[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 28

File: 61-lzizt4WL._SL1500_.jpg (68KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
61-lzizt4WL._SL1500_.jpg
68KB, 750x750px
Hey, we had this thread on /fit/ but I didn't get my questions fully answered.

I'm just saying everything that I can think of about this topic and if something isn't written down than please be certain that I'm not doing it, so don't just assume stuff.

My skin is rather oily, especially on the nose and forehead. I shower daily in the mornings and never try to wash my face with shampoo or whatever. I only wash it with water under the shower. Once I'm done showering, I dry myself and use "Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser" on my dry face, massage it in for a few seconds, wait about 10-15 seconds and wash it off, dry my face again. Then I use "Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser", massage it in, wait for like 15 seconds, wash it off, dry my face. After all of that I use "Thayers Witch Hazel Aloe Vera" and smear it all over my face, bit just a little bit. I wait a few seconds again and used to apply "Aloe Vera Gel pure 100% Aloe" on my entire face including nose and forehead. I stopped with that gel because it felt like it only makes it even more oily.

Now I only do 2x Cetaphil, 1x Hazel and go to work. That all happens around 0600. At work I feel like my face gets oily at around 1030, so I wash it with water again, dry it and be done with everything until I'm home and use 2x Cetaphil again but I don't wash the 2nd Cetaphil off my face.

Now, I guess I do shittons of stuff wrong but what can I do to get normal, non-oily skin? I only drink water, like 3l per day, eat no sweats or whatever and obviously do lots of sports.
>>
First of all, you should probably be using a cleanser that's specifically for oily skin. Preferably something natural that isn't going to strip your face. Same thing with the moisturizer. You need something that's going to balance and take care of excess oil. I'd add in a toner. A lot of people don't think it's necessary but I feel like my face isn't thoroughly clean if I don't use it after I cleanse.

Secondly, I'd invest in a face scrub or a mask. I exfoliate once a week (twice if I feel extra oily) and that definitely helps reduce the oiliness of my skin. The mask I do maybe once every two weeks only because I have combination skin and I don't think I need to do it any more than that but you could do it once a week.

Even with my regiment, I still find that my skin will get a bit more oily than usual just because it's the summer but it's definitely nowhere near as bad as it would be if I didn't do my regiment every day.
>>
>>9088019
Thanks, can you suggest some products? I always read that x and y is good but a lot feels just like some shitty shilling that isn't even doing anything.
>>
>>9088004
Didn't even realize we didn't have a Skincare General in the catalog.

Ok anon, for what you're doing wrong. Cetaphil is a skin cleanser, and you don't put it on dry skin. It is the same as when you are taking a shower and clean yourself with soap. Turn on your sink, wet your face, then take a pump of the cleanser and rub it in to wash. Then you rinse it off. That is how you wash your face.
There are skincare turorials on youtube if you have trouble understanding something, though washing your face if very straight forward...

For the toner, you apply with a cotton round pad, not your fingers. You buy these pads at any drugstore, hell, any grocery store. Squirt a little on the pad, and wipe down your face with this after cleansing. You let the toner sit for about a minute or two in order to absorb into your skin.

After that, you apply your moisturizer. Aloe vera gel is the most basic of all basic moisturizers, and is commonly reccomended in our threads for people with oily and sensitive skin. The reason why your skin feels so oily, is because it is dry. It is over producing oil throughout the day to compensate for how dry your skin is. This is usually caused by genetics and an improper routine. Keep a little travel thing of aloe vera gel on you all day, and when you feel your skin start to tighten (dry out), apply a dollop to moisturize. This can also be done with any other moisturizer.

If you have a sister or girlfriend, ask her to show you how she does her skincare routine. Or just watch her in the morning or evening. It's much simpler than you think, and I'm just going to assume your a guy, because I think it's a shame that skincare is such neglected knowledge with men. There's no shame with taking care of your skin, and it's especially needed when you regularly put a razor to your face to shave.

I'll continue with a basic skincare rundown in another post. Feel free to ask questions.
>>
>>9088026
Basic Skincare Routine:

Cleanse >> Tone >> Moisturize

TWICE a day, EVERY day. This is non negotiable. You do it once in the morning, and you do it once in the evening. It's generally easiest to do after you take a shower. So if you shower in the morning, do it right after, and then do your night routine before you go to bed. And vice versa.
If your skin feels oily during the day, do not wash your skin again. You are stripping the natural oils every time you wash your face. The thing with a routine is that you are putting back in moisture to compensate for this, thus the toner and moisturizer. Washing again during the day strips the oils again, makes your skin more dry which causes it to overcompensate with oil production. Bam, you have extra oily skin which can lead to more breakouts.

Cleansing is very straight forward. You wash your face with your cleanser using running water from the sink. Don't fill up the sink and splash your face like in commercials. You are washing accumulated dirt and oils from the day or night off. When you splash from sitting water, everything you just washed off brings all that gunk hitting you in the face again. It's counter productive. Just run the water from your sink when you are ready to rinse.

Toning comes after cleansing. The point of toning is to reset the pH of your skin after washing it. Yes, this is important because your skin's healthy revolves around a balanced pH, which you upset when you wash your face. Toner (which is applied with cotton rounds or pads) also helps to low-key exfoliate any hanging dry skin or dead skin cells. As in, anything that's loose and hanging comes off as you wipe. You do not scrub this, just wipe it around your face, and let it set in for a minute or two until it absorbs.

After toner comes moisturizer. This is also a must, even if you have oily skin. Like I've mentioned before, oily skin is a result of genetics, and over prodution of oil from you glands due to improper skincare.
>>
>>9088026
Thanks, should I apply the toner and moisturizer on my nose / forehead too? I guess so. Also every few days when I apply pressure to my nose some white thin stuff comes out of the pores. Can I somehow get rid of that permanently?
>>
>>9088032
Basic skincare products are:

Cleanser: Cetaphil, CeraVe
Toner: Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel
Moisturizer: Aloe Vera gel, Cetaphil moisturizer, Eucarin

Get yourself on a basic routine, and do not introduce any new products for about two months. Your skin's best friend is honestly consistency. Trying something for a week and having it not work and then grabbing some other random thing from the drugstore and trying that is very bad for you. Don't throw products at your face that you don't fully understand what it's for. It takes time to understand skincare. I use an Asian Beauty routine, which is known for using way more than just three products. But it took me over a year to establish this routine, by slowly introducing one product at a time. Aside from a basic routine, you only introduce knew products to the routine one at a time. This is to allow your skin to adjust to a new product, and in the case you have a reaction to the ingredients, you are able to identify specifically which product it is, rather than playing a guessing game with five different things.

Something that is important to keep in mind is that you need to exfoliate. You do this through the purchase of what is called a "scrub". Do not use a scrub as a cleanser, because they are both meant for completely different things. A scrub, or physical exfoliators like the Clarisonic, helps remove accumulated dead skin cells, and to clear out pores. You do not use a physical scrub more than twice a week. For example, I use my scrub only twice a week as a stand in for my cleanser. Then I go about the rest of my regular routine. There are better ways to exfoliate your skin, such as chemical exfoliants, but they are very confusing to understand as a beginner. Just take your time to figure out your basic routine and go from there if you feel the need.
>>
>>9088034
Yes, apply toner and moisturizer to your whole face, not just the problem areas. That white stuff is because your pores are definitely clogged. Again, exfoliate.

I personally use Body Shop products but I used to work there so I got a discount and it's what works for my face the best. You'll likely have to try different products before you find one that works the best for you.
>>
>>9088051
Thanks a lot, I hope I get some positive results when I do all of that.

What about sport? Will it be harmful when I wash my face afterwards because of all the sweat without the routine?
>>
>>9088004
You wont have "normal" skin anon. Oily skin is a bitch and it just has to be maintained. Id use a mask too. I added a charcoal mask to my routine a couple days a week and noticed my face has calmed down on the oil secretion. I also used cetaphil and it sucked for me. It would either dry out my skin really bad if i didnt put enough moisturizer on it afterwards but even after that my face went back to being oily and gross after a few hours. I also have sensitive skin. I started looking at little things on etsy like the charcoal mask i have. (Ooh. Its also a great spot treatment for acne) and id email some etsy shops to see what they would recomend you. The etsy shop owners ive emailed have all been super nice and informative.
>>
File: multi-masking2.png (678KB, 658x641px) Image search: [Google]
multi-masking2.png
678KB, 658x641px
>>9088034
Yep! If you have ever gone to a dematologist, you will know there is something called a "T-Zone" on your face. That is your forhead, straight down the nose to the chin. Apply your toner to the round, wipe your t zone. Then do your cheeks staring at the inner part of it, and then wipe outward. (Honestly I just rub it all over my face, after a while you get less anal about which direction you wipe in) Remember to use your products under your jaw line. Unde the jaw line is where hormonal acne occurs, and the pores there can get clogged too. Doubly so if you are a guy and shave, ingrown hairs and all that.

When you squeeze your nose, what comes out is called sebum. This is from your pores being clogged. I'm going to drop this link here for you to read because it's a common myth that blackheads = sebaceous filaments.

>https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/

Literally everybody has these, and anyone who looks otherwise in a magazine is photoshopped. Please understand that squeezing the pores on your nose actually stretches your pores and makes them more noticable. But then again, pretty much every teenager is guilt of this. You live and you learn. There is no way to shrink pores, but you can minimize their appearance and keep them clean througha proper routine. The best way to avoid build up and breakouts is through prevention honestly. Having a proper routine is how you do this. The link I just dropped walks you through a routine to clean them out without stretching. Just establish a basic routine and in a month or two, introduce a BHA if they are an issue for you. It would also be smart to include a BHA because you mentioned you do sports. I'll do another post on BHAs and AHAs.
>>
>>9088058
I'm not athletic in the slightest but I know they make face wipes (not the ones with alcohol) specifically for those with oily skin that a lot of people will use after workouts. That'll help to refresh your skin until you can get home and wash your face before bed, I'd think. The biggest thing (as someone mentioned before me) is to not over treat your skin. You can strip your face of too much oil and it'll just overproduce to compensate for it and you'll be right back where you started. I have other products that I've added in as I've learned more about skincare (thank god for my last job honestly) but you should start with the basics first and add on as you start to get more comfortable with it.

It doesn't sound like you've been dealing with any acne (at least you didn't mention it) so starting with a good regiment now will definitely prevent that.

>>9088059
this too. You can't "get rid" of oily skin. You can only maintain it. I used to do nothing to my face until about two years ago and I've seen such a drastic improvement.
>>
>>9088060
BHAs and AHAs

Read this:
>https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1fx45x/ahas_and_bhas_whats_the_difference_and_how_to/

BHAs and AHAs are the two types of chemical exfoliants I mentioned higher up in the thread. They are confusing at first because they both do different things and contain acids and all this other stuff why is it so confusing!?

Like in the reddit link I provided (honestly go browse reddit's /skincareaddiction for more help and product reviews), BHA and AHA are chemical exfoliants that target different things.

BHAs are where you start if you have oily and acne prone skin. They go into your pores and help clear out the gunk that has accumulated, and then helps keep them clean, thus preventing further breakouts.

AHAs are where you start if you have dry skin. What they do is they help loosen dead skin cells (thus, chemically "exfoliating" it), and promotes the new skincells beneath to come foreward. This is great for dry skin and acne scarring. AHAs, however, make you photosensitive so if you start one of these you MUST use sunscreen everyday or you will fry.

Just like all good things it takes a few months to see results, but once you get there, if you are consistently doing your routine that is how you reach your flatline of NICE SKIN!

Both use active igredients, which is why, once again, we suggest only introducing one at a time (if you feel you need both) and giving it a few months in between. You start by using it only once a week, then three times a week, then every other day, and then every day if your feel that you need it or your skin can handle it. Like I said before, YMMV, everyone's skin is different which is why routines differ. I prefer to use my actives at night because you actually need to let them sit for about 30 minutes. This is also where the toners resetting your skin's pH comes into play. Acids are pH sensitive, right? So, to get the best possible results from them, you need to reset your skin's pH!
>>
File: 51tCKXm8LeL.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51tCKXm8LeL.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>9088069
cont.

So since you do sports (which generally makes your skin oily) and want to keep your pores clean of that gross white stuff, you would introduce a BHA.

I hope I am explaining this as simple as possible, just mainly because I prefer to understand what my products are doing and why since just throwing stuff at my skin made it worse.

Most basic BHA to get would be Stridex Redbox. They are pads with active ingredients and you wipe if over your face like you would do your toner. You wait about 30 minutes (yes this is important, you need it to absorb and for your skin's pH to settle), then apply your toner.

So with an active your routine would be

Cleanser >> Toner >> BHA >>wait 20-30 minutes >>moisturize

This will help keep your nose and other pores clear of bacteria that accumulates from sweating so much.

SUPER IMPORTANT: BHAs and AHAs have active ingredients. What this does, to clear out your skin, anything that is in it clogging your pores, can only go in one direction. OUT. Generally, you will experience a grace period which is reffered to as a "purge" where if under your skin is extra gross and full of puss and bacteria, you will break out. Your skin is expelling all of that shit. A purge should not last more than two months. Even less if your skin is pretty clear. But once everything is out, diligently upholding your routine prevents any more build up and your skin is happy and great looking. If you purge, you must persevere! I've said it before but consistency is honestly the best thing for your skin! Just go about your routine, apply spot treatment to the acne. The BHA actually helps dry it up, especially Stridex pads.

Stridex pads use salicylic acid, which is the common active ingredient found in Western BHAs. This stuff very drying, so you would either have to apply more moisturizer or get a heavier one to put on at night right after using the BHA.
>>
>>9088086
cont.

IF YOU DO SPORTS LIKE OP

Now, say you are in highschool or college, do sports after class, or go to the gym after work, and you get home at like 6pm or something. Just hop in the shower then and go about your night skincare routine. It's so much easier to base at least one routine around shower time, and doing the routine right before bedtime is not an absolute. It's just easier to base the routine around an even like showertime or bedtime.

If you work out in the morning, especially if you're outside and most likely applying sunscreen, get a hydrating cleanser or cleansing water, quick wash your face of the yuck that builds up during the night so that it won't build up and clog your pores as you work out. Apply your moisturizer or sunscreen, or both if needed, and then go about your workout. When you come home and most likely shower, do your routine after. Remember to wipe around your hairline after a workout because that's generally where there's the most oil.

If you work out in the middle of the day, rinse your skin off afterwards with water. If you take a shower after this workout, you'll rinse if off in there. Then apply your alocohol free toner, and then a moisturizer if needed.

The great thing about Thayer's Witch Hazel (espeically that rose one we all like) is that it is moisturizing. On the side of the label it even says you can mist it on your face during the day for a quick pick me up. Well, nothing says pick me up like post work out skin.

I hope this helps everybody that is interested in getting into skincare. It's a lot easier than it seems.
>>
>>9088097
OH yeah, face wipes, like that other anon said, are a great subsitute if you are at the gym or wherever. You just keep them in your bag so they're super easy to transport around. Just keep a little thing of moisturizer handy for after you wipe down your face.

Some good brands are:
>Yes To - Cucumber (buy them at Target or Ulta)
>micellar cleaning wipes (buy at Trader Joes)
>Unscented baby wipes (buy them pretty much anywhere. I heard people like the Free and Clear brand)
>Simple - Radience Cleansing Wipes (buy at Ulta, Rite Aid, Walmart)
>Aveeno - Ultra Calming Wipes (buy at Walmart, Target, probably your local drugstore)

Sorry for the super long rants guys.
>>
>>9088004
I wouldnt recommend cetaphil. A few years ago it was under fire for containing a carcinogen (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate). There hasnt been a ton found to support it but better to be safe!
>>
Ok, so coming into winter my skin has been more dehydrated and tired looking and I think as a consequence I've had more breakouts. I'm typically combination acne-prone and my skin usually responds really well to AHA and retinol in amounts most people go flaky and dry at. I'm guessing I need to dial down the acids and actives and add in moisturizers, but I also seem to get breakouts with every second moisturizer I try. In terms of the commonly recommended, Cerave and Cetaphil moisturizer do not agree with me, and aloe doesn't do much for me in winter.

Morning:
Wash with cetaphil sensitive skin cleanser
Cosrx BHA skin returning A-sol
Cosrx BHA power liquid
Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream
Sunscreen

Evening routine is alternating - I have an AHA day and a retinol day:
AHA day: Toosowong milk oil cleanser
Tonymoly appletox massage cream OR skinfood black sugar scrub
Cosrx AHA power liquid
[optional: Shark sauce]
Bravura London 15% glycolic acid night cream
[optional: Tonymoly appletox honey cream to cheeks]

Retinol day: Toosowong milk oil cleanser
Cetaphil cleanser
Tretinoin cream
Shark sauce
Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream and/or hydrating sheet or eye mask every so often.

>>9088058
I find the most important thing for me after sport is to just wash the sweat off as soon as possible. You don't need a cleanser, just straight water.
>>
>>9088145
Thanks for the info, but Cetaphil is fine. There really isn't enough concrete evidence against it for it to be a real concern. Dermatologists still reccomend it and CeraVe for basic routines and accutane routines. No offense, but I trust what my dermatologist has reccomended me for years now a bit more than some throw away comment by a random person on the internet. But it was definitely interesting to look that up, I've never heard of carcinogens before.
>>
>>9088345
Try First Aid Beauty's Repair Cream for a thick moisturizer/night cream. You can get it at Ulta or Sephora. I have sensitive and acne prone skin and I really like it. I actually use it as a night cream, and it works great on eczema. It's my daily moisturizer in the winter too because my skin's always so dry and dehydrated when it's cold.
>>
What are some anons recommendations for stretch marks? I've never had to worry about them until a few months ago when I went on birth control, now suddenly I've got large purple marks on my breasts, thighs, and butt where a lot of "expansion" has happened.
I know the common myth is that vitamin E oil, massaging, and moisturizers can help reduce them, but Paula's article on them seems pretty grim. I wasn't all too concerned when I found out they'd fade to white, but it's been nearly 4 months now and they've only faded to dark pink. (And now look like wrinkles, awesome. Boob wrinkles.)
>>
>>9089401
I hear cocoa butter can help reduce them quicker and can prevent new ones from forming. Unfortunately you can never get rid of them completely. I have stretch marks because I was a pretty chubby kid growing up, but they've faded into white. Also heard they become less noticeable over the years.
>>
>>9088145
>Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
You mean the shit in basically every shampoo ever
>>
>>9089401
franks body scrub will help
>>
>>9088004
Hey anon, I you should check out this blog post for your nose. It talks about what sounds like your exact problem.
https://fiftyshadesofsnail.com/2015/03/28/how-to-shrink-pores-temporarily-plus-3-pore-myths/
btw, if you have any products that you need but can't find a good version of in drugstores, I'd recommend checking out cosrx. It's fantastic and cheap.
>>
File: bioreUV.jpg (4KB, 151x300px) Image search: [Google]
bioreUV.jpg
4KB, 151x300px
any tips for sunscreen?
bought pic related, turns out it contains alcohol and it dries me the fuck out as if it's winter time. it's full on summer here and I need a new sunscreen asap :////
>>
Not exactly skincare but related to the topic of oily skin: best makeup setting spray? I've noticed that, now that it's summer, whenever I wear full face makeup I'm oily within a few hours. I was thinking that a matte setting spray would help? I had a friend recommend NYX. I also do use a skin primer beforehand which didn't work too when I used BB Cream (my BB cream is color matching so the primer pretty much made it blend weird) so I switched over to a liquid foundation for better coverage. Even with the matte primer first, it just doesn't hold up during long con days
>>
>>9089971
I'm guessing you've tried setting powder? I'm not in the US but every YouTuber is raving about Coty Airspun.

I have dry skin so I can't use it though, not much help from me here.
>>
>>9089971
>>9089984
Seconding the suggestion of setting powder. I use NYX's translucent powder to set my makeup, and it keeps oil from building up on my face. I've heard Ben Nye is also good.
>>
>>9090028
Thanks! I was torn between a spray and a powder but NYX seems to be the one everyone keeps telling me about so I'll be trying that out at my next con
>>
>>9089401
Tretinoin and vitamin A cream.
>>
File: img_6599.jpg (113KB, 522x514px) Image search: [Google]
img_6599.jpg
113KB, 522x514px
could boots witch hazel gel be the cause of my new spots? there's not much in there..
>>
I always thought that I should dry my skin out to make it less oily.
>>
>>9088023
I'd recommend Paula's Choice, I have just about the same issues as you (oily T zone) and it worked pretty well.
It doesn't have any fragrances and is pretty darn cheap, also has a specific mens line and guides on how to care for your skin
>>
I had three periods this month and my acne is out of control
My skin is naturally oily so I already break out a lot
I'm considering getting a chemical peel, will that do much for my acne/oil production?
>>
Most people posting in here have oily skin problems, so I might be coming to the wrong place, but does anyone have good skincare recommendations for someone with chronic eczema?

I use pretty much the entire QV range at this point, excluding their exfoliant - I've heard from pretty reliable sources that exfoliating with eczema is a pretty bad idea - but have only just started learning that I could do with a toner. I also have tacro ointment and advantan steroid cream for the really bad days.

The problem with eczema is that it makes me pretty prone to allergic reactions, what with my skin barrier constantly breaking down, but hopefully a good skin routine will prevent it from breaking down in the first place?
>>
>>9090563
Three periods? How is that possible?
>>
>>9090563
Nature sure hates you. Did you get the birth control shot, or something?
>>
>>9090689
It was basically just a non-stop period from hell for the whole month with like, a few days of the tap running clear in between and my last one ended on the 4th of July. I break out on my period and I think the stress from having three contributed to it.
>>9090697
I took Plan B, that may have had something to do with it.

Anyways back on topic,
I'm trying to wear makeup (especially foundation/face coverage) less as of recently because it'll make me less prone to breakouts. The sunscreen I wear daily is the Biore watery essence one and it's probably the least oily one I've found but it still is causing me to break out, does anyone know of any that's good for oily skin? And I mean really oily. I'm almost 19 with the skin of a 14 year old
>>
>>9090743
Ah okay. That sucks, anon, I feel your pain.

I use a mattifying moisturizer with a sunscreen. Don't know if you could find something similar? It's only SPF 15 but I'm Vitamin D deficient so I probably shouldn't use sunscreen at all
>>
>>9090563
Do you have PCOS? Try inositol. Helped me. Both with the skin issues and the shitty periods
>>
>>9090041
Strivectin (Sephora etc) and retin-A (prescription)
You are lucky they haven't faded to yet, fresher purple and pink ones can be diminished more with these 2 creams. Once stretch marks turn white, silvery etc (depends on your skin tone) they are pretty much set as-is.
>>
>>9090522
That's why most people with oily skin keep having oily skin.

>>9090563
Depends, what's the rest of your routine like? Just exfoliating without moisturizing is not gonna help a huge amount.

>>9090678
For eczema the priority is moisture and then occlusion to hold the moisture in. Be careful with your shampoo and conditioner as well, broken down skin barrier + scents/detergents leads to badness.
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 579x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 579x400px
I only have oily skin in the T area, my cheeks are completely fine. Is that usually the case or is it just that my pores are fucked up in that area? I remember once going to a steam bath and I felt great for a few days without any kind of products.
>>
>>9090760
>It's only SPF 15 but I'm Vitamin D deficient
you should rather take good supplements instead of skipping SPF anon
>>
I have trichotillomania, though it's not as bad as when I was a kid, and while I'm ace at hiding the few bald spots on my head I've noticed scabs on my face too, and it's bad to the point where I'm kind of starting to look like a meth addict without makeup on. Ever since I realized I was actually doing it, I haven't actually been picking at my face, but I'm worried my face washing routine will irritate the scabbing, or that these scabs will turn into scars. Any advice on how to deal with this quickly is very appreciated
>>
>>9091255

That's completely normal, though? It's known as combination skin. Just target the clay masks and whatever anti-oil serum on your T-zone and treat the rest of your face normally.
>>
>>9091255
your steam bath story confirms that moisturizing helps with oily skin as the skin is overproducing oil to balance out the skin
>>
>>9091889
>your steam bath story confirms that moisturizing helps
How so? You dry yourself off after the steam bath, so it shouldn't affect you the next day, no?
>>
its seems like salt is used in a variety of cultures/religions as a purifying agent

I was wondering if theres any advantages to using a salt scrub in the shower instead of just soap.

Right now I use baking soda, epsom salts, and then I finish with a glycerin based bodywash with cold water.

looking for feedback please.
>>
>>9091961
Grew up with dermatitis which only went away when i went on holiday around the north sea which has a very high content of salinity. salt is a disinfectant, no inflammation = nice skin.

as a non-american I don't really get the fixation on baking soda in every home remedy article I read, i find it way too harsh to use as a body or hair wash.

And i don't think a salt scrub is an alternative to a body wash like soap but whatever works i guess
>>
>>9091937
the skin has 4 layers
>>
>>9091961
Baking soda and soap are very alkaline and harsh, the skin is slightly acidic so you're basically fucking with its natural protection you use those things
>>
Anyone got experience with Zeniac LP? It's a cream that's supposed to be good against oily skin.
>>
>>9091968
>>9091972

hmm thanks for the input.

i guess I'll ditch the baking soda, or only use it once a week or something
>>
is there anything that actually works on acne scars? i'm considering trying an aha but i'm not sure how effective it will be
>>
>>9090743
I use coverfx. I use to have really shitty acne but it's a foundation that treats your acne at the same time. Skin has looked really good for the 2 years I've worn it!
>>
My lips have been very dry lately. I own a few eos lip balms but I read that they aren't actually the best, so I switched to a Nivea one with spf. At the bottom of my lip, there's a particularly bad dry spot that goes slightly onto my skin under my lip as well, I bought a Polysporin night treatment to help with that. Is there anything else I can do to help or speed up healing? I have a con coming up and I don't want the spot or dryness to still be there..
>>
>>9091844
I have dermatillomania and I know the two are related, you could be developing it or just moving your compulsion toward your skin. The best advice I have is to take care of your skin so you have less to pick at, and pop a xanax or ativan (if you get diagnosed by a good dr it's the first think they'll recommend) and take a nap instead of having a picking session
>>
File: rosebudsalve.jpg (30KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
rosebudsalve.jpg
30KB, 419x419px
>>9092474
I highly recommend the Rosebud Perfume Co. lip balm. I have hyper-sensitive skin/a ton of allergies and it's the only thing that hasn't destroyed my lips. You can use it on any dry spots on your skin (I use it on my hands as well). Plus it smells awesome.
>>
>>9092493
Thank you! I'll look for this one.
>>
>>9088032
It's not entirely necessary to cleanse twice a day, in fact, it can be rather drying if you have dry or dehydrated skin and aren't using a particularly moisturizing cleanser or oils.

Toning also isn't as important as you're making it seem like-- it's not a necessary part of a skincare routine, the skin's pH will go back to normal after a while after cleansing. You shouldn't be using a cleanser far from your skin's pH, anyways.

It's easy to just get away with cleanser, moisturizer, spot treatment and sunscreen as a simple routine.

>>9092414
AHAs work, vitamin C serums do, as well. Certain other ingredients like licorice root extract, hydroquinone or snail mucin are said to work, but I'm not 100% on how well they work.
>>
>>9092612
>cleaning twice a day isn't important

Yes it is? When you're out all day you're going to accumulate dirts and oils, especially if you are using sunscreen, like you just reccomended, and makeup. And when you sleep, you are rubbing your face into a pillow, which is covered in your dead skin cells, oils, and other junk from your hair. So yes, you need to wash that off in the morning as well. Plus, any sort of spot treatment or serums and the like work best on freshly clean face.
>>
What is the consensus on popping whiteheads versus leaving them be? I've seen sources talk about scarring, but they also look terrible when left on their own.
>>
Skimmed the thread looking for info on acne. I haven't had anything more than one or two pimples on my face/jaw at any given moment now for years.

However, my back looks like a fucking warzone. i didn't care before but now that I've got my lats and delts looking the way I want, now I suddenly find myself self-conscious about the whole area.

Most of the recommendations in the thread (BHA, etc) seem targeted at facial acne, which I don't worry about. Is there something stronger that can be used on my back?
>>
>>9093098
If you must pop, get the tool to do it and sterilize with alcohol before (wash, sterilize after too and store in its case) but if they actually have a visible head, you can usually get them to release with a hot compress.
>>
>>9091844
Use a mild cleanser and your hands and splash to rinse, no washcloth or sponge. Avene skin recovery cream, Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, Korres Greek yoghurt sleeping facial, are some good things for shaping up your skin fast. As they heal, they may itch. Don't touch your face or scratch, mist with water or something like MAC Fix+ or a moisturizing spray.
>>
Does anyone take an Omega-3/Fish Oil supplement? I'm hearing that it makes your skin cleaner (I have incredibly bad acne) and am scared to go out and buy one because research is telling me that it can possibly do more harm to your body than good. Would appreciate brand recommendations if anyone can.
>>
>>9092474
My lips were dry for half a year and my manager just gave me a tube of calendula cream and it's healed in like three days
>>
>>9093098
You can always use hydrocolloid bandages anon. If you put one on your pimple at night it will sick all the gross stuff out and when you wake up it will be pretty much normal skin under it. Also if you do pop it, pull the skin outwards instead of pushing in so the pus doesn't get forced in deeper.
>>9093101
See a derm? Other than that I think the facial advice still holds. If you use something too harsh it will just make it worse.
>>
Everyone has given good advice so far, but I'd like to add that cetaphyill isn't a good moisturizer for oily skin
>>
>>9093146
If you have really bad acne and you want to get it treated then go see a dermatologist. I'm sorry, but that's your best choice and you shouldn't be experimenting with anonymous interweb advice.
>>
>>9093101
-make sure you rinse the sweat off asap after training
-use an exfoliating cleanser - not physically exfoliating but consider one with an active ingredient like bha
-spot treat -benzoyl peroxide, AHA moisturiser etc.
-facial skin isn't that delicate - remember it gets way more exposed to the elements than your back! So stuff that works for faces can work for backs too
>>
>>9093287
My boyfriend had some back acne when we met. I took away his cheap shampoo and switched him to one without sodium laurel sulfate and got him some burts bees shower gel instead of bar soap. I got him a bath brush softer than his loofah on a stick to wash his back. It cleared up easily.
I think the old products he was using were irritating his skin and clogging his pores and the loofah brush was too harsh and maybe was also holding bacteria since it didn't dry between his daily showers like a brush does.
>>
>>9092612
wash your face twice a day. in the morning to get off old sticky product, sweat and oils and in the evening on top of that your makeup, dirt off the streets and gunk.
>>
>>9093101
I've had some success treating mine with charcoal soap. I don't use it daily but things have improved a lot with use every other day. It can be drying so don't go overboard. And congrats on your /fit/ness improving.
>>
Can someone recommend a "cheap" spin brush, that is suitable for dry and very sensitive skin? Would a spin brush be appropriate for such sensitive skin?
>>
>just want to do complete Asian Beauty routine
>fuck sensitive skin

I wish there was a way to find out all that im sensitive to without doing trial and error. I'm changing moisturizers and I'm finding out that I'm sensitive to fatty alcohols
>>
After washing off a mask, should I continue with a cleanser?
>>
>>9093198
I've seen tons of different ones, taken countless prescriptions, and tried numerous different skincare techniques. Just hoping for an alternative.
>>
>>9093521
I feel this. My skin is dry, sensitive to me messing with it too much, (I get redness and broken capillaries easily) so I think if I did one of those routines, it would just irritate my skin. Too many steps. Plus despite recent popularity of some Asian skin products, I'm not Asisn and I am suspecting the products are more suited to Asisn skin types. Companies like Shiseido market different products to the east than they do the west for a reason.
I made a gentle morning/evening routine that is suited to my own skin type with the help of my local Sephora skin care team, the manager here is also the head skincare specialist and she gives generous samples so you can use the product several times to see if you like it. They have a liberal return policy as well so if any product had been irritating I could have returned it.
>>
>>9093488
No, it would probably irritate it. I'd try oil cleanser and then use AHA or BHA exfoliant suited fo your skin type rather than a brush, it's physically gentler than a brush for dry skin. The Clarisonic brush claim to fame is deeper cleansing due to special brush heads and ultrasonic. The other spin brushes don't have that so aren't really more effective than a cloth. Reviews of the even the sensitive brush head on a Clarisonic say that it's not gentle enough to s on sensitive skin more than weekly or so. Save the spin brush for washing your tub.
>>
>>9093488
I would look into a konjac sponge instead for your skin.
>>
>>9093779
At its core, all Asian Beauty routine is starts with:
1. oil cleanser
2. Foaming/gel cleanser
3. Moisturizer
4. Sunscreen

Everything else is just extra, in a way to suit what you want to do with your skin.

I just want to get to the fun stuff of serums and essences and sheet masks but I'm stuck trying to find a oil cleanser since mineral oil and olive oil breaks me out and now, a moisturizer - I can use the one I have for a few days but then it gets clogged.

I'm so impatient. I hate lusting over something, trying it and then it breaking me out. I already am limited with my options since my face gets angry with parabens
>>
>>9092624
I think they are referring to the use of a foaming cleanser twice a day not being completely necessary. I only do it once a day. When I wake up I just do a good rinse with very warm water and wipe dry. I've been doing it this way for 6 months and my skin is a lot better than it was
>>
>>9093195
yeah figured it might come to a dermatologist eventually. but it's mostly the scarring and discoloration.

>>9093287
that sweat part is probably it. tends to be an hour or two between my routine and shower.

also, i sometimes workout twice a day - cardio in the morning when I wake up and a weight routine in the late afternoon after work. usually (but not always) i take a quick shower to rinse off after the morning routine. would that cause excessive dryness -> more oil secretion?

>>9093294
family history of eczema, so i use neutrogena t-gel. though I don't recall having much dandruff problems regardless. i'll definitely look into the bath brush, I use a loofah stick currently.

>>9093383
thanks.

oh and i realize I didn't make it clear in the earlier post, I don't have much of a problem with active acne anymore. i get a whitehead on my face maybe once a month, 3 or 4 singular instances on my shoulders/back/lower back (which are almost certainly a result of aforementioned sweat). what is bothering me now is the residual scarring. is there anything I can do about that on my own?
>>
>>9092624
>>9093938
Anon didn't phrase it right.

It depends on your skin type
>oily, acne-prone skin
Cleanse twice a day
>normal or dry skin
Cleanse at night
>>
>managed to make it to 21 years old without any sort of skin care routine other than wash with dial hand soap
>read this thread
>immediately go out and buy stuff
>skin is so much softer, clearer, and I'm so self conscious about it (didn't even realize I was!)

Thank you based anons.

On topic; I was thinking about trying that piggy bubbling clay mask. Anyone tried? Is it worth it? It looks so fun...
>>
>>9090678
I also have chronic eczema and just super super dry skin in general. I've tried using CeraVe cleansers but they just dry me the hell out. The only cleanser so far that's worked well for me has been the Ultrabland facial cleanser from Lush.

For a moisturizer I pretty much slather on Eucerin's Original Healing Rich Cream a few times a day. It's insanely thick and kind of a pain in the ass to put on but I've been able to use it as a replacement for my prescription eczema steroid cream most of the time.
>>
>>9093793
Thank you, anon. I currently use almond oil to cleanse my skin, and I've been quite happy with the results so far. I've heard lemon juice is good for dry skin? Is it considered a natural aha?

>>9093809
Konjac sponges are made from plant fibres, right? They sound quite interesting. I think I'll give one a go. Thank you, anon!
>>
my palms and soles have issues with lotions, water, and even having certain materials held/pressed against them

they feel like they get extremely dried out but lotion just makes it feel all dry but oily

help

[spoiler]I have to wear rubber gloves and sit on the side of the tub in order to wash myself [/spoiler]
>>
I find in between my eyebrows is super dry and makeup ALWAYS separates there and looking flaky and icky. I've tried so many products to help it. Any help from here?
>>
File: 1468070745549.png (224KB, 897x914px) Image search: [Google]
1468070745549.png
224KB, 897x914px
I've got oily skin in the t-zone. What's the proper way to deal with it when it gets oily during the day? Just wait the evening to apply my cleanser, toner and moisturizer or should I apply it right away and at the evening again?
>>
>>9095197
For a while I had different products for my t zone to keep the oil under control, but that may be a bit of trial and error. You can also use blotting paper. Don't over cleanse as it will remove moisture.

>>9094313
Don't think it is super effective just a good novelty gimmick.

>>9094973
Why are you using lotions if they're actually dry? You probably need heavy creams and occlusive moisturizers that will help them. As for being unable to manage certain textures I can't help you with that, it may be a partly psychological thing or sensory processing issue which needs actual specialist input if it troubles you that much.

>>9095102
Would be nice if you could tell us what you've tried. I'm thinking chemical exfoliation and moisturiser are needed here...
>>
>>9096265
>Don't over cleanse as it will remove moisture.
So, just twice? In the morning and evening and simply don't care what happens during the day? Do I have to deal with the oily crap until I get it under control?
>>
>>9093968
>>9092624

That's why I said "cleanse" instead of just "washing".

Generally, it's only really necessary to "cleanse" your skin at night, (however, as with all skincare advice, it always varies from person to person) and to use water or a simple "cleaning" wipe to clean your face in the morning.

I'd recommend, if somebody is acne-prone, to use a more moisturizing cleanser if they insist on using it twice a day, and if they're oily, first determine whether it's due to dehydration or not, and then go from there.

Also, if you're very concerned about your face all over your pillow case: clean it. Use a new pillow case every other day, or put a plain t-shirt over it.

>>9095197
Get some blot paper and just blot during the day. You can either buy the thin, cosmetic kind or you can buy those brown napkins (think the kind from Starbucks) or even cut up toilet paper covers work very well.

>>9094339
You can try oil cleansing, if you're interested in trying a cheaper cleanser. The Ultrabland cleanser is mainly almond oil with frilly essential oils (and honey) added.

>>9094970
A big, definite "no" to the lemon juice! Lemon juice is not good for your skin, period, contrary to pinterest. Lemon juice drastically screws up the acid barrier of your skin, like baking soda does. You can also get some mad chemical burns if you go out into the sun after having citrus juice on your skin (phytophotodermatitis).

>>9093101
You can try looking up some acne body sprays? Anything that'll work on the face will generally also work on the back, salicylic acid (BHA) will do well. I had some back acne and it cleared up well with Panoxyl's 10% benzoyl peroxide bar soap (although, looking on amazon, it's $44? don't know what happened there, possibly discontinued.) Panoxyl's 10% BP washes are a little intense/drying for the face, but the body should be alright.
>>
How do you differentiate between oily and dehydrated? I'm trying to start a routine but I have no clue what kind of products to buy.
>>
>>9096565
are you retarded? if your skin is shiny and oily it's oily, if it's tight and dry it's dry. did your mom drink lighter fluid when she was pregnant with you??
>>
>>9096574
Maybe if you actually knew what you were talking about, instead of assuming inane bullshit, you wouldn't look like a dumb fucking cunt.

>>9096565
Is your skin only oily, or do you also have patches of dry/flaky skin, as well?

If you have some patches of dry/flakey skin mixed in with oily skin, it's dehydrated. If it's all around just oily, and not dry in any areas at all, then it's just oily.
>>
>>9096581
they literally asked how to tell if their skin was oily or dry. I don't understand how someone could be that stupid that they can't figure it out that oily means their skin is oily and dry means their skin is dry
>>
>>9096565
Oily skin means that you're overproducing oil. Dehydrated skin means that you're not retaining enough moisture for your skin. Oily is a skin type so it never changes while Dehydrated skin is a condition so enough products would help.

If you have an issue with dehydration, I would looks for products with water and I think ceramides. I know I was using Rosette Ceramide Gel to help repair my moisture barrier but it also helped in hydrating my skin
>>
>>9096591
Dehydrated =/= dry skin.

Dehydrated skin can be both dry and oily. Dehydrated skin is not moisturized enough and often overproduces oils to make up for the fact that it's not moisturized. Many people solve their oil problems by introducing a more moisturizing factor into their routines, like moisturizing oils or a better moisturizer, and thus find out their skin was only oily because it was dehydrated, as opposed to that just being their default skin type.

Your skin being dehydrated can be the reason why your skin is oily.
>>
>>9093196
Seconding this, Holy shit. I used Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer for two months. My skin felt much oilier than it ever had before with my previous cleanser, and towards the end of those two months, I had clusters of huge white heads sprouting around my chin. Cetaphil, for me, was worse than not washing my face at all. Within a week of going back to my old routine, my skin was clearer than it had EVER been with Cetaphil.

For some reason, the Thayers toner is really no good for me either. Three days into it and my face erupted with dozens of tiny, pinpoint sized whiteheads. My skin seems to do fine without a toner in my routine, but I'm trying a different one (Pink Enprani Booskin) to see if my oil production slows down at least a little bit.

As a side note, if anyone else has extremely oily and acne prone skin like I do, I would LOVE recommendations for spot treatments as well as sunscreens, and even toners!
>>
>>9096520
Thanks for the advice anon. I thought lemon juice was a rather strange suggestion. I'm glad I didn't try it out; my skin is very sensitive. I really appreciate the advice!
>>
File: memebox.png (35KB, 803x525px) Image search: [Google]
memebox.png
35KB, 803x525px
Has anyone used the website memebox before? This is my first time purchasing Korean skincare products, and I'm planning on buying a haul once the low ph good morning cleanser from cosrx comes back in stock.

My planned routine is cleanser>toner>bha twice a day, using the sun cream in the morning and the green tea cream in the evening. Right now I'm on the same basic routine, except using Cetaphil and Stridex products, and I'm hoping to treat acne. Any advice for this routine?
>>
>be 26
>started getting spots on the top of the nose and chin from around 11
>acne really kicked in from 13 onward
>at its worst between 16-18, cystic on the cheeks
>calmed down since then

I still have to deal with this god forsaken stuff. Granted, nowadays it's mostly redness, pore size and the quickness in which my skin becomes oily that's the problem with the odd spot or three thrown in from time to time. I cleanse, apply a topical treatment and then moisturise twice every day, but I feel like I'm missing one key component to finally end this miserable condition once and for all.
>>
>>9097239
Memebox is a legit place to get Korean skincare. The order is different though when you want to do into Asian Skincare. Only thing you are missing is an oil cleanser to get rid of the sunscreen
>>
>>9096628
I have oily acne prone skin and have been using Dickinson's witch hazel toner and like it enough. It has alcohol but since my face is oily I don't experience any drying effects, at least during thr summer. I've used SW basics toner too anf really liked it but it was too expensive to continue with.
For spot treatments I use just Neutrogena "on the spot" which is essentially benzoyl peroxide. I put it on at night after my toner and wait 10-15 minutes for it to dry , then moisturize. When I wake up my acne is a ton better.
>>
If anyone is looking for a facebook skincare group, I use a group called Memebox Addicts! people in there are pretty helpful and nice.
>>
>>9097382
Do they buy and sell stuff there too or know of any other place besides reddit that does decants? Learned the hard way to sample stuff first but reddit doesn't reach a lot of people
>>
How much moisturize do I need to apply? Just a tiny bit or that my skin is almost drowning in it? Sorry, I have no idea about that kind of stuff.
>>
>>9095102
argan and aloe oil helped me while applied before bedtime. during the day mixed it with my foundation or bb cream and applied it with a beauty blender.

also occasional shaving with those tiny eyebrow shavers helps with the makeup and removing dead skin cells
>>
>>9096424
Yes, and use blotting paper during the day. I suspect you need more products than just cleanser-toner-moisturiser, if your skin is just oily and not dehydrated many of the acne preparations can help with oil production
>>
I've never had a very good skin care routine although I've always had at least a cleanser and moisturizer, but not much else.

Every so often, however, this discoloration around the ends of my mouth and nose gets really bad, and becomes red and flaky. I've tried scrubs to exfoliate the dead skin and add a tone of lotion but it's still pretty apparent, and it's only in those areas while the rest of my face is generally oily/acne prone
I was just looking at BHA exfoliants while looking for new skin care stuff to get, but some reviews have said it has made skin irritated.
Anyone have experience with dealing with dry patches? What products should I get?
>>
>>9097643
i have dry ends of the mouth, it's allergies in my case, food I don't react well to. cocoa butter vaseline helps really well though.

I'm also the one suggesting argan and aloe oil, you could try this, it rarely gets you irritated and might help with your oily skin too
>>
So I follow a Korean skincare routine, but one thing is confusing me. On nights that I use a sheet mask, should I apply my toner first and then not apply my serum/essence after, since the sheet mask has essence on it?
>>
>>9097786
Depends on what you feel like...

Some people following the Thin to Thick so they put in the sheet mask firstsince its an essence anyway

Some people think that the sheet mask itself would help seal in all the essence from previous applications so they put it in last
>>
>>9097643
Physical exfoliation is probably not going to help the irritation either! I think just heavy moisturizers to start with, rather than any exfoliation.
>>
I recently started hormone replacement therapy and it's made my chin/jawline break out a lot. I've never had problems with my skin before and I also can't change anything about the treatment currently. My skin doesn't feel particularly oily or dry in that area, just tons of spots. I'm totally clueless about skincare so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for where I could start with looking for a solution?
>>
>>9096628
I have similar skin, and the only cleanser that works for me is Hibiclens.

Spot treating with Murad's sulfur mask is also really good. It brings cysts to a head and dries up whiteheads really fast. I don't like using it as an actual mask, though.
>>
>>9097962
r/asianskincare
>>
File: 1466256476703.jpg (268KB, 960x767px) Image search: [Google]
1466256476703.jpg
268KB, 960x767px
>>9097489
Bump for great knowledge gains.
>>
>>9098716
well you kinda have to figure it our yourself. it should sink in after a bit and refresh your skin sorta, so drowning in it would not be recommended
>>
I have super bad hormonal acne but I'm hesitant to try birth control because of all the possible side effects. Are there any other solutions?
>>
>>9099472
copper IUD is your friend, depending on where you live it might be hard to get it prescribed if you haven't had any kids yet.
>>
>>9099472
Orthotricyclen (Mononessa/Sprintec) cleared up all of my worst acne within ~4 months and all my acne, period, in about 8. Mine was also completely hormonal and nothing worked aside from BC.

I didn't have any side effects aside from very, very mild nausea/tiredness the first week and I was also very skeptical, so I strongly recommend you give it a chance because I had nightmarish acne before going on BC and now my skin is completely clear with maybe one small pimple or two the week before my period.

They were ready to put me on Accutane, with truly terrible side effects, but the BC did its job so fortunately I didn't have to go that route.
>>
>>9099482
Copper isn't going to fix hormonal acne, it doesn't change your hormones at all....
>>
I've never had acne problems but these past few months or so I've been dealing with this horrible mass of little bumps all across my forehead. It looks like pic related and can itch sometimes but of course I try not to touch it. I've swapped out my daily cleanser for some acne specific ones but I'm starting to think it's not acne at all. Pityrosporum Folliculitis maybe?? I don't wear any makeup except for some cover up/lipstick and I've never really used moisturizers. Rarely I'd get oily skin, but as I said, I've never had acne problems. Also I've stopped wearing having bangs altogether too to avoid any added oil on my forehead in hopes that it would clear up. Anyone have any tips and/or should I go hit up a dermatologist?
>>
>>9093960
Vitamin C and AHA have been helpful pigmentation left over from acne. Is your scarring discolouration or something deeper a derma-roller might help with?
>>
>>9099896
>Pityrosporum Folliculitis maybe??
if there's not coincidently a derm on this board who is brave enough to give you a diagnosis via some pic of a different person I doubt you might get help with this here.
>>
>>9099472
there are lots of different BC pills on the market, ask your gyno.
Never had any sides with Belara. If you have a history of thrombosis in the family you have to tell your gyno, also you have to stop smoking if you're going on the pill.
>>
Do I have to massage the moisturize a few seconds on my skin?
>>
>>9093488
I used multiple cheap spin brushes (Olay, Clinique, some other one off amazon) before splurging on my Clarisonic Mia 2. It was worth every penny - I use it biweekly on my sensitive dry rosacea skin with l'occitane almond shower oil. It's changed my life and I believe they're absolutely worth investing in. There are usually killer sales on them around the holidays.
>>
>>9099931
it ain't rocket science anon.

>>9099934
how did your skin change?
>>
>>9099936
>it ain't rocket science anon.
That's a yes?
>>
>>9098675
Hibiclens... like the stuff used in hospitals?
>>
>>9099936
Clarisonic anon. My skin felt so much smoother - creams sink in faster, makeup looks significantly better. My dry patches went away and my hormonal acne also improved. It's made a big difference in my self-esteem and overall quality of life. I tried using it at the end of each day to help remove makeup but it was too harsh so I went back to biweekly and I've been without issue since.
>>
Not sure if I should be asking this here but about two weeks ago my cat scratched me on my thigh. It bled a bit but I cleaned the wound and left it to heal by itself (it's not the first time and it always heals just fine). But this time the wound is taking longer to heal and I'm scared it will leave a huge scar on my thigh, which I do not want.. What can I do to prevent it, or to make the scar less noticeable?
>>
File: Legs-Body-Strips-NEW.png (417KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Legs-Body-Strips-NEW.png
417KB, 800x800px
Can someone please help me?

So I used these on my stomach to remove the hair because I wanted to eventually lighten it up so I wouldn't have to shave any more, but I fucked it up somehow. I think I didn't let it harden enough before I pulled, and it left several marks on my stomach like wax residue(?).

I figured after a while it would just wash away, but it's been a month and it's still there. They are like dark marks on my skin that almost look like birthmarks, but they were caused by the wax.

Can someone recommend a way to remove this?
>>
Would any of you recommend using makeup on your arms? I know it sounds a bit odd, but I have kp and my arms always look pretty red. I've managed to get the bumps under some semblance of control with Lush's Buffy bar, but I've tried a few products for reducing the redness and nothing seems to work. I've mostly tried toning masks and different moisturizers.

So, on that note, would it be weird to just put on a bit of tinted moisturizer/BB cream and powder for cosplays that show my arms? Or alternatively, does anyone know any other ways to reduce redness from kp?
>>
Anyone have problems with Keratosis Pilaris? I get it on the back of my arms and I also have a problem with picking at it. I've been using some max strength stridex wipes and it has worked a little bit, but not much. Anyone have some advice that has really helped with is?
>>
How do I prevent milia? I have existing milia spots, which I'm aware can only be removed by a professional– as they're around my eye area.
>>
>>9099896
If you eat spicy food at all , stop doing so, keep bangs away from face if you have them , cut out most milk products from diet
>>
Cetaphil makes moisturizer and wash specifically for oily skin. And it works
>>
>>9100492
anon, I have kp too (I'm the same person who posted above you) and its the worst. I highly recommend Lush's buffy body butter. It's a moisturizing bar that you take in the shower and it's super exfoliating- it does an amazing job getting rid of the little bumps for me. A cheaper alternative would be to look into homemade sugar scrubs, which I've also done- I used olive oil and sugar, with some success, but the buffy bar is the best thing I've found.

I've seen people have success with chemical exfoliation but I haven't tried that.
>>
>>9100674
Oh thanks! I must not have been paying attention. I'll have to give them a try.
>>
My severe acne is more or less all gone after being prescribed antibiotics. I still have a pimple here or there but whatever. How long will it take for PIH to be gone and how will I know if I will have actual scarring? Looking at my face, I'm a bit afraid. Any steps post acne?
>>
HELP

Caught the chicken pox at 24 and I'm TERRIFIED of scars.
Blisters are all over my body and I do not need scars on my face, boobs or anywhere really.

Any other anon suffered from chicken pox in adulthood and besides going to the doc to get it diagnosed and not picking yourself, how did you prevent scars?
>>
>Testing CosRx Honey Ceramide cream
>doesn't sink in quick
>good feeling in the morning
>feel greasy in the afternoon
>skin looks so good though

I want to love this cream but just hate how it feels like sits on my face and I have gotten greasier since using it
>>
File: 1371898279746.jpg (44KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
1371898279746.jpg
44KB, 600x402px
/fit/ told me that pools with chlorine are good when you have oily skin.

Is that true?
>>
Hey guys, I have a condition called seborrheic dermatitis. It effects both my scalp and my face and it's so fucking embarrassing. I've tried medicated shampoos, I've tried all sorts of facial products and it just won't go away. Sometimes it dies out for a few weeks and then flares up again. I went to a dermatologist once and got medicine for it but it's so fucking expensive and it makes me sunburn just by getting the mail (exaggeration). Has anyone else here ever struggled with this? What worked/works for you?
>>
>>9102655
Yes. And if you go regularly your skin tends to stabilize and not get too dry either.
>>
>>9102934
Try SLS free products. They're a bit hard to come by but SLS can basically dissolve some peoples skin. It's in every cleaning product that foams.

My hands are sensitive to it, and turns out my gums are too and i have to get SLS free toothpaste else my gums recede.
>>
>>9100340
Baby oil should get it off, just massage it a bit and rinse.
>>
>>9102988
Really? Nice.
>>
>>9088086
Hold on, do you apply the toner before or after the BHA?
>>
>>9106141
A pH toner to bring your skin's pH down to make BHA more effective
>>
>>9097489
Depending on the mosturizing product, I typically use a dime size or smaller amount. But I also layer a lot of products and I have normal combination skin.
>>
>>9106837
But won't the BHA lower the skin's pH anyway because it's an acid?
>>
>>9107866
Depends on what cleanser you're using. If you are using a high pH cleanser then you're gonna need to do something to bring it down. BHA needs to be at a certain pH for it to work - both the product and your skin

https://theacidqueenblog.com/2015/12/04/skin-ph-and-urban-legends-an-argument-against-wait-times-and-ph-adjusting-toners/
>>
File: 1001274.jpg (80KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1001274.jpg
80KB, 1000x1000px
>>9089919
aveeno baby sunscreen
>>
If you can afford this stuff it is the be all and end all. http://skinade.com/
>>
>>9102655
No, chlorine dries out the stratum granulosum which is the outer most layer of your skin leading to a greater production of skin oils ie sebum to compensate.
>>
>>9100492
You can either get more sun on your arms or you can get certain creams/ lotions both prescribed and over the counter to help reduce the keratin deposits. Look for ones with exfoliating properties or glycolic, salicylic or lactic acid as ingredients.

Sadly the condition is genetically passed down so there is no cure only treatment.
>>
>>9100492
Physical exfoliation with those plastic Italy towel things has been a godsend for my boyfriend's KP. Generally he can't be bothered faffing about with anything other than washing himself and moisturising, the latter with encouragement, so the fact that it's something that doesn't take him any longer than usual is useful.
>>
Hello seagulls!

I was thinking about trying out dermarolling, but I have no idea what to expect or what to use. I have shallow pock marks on my cheeks from a bad breakout I had two years ago and I can't stand looking at it anymore. But the aspect of putting needles to my skin where it's almost fully faded from being red freaks me out. Can anyone who's used a dermaroller for their scars share their experience?
>>
>>9112959
>aveeno baby sunscreen
never heard of this
thanks
>>
>>9089401
Different anon but I don't know what to do anymore. I look like a fucking Okapi. The inside and back of my thighs, the back of my calves and my hips have all been marked and I have no idea what happened. I've tried it all for months now and the hip ones have barely faded. I'm so afraid to wear skirts cause I'm embarrassed and when I do I usually wear tights or tall socks... Is it too late for me? They're so extensive that surgery not only seems drastic but probably wouldn't help anyway... I wanna wear cute clothes without feeling stared down because of something I can't control or get rid of...
>>
>>9119397
Dermarolling, tretinoin, vitamin C, and moisturiser?
>>
>>9102655
>>9102988
That is not true. It will fuck up your skin in unique and different ways. It causes weird acne, dry skin, and generally chlorine-y residue.
>>
Does Pepto Bismol really shrink pores?
>>
>>9119560
Pepto Bismol is basically sodium.

>tfw I've finally noticed that every time I have to go on antibiotics, my skin is AMAZING.
>Antibiotics, without fail, give me godawful yeast infections.

Ugh. I'm going to ask my doctor if there's some kind of magical, low-dose one I can take just for my skin.
>>
>>9119563

> for skin

The doctor is most likely to say no, since you'll most likely end up developing antibiotic resistance to whatever they give you.
>>
Looking for other recommendations for a cleanser
combo skin/ super acne prone, specially cystic spots.
really overwhelmed - cetaphil is a no go for me.

>>9096628
This is exactly how my skin reacted to Cetaphil.
I have this terrible break out around my chin area and it has just been a constant.
>>
>>9119563
You should be able to get a topical antibiotic like benzoyl peroxide without much trouble.
>>
>>9119908
Cerave Foaming, Hada Labo Foaming and CosRx Good Morning Gel
>>
Okay I need some help because I'm going out of my mind.

TonyMoly I'm Real avocado cream is my absolute holy grail moisturiser, but I've just gone on beautynetkorea to order some more and they've stopped stocking it. I've recently moved house so really can't afford to buy it from amazon for 3x what you usually pay. Can anyone recommend me somewhere I can buy it or a similar alternative?
>>
>>9120265
Thank you!
That helps give me a start.
>>
>>9088032
Been doing that for 2 months now and nothing has changed.
I use
Cleanser: Cetaphil
Toner: Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel
Moisturizer: Aloe Vera gel

Should I use different products?
>>
>>9099934
>Clarisonic
>rosacea

Really? I've rosacea and from what I've seen going by reviews, using anything like the Clarisonic will only exacerbate it and worsen any burst capillaries.
>>
>>9121396
You should add in some products depending on what your skin needs. For example, dry skin needs a heavier moisturiser, acne prone often needs chemical exfoliants and spot treatment, etc.
>>
Thoughts on Etude House's products?
>>
File: Snapchat-4388993567672903272.jpg (81KB, 480x782px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4388993567672903272.jpg
81KB, 480x782px
Help me please, I do so much to have good skin but nothing is working
My routine right now is:
>in the morning wash with warm water and a natural clay bar from my local hipster store, it makes it less oily than anything I've ever tried before
>wash it a second time after work or around 2 pm on my days off with warm water and a rubber face scrub thing
>wash once more in the shower with clay bar again
I quit eating dairy and gluten for this
I exercise and sweat regularly and get a healthy amount of sun
I change my pillowcase nightly and never touch my face other than when I wash it
And i feel that i should say most of my face is smooth and all but 5-6 of those spots is not raised
Also I'm 18, going on 19
Please liberate me from this hell
>>
>>9121835
>Please liberate me from this hell
at your age, hormones may be partially at fault.

the basic poorfag skincare includes a ph balanced soap (Cetaphil or Cerave are good), a toner (Witch Hazel is cheap), and moisturizer (also Cetaphil or Cerave, you want as few irritating ingredients as possible).

introduce one of these at a time for a week or two to see how it works. i would recommend a moisturizer first. it sounds counterintuitive for oily skin, but over-production of oil often happens when you strip your skin's moisture barrier. your face might be overcompensating for your frequent washing, or if your bar soap or rubber scrubber (??) is too harsh, that could also be hurting your skin.

also, do you use sunscreen? you should anyway, but facial soap can sometimes leave your skin more vulnerable to the sun, which can make it irritated. my own acne saw reduction when i regularly used, on top of other things, a moisturizing sunscreen (Biore Aqua Rich UV something, the name is long sorry).
>>
File: MTI0ODY2NTI0NjgxOTc5OTE0.jpg (78KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
MTI0ODY2NTI0NjgxOTc5OTE0.jpg
78KB, 1200x802px
>>9121896
I'll get to buying those
How many times a day and at what time of day is best?
Pic related is the scrubber, and i do not use sunscreen, but I also don't use any normal face soaps right now so I can't see why that would irritate it
>>
>>9121835
actually, read the discussion starting here: >>9096628

scrolling through an entire thread can be time-consuming but that discussion seems relevant
>>
>>9121909
jesus that looks like a monster.

definitely use sunscreen as soon as you can get a good one (one that says "broad spectrum") because it is going to save your skin.

twice a day should be the max you need. a rinse mid-day should be fine, but soap is not needed 3 times a day.
>>
>>9121835
Honestly, if you can afford it, go to a dermatologist. It really helped me. You don't even need horrible acne to go. Medicated cream and the right the lotion can go a long way.
>>
>>9121915
Also yeah sunscreen. Just make sure whatever lotion you are putting on your face is always non-comiogenic. So either use face specific sunscreen or even a bb or cc cream with a decent spf during the day. It'll also help hide some spots. It doesn't even feel like make up.
>>
>>9121912
Okay so I'll be starting sun screen and moisturizer asap, how long do you think it'll take my oil production to balance out at first?
Should I stop using my bar soap and switch to toner, which nobody said they had a bad reaction too, at the same time?
I'm rather worried about using moisturizer without anything to make me less oily.
Also here's a picture in the daylight so you can see how awful my skin really is.
>>
File: Snapchat-614739180292730418-1.jpg (41KB, 477x615px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-614739180292730418-1.jpg
41KB, 477x615px
>>9121944
Whoops pic related
>>
>>9121909
Hey i use one of those scrubby things, I got from primark and its surprisingly gentle i like it a lot
>>
>>9121909
If you scroll to the top of the thread some anon already did a run down for basic skincare routines.
>>
>>9121944
>Should I stop using my bar soap and switch to toner,
i would either replace your bar soap with a facewash whose ingredients are generally considered to be safe for oily skin (some are mentioned above), or add moisturizer. toner can do things like remove extra face wash and prepare your skin for moisturizer, so you need it between steps really.

what are your soap's ingredients anyway? does it call itself non-comodomegenic (some long word like that which means it isn't known to make more pimples)?
>>
File: 20160730_174725.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160730_174725.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>9121966
I have read it

>>9121976
It's some hollistic hippie product that doesn't have it's ingredients listed I'm just now realizing is probably not doing anything for me. Pic related is what I just bought.
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 1019x1019px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 1019x1019px
>>9121976
All products you out in your face should say this somewhere on the bottle. Comedogenic means causes clogs poors.
>>
I have redness concentrated on the side of my face, like under my forehead but to the sides of my eyes...like a little below the temple. I've been using some snail cream, which seems to have helped a little bit, but does anyone know of any products that could help?
>>
On a super tight budget right now so I can't really get all the normal recommended products, but what's a good product for oily/combo skin in the summer? It's been super humid here and it's fucked my skin up, it's so oily around my chin and nose, pores are huge and I'm always breaking out with tiny bumps. I can't even wear makeup because it's so humid and I get sweaty so it doesn't last. I've just been using a green tea scrub which normally helps, especially with my pores but it's just not doing anything. I can't really afford to go all out right now but when I'm able to I'm going to try getting a good toner and moisturizer.
My living situation is unstable, but when I'm at home I wash my face with the scrub every other day unless I feel like I need it more than that and otherwise I use a bar of soap for sensitive skin, a moisturizer but I can't remember what brand, and sometimes if my skin is dry in some areas I add in a tiny bit of a skin/hair oil
I've tried pore strips and it's like they aren't grabbing a lot of the stuff and pulling it out of my nose, my pores have gotten a lot bigger and my skin is kind of bumpy around my cheeks but it was so smooth last month.
>>
>>9122327
>I've tried pore strips and it's like they aren't grabbing a lot of the stuff and pulling it out of my nose,
those don't work for blackheads and pull out your sebaceous filaments, which can kind of widen your pores (supposedly). i have heard chemical exfoliation can help reduce the appearence of filaments if they bother you.

usually all the pore strips do is make shit worse. it can feel like you accomplished something when they pull gunk out but the gunk isn't related to acne or blackheads, just natural gross but healthy skin shit, so there seems to be no point to them.
>>
>>9122381
...which is to say that since your strips are NOT pulling shit out, that is a good thing because when they do it can fuck with your skin.
>>
>>9121944
It's likely you're stripping your skin of oil which is causing more oil production, just use the moisturiser. You should expect results in 3 weeks, maybe 4. If you know you get time of the month acne, you need a full menstrual cycle to make sure that any changes you see aren't just hormones as well
>>
what korean products are good for getting rid of sebum/clogged pores? they make my otherwise clear skin very bumpy, especially around the nose, and my makeup goes on strangely.
>>
>>9121915
Seconding this, lotion is a must. Especially with spf, though not too much.
>>
>>9119563
>Pepto Bismol is basically sodium.
Is that a "Yes?"
>>
What type of ingredients should I look for in a facial serum? I have dry skin that is very sensitive. I currently feel that my skin is lacking moisture. My current routine is as follows;
>Sweet almond oil to cleanse
>Rosemary & Rosewater toner
>Shea butter, aloe vera gel, and sweet almond oil to moisturise
>>
>>9121835
You're washing your face too much and you didn't mention what skin type you are. I would also add BHA after you set up your foundation, which I saw that you bought your products
>>
>>9122327
What do you mean that you can't get all the recommended products? If thats the case, just start with a moisturizer like Cerave PM or a CosRx Snail Cream
>>
>>9122449
If you have a good foundation, I would look into getting a BHA
>>
>>9123107
I couldn't go all out and get a toner/sunscreen/etc what would normally be recommended for a full on routine at the moment but I'm trying to find some products I could afford and that might help for now
>>
>>9123501
Then yeah, rather than a cleanser first, I would go with a moisturizer. It would help regulate your oil production and help prevent moisture from escaping. Cerave PM, CosRx 92 Snail AIO or Mizon Black Snail AIO would be good and they're under 15
>>
Anyone can translate Korean want to translate this facial mask I got?
>>
>>9088004
The most important thing you can do for your skin is eat right. Lots of vegetables, some fruit, good amount of protein, limit sugar, don't eat shit like candy, pop, fried shit, and other junk food. Limit caffeine even from sources like tea and coffee.

The second most important thing is sleep. You need 8-9 hours a night.

If you aren't doing these anything else is at best damage control and a losing battle.
>>
I want to try some Korean face masks, but don't know where to start. What's a good, cheap, basic sort of mask for someone with no particular skin issues?
>>
>Has/does anybody use Secret Key stuff?

I'm slowly trying to replace my routine will all SK items; Right now I'm looking for a light daily moisturizer and something for overnight.
The Prestige Snail repair cream and Snow White creams/lotions are all standing out to me, but the lines are huge and I can't decide on what to get. My current sleeping pack has niacinamide like the Snow White, so maybe a thicker one of that for overnight?

If anybody has used anything from either line (Prestige Snail or Snow White) can you tell me the textures?

>>9125070
The 3W Clinic ones! They're all more-or-less the same with some minor ingredient changes depending on the type you choose, but they feel incredible and smell great (with virtually no fragrance.)
They're also 10 for $1.70 at RoseRoseshop all the time. I stocked up on 100 last time and hand them out to friends/family every now and then.
>>
>>9125116
Thanks, that's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

Also, related to your other point, I have Secret Key's Snail Repairing Sun Cream and Starting Treatment Eye Cream coming to me in the post soon. I can do a review when I get them.
>>
>>9125457
The Sun Cream is actually what made me start my quest for more SK items, haha!

It's really nice. No white cast, matte-satin finish and a nice 'fruitloops' smell that doesn't last too long.
>>
>>9125466
Perfect. Looking for a cheaper substitute to my western Skin Doctors Supermoist was what got me here. I don't know why it is that in the West we're stuck with greasy, awful bloody Malibu.
>>
>>9125070
Honestly, some of the better masks are from Taiwan. My Beauty Diary reformulated, iirc, but Lovemore and L'Herboflore are really good. If you want to stick to Korean, then Dearpacker and Illi are good too
>>
File: DSC06545.jpg (177KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
DSC06545.jpg
177KB, 1600x1066px
>>9125116
STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES.
I just ditched every other Sleeping Pack I was considering from my cart and got one of these.

>They might be awful but they're still TINY BUBBLE TEAS.
>>
>>9125512
I got one and they are really cute. I don't know if they are more moisturizing than other packs though. Popping the pearls are a bit annoying to be honest.
>>
What is the name for the kind of product that is like.. The last skincare step, for under makeup/by itself that ISN'T a primer?

Sometimes they're called a 'booster' or a 'base'?
>>
What is recommended so clear up acne scarring? I have oily skin and the acne is decently under control, but the scarring won't go away now.
>>
>>9125524
Polite sage for elaboration, derp.

I want to phase out BB cream and just want something transparent to wear by itself, but something brightening or shimmery.
>>
>>9125524
Makeup bases are generally primers, just with a different name - some can be worn alone, some are colour correcting, and some serve a function other than being a base for the makeup (e.g. moisturising as well etc)
>>
what are some godsends for eye bags/circles/etc. my eyes look like i've been dead for a month they're so sunken and dark. blame a lot on staying up too late staring at screens growing up, which i'm hoping is a relatable problem here...
>>
I want a skin more white... only a bit, any products or some shit for it? Thank u!
>>
File: cliniquw.jpg (50KB, 362x483px) Image search: [Google]
cliniquw.jpg
50KB, 362x483px
I'm a newbie when comes to cosmetics. I have very sensitive skin and acne. It's under control atm, but I want to go cruelty free. I need help finding a substitute for clinique's clarifying lotion sensitive skin. Some made for sensitive skin.
>>
How do I know if I'm over-exfoliating?
>>
>>9127740
is your skin irritated?
>>
>>9126102
Sunscreen.

>>9125979
Dark circles are really difficult if you've fixed the basics like getting checked for anaemia, getting enough sleep, good diet etc. Bags can be temporarily minimised with some products e.g. caffeine based stuff, the simple cold tea bag or cold spoon under the eyes thing.
>>
>>9127824
>>9125979
They are also called "allergy shiners" and often come from low level food allergies. Try cutting a few common allergens out for a short while to see if it changes.
Took me 2 weeks with no lactose (lactose free dairy swap) and mine faded away a lot.

Ask your doctor for a allergy test or something if you're really curious.
>>
Is there a way to get rid of/prevent deep smile lines around the mouth? I'm developing them because I have naturally chubby cheeks but it's really annoying.
>>
>>9127919
nope, sorry. you are only human and your genetics decided this for you.
>>
>>9127919
Botox and fillers
>>
>>9127919
A facial serum that contains vitamin C may help.
>>
>>9127953
Unfortunately true. Nasolabial lines are hereditary, like tear troughs/hollow eyes. Fillers are the only thing to fully get rid of hem temporarily.
>>
>>9125532
You need to speak to a professional. A chemical peel will really help, but don't do it at home.

>>9127919
Do you sleep on your side or front? Train yourself to sleep on your back. It really helped me.
>>
>>9127814
It feels normal. But I tend to get breakouts on the top of my left cheek which is where I tend to rub.
>>
>>9128475
>You need to speak to a professional. A chemical peel will really help, but don't do it at home.
What? 90% of /cgl/s skincare thread history has been about the use of chemical exfoliants at home.

>>9125532
I use 12.5% lactic acid (diluted in water) once a week and it's cleared up almost all of my old scarring within a month!
Definitely looks into AHAs - Start out with something weaker, like 8-10%, or a pre-made product like Mizon or CosRX, and get a nice high-moisture sleeping pack or cotton masks to use afterwards (take advantage of the humectant properties!)
>>
>>9128789
(On that note, stuff like the 8% Mizon AHA is commonly used every single day. I just do mine once a week out of laziness.)
>>
I keep breaking out really badly and I can't figure out why. It's not just on my face but on my arms/chest/back/upper legs. I haven't suddenly changed my routine or started using any new products and I've changed my sheets/pillow cases and washed my comforter recently as well. The only thing I can think that might be causing it is a change in detergent, but the break out started happening before I changed the detergent, though it's gotten a tiny bit worse since then.

This is driving me crazy because I'm 25 now and I'm having worse acne than I did even as a teenager. I don't know what to do, not even the spot medication (which used to help) is doing a damned thing anymore. Should I switch up my routine and try a new face wash or something?
>>
>>9096628
I have pretty oily skin and Cetaphil made it worse. It just didn't wash enough of the oil off and my face kept getting oilier and oilier and was disgusting. I started using cerave and a moisturizer and it works great.
>>
>>9128801
>Should I switch up my routine
because i am psychic, i know exactly what your routine is, and i recommend you switch out your "Step 2" with Paula's Choice 2% BHA Gel
>>
>>9128891
Ah, I didn't include it because I didn't want the post to be too long, my bad. Thanks for the suggestion!
>>
Does anyone here have any experience with microdermabrasion? Or a microderm. I read that your skin can be extra sensitive to sunlight after the procedure, and that worries me because I'm the type to wear sunscreen every single day, and I don't want the sun to be more damaging after the procedure. If you've had it, did it work for you? Was it worth it and how long did it take to heal?
>>
>>9121909
i've seen this advertised as a brush cleaner but learned that sephora actually sells this as a pore cleanser. geez.
>>
>>9124250
the google translate app does that with the phone's camera
>>
>>9128475
>Do you sleep on your side or front? Train yourself to sleep on your back. It really helped me.
I generally sleep on my left side and I think it may have caused my entire body to become asymmetrical. Both my left cheek and my left buttcheek are bigger than my right, and my back muscles are asymmetrical too.
If I only started sleeping on my right side, would it even out?
>>
>>9128897
sorry that was sarcasm

nobody has any idea what your routine is and i just suggested a random meme product
>>
Whenever I have nothing to do I just apply moisturiser or healgel to my face throughout the day

Is this bad in any way?
>>
>>9129148
shit I must be more tired than I thought, didn't even catch that. I'll just include it here so I don't make a fuck ton of posts:

>wash face daily (use Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash (the grapefruit one)
>use toner after wash (loreal hyrdafresh toner)
>apply acne medicine wherever needed (it's just ELF's salicylic acid rollerball thingie)
>use moisturizer. Which I've cut out recently because I can't fucking find one light enough to stop me from getting disgustingly oily in the 85 degree + high humidity weather we've been having where I'm at.
>exfoliate once or twice a week (using an activated charcoal and black sugar scrub)

It's not anything complicated but it's totally stopped helping with anything and it used to work pretty good (was down to only ever having hormonal breakouts)
>>
>>9129224
i would suggest trying, if not a moisturizer, then a moisturizing toner or sunscreen, or even a sleeping pack to help maintain your skin's moisture barrier. if this is a recent change i am tempted to think it is weather-related or seasonal. however, those things probably won't help your body acne. if you cannot think of any possible external cause for body acne it might be hormonal and worth getting checked out.

also make sure to keep up with water intake. sunlight, humidity, and heat can really fuck with you. can't hurt to try guzzling more water...
>>
>>9088004
What are some ways to naturally lighten my skin to porcelain white?
>>
>>9129146
I don't think you can even yourself out that way or even that you should. In my case I noticed a big difference from back-sleeping after about a week. But doing exercises focused on your weaker side than on your other will help with the muscle problem
>>
>>9129275
naturally?

live in a dark cave without exposure to sunlight.
>>
>>9129275
This is a troll comment. You cannot safely go lighter than your genetic skin tone. Use melanin disrupters and sunscreen.
>>
>>9129283
>>9129285
Alright which skin lightening products do you recommend? I knew naturally wouldn't work
>>
>>9129318
since i am psychic, i know your exact skin type, sensitivities, budget, and lifestyle. therefore i recommend Banana Boat SPF 100 spray-on sunscreen. you won't see this recommended anywhere else on the internet so it's a good thing you asked your question here instead of google!
>>
>>9129328
I tried that and I still got a tan, anything stronger?
>>
>>9129338
5 layers of it
>>
>>9129340
Well that solves it
>>
>>9125532
I had red acne scars and I used a small dermaroller with vitamin c serum.

I also started taking birth control to prevent more acne from appearing. I don't have any issues now.
>>
>>9129241
I guess it might be weather related, yeah. I usually have less breakouts during the summer but this year it has been brutally humid and I just can't get things to stop being oily. I don't even have oily skin.

I'll look into some moisturizing toners and ask the doc what's up next time I go in. I've been needing to ask about hormone related stuff anyway since my heat tolerance has gone out the window in the last few months as well. Thanks!
>>
>>9128801
Yeah, did you start adding in BHA or AHA? If so, you could be purging. If not, strip down to the 4 basics and slowly add in your other products to see if you're getting a reaction from something
>>
>>9129224
From this, it does seem like you're overexfoliating. You need a moisturizer if you're using actives
>>
>>9129880
Not recently -- I don't think any of my products contain either, for that matter. I haven't started any new products since February (which was months before the issue started). The only change is that since summer, I cut out moisturizing entirely because I can't get anything that doesn't feel overly heavy/make my face feel gross and oily all day/night.

>>9129883
That does make sense. Any suggestions for lightweight, summer moisturizers? Most moisturizer feels so heavy and gross in high humidity. Maybe I should try a gel?
>>
>>9129224
I recommend looking into a different face wash. That Neutrogena one strips too much oil on everyone I know regardless of skin type. For me (dry/ normal) it led to my skin panicking and overproducing oil to compensate while also causing it to flake. Try one of the CeraVe ones maybe, they seem to work for more people.
>>
>>9129899
Cerave PM
CosRx 92 Snail AIO
Mizon Snail Recovery Gel
Mizon Black Snail AIO
Holika Holika Aloe 99% Soothing Gel
Face Shop Chia Seed Sebum Control Moisture Cream
>>
>>9129943
Have you used/can you say anything about the Black Snail AIO, anon? I'm looking at picking up a jar soon for my 'day cream.' because Benton's Snailbee is too heavy.
>>
>>9129930
Thanks. I like it mostly because of the scent, to be honest. I did notice my skin feels kind of oddly rubbery afterwards.

>>9129943
Thank you! I'll try looking into those and see if I can get a hold of them any time soon!
>>
I have some compulsive picking issues with my acne and have been trying really hard to quit but I fucked up and really hurt my skin trying to get rid of a pimple. What's the best aftercare so I don't get infected or too much scarring?
>>
>>9129955
Black Snail broke me out, unfortunately. I was really excited for this cream because it was high on people's HG list but with my dry skin, it wasn't enough to moisturize my skin. It sat on my face funny and seemed to aggravate this tiny cluster of CCs I have on my cheek. The other parts of my face though, felt really nice. I really wanted to love this cream
>>
>>9129344
that anon is probably messing with you, but spray on sunscreen is potentially very toxic if you accidentally inhale it, and you're prone to more uneven coverage than with a rub-on sunscreen. And anything above spf 50 doesn't really provide extra protection. I recommend a broad spectrum UVA/UVB spf 50, one seperate for your face and one for your body. Wear it every single day and yes, avoid exposure to sunlight as much as you possibly can, or at least between 10-4pm. And eating foods with lots of vitamins in them can help your skin naturally protect and heal itself from the sun.
>>
>>9127824
Sunscreen everytime? (Includes winter?)
>>
>>9130356
Just because it's cold it doesn't mean that the sun stops giving off ultraviolet radiation..
>>
>>9130004
Clean it and keep it covered. I feel you, dermatillomania sucks.
>>
>>9088004

My wife has oily skin. She uses super x glue sticks to attach pieces of paper subject dividers to her face to absorb the oils. She also uses astringent.
>>
I always get really bad back/shoulder acne in the summer. Every summer, same spots. Does anyone know what causes this?

The only thing I've found that works is tea tree oil, but I stupidly forgot it at home and am on vacation. So my back looks like a gravel driveway.
>>
>>9129318
Focus on products with niacinamide and add vitamin C to your routine. You can't go porcelain white but it can help lighten you up
>>
>>9123501
The full basic routine is literally just cheap shit you can get from the drugstore?

>Cetaphil or CeraVe cleanser
>alcohol free witch hazel toner
>aloe vera gel, Cetaphil, Eucarin, CeraVe moisturizer

You can get all of this for under $20.
>>
>>9125532
Best thing you can do is get a vitamin c serum. For double the effect, introduce an AHA. Be sure that you are also using sunscreen every day because exposure actually darkens the scarring. Get a dermaroller if you have pockmarks.

Experience: I was on accutane for a while, so my face was all scarred and had PIH from cystic acne. It's been about 6 months since I got off it, and Vitamin c serum + AHA has cleared up just about all of my scarring.
>>
>>9128477
That might be from clogged pores. When you touch your face you are spreading the oils and dirt from your hand onto it. If you are constantly breaking out in the same spot then that is a clogged pore, and/or cystic acne. Try a clay mask and a BHA to clean out your pores. Doing so regularly will help prevent future breakouts.
>>
>>9096628
That sucks, anon. YMMV with any product reccomended. What works for one person's skin may not be the best thing for yours. That doesn't make it a bad product though, just a bad product for you.

For a spot treatment, try ACV. I have oily skin and I actually put a dab of ACV and tea tree oil on active acne to dry it out.
>>
>>9129224
>Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Wash

That's probably issue number one right there. Neutrogena products are known to be horribly stripping and drying, and generally lead to irritated skin. Their products are just so harsh.

Like that other anon said, try CeraVe, and for a summer moisturizer, 100% aloe vera gel. You definitely need to add a moisturizer though. Cutting that out just makes your skin more oily, especialy in combination with a Neutrogena cleanser.

On a side note, has anything changed in your diet as well?
>>
>>9130004
invest in hydrocolloid bandages and keep your nails trimmed short.
>>
>>9130004
i would also like to know what helps. i purchased some vit e oil for hyper-pigmentation, to try to reduce redness that lingers long after picking. immediately after picking, i wash my hands and then wash or rewash my face to try to clear my skin if any bacteria my nails or burst comedones left. i put moisturizer on to try to help my skin heal.

this obsessive compulsion sucks so much.
>>
>>9130954
Ah. I just always liked their products because despite the "rubbery" feel it always feels so fresh and clean afterwards. I have my old face washes still (from before I switched). Are clean and clear products complete trash too or...?

Not really -- but that being said, my diet was crap to begin with. I'm trying to cut down on the processed/overly salty crap but no real changes. Thinking about it though, I have hair longer than chin-length for the first time in over a year. I wash it every other day but could that be a contributor (with the chest/neck acne)?

I hadn't considered using aloe gel -- I have some for sunburn. That sounds like a really good suggestion, thank you!
>>
>>9130967
The best tthing I ever did for my skin was start biting my nails.

>Kill me.
>>
File: Ingrown-hair-and-razor-bumps.jpg (21KB, 543x263px) Image search: [Google]
Ingrown-hair-and-razor-bumps.jpg
21KB, 543x263px
when i wax my leg hair i get ingrown hair
when i shave it i get razor bumps

i tried exfoliating with salt and a glove daily but i still get ridiculous bumps.
i also tried brand new razors and no lotion after.

red marks on my legs take forever to heal, months actually. I used vit c for my face on them and it helped a little. i'd love to get a little tan on my legs but that's impossible thanks to the marks.
any help?
>>
I'm going to share my skincare routine for overcoming severe hormonal acne and scarring for anyone interested - so as mentioned, I suffered from terribly acne all over my cheeks and chin, as well as being quite oily because I was constantly washing it to try and get rid of the acne (my skin was terribly dehydrated)
I use Dr Lewinns gentle cleanser followed by their refined toner on a cotton pad. From there I lightly dab warm water on my face, being careful not to rub the toner off, just enough to slightly dampen my face, before applying a Vitamin C + E serum - the reason I dampen my face is because the serum needs to be applied to a wet face to be able to soak in efficiently. I then use a skin healing spray with aloe vera, manuka honey and chamomile. If my skin is feeling pretty dry, or it's been pretty exposed to the cold or wind that day, i will also put on some moogoo cream which is really creamy and magical :)
In the mornings, due to being a dehydrated person, I don't cleanse again, only tone, and the rest is the same. I also pop on lip balm and some moisturizing eye drops morning and night as well. I have also started using a cool mist humidifier in my room at night time, which is really great for restoring moisture. I have absolutely no pimples and no acne scarring on my face whatever, I even get complimented on my complexion quite often, so it makes it all worth it to me. Also, I got chicken pox last year (24 years old) and this routine cleared up all scarring from that as well

Another good thing to mention is that skin healing is usually from the inside out.. i drink 3L of water plus one pot of green tea per day as well as a balanced diet. This all is what has worked for me personally, but thought I would share because I know how it feels to have terrible skin condition, and how sometimes no matter what you do nothing seems to change. There is something out there for everyone though so don't give up!
>>
>>9131591
Forgot to mention i use a gentle scrub and a deep sea mud mask once a fortnight
>>
>>9100340
I got these on my arms, tried removing them with oil and the wipes that came with the wax but nothing worked. it's about 2 months later now and they are ALMOST completely gone.

Never figured out how to get rid of them. They were a pain in the ass.
>>
>>9131557
I have the same problem. It's horrible, especially now that it's summer and I can't wear things that show my arms or legs. I'll visit a dermatologist soon so maybe I'll find out something.
>>
>>9131613

I'm >>9131557, actually ordered a dermaroller and 60ml vitamin c serum for the ingrown hair scars on my legs. no sun exposure this summer (just like last year) so no tan but hopefully no more red marks.
>>
File: d008a9[1].jpg (26KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
d008a9[1].jpg
26KB, 324x500px
Dropping a rec for a new personal holy grail: Christian Dior Purifying Toning Lotion.

>caveat
It's ~$36 a bottle (I was lucky enough to receive mine as a present), so maybe wait for a gift card or a sale - Macy's stocks it, and they have sales all the time. It also has alcohol, but I normally have sensitivity with certain drugstore products (Aveeno, some St. Ives, and some Clean and Clear will make me break out or get burning rashes) and after a week, this toner was fine with my skin.

>skin type
Oily with (previous) breakouts along my cheek/forehead.

>results
At the conclusion of seven months of use, it looks like I just ...stopped having breakouts. Occasionally I'll get a pimple, but it rarely comes to an ugly head (dab some tea tree oil on that in conjunction with toner and it's gone in two days). My skin *feels* better, too - less heavy and greasy, and it feels like the alcohol does a good job of cleaning and prepping my skin for whatever's going on next.

Other products I use: Benton Snail Bee Essence, Mizon Snail Ampoule
>>
>>9088060
Question for this. I tried fiddy's routine, and my skin (extremely oily and extremely sensitive) freaks out about a day after I do it. A lot of redness, pinpoint whiteheads, oilier than usual. Hell, my face will even feel a little tender and sore as a result. At first I was fine, but now it seems the products are harming my skin? I did test them all individually before I started using them all in the same routine. This reaction is fairly new.

So, my question just basically is; is there any other method for ridding oneself of SFs and blackheads for people with super sensitive skin?
>>
>>9125457
My Snail Repairing Sun Cream came today, and, wow. It's really nice - cooling and moisturising and ever so light with a soft finish, and doesn't dribble into your eyes and sting them like western suncream. The Starting Treatment Eye Cream is good too, and a great basic eye cream for the price, but it doesn't reach the level of awesomeness of the sun cream.
>>
So I'm curious, Ive looked through a few threads and havent found anything but for korean beauty is it recommended to buy through their websites and not like amazon? Ive got a decent shopping list going rn
>>
>>9134447
Amazon and eBay are fine for Kbeauty if you use good judgement and check sellers have good feedback. I think eBay is more reliable and you may want to buy off the original site if it's a very commonly knocked-off item, but, really, it's easy to spot the creeps.
>>
>>9097540
I had this same problem so I shaved that spot and it removed so much gross dead skin that I decided it was a good idea to shave my whole face. It felt awesome at first but now it seems like oil is just sitting on my face because it has no dry skin to sink into. Have I made a grave mistake? Do any other girls here shave their face for beauty purposes?
>>
>>9134447
>>9134911
JOLSE, YouRiShop and BeautynetKorea are all legit, and they all have Ebay stores.

You can also try RoseRoseShop - Although Amazon is better for small orders because of free shipping.
>>
>>9133681
Time, patience and BHA
>>
Anyone else here using pic related? I heard rave reviews from a load of people I know (and a lot online) so I bought it about two weeks ago. I've been using it every morning after my usual cleansing routine, and I've found that my sebaceous filaments are far worse, probably the worst they've been since puberty. Other parts of my face have flared up and calmed down since I started using it, but my nose is so bad that there's little bits of sebum literally poking out of the pores. I know it's TMI, but it's driving me crazy because this stuff is supposed to be unclogging.
Is this just some sort of purge? Will it get better?
>>
File: 19012389.gif (689KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
19012389.gif
689KB, 480x270px
http://www.etudehouse.com/index.php/set-0-2-therapy-air-mask-30pcs.html

70% sale on their 30 pack Therapy Air Masks, so $11.70. Each mask is basically 39 cents.

If you guys do order, make sure to apply SCHOOL16 as the coupon code.
>>
>>9136429
I used this throughout middle school, to combat my ever worsening acne. Once I forgot it at summer camp and my face nearly completely cleared by the end. Like you, it irritated the fuck out of my skin and never really got better.
>>
File: so sad (2).jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
so sad (2).jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
Gulls, I think I'm relapsing

>history of pimple popping, breakouts, and dry skin
>skin care generals point me to right track
>skin looking great albeit some redness I've just come to accept
>stop picking blackheads and pimples
>don't wear any makeup all summer
>get by with just using face wash in the AM and rosehip toner in the PM
>started school and thus wearing makeup again two weeks ago
>notice small pimple on forehead
>don't pick it and goes away
>pimple on chin appears
>pick it
>doesn't pop but instead gets bigger
>pimple on top of ear (where glasses sit) appears
>can barely see it but pop it and pick at it nonstop
>hurts to wear glasses now

I was doing so good! I noticed I've been touching my face more often too (I fidget a lot with my hair but I usually can control the face touching). I can't wear gloves because I need to write and use my fingers. My skincare routine hasn't changed so I'm relating these pimples to my new school routine.
>>
File: 1343630728747.png (830KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1343630728747.png
830KB, 792x792px
>>9136497
>order from etude house on July 31st
>order has been in 'completed' status since
>they have yet to ship it and all of my skin products are there

Oddly enough I started a prescription for Wellbutrin and it seems I don't have breakouts as often, even though I've read online it causes acne.
>>
>>9124535
How long does it take to wean off of caffeine and coffee? I once tried to replace all the coffee I drink with a lower caffiene tea like green tea for 2 weeks and I felt like dogshit before I caved in and drank a large mug of black coffee. Did I stop right before my body would finally adjust?
>>
>>9098675
I just want to warn you that using Hibiclens every day is not a great idea. Using it too much can make bacteria resistant to it. My brother was recommended to wash with it for a skin infection, but he was an idiot and only washed with it several times a day for months and didn't take his antibiotics, and the bacteria became resistant to it and he ended up in the hospital for two weeks (complete with a CDC doctor on his case, since it became flesh eating). He ended up on one of those super drug antibiotics.

Also, if you get it in your eye, it can permanently damage it. It's one of the known side effects.
>>
>>9124535

>The most important thing you can do for your skin is to AVOID THE FUCKING SUN and stop smoking
>The second most important thing you can do for your skin is eat right, but research hasn't really found the best 'eating right' method, so everything I said here is anecdotal

FTFY
>>
>>9100492
I've got loads of 'chicken skin' all over my legs/butt. I haven't had loads of success (it is a genetic condition after all) but moisturizing with coconut oil, exfoliating, and using an AHA based lotion has helped.
Coconut oil is supposed to penetrate skin/follicles to help soften up the keratin deposits, seems to work for me.
I exfoliate pretty roughly, with a pumice stone, and that also does a pretty good job.
You should always be using lotion so, yeah the lotion helps too.
I wear sunscreen pretty much 24/7, but my mom also has it and getting a fair amount of sun seems to help her.
She also says that it clears up somewhat when she goes to the beach and gets in the water.
>>
>>9136886
>Did I stop right before my body would finally adjust?
not sure because i am not a doctor, but breaking an addiction is never easy and you will feel physical effects for a long time. also if you are not sleeping, eating, and exercising right, lowering caffeine intake is going to be even more difficult.
>>
So Ive read that Corsx BHA blackhead power liquid has willow root in it and Im allergic to asprin, would I be right in assuming I may break out? I dont wanna stuck between Stridex and Paula's Choice
>>
>>9136860
Don't beat yourself up about it. Just stop picking from now on.
>>
>>9136865
Have you called up your local parcel depository?
>>
Are you just saying I should splash my face with water from the tap? Do you think using a washer is bad or am i only supposed to get my face wet before using cleanser
Thanks for the info >>9088032
>>
Has anyone ever had to deal with "blind" pimples? They're zits some layers under the skin and they don't come and go like normal ones. I got my first in May and it won't go away on its own. I've tried some techniques I read on the internet and they reduced the pain way back, but didn't remove the pimple itself.

My sister has to get a prescription or something to get rid of hers, and I really don't want to do that. Does anyone have any techniques that work for them with these stupid things?
>>
>>9139134
I've been suffering with a couple around my mouth for a while. Hot compresses are supposed to bring it to a head, but they failed to work for me.

If you are female and they're around your mouth and jaw, it might be a hormone imbalance. I take agnus castus because I get terrible hormonal IBS, and I'd forgotten to take it for about a week - when I went on it again, they started fading. I also put hydrocortisone cream on them just to stop the pain.

The other thing I did (other than my usual skincare) was apply a My Scheming L-ascorbic Acid Brightening Mask, on the logic that the niacinamide would keep it from going hyperpigmented after it healed. It did seem to reduce the angriness of the pimples and it made my face feel incredible.

My brother once had a really bad blind zit on his nose that lasted for about a year, and he eventually got fed up and decided to pop it - "it was like my nose exploded, it was so satisfying". You can lance it with a diabetes sharp or a similar sterile needle if you want a safer way to pop. The safest way to pop is by lancing it with a sterile needle (buy a pack of diabetes sharps from a chemist's), draining it and then putting an antibiotic on top.
>>
>>9138908
I was reading reddits aha/bha post and it said not to use salicylic acid if youre allergic to asprin, great so I cant even use the others
>>
>>9139664
Look for products containing glycolic acid, lactic acid or urea.
>>
>>9139748
As a replacement for SA?
>>
I got some products to test from Noreva.

Exofalic, Aquareva and Zeniac LP.

Anyone got experience with those? They are just 5ml each, so I won't know about the actual results.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.