 1400x5552px
>>9100008
Getting kinda tired of this shit. Honestly, fuck people who abandon their people for another country and demand respect. Traitors should die, so fuck you nasty chink bitch.
Chinese are horrible.
>>
>>9099214
Hatter Charles on tumblr is pretty good
>>
>>9100008
No Sana drama again please
>>
>>9100038
Is she ever going to go away? People have complained so much, she got into so much trouble last time that korean girl sent a very angry letter to Isobe and she was even suspected of stealing stock. I can't believe she is still there and that still nobody can touch her.
>>
>>9099241
>>9099277
Honestly, I don't think you'll have a problem as long as you're courteous and not a weirdo or loitering. I went to both BtSSB SF and AP SF in March when I was visiting friends in the area. I looked like a complete normie (as in, t-shirt, jeans, etc. We had been walking around all day and it had also been raining, so honestly I probably looked like a complete mess) and my normie friends came with me into the shops, yet everyone was really nice to me.

I don't think they really care what you look like as long as you're buying something and/or are obviously a lolita. Maybe I just had a lucky experience, but I honestly can't imagine them banning you for wearing replica teaparties when you go shopping at their store. They might give you a side eye if you came in wearing a replica main piece, but I think you'll be fine with just shoes.

If they did make any comments or ask anything about your shoes for some reason, just say that they were a gift from a family member or that you didn't want to wear out your AP ones by walking around SF all day or something. Honestly I don't think you'll have a problem though.
>>
>>9100020
>Chinese laws don't adequately punish scammers and people take advantage of this
>every chinese person is scum of the earth
I'm sorry but I don't really follow your logic anon. I have to interact with people from all over the world due to my job and I've never found chinese people to be any worse behaved than people from any other third world country.
>>
>>9099909
So dumb
>>
>>9100053
I thought that she left and that baby staff were just continuing to use the email account?
>>
>>9100008
kekked
>>
>>9099979
The answer depends on what you are looking for in a 'group'? Online or local comm group?
>>
>>9100008
>Sana
Deets on all her drama?
>>
>>9100008
Chinese are the worst thing ever. Those fuckers have no souls. I can understand the hate 100% and salute her for being so honest.
>>
>>9099440
I'm actually tired of the blanket "all taobao is trash" mentality. It's just not true.
>>
>>9100294
spotted the poorfag
>>
File: bait.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>>9100302
Spotted the troll.
>>
>>9100055
Thanks for the reassurance, anon :)
>>
File: baby.jpg (400KB, 1232x960px) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
400KB, 1232x960px
Another "BABY staff is rude to international customers" post (this time on RC:U). Thoughts?

Personally I want to see the emails from the girl (and know how many she sent because I'd also be pissed if someone spammed the shit out of me).
>>
>>9100393
I agree. Baby is a company and it must get irritating having people email you constantly.
>>
>>9100399
That Kitty girl was annoying. "Replace "Chinese people" with "American people" and see if it sounds racist to you :)" It... does not.

The second email ("This is a tendency to be seen among Chinese customers very well") isn't racist at all. It's just a statement. If the email spamming happened a lot with their Chinese customers mostly, I can see why they'd write the first email too. inb4 'racism is bad'
>>
>>9100402
I agree. It's really not that bad. It's not like "we refuse to cater to Chinese". It's more like "Give us a second to respond pls"
>>
>>9100393
>>9100399

I agree someone spamming the shit out of you constantly and I also really want to see the emails...but how autistic do you have to be to think saying "CHINESE PPL R SCURY PLEASE RELAX!!!" is the opposite of an okay thing to say as an international business?

Anyways, I see the email is from Sana - isn't she notorious/infamous for being hilariously shit at customer service? I think didn't Rosaire have problems with her? (granted, I would have problems with R as well but regardless)

How big is Baby's presence in China compared to AP? Do you guys think this will hurt their Chinese sales? AP seems to pay enough attention to them in regards to releases and re-releases, but I wasn't sure if it was just AP that was super popular in particular with the chinese lolitas or not. I wish CG was here to give is the ~deets~ on what the chinese girls are saying about this.
>>
>>9100408
I meant to say that I agree that someone spamming the shit out of you is annoying*
>>
>>9100402
Nah, that's still pretty fuckin racist. It doesn't matter which nationality/race she uses, as a professional who interacts with customers of a variety of different backgrounds, she's not supposed to say things that people can take personally, and people take race/ethnicity VERY personally.

I get the skepticism, though. This is coming off the heels of another event related to Chinese lolitas that had a dubious amount of bias, since it was established that some Chinese lolitas had broken rules at events before. I think it just comes down to the fact that there are some shitty Chinese lolitas who are pretty much smearing ALL Chinese lolitas with their awful behavior i.e everything that happens to any group ever. It's probably not as targeted as this Kitty person is saying, but it doesn't change the fact that emails from Baby/Sana were really poorly worded offensive.
>>
>>9100408
Not autistic, just another type of Asian that's heard way worse. And I've noticed it's kind of common for my and other types of Asians to say, "Americans are ___" or whatever to an American (or other national/ethnic group) in response to whatever trait they have or thing they did. You can say it's racist, but that's how it is. I'm not commending that behavior, but it's nothing new so I'm not going to get butthurt about it.
>>
File: metaroseletter.jpg (42KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
metaroseletter.jpg
42KB, 300x400px
There's a girl in my comm who's offering a Metamorphose Rose Letter JSK for $180, but it's just been sitting in the sales for over a year now and the price has gone down from $250. Would it be rude of me to offer $150 dollars for it?
>>
Buying from qutie land. Good or bad idea?
>>
>>9100480
Try reading the archives first.
>>
>>9100480
Bad idea. You're better off just using a Taobao shopping service or ordering from Clobba
>>
>>9100464
there's one up on LM for $130 anon!
>>
File: Mocca_LS.png (1MB, 1000x955px) Image search: [Google]
Mocca_LS.png
1MB, 1000x955px
For you Lockshop Anon. It's really hard to tell in the photographs but I did my best.
>>
File: Black_LS.png (1MB, 1000x955px) Image search: [Google]
Black_LS.png
1MB, 1000x955px
>>9100524

Unfortunately, I don't have anymore dupe colorways. I honestly think the lighter colorways of the newer wigs look nicer overall than the darker.
>>
>>9100008
>>9100393
I don't believe the person had spammed at all.
That response is annoying as fuck.

I've personally emailed Japanese shops and shopping services (sometimes due to mandatory reply) and I've received automatic emails as soon as I submit saying something along the lines of "PLEASE BE PATIENT WE'RE WORKING ON IT" like...bitches I'm responding to you because it's REQUIRED of me, not because I want to fucking bug you or take you away from your work. I don't have a choice.
And obviously, when you email a business about an inquiry here in America it would be considered rude to implore someone to wait because the implication is that they're impatient as hell and won't be adult about the wait times.
Idk if it's a cultural thing, but I've noticed that pattern and I'd like to know if Japanese customers get the same type of treatment.
>>
>>9100415
Right, but you really don't think you're gonna piss a whole country of people off if you say directly to them "Chinese people are annoying as fuck and we're scared of them, so you need to calm down"??? Like, ANYBODY isn't gonna be happy about that. I'm sure if some Canadian business said that to an American customer there'd certainly be people pissed off about that. Whether or not it's "true", aside from the fact that you're painting everyone from one group the same color, it's just plain rude. That's it. If she didn't wanna look like a cunt about it a better way of wording that would've been something like: "I understand that sending multiple emails quickly may be a common social norm for you, but our business does not operate that way...[blah blah whatever]" Sana just has fucking shitty customer service skills in general plus it's not totally out of the ordinary for some Japanese people to have a nationalistic stance over other asian countries - I'm sure her dumb comments stem from that.
>>
>>9100540
Have you considered that you're reading those auto-replies in a "Be patient, peasant" tone versus a "Please wait for our reply :)" tone?
>>
>>9100554
No I realize it was an unprofessional and rude statement and I can see why people are upset. I just don't think it's "OMG SO FUCKING RACIST" like all of the lolitas performing outrage on the Rufflechat post.
>>
>>9100524
>>9100527
Having seen both old and new of both colors you listed I can definitely second this info, and honestly the older wigs are not much nicer because they still shed like a motherfucker. I was gifted one in the Mocca colorway about two years ago and it's the rattiest, most unmanageable wig I own, it's a major disappointment..
>>
>>9100555
>Please wait for our reply
Even if it were worded as pleasantly as you put it, it seems redundant and presumptuous to say crap like that to mandatory response emails.
>>
>>9100493
Oh, really? Thanks so much!
>>
>>9100582
That sucks anon, haven't had that issue with the lockshop wigs I own. I always comb through them and put them back in the packaging after I wear them, maybe that extends the life of the wigs.

I only recently touched up my oldest wig that had unpleasant feeling ends. It has new life after cutting the dead ends off and restyling it with a blow dryer and velcro rollers.

I will say my lockshop wigs definitely have outlasted my Gothic Lolita Wigs.
>>
>>9100609
> I always comb through them and put them back in the packaging after I wear them, maybe that extends the life of the wigs.
I do too, I own dozens of wigs and wear them for daily wear as well so I'm not exactly a newbie to wig care. When I pulled my wig out of the package it was a mess and hasn't stopped shedding since...and before anyone asks, even though it was a gift it was shipped to me directly, so my friend definitely didn't give me a used item.
>>
>>9100619
> When I pulled my Lockshit wig out of the package
Clarity probably not needed, but just in case.
>>
>>9100587
Eh, I really don't think it's a big deal.
Agree to disagree I suppose.
>>
>>9100408
>>9100414
>>9100540
I think the issue is just Engrish. Japanese does not translate well to English, especially when you are talking about connotation, phrasing, and cultural stuff like manners and greetings
>>
>>9099856
I was just about to post about this.
>>
>>9100393
China and Japan have always and will forever have this whole dispute thing. Its not just from one side.
>>
>>9099774
I like the way you think.
>>
>>9099774
I want meta to start making things that are actually decent first
>>
Would anyone happen to know the designer of this dress?
>>
>>9100675
Every East/Southeast Asian country and every other East/Southeast Asian country have disputes from each side.
>>
>>9100689
why are you asking the Lolita general?
>>
>>9100664
Yeah. And overseas lolitas expecting the same kind of "the customer is always right" service. I never expect that, so i'm not salty.
>>
>>9100626
I'm not saying it's a big deal. I'm saying it's annoying.

>>9100725
Yeah I worked in customer service for years and I think I would universally offend anyone if my customer emails came off that pushy regardless of translation. And there's no defending that crazed bitch Sana.
>>
On a scale of 1 to 10, how blasphemous would it be to make a tiny monster high puppet circus dress for this doll? Something along the lines of that "totally a parody guys" sailor moon print, but using the marionette illustrations from the play set box.
>>
>>9100891
I doubt anyone would care as long as it's for personal use
>>
>>9100555
Why do people attempt to read tones that aren't there on general?
It's a huge problem on this board and others.
>>
File: 20160713_214651.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160713_214651.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>9100897
Yeah, for personal use. I'd like to print or paint it myself if I'm able but we'll see how it goes. This is the image on the box for reference, I'm just debating if it's cute or tacky before I sink a lot of effort into it.
>>
>>9100393
I posted this but I changed my mind (kind of). I still don't really care, but I feel bad about not caring. It must have felt really shitty to receive that kind of reply from a rep of a brand that you admire/love. That being said, I'm still going to spend my money there :/
>>
>>9100958
1) There is a sticky thread here, read this before posting. You are off to a bad start already, newfriend (or)
2) begone troll.
>>
>>9100965
I j-just want to be apart of something I admire and love.
>>
>>9100891

What I noticed during the previous discussion is that most of the dissapproval seems to come from (a)an actual brand (as opposed to one fanartist) (b)selling the print commercially while (c)not getting licensing for selling it commercially, and (d)actually printing the name of the series on the skirt while not paying licensing. That, plus Sailor Moon isn't all that connected to circuses anyway.

If you're making a one-off for your own use you've pretty much avoided all these issues, so I say just go for it. It's more likely that MH fans don't recognise Puppet Circus anyway, I don't think collecting MH dolls is a very common lolita hobby.
>>
>>9100682
Nice b8 m8.
>>
>>9100679
Comfy, sturdy, and easy to care for - I love me some meta.
>>
File: 2016-07-14_18.20.16.jpg (785KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-14_18.20.16.jpg
785KB, 1080x1080px
Those timelines
>>
File: 2016-07-14_18.21.34.jpg (732KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-14_18.21.34.jpg
732KB, 1080x1080px
>>9101062
>>
>>9100540
Sounds to me like you're just looking to get offended.
>>
File: 2016-07-14_18.23.27.jpg (582KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-14_18.23.27.jpg
582KB, 1080x1080px
>>9101063
>>
File: B40DW601-w.jpg (92KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B40DW601-w.jpg
92KB, 480x640px
Might be OT, but what is everyone's favorite place to buy bloomers?
>>
>>9100689
Marchesa, but it doesn't belong on /cgl/. It's not a lolita dress and it isn't even J fashion, they're a new york based brand.
BTW, I googled this info for you in under 5 minutes.
>>
>>9101065
oh my god, i was wondering why frances sounded so familiar and the mention of mary kay did it for me. fucking pantyhose.
>>
>>9101071
She's come back. And she's in a few lolita groups currently. People think she is the reason that several lolita comms have been deleted over the past few days as she has tried to join and has been banned, then went on a rage reporting spree
>>
>>9101069
I have one pair of Baby bloomers and a one pair from f+f. I like both of them, the f+f pair has held nicely for three years now. I have used them a lot and of course washed a lot and they are still on quite fine condition. The Baby pair is a bit newer purchase so I can't say how they hold up on use, but I like how sturdy they are. Both are quite comfortable, but I have quite small waist and hips but thick tights. I would like to make a few pairs of fancy bloomers myself but I kinda suck at making them clean looking.
>>
>>9100393
Given that the girl was Chinese, I'm guessing she was probably spamming the fuck out of them. Chinese have no patience. Anyone who's had to deal with them knows what I'm talking about. They'll cut to the front of the line and raise a huge ruckus just to get a cheaper price on something. It's unreal. Wouldn't be surprised if they behaved in a similar way online.
Chinese are raised in this way where they view other human beings as competition rather than people, it's a part of their culture. They have a "get what you want through any means possible and fuck anyone who gets hurt. They couldn't one up you, therefore they're at fault" way of thinking about the world.
>>
>>9100408
Rosaire was a massive cunt through and through. She brought that shit entirely on herself by insulting her superior, then she threw a fit when she got her shit handed to her.
>>
>>9101090
I was leaning toward getting a pair from Baby (because I've already sold my soul to them no matter how assholish they can be), but I don't know if they're 9000 yen nice.
>>
>>9101097
I have super simple ones so I can't say for sure but they were absolutely 2500 yen nice lol. These have just lace ruffles in the back and lace at the hems. I wear lolita daily so less detailed means easier for me.
>>
>>9101107
Did you get them secondhand? :o Wunderwelt has a pair up for 4000 yen.
>>
>>9101091
life is short, you cant wait around for shit
>>
>>9101113
This. I jumped a line once because I needed to be back before my lunch hour was up. The Clerk did not care in the least but other people gave me the stink-eye and a couple of them made a remark but I didn't have to wait in a 30 minute line to pay my speeding ticket either. :^)
Always in a hurry.
sage for dumb but funny 'test the system' babble.
>>
Anyone ever use Spebid? Was browsing for new Japanese shopping services and came across them. They have a different system than most, $30/year and you don't have to pay a commission fee. This might actually work out well for me because I buy a ton of secondhand brand and the per item fee that most Japanese SS's have can really hurt, especially when I'm buying small items like accessories.
>>
>>9101122
>speeding ticket
>jumped a line
So not in america?
>>
>>9101065
>banned from 4chan
>acting like that would be a permanent thing
This is a fucking troll.
>>
>>9101130
Yes, in the US. Their call-in pay system was eternal busy signal and the county clerk was on my way so I just stopped in. Big line so I just took a deep breath and stepped to the window in front of someone instead of the back of the line.
>>
>>9101131
Haven't a few people had their IP address permanent-banned from repeated ban offenses? Sounds like that's what happened. If it's the same person then they have been baiting with the same off-topic fetishy topics for a long time. Repeat bans = perma-ban? I know someone who got banned for a week for repeat shit-posting but that's the longest I actually know of. The way they keep qualifying everything 'as a woman' just makes it sound like they are a cross dresser trying to convince themselves. If they have actual gender issues, this is NOT a healthy way to go about solving them so yes, ban is good.
>>
>>9101136

Can't you guys pay online?
>>
>>9101140
Not if you live in some smaller towns like mine. I still can't pay my water bill online here either, I have to call them or walk in.
>>
>>9101141
>smaller town
Oh, well. Now I don't give a shit.
>>
>>9101141
Man, that clerk was a cunt for serving you. I would have told your chink as to get to the back of the line or gtfo.
>>
>>9101137
>what is using a proxy
No one can be perma banned from 4chan unless their dumb newfag who can't into technology.
This is clearly a troll, so I'm gonna go with, that was a load of bullshit on their end and they know they aren't actually banned.
>>
>>9101144
Lmfao. Customer service rep here, would not let that shit fly. People used to pull this shit at the grocery store I worked in and no matter how big of hissy fit someone threw, they couldn't cut in line. The world doesn't cater to you and no one cares that your lunch break is gonna end soon. Boohoo for you.

I've been called racist several times because I chose to help the little old lady who could barely see first as opposed to the obnoxious asshole who needed his chicken tenders right now. Like no, you can wait your turn like everyone else in line who has to put up with your annoying presence.

If anything all that does is get you out faster because people want you to be gone.
>>
>>9101144
People behind me probably gave them grief about it. I think that's the only time I've cut a line though so I'm not terribly guilty over it. It was kind of funny to see the reactions though. People were clearly really furious but the actual outward reaction was really very small.
>>
>>9101145
I'm thinking this person might not be quite smart enough for that. But I don't see anything else that actually says it will result in a permanent ban besides ban evasion and the end rule about removing anyone for any reason.
>>
>>9101148
Some people aren't as dedicated as you though and don't really care. I have had people let me go first for things while dressed in lolita, even if they were waiting longer so sometimes the fashion is a perk in itself for that.
>>
>>9100393
I would also be irritated but no need to call out all chinese people like that. What would you say if Baby answered a complaint about sizing with "it's because Americans are fat" or something? There would be outrage even though we all know americans are the fattest people.
>>
>>9100715
way to lazily minimize because you don't know enough history. Japan has a specific past in believing that all other peoples are gross dumb animals (which can be used as government-sanctioned sex slaves, or subjects of horrific experimentation including fucking vivisection). Chinese and Korean people were constantly abducted or otherwise horribly aggressed by Japanese authorities. dehumanizing sentiments still exist against other races and nationalities, and though times have changed, the government is not big on making official apologies for past crimes against humanity. there is some serious bad blood there but the Japanese are generally silent about it.
>>
I use a fake name on ebay/etsy/LM and bought something custom made, as soon as I placed the order through paypal, the seller added me on Facebook through my paypal name which I find pretty fucked up.. surely there's gotta be some rule (even unspoken) about doing shit like that?
>>
Lol at the chink screaming about suing Baby over those emails. Good luck with the Japanese legal system hunty
>>
>>9100393
Can't form an opinion because I don't know the conditions. I don't know what the original email said or what the girl said too or how many times she had emailed to begin with.

Not only that, but it's translated. Would like smilies and emoticons help?
>>
>>9101227
They probably want to advertise to you on Facebook. No rule against it, but it was kinda a jerk move.
>>
>>9101270
It's not translated. Baby communicates with their Chinese (and other international) customers in English. That way they only need to hire a bilingual Japanese/English staff instead of also having someone who specializes in Japanese / Chinese too.
>>
>>9101229
Ugh she posted in my comm and I want to say something but she's too dumb to comprehend that no, you can't just people in other countries....
>>
>>9101218
I literally knew all the ~history~ you just typed out.
>>
>>9101229
> The white girls saying how scared they are to shop in Japan for fear of them being racist
> Not realizing this is what it's like to be any other race in America
>>
>>9101065
does she have some kind of personality disorder? schizophrenia? like how can you both like and dislike lolita?
>>
>>9101063
>>9101062
>>9101065
This lady is great. I love how our biggest haters tend to be middle aged women who stumble upon the style, act like they can't wear it, then just hate on lolitas as a whole calling us ageplayers, anti-feminists, and other general bitterness.
>>
>>9101429
>~history~
That alone screams sure ya did, honey.
>>
>>9101434
>Not realizing this is what it's like to be any other race in America
That's why I see so many blacks and latinos hitting up malls and mainstream places with tons of cops around! Because they're all so scared!

Please, if a white American shopkeep DARED told a black person to leave for no real reason that shit would be plastered on the news.
>>
which y!j shopping services are best for last minute auctions? aside from CT. it's been a while since i bought from there and i'm not sure who's still reliable.
>>
File: 1456269088749.jpg (112KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456269088749.jpg
112KB, 640x640px
Today I received my first Classical Muppets cupcake petti and frankly I'm underwhelmed. The poofiest petti I used to own before was a nobrand taobao a-line made out holy shit how many almost wire-y organza layers and the poof was ridiculous. While this new one is a LOT comfier and the fabric is super soft it only consists of 2 layers and a liner?? Do they deflate easily? I understand that they follow different patterns but I can I really expect those layers to hold?

Anons who layer for megapoof - suggestions?
>>
>>9101489
buyee and zenmarket
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>9101498
>Classical Muppets

Found your problem, anon
>>
>>9101502
kek
>>
>>9101500
thanks anon!
>>
Update on the BABY fiasco:

>same sana email sends out shitty apology email in english to every chinese lolita corresponding to them no matter what language the lolitas were using
>naturally everyone gets pissed off
>weibo blows up
>baby apologizes on weibo and says they're having a meeting about what to do about the staffer/situation
>speculation that staffer has been fired since a job listing for that position is up
>baby sends out official japanese language email to everyone as an apology/response
>lolitas have been placated
>>
>go to see phantom of the opera for my bday at the kennedy center
>go dressed in sweet-classic
>running to the bathroom during intermission
>"mommy look an actor! an actor!"
>mfw literally none of my characters were wearing anything remotely resembling my coord
>>
>>9101468
what did you mean to contribute here? like, it's making very little sense...

>>9101502
thank you for this! made my day
>>
>>9101321
Sorry...I used the wrong word. A Japanese speaker would write English differently than an English Speaker writing in Japanese.

If I received this email because I asked for a followup sooner than the three days they said, I too would be ticked off but won't go on a rampage asking people to boycott the brand
>>
>>9101507
I love how everyone just accepts apologies. They never wanted to boycott anything.
>>
>>9101560
i'm just relieved because now i can keep buying baby without feeling guilty (not that i would've stopped)
>>
Does anyone have any experience with dyeing brand? I am looking at an older Baby jsk that has some staining. I am tempted just to dye it black and not worry about it. It's very cheap, looks like their standard cotton fabric, and I wouldn't sell it if I could effectively change the color. Has anyone been in a similar situation?
>>
File: vintage cherry.jpg (30KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
vintage cherry.jpg
30KB, 300x400px
I've noticed recently that I am automatically drawn to anything in a bright yellow colourway. does anyone else have a color that immediately seduces them into buying something that they don't need, or might otherwise not buy?

How many of you have achieved, or are close to achieving, a cohesive wardrobe, dominated by your favorite lolita color?
>>
Is wearing a skirt above your knees considered ita? Because a lot of lolitas seems to do it, so i'm starting to think it's normal, even outside of ero lolita
>>
>>9101619
Navy is my weakness.
>>
>>9101507

Good thing I don't buy baby. I don't have to deal with this shit at all.

Now dying companies who put out one re-release and one actual release a year, that's a different story....
>>
>>9101623
I was always under the impression that if it's only slightly above your knees you're okay.
>>
>>9101623
ita only refers to a coord so messy, cheap, or off-balanced that it hurts your eyes to look at. as long as not too much thigh is showing, hems that land above the knee are fine.
I think it is best to wear tights with shorter skirts than to accentuate the shortness/skin showing with otks.
>>
>>9101619
for me it's anything sax. I don't even like sax that much but I have such a weakness. It makes every print look gorgeous...
>>
>>9101623
A little bit (two or three inches) is ok. More than that I'd say no or get an underskirt. Ultimately it depends on if the skirt looks too short though.
>>
>>9101623
The shortest I've ever seen is Meta's Hospitality Doll series. There is a lot of debate whether or not its lolita. Most people agree no shorter than two inches above the knee.
>>
>>9101619
Lavender and any shade of green, definitely. No cohesion here.
>>
File: tumblr_lymz3qYWum1r59yd9.jpg (50KB, 226x421px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lymz3qYWum1r59yd9.jpg
50KB, 226x421px
>>9101637
Another shorter Meta release. I personally think shorter skirts are okay in regards to old school pieces and ero, but opinions vary between the person.
>>
File: tmp_6394-pop(3)201097450.jpg (460KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6394-pop(3)201097450.jpg
460KB, 595x842px
No AP release update?
>>
>>9101650
Love the bib OP.
>>
>>9101619

Burgundy, tea/turquoise, and green apparently. Although now I'm getting into navy which goes so well with my burgundy accessories.
>>
>>9101660

>teal

Tea, not so much. It blends in with my skin.
>>
>>9101650
This is a really cute, well-balanced print.
>>
>>9101660
>Burgundy
Great tastes

>>9101628
>>9101633
>>9101635
>>9101637
Oh, I've read somewhere that it was ita (i don't remember why). I was concerned because of my tall size. Thanks anons
>>
>>9101650
Ohh I didn't really like this before but that OP is A+
>>
>>9101507
Didn't we confirm Tocco was the person behind the name from old Rosaire drama? It's in the archives somewhere.
I thought that person was dealt with, things were alright for a bit with someone nice behind Sana (I heard their English was decent so it was easy to tell apart), then I guess another xenophobe filled the position again.
>>9101560
This is honestly the most BtSSB has ever done for it's xenophobia and awful customer service.
>>
Anyone think we can bring LJ back? If everyone goes and writes a blog post or maybe joins a new comm or comments on something once a day can we bring LJ's lolita community back from the dead?
>>
>>9101666
don't worry anon! you're welcome. I'm also tall (180cm) and my height is mostly in my legs, so I know what it's like trying to make sure things look okay with my tallness
>>
>>9101685
absolutely! this can definitely be done. I still frequent EGL as the general tone and atmosphere is refreshing once in a while. there are a ton of newbies with their mouths open for spoonfeeding, but one can always skip past those posts. I love LJ--I would have never properly gotten into lolita without those good ole communities.
>>
>>9101685
People bring this up every 6 months and it never works
>>
>>9101704
Let's do it together~ If a bunch of seasoned lolita's join again maybe it'll be like the good old days
>>
>>9101685
I tried to do this a while back but I was basically screaming at an empty room...however if I do see some other non-noobs actively posting in EGL/DL again I'll definitely participate
>>
>>9101722
Try it again, why not?
>>9101737
I'm still very much a noob in comparison to a lot of lolitas and I have a lot to learn but at least I'm not horrifically ita.
>>
>>9101623
A bit above the knee is fine, if you want to keep the look modest then wearing tights or over the knee socks works well too.
If something's as short as reaching mid thigh then definitely wear an underskirt.
>>
>>9099241
They won't give two shits. I wear replica shoes to AP jp all the time and no one notices and if they do they don't say anything.
>>
>>9101623
It's not really proper form so to speak, but especially in countries with a lot of tall people it's very common and not really a big deal. Underskirts don't work for every style. Some people may disapprove of the length but it doesn't automatically make you ita. Like other anons said, tights are a good idea, as are bloomers to preserve your modesty. I'm tall and wear sweet dresses which tend to be shorter, s well as a lot of mini length skirts, I stopped caring about my legs showing a long time ago, if any one else is bothered by it they are welcome to avert their eyes
>>
>>9101619
Lavender is my weakness, I actually feel like it dominates my closet too much and I want to focus on buying other colors now
>>
>>9101062
>>9101063
>>9101065
Fuck now I feel really old. First time I read about this bitch was 4 years ago. Never really figured out if she was an elaborate troll.
>>
>>9101746
>at least I'm not horrifically ita.
Guarantee if you posted a picture anywhere online someone on this oars would make sure you got to hear all about how fucking ita you actually are.
>>
>>9101666
We have occasional tall-lolita threads! You should definitely search them in the archive when it's back up.
>>
>>9101826
*board
Fucking autocorrect
Saaaage
>>
>>9101696
Do you mostly buy custom sized dresses?

>>9101782
Do you buy AP dresses for instance? Because they seem to be really really short for anyone above 175 cm.
>>
>>9101826
these boards can be horribly nit-picky, but facebook can be a hugbox. that's why I like LJ. I feel like it's a decent mix of anonymity and accountability.
>>
>>9101685
It's basically dead. It makes for a nice archive, but LJ in general will never be as it once was. Move on, anon.
>>
>>9101887
Why couldn't it be though? If girls start posting and trying to revive it, it might work.
It's dead but that's only because people don't post.

Speaking of LJ are there any good lolitas to watch on LJ?
>>
>>9101853
I actually like the level of criticism that I get from here though, it's a good reminder that even if I think something looks good, it can always be better.
>>
>>9101894
Nobody uses LJ anymore period and most people can't be arsed to log into a social media site just for one group/community and nothing else. Facebook sucks for discussion but lolitas have migrated there because they're already using the site regularly and that makes it more convenient.
>>
>>9101489
Try "muuh Tokyo SS" on Facebook. She normally answers very quickly. I've used her SS for years, no complaints.
>>
>>9101899
Same here anon.
I've gotten some really good advice between insults.
>>
>>9101662
You have teal skin? Omg.
>>
>>9101681
Tocco has been there all along, the other nice staff is a close friend of mine, she quit a few months ago, apparently because she couldn't keep up with tocco's shit anymore. But it seems that she was finally either fired or she quit, hopefully they will get a better person to fill her position soon.
>>
So, there were anons bitching at one time about Glass Forest moving to y!jp.
Just fyi, you can still order from them direct, just shoot them an email from the old contact info on the site and give the url as a reference.
>>
>>9101919
Exactly why I haven't really put effort into working with a better platform.
>>
>>9101637
That's not Hospitality Doll, though; HD is even shorter. At least the OPs are, the skirt sets are about that length.
>>
Oh, Baby.
>>
>>9101527
...If I were at a play and knew nothing about lolita I'd assume you were an actor too. Especially in sweet-classic.
>>
Anyone tried the Alice holic app ? WW says they're adding an Android version soon and I am curious how popular and good it is so far
>>
File: 3MzBGXm_zpsd43ba95a.gif (937KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
3MzBGXm_zpsd43ba95a.gif
937KB, 720x405px
Anyone have experience with their package getting stuck in customs? My British Bear set finally shipped out... but is now trapped in ISC Los Angeles and it's been sitting there for two days. I've never had any package get held before so I'm really anxious!
>>
>>9102092
I had a package from mbok sit in customs in Chicago for 5 weeks. Probably fell off the belt and into some random bin.
>>
>>9102049

>more healthy in mind and body

kek
>>
Who else gets really scared when going out in lolita. Like "what if people I know see me" kind of scared/embarrassed? I'm sad that I feel this way because I really don't want to care and it's ridiculous that I do.
Does anyone have any advice on getting over it?
>>
>>9102148
Are you a new lolita? I was nervous at first, but I'm mostly used to it now. Well, it's still a little awkward if I go out alone, especially on public transportation, so I try to be with friends as much as possible. I feel much more comfortable in lolita with my friends in public than alone, especially if they are also wearing J-fashion. So my advice would be to get used to being in lolita in public with other lolitas first. It's something that takes time.

If you are not a new lolita, then maybe you need more self-confidence? Sometimes it's awkward looking different and I can feel self-conscious, but I can get over that, because I genuinely love my clothes. I look weird to other people, but I feel good about myself, so fuck everyone else, you know? So maybe try to focus on your love for the fashion, to give you that boost of self-confidence.

You also have to realize how little other people care about random strangers. Yes, you look weird, so you will get stares. But most people will not do more than that, and most will probably forget you. They probably won't think about you much, because people are too busy with their own lives to care. This sounds a bit cynical, but it actually helped me get over my own social anxiety. Why care what other people think about me, if they barely think about me in the first place?

I realize this is a very personal issue, so what helps me might not help you. Either way, I wish you good luck!
>>
>>9102163
I've been in to it for years and was fine, but I recently moved in to an apartment building. None of my flatmates know I wear it because I rarely do and always rush to change before they see me. I don't know why but I'm so ashamed of it even though I am studying fashion design. It is so frustrating.
>>
>>9101507
Nobody has been placated

>Chinese girl sends baby an email asking about a dress 6 months overdue
>Sana sends bitchy email back
>People get upset
>Tweet, call, and email Baby complaining
>Sana (Tocco) sends back second even more incendiary email
>Baby owner personally answers call from one big SS, apologizes for the emails, confirms they were both sent by the same person, says it does not reflect their company ethos
>More large scale aggravation and communication from China comm
>VictorianMe writes a breakdown of the event, analyzes and explains the passive aggressive email, it gets reblogged 5000 times
>Randoms think she's referring to Baby as in Angelababy, confusion
>Job position at Baby being advertised
>People discussing a boycott
>More letter writing
>Victorianme says she will confront Baby's owner at next overseas event in person in public
>Baby tries to placate everyone
>Nothing much more to do now

Apparently Tocco is so powerful when her bosses asked to screen her emails before sending them, she refused. Everyone is perplexed as to why she hasn't been fired yet.

There's the South China sea incident right now too, so nationalist feelings are running high. I think it's a load of shit, but still would like to see Tocco fired. I can't trip or namefag, but you gals should know who this is anyway.

<3
>>
>>9102148
Personally I haven't once had a bad remark
The closest to one would be an old man who thought one coord was a school uniform

I would start with keeping your outfits on the "normie side"
like a solid dress and accessories and socks that aren't too loud.

I tend to use pearls for example
>>
>>9102187
http://www.weibo.com/1827406281/DEL3J0OAK?from=page_1005051827406281_profile&wvr=6&mod=weibotime&type=comment

Link to VictorianMe's breakdown. In the comments there are still a lot of Chinese girls trying to make excuses for Baby. Like "Maybe Japanese people don't have good English?"

>>9100554
It's the generalization of Chinese people and racist comments that are pissing people off.

>>9100559
Japan has a long history of being xenophobic, and committed many war crimes in China. A lot of modern Japanese still think of Chinese people as 'pigs', which are inferior to them in blood. If you can't read the disdain and understand the racial history behind it you won't get it. Like if a German business sent an email to a Jewish customer going "Why can't you wait? You Jews are all so impatient and cheap. I understand that your people are like this but that is not how we do it in Germany. Please calm down Jewish people"

Also they would never treat a Japanese customer like this. The differential treatment is also hard to swallow.
>>
>>9102172
Oh, yeah, it can be awkward moving to a new place. Are they judgmental people? I guess the issue is having to live with them, if they turn out to be.

I don't usually get close to my roommates, but I've been seen in lolita by then before. The worst I got were weird looks going out the door by a roommate I rarely spoke to. One of them actually knew what it was, and another assumed it was cosplay. For me, from the beginning I don't try to hide my hobbies, so there's no pre-built image of me to be destroyed. Like, I don't weeb out on unsuspecting normies or anything, but I'll mention if I go to a convention or something. I also wear lolita frequently, so it's inevitable I'll be seen eventually.

I guess the best thing to do is just to force yourself past it? Maybe you will be seen by someone you know, and it will turn out not to be that bad. You could also change after leaving the house, if you really feel too uncomfortable with your roommates seeing you. But it would probably not be that bad. The worst that could realistically happen is they think you're weird.
>>
>>9102187
That's so weird. Who is this chick, and why hasn't she been fired if there's been so many problems from her?

Maybe she'll be fired after they have that "meeting" Baby apparently mentioned.
>>
>>9102213
I recently moved into a neighborhood that is really friendly, so all the neighbors know each other and the security know you by face. There's a golf cart shuttle that takes the residents to a nearby mall, and there's a lot of Japanese people in the building.

>Wearing full on OTT with friend going to tea
>Waiting for Uber on curb at the compound gate
> Suddenly golf cart shuttle full of Japanese people pulls out and stops by curb
>12 people including driver slack jawed staring at me
>A few smiles, nothing bad
>Die inside and turn around and cover face

I was so normie? Trying to stay low powerlevel? Just hoping nobody recognise me by face. Before it was ok because I didn't know any of my neighbors, but for some reason I felt like such a dirty weaboo.
>>
>>9102148
>>9102172

If it's just public reactions you're worried about, there's ways to dress toned down that skate so far under the radar, people just think you're kind of dressed up and won't give you a second glance. IW floral dresses or non-print simpler dresses with normie shawls and normie pumps tend to work. You don't always have to think of lolita fashion as something you have to defend against the world, or that you always have to stand out. Sometimes it's okay to wear something toned down and be (almost) as normal as everyone else.

If it's specifically people you know, you might want to sit down and analyse things further. Sometimes the feelings are real warnings, for eg if one of your lecturers sees you gallivanting about town wearing moitie blue striped socks, will she forever give you lower marks because she's prejudiced against gothic fashion and stripes? Is one of your room mates a dick who will start picking on you if they see you in anything other than normie/designer clothes? In these cases you might want to prepare an excuse in case you do run into those specific people ("I'm going to a costume party"), or maybe just avoid dressing gothic/non normie until you no longer have that specific lecturer/room mate.

Or sometimes it's your own insecurity, for eg you're worried your flatmates will start callling you an ageplayer if they see you dressed in frilly pink sweet lolita, when in fact you know that they're pretty chill and don't really care anyway. In which case you'll want to work on your self esteem or whatever issues. Probably better that you work on this now rather than when you have a breakdown later when these issues give you anxiety over having to present your own designs for whatever assignment.
>>
>>9101560
They never want to boycot anything. They just want drama. It's always like that, side with the lolita in the beginning,and when the drama is over, forget about it or question the lolita. Because people love drama but don't want to stop buying lolita. In the West you are the same too.weren't Western lolita going to boycot meta and paypal?
>>
>>9102049
Wheres the "no chinese nationals" part
Maybe at the interview
>>
>>9102242
>boycott meta

Wait what did meta of all brands do?
>>
>>9101685
I Loved lj and I hate facebook, tumblr and cgl, but lj hardly works on my phone. I'm definitely ready for something new.
>>
>>9102148
I'm a teacher and I actually don't wear makeup to work, so when I am in lolita with full makeup and especially a wig, I think I look different enough that most people at work would have to do doubletakes to realize it's me (and by then I could have just ran away.)

One time I was standing in line to buy a train ticket to a meet. Turns out the kid in front of me was one of my students. He gave me a quick glance and then left. My advice is go big or go home.
>>
>>9102255
Die valkyrie. Actually oldfags are still angry about that in my comm, probably because I'm in Europe and because Meta doesn't think they did anything wrong.
>>
>>9102172
>>9102213
>>9102236
>work with a ton of sports ball loving normies (even the women)
>never really talk about my hobbies because I just assume they will look at me like some kind 80s nerd and they're the cool frat kids
>eventually open up to people about what I dress in at conventions because I request time off to go
>almost everyone there is accepting of it
>except for one guy who thinks I'm a dirty weeb
>I don't even watch anime and he can't understand that lolita /= anime because his normalfagness is overwhelming
>gets all pissy because I no longer tell him about my weekend activities but will talk to other people about it
>straight up is a dick to me at work, jumping in front of me when I'm trying to do things and that sort
>complain to manager who does nothing
>thank god he's finally quitting and I won't have to put up with this alcoholic retards garbage
Have fun working at Costco with your business degree dude, all the other normies are fine with my existence.

I was extremely nervous the first time I wore lolita out and about but all the strangers on the street were lovely to me and now I really enjoy dressing up and walking around it. So far the only other people that have an issue with it seem to be my lame ass uber drivers and lyft. They mostly make passive aggressive comments about my bright colored clothing. (I wear a ton of casual sweet) UNLESS someone else in the car with me, then they back off.
>>
>>9102265
Die Walkure is a wonderful set. You don't have to agree, but just because the aesthetics are Boss doesn't make either meta or lolitas that like the set sympathizers like he was.
Just fyi, that was a pun.
>>
>>9102265
Ahhh you mean Walkure? I remember when that came out. I'm not too shocked people are still angry. I was thinking there was more recent drama.
>>
>>9102265
>Die valkyrie
????
It's Die Walkure???

Also I fucking hate that I could never wear that anywhere outside of my house because I live in Jew central.
I really fucking hate that I enjoy military lolita so much. It's always teetering on the edge.
>>
>>9102278
Just wear it without the hat, literally the only part of it that would be an issue.
Armbands are not Nazis only, you know.
>>
>>9102273
I've gotten shit from LA lyft drivers. I either assume the best of them or that they're just ignorant at thier worst.
Really isn't worth anything more than silence, a fake smile, and a shitty tip.
>>
>>9102187
<3
>>
>>9102265

Didn't someone break down the Die Walkure set and most of the pieces looked like they came from Alliance uniforms, or just military uniforms in general, rather than actual Nazi uniforms? iirc the insignia particularly resembled American military more than anything else. At least one here, someone tried to argue that the outfits were more fantasy military rather than inspired by any specific army.
>>
>>9102293
One guy drives slower. I should've given him a bad rating but never care enough to.
>>
>>9102187
>Chinese customers and SS are assholes, constantly break rules, scalp, etc
>Brands finally start to call them out
>Chinese cry about it
This will just make BtSSB feeling toward Chinese worse for causing such trouble
>>
>>9101650
I can't wait to buy this, my body is so ready.
>>
>>9101650
I like the bib OP and the JSK but I'm not sure about the print. It looks like a tacky child bed sheet print to me.
>>
>>9102239
It's not specifically. I don't care if people think my clothes are weird, just that they might avoid me or assume I am prissy/stupid/wimpy because of them. It's kind of stupid, because I wouldn't want to be friends with those sorts of people anyway.
The toned down lolita thing with IW pieces has worked for me in the past, people assume I am in vintage items or something. I am in university though, people in my class sometimes dress nice but in a "normie" way, but it all looks so modern. I fear I'd stick out if I even wore a beret.
I struggle because I'm at a point where my normal clothes is starting to wear out and I'd like to replace it, but I want to get lolita items as replacements, except when I have done that before the items have remained relegated to my closet. I dress so drab on a daily basis that I want to make a gradual switch so people don't think I'm being weird, but I also really struggle with that because if I'm going to wear lolita I'd like to be able to just wear it properly.
>>
It started raining earlier and the rain got little granules of dirt on my socks. They are meta and have some glitter (from the princess wardrobe lucky packs). Does anyone know if I can hand wash them, or will the glitter come off?
>>
>>9102302
Not that anon but I live in Europe and I think most normies here would recognise it as nazi inspired, which it is. If you think it's not, you are just good at lying to yourself. And in some countries, nazi symbols are illegal.
>>
>>9102369
You should be able to wash socks... were you never goikg to wash them if you hadn't gotten visible droplets?
>>
>>9102187
Tocco is not true staff, so much as a friend they call in to do extra work, from my understanding. She said something like that herself in her Rosaire and getoffegl leaks. I'm sure you can't really "fire" someone in the traditional way if they're not even working there, but he should have the power to get rid of her.

I will forever hate Tocco, though. She's clearly caused nothing but trouble for Isobe and should be more than happy to help out, but has never been good at her job, english, or PR in general. I've heard that her and another small circlejerk within BtSSB would send out purposefully faulty goods back in the egl days of the international community. Hence, the baby shoe horror stories and some other things like a broken AatP book bag. At least that seemed to stop when they got brick and mortar stores overseas.

Tocco is just extremely fucking childish, and if anyone knows how to contact her herself, I think it'd be fun to confront her directly over it.
>>
Anon with the sewn inside out Haenuli underskirt. This is what they told me:
"The skirt is under wear so edge of the lining goes back side in natural way.
You can see the every dresses(even not include our brand) linign edges are always out side, not to skin side.

So we made that in purpose. So it is not sewn by inside out."

Is it me or are they claiming they sewed the serged edge to be outside on purpose and claiming other brands do it too?
>>
>>9102302
I have D. Walkure and I really love it, and even though it really doesn't resemble an actual Nazi uniform that much, it would be disingenuous to ignore where the obvious inspiration came from. The name, the use of the straight-winged eagle (which is a symbol of Nazi Germany, swastika or not) and the use of German letting on the sleeves are all clearly Nazi inspired, even if the body of the uniform isn't that close. However, it's really a misguided cluster fuck; the buttons all have American army eagles on them, so Meta was either totally ignorant to a lot of things when they were making it, or just assumed we wouldn't notice.

I haven't worn mine yet but when I do I think it will be very important to remain very careful in doing so. I think it's acceptable to wear the pieces by themselves and without the eagle, or really put effort into adding items that would change the overall tone away from Nazi. I just recently got the blouse and when that is worn with the skirt it really doesn't look or feel close to a Nazi uniform at all; I don't think I could ever wear the jacket and skirt together, especially never with the hat.
>>
>>9102416
when you make dresses you do turn the lining's edge to the outside, so the inside of the dress looks clean. it's a strange thing to have the edge of a finished item on the outside, but on the other hand also understandable. it's an underskirt after all and might work as a lining. I think that was the logic behind their story. you usualy don't wear an underskirt on itself
>>
>>9101498
I recently got the super large bunny house petti and it's HUGE. There's like 9 layers of organza at the bottom and it only fits under my biggest poof accommodating dresses- I've only worn it three times so far but it's still as majestic as the first wear. When it comes to having less dramatic poof I use bodylines cupcake or A-line petti (which is decent quality and pretty) and layer one or two cheap smiffys/ leg avenue pettis underneath them.
>>
>>9102432
Hmmm the way you explain it makes sense. But very odd for them to sew something like it's lining when it's not cause in the end it comes off as being sewn wrong.
>>
>>9102434
Looked them up to see about getting the bunny house petti you talked about and it seems like they are no longer in business? Their FB last activity was over a year ago. Shame because their large petti seemed like it would be perfect for me. I'm not that happy with my malco modes one I got because everyone said it's great if you just pin up the sides. Not poofy enough.
>>
>>9102440
No they definitely are in business. I think they have two fb pages for some reason but I just ordered from them recently.
>>
>>9102441
I searched again and see the active FB now. I had just gone into the first FB in the search results and it turned out to be the old one.
>>
>>9102443
they are on hiatus for a while though. bookmark the order form so you can hop on your first order once it opens up again
>>
I need to wash my petticoats. Any suggestions? I have an organza bunnyhouse and an ebay Victorian girl dress petti.

I would think just gentle cycle and hang upside down to dry. Spritz with fabric stiffener once dry. Or does the dryer really bring them back to life?
>>
>>9101619
cream, definitely cream
>>
>>9102488
Mine come back to life in the dryer for sure and I just wash them on gentle and they're fine.
>>
>>9102372
My bf is a huge wwii documentary nerd and was telling me all the differences between that set and actual nazi uniforms and he agreed that the set does look more like the alliance ones but it also slightly resembles the Soviet uniforms for that time?
He also brought up that they had all kinds of uniforms because so many different people decided to join the SS. So to him it seems like a weord mash up of all the wwii type uniforms from that era.
HOWEVER, if that's what it is, they picked the bad side to portray here, and they might have included the American Eagles bc there was some Americans that did fly out there and join the ss/nazi party. (Way to go guys)

All that being said, I am fairly certain that if I went out even with out the hat, someone would recognize this as being some weird wwii fan costume. My bf tried to say I'd fine?? I think he just wants me to have it but I'm pretty certain the girls in my comm would not be okay with me going to a meet or a con in this.
>>
>>9100020
lol currently learning Mandarin.
>>
>v short on sleep
>bored at work
>thought I'd share what I've been mulling over for discussion

so, not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but sometimes I'll come across a street snap coord from a scan that, if it wasn't situated within a fashion mag (but on, say, CoF), would be considered a big mess.

Do you wish there was more room for strange experimentation (but sticking to the basic tenets of princess-y silhouette, modesty, headwear, etc.)?
I feel like, since lolita is j-fashion, Tokyo snaps are instantly regarded as inspo and the outfits are generally unquestioned.
...which begs the question: do we gaijin even genuinely participate in the fashion, or are we all imitators?
>>
>>9100020
>fuck people who abandon their people for another country and demand respect. Traitors should die
YEAH EVERYONE CONFORM EVEN IF YOU ARE INTO A WEIRDO HOBBY CONFORM YOU BITCHES!!
>>
>>9100008
>posting that chicks name
>thread is about to start autosaging hard
well whatever.
>>
>>9102571
Consider the name as well (both names they used) they definitely knew what they were doing. It doesn't matter what it looks like when you pick the uniform apart, if you wear this set in Germany, people will think you are a neo-nazi trying to be fashionable or something.
>>
>>9102440
I have the large size from bunny house and is not really that big. Rather, it's very light so it's big by itself but it doesn't hold a dress up very much.
>>
>>9102604
Whilst I personally am a bit of stickler for the rules, lolita is a street fashion after all so people really should feel free to mix it up alot more. Your'e right, more creative snaps are always seen as inspo but when girls in the western comm try pushing the boundaries they get screamed at for being ita. Honestly I feel like because of this all coords just look the same to me now, and i personally think its due to how easy it is nowadays to buy a full a set of whatever print and that just be your coord. So many girls do this and always get likes or whatever so i think they see it as just playing safe, bc if they break the rules they will get backlash for sure.
Also its harder to mix and match peices when shopping online, whereas i guess if you live in tokyo and can frequent all kinds of stores in person you could build up a varied wardrobe easily and quickly? More likely to impulse buy, dont have to wait ages between orders, can see items in person etc,

Sorry if this is a bit oc but ive been mulling over this a while myself, anon. I think that as long as you can tell an outfit is supposed to be lolita, I shouldnt matter what experimentation goes on as long as it looks good in end!
>>
>>9101136
You're lucky you didn't step in front of me. I would have emptied every cosmetic product in my bag onto you. Hope you don't mind that your jacket has just turned into a gigantic oil spot. And that you smell like a french whore.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.