[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So whatever happened to these? They certainly didn't explode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: cat headphones.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cat headphones.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
So whatever happened to these? They certainly didn't explode across conventions like I expected but then again con season is only gearing up around now.
>>
Dude they sell these at the mall, I'm sure that's making more money than from poor weebs at cons.
>>
I've seen people ditching theirs on Facebook/other sales pages because of how shitty they ended up being. Not really surprised by that.
>>
Surprisingly these have a consistent 4.5 star rating on Amazon which goes against what I thought was the early consensus about them
>>
>>8994844
>>8994850

Now decide.
>>
>>8994841
This.
I've seen these fuckers for sale at the mall.
Although pretty much everyone who originally backed them says they're shit. After personally trying them on myself, although I wasn't able to sample the audio quality, the ears are clunky and would fall off anyone without a head like Hey Arnold.
>>
I know the artist Yuumei posted a big thing about it on her facebook page. Basically, this had been an idea between her and the co-partner but the co-partner had made a bunch of bad business choices or had run with some portion of the money or something and they had a falling out but a bunch of backers to still support so finally I guess Brookstore signed on and helped fund the rest of whatever was needed?

Yuumei ended up being really broken up over the whole fact since these were her designs to begin with and she failed to deliver-not so much in a pity party way but like, genuinely sorry for the fact. Just another item in the failed kickstarter campaigns if you ask me. There's been tons of these that just flop and aren't worth post-production.
>>
>>8994832
Saw someone walking to class with them on just today actually
>>
They're super clunky and look kind of ridiculous, in my opinion. I still expected more weebs to jump on them though. I wish we could get actually cute cat ear headphones, I was so excited about the concept.
>>
I'm pretty sure the price tag is what drives away most of the potential customers, as teenage weebs aren't known for their wealth.
>>
They're so heavy they feel like they're crushing my skull. I don't wear them unless i'm in the mood for a headache
>>
>>8994856
I tried them on too and I have a pretty big head generally but they still felt loose on me and would fall with their weight quickly. All this really needed was some amount of adjust-ability and I could overlook the weight.
>>
My roommate preordered them. They are fucking heavy as hell and if you tilt your head forward they fall off. Also the quality of sound isn't worth the price imo
>>
Preorder was a mess, I suspect many people got a refund. The actual product is cute in theory but is for photoshoots for sure and not real use.
>>
Heavy, audio sucks, mic attachment is utter shit (don't even know why they bothered listening to people whining to include this in the first place), and it hurts my ears to wear more than an hour.

So much regret backing this. It ended up being an overpriced accessory for a few selfies. I'm tempted to pawn this off in my local weeb comm to some unsuspecting soul, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it.
>>
>>8994832
I've got the purple pair. I use them for when I play PS4. They're not bad, the mic is decent. My pair that I got from IndieGoGo had a defective mic, but Brookstone was cool and just had me send mine in to receive a new one.

The only downside is it gets rather heavy after a while, I end up taking it off after about 2-3 hours.
>>
I'm surprised anyone uses them for any kind of functional use. They look like they would be really cool as a cosplay item, though. You could probably built some kind of robot costume around them if you could keep them from falling off.
>>
File: .jpg (61KB, 720x543px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
61KB, 720x543px
It's like an iPhone. People only buy it because it's popular, even though there's better quality cheaper available. It's sad how easily you can tell which people are the ones with poor spending habits just by what they share in selfies. Normal people don't put up with that bullshit waste of money to appease your insecures for 5 minutes. Then, like children, they turn around and trash it because surprise, it's shit to match their personality. Those who support these kind if marketing gimmicks deserve to be trashed along with the item imo.
>>
>>8994996
>I'M SO SMART. YOU'RE ALL DUMB. I'M BETTER THAN YOU GUYS.
>>
I saw a girl wearing them in public with a guy dressed as Dipper Pines. You're paying for weeby cat ears than actual quality sound imo. You could buy better headphones for cheaper and add your own ears
>>
>>8994996
or maybe people just want a phone that actually syncs up with itunes/has the apps they need/a phone that isnt black or silver

not to mention cases? all the good cases are for Iphones. Not everyones a fucking nerd who cares about what their phone can do. Some of us just want to listen to music and have a nice looking phone.
>>
>>8995013
Agreed. I saw a SeeU cosplayer build her own out of mini speakers with LEDs and made an ear shaped case around them out of worbla. They looked great and she said thy cost her around $40 iirc.
>>
File: 95443420[1].jpg (728KB, 800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
95443420[1].jpg
728KB, 800x1600px
There's already some cheap ripoffs for about $30 on ebay
>>
>>8995018
>inb4 >>8994996 replies with all the benefits and features of owning an Android and how the iPhone is for vain, frivolous faggots, etc.
>>
>>8995021
These are honestly way cuter. Axentwear looks so clunky and ugly.
>>
>>8995021
Those look easier to use
>>
>>8995023
That's true tho and there are so many better ways to get music on a phone. Pretty sure I dragged my music library to my phones drive.

It's 2016. There's no excuse to be dumb about technology, especially if you regularly use the internet.
>>
>>8995032
Dragging your music library can be a lot of work though when it's all over the place on your computer from years of using mp3s/different phones and changing laptops.
>>
>>8995025
I like the clunky look of Axentwear, it makes it cuter imo, but to each their own.
>>
>>8995032
>implying iPhone users don't illegally download shit
Anon, I know you think iPhone users are dumb but I've never bought a single song from iTunes like ever. It's also nice that my data automatically syncs with my computer even when it's not physically connected to it.

Anyways the IPhone/Android debate is dumb. Different people prefer different things and that's the end of the story.
>>
>>8995039
I like smaller headphones just because my head is smaller and axentwear feels like it's swallowing my entire head. My bf has tried them on and they look fine on his larger head.
>>
>>8995035
Lol learn how to organize.

>>8995040
>my data automatically syncs with my computer even when it's not physically connected to it.
So does mine but I can tell it not to and I never have to worry about being locked out of my phone because someone else tried to get into it. Literally the worst function and I saw it happen to people at my last job.
>>
>>8995021
To be fair light up cat ear headphones isn't some original Yuumei idea I'm sure plenty of anime drawings had them previously. I don't know beat mania IIDX that we'll but I'm sure a couple of those characters have them. The only unique feature I guess are the speakers which are a little dumb IRL anyway. I'd much rather have the knockoffs if they're any good
>>
>>8995046
Can we please not debate about this anymore? I'm tired of seeing this shit.
>inb4 IPHONE USER REEEEEEE
android user here.
>>
>>8995046
Oh my god shut the fuck up no one cares
>>
'cause they look fucking retarded bud
>>
>>8995049
Yeah anime's had cat-ear-headphones for the longest time, not sure about the light-up aspect though.
SeeU's ears look somewhat like the AxentWear ears, but I'm not sure which came first or if it was entirely coincidental.
>>
>>8995021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fB32IWL9Dc
Here's a video of the black ones. Kind of tempted to get a pair.
>>
>>8995021
these look horrifying to wear, just look at them for longer than 2 seconds. they don't even have the outside speakers added, and the sound part of the phones is half uncovered...
I like the look of the axentwear ones but I was luckily too poor to preorder, and I don't want to drop money on something clunky and with shitty sound quality even if it is cute. shame, my weeb heart would've been so happy
>>
>>8995021
>>8995067
Totally buying a pair now for a cosplay! Didn't care much about the outside speakers anyway.
>>
I see them all over the place. Online and irl
>>
>>8994832
Apparently the sound is shit and they look tacky as fuck
>>
I backed Axentwear way back (and saw the concept art for them on Yuumei's DA way back when I actually used that site), when I finally recieved my set it was faulty. The lights flicker and go off randomly and the buttons on the cord do not work. I sent them two fairly stern emails, got a reply about a month later that they would send me a replacement. That was about 3, 4 months ago, got an email just today that UPS has received my order and a new pair is on the way. So yeah, not the best experience. I do think that they're cute but kind of a weeb status symbol. The visuals is really what you're paying for here, you will get a much better quality headset with the same money. Wouldn't recommend unless you really really want cat ears.
>>
>>8995163
Just now realized that no, it wasn't 4, but over 5 months ago. Almost half a year, shit. Didn't even recognize
>>
>>8995163
Yeah the aesthetic is probably the only reason anyone backed it.
I found it funny when they kept advertising the outer speakers that "show off your personality :3" and it was just met with a torrent of questions asking if that function could be turned off.
>>
They sell these at Brookstone. I found out because my normie roommate showed up with some a few weeks ago. So yeah, quality aside, I'm going to go with >>8994841 over here. Normie roommate doesn't seem to notice anything wrong with the sound, so there's that. Think of them as really weeb-y Beats.
>>
All the concept designs made them look amazingly beautiful and elegant but the second I saw them in real life they look liked crappy, cheap and blocky.

However I have to agree with
>>8995182
>>8995111

The cat ear aesthetic is nice and could theoretically be cool for cosplay (if you find a way to cover the back half of the headphones, they are the ugliest part of the whole thing)
>>
>>8995203
I did a hunt through some review blogs and Google, but I can't find a good image of what the back looks like.
>>
>>8995268
Huh, that is true, you never see the back side of the headphones (even Brookstone shows only the front)
Can anybody who has these take a pic to show what it looks like?
>>
Dude like.. fuck these headphones. I have such a love/hate relationship with them. When I first got them they worked fine, so did the external ear speakers, but after that they shit out and never work. Sometimes one ear goes in and out and every now and then the external speakers will work but that's a rarity. They aren't as bright as they seemed they would be when they light up or anything either.

Also the mic doesn't work... You need to buy a splitter for it.

>>8995268
>>8995273

I have some pics of mine here imgur. com /a/ Fymbm

I have no idea what the white spot on the back band is, was there when I got them in the mail.
>>
if you have curly hair, you should definitely avoid these headphones. They constantly get stuck in the swivelly part of the headphones and will rip your hair out.
>>
File: image.jpg (875KB, 1901x1858px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
875KB, 1901x1858px
>>8995273
>>
>>8995203
I'm buying that cheap offbrand so I'm not worried. I'll just use a poofy wig with it.
>>
>>8994971
Though could be a good base for the cat or bear ear headsets in the Love Live Cyber set. I'd probably use the knockoffs since it'd be easier to adjust the light diffusion
>>
>>8994908
She signed a contract with brookstone where she basically sold the design rights away. What a fucking idiot.
>>
>>8995284
Does the problem occur when it's wireless or with the cord plugged in? Did you drop them at any time (and if so, did the problem start after you've dropped them)?
'Cause it sounds like a loose connection somewhere (since it still occasionally works). If it's when it's wireless then it's most likely a loose wire or component on the electronic circuit board in the earphone.
If it's when the cord is attached, then it could be the cord itself (or the port in the earphones).

But I'm not surprised they wouldn't last long, especially with that big heavy and clunky design. I'd really like to see how they look on the inside though.

>>8995291
Not as bad as I was expecting but it's no wonder they only want to advertise the front. Thanks for the pic anon.
>>
>>8995499

Both, and I've never dropped them. I've actually looked it up and it happened to a lot of people, there's just a component inside that shits out randomly.
>>
Mine were perfectly fine for a couple months but now the speakers are starting to go out a bit.
>>
I want to wear these more often at cons but the problem is since they are a head set it muffled out all the sound around you. I'm trying to figure out some way to cancel this out but besides attaching them to some kind of sound amplifier i can't think of any thing.
>>
Sorry if I botch this. I'm on mobile.

I have the headphones in purple, and I also gave a love-hate relationship with them. I bought them because I love the design and wanted to support Yuumei, but I had no idea how HORRIBLE Brookstone is to deal with.

I ordered mine in early December and got them a week or so before Christmas, everything worked and looked great. Then the LED's on the left headphone start flickering and dimming out. They still won't shine as bright as the other side.

I've tried calling and trying to get a replacement before my warranty ends, they're such a bad company. I can't believe Yuumei signed a contract with them.

They're comfy enough for me to wear for hours on end, and they sound good enough for me but the selling point is the /light up/ feature.

I'm just going to keep harassing them until I get a new pair.
>>
>>8995928
I got the purple ones too and had the same issue but with the right ear. I called brookstone and they exchanged them immediately. I got my for Christmas and they where shipped to me with the receipt if any thing happened with them. Brookstone took them and exchanged them because of the issues I had. I guess there was a lot of the purple ones that had a bad component in them and mine was a part of that lot or something? All the clerk said was "yes the purple ones sold in December are coming back a lot."
>>
>>8995936

Really? That's terrible, something in my gut told me to for for green like I planned. Just not I went to to AxentWear page and people are still freaking out.

I'll try to get in touch with them again! I don't regret the purchase since they're cute but I really hate that the whole thing from the outside looks like a scam.
>>
>>8995941
I feel I need to clear it out. They where shipped to me for Christmas by my mother. She bought them at brookstone where she lives. I don't know if the website is the same as buying in store. Mine where easy to exchange as they should have a year warrantee by brookstone as long as you have your proof of purchase. The blue and the green ones actually have been having issues with the aux port. But again they are exchanging certain lots that have the problems that are known by the manufacturer with newer lots that have the problems fixed. Now those with the preorder ones that change colors and the white ones with the gold on them are screwed.
>>
>>8995949

I think buying in-store is a lot easier since you can physically return them as opposed to buying online like I did. We have a Brookstone here, but it's a drive across the water and I didn't even think there'd be problems.

I feel so bad for everyone who got their headphones and had worse problems and for everyone who is completely S.O.L.
>>
Take two seconds to look at the Brookstone facebook page to see how awful they are.

Amazon reviews as well as the Brookstone website reviews are monitored to hell and back.

A good chunk (around 80%) of those who bought them reported sound clipping out and stopping all together in one side. Not to mention the fact that the lights crap out almost straight away. The mic doesn't work unless you buy a splitter and that is if you even received a mic in your package because a lot of people didn't and are still complaining to Brookstone 6 months down the line for their missing parts/for a replacement pair.

IMO stay as far away from these as you possibly can. Buy a knockoff pair or attempt to make your own since not only would you save money, you wouldn't have to deal with the shit service that Brookstone are dealing out.
>>
File: topkek.jpg (716KB, 1250x1100px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
716KB, 1250x1100px
>>
>>8996661
I find it interesting that the purple ones seem to be the most faulty.
>>
>>8995001
So stick your head in doodoo
>>
>>8998064
are you 13?
>>
>>8995468
Apparently that was the only way to get them funded after her partner dropped communications or something. I know she stopped making art for a while because she was pushed into a corner where she had to sell her rights to the art since her partner had been in charge of the business aspects and had just gone AWOL and she had no money to cover the rest of the project or do refunds on her own.

Honestly as an artist, this is probably like one of my own nightmares for trying to manufacture something on a bigger scale.
>>
>>8998071
How can you be a pissant at >>8994996
and not get the joke unless you live under a rock?
>>
I saw these selling out from the vendors section at a con for like $170. glad I didnt shell out when it first was posted a long whilez back, what a gimmicky thing out of china. Happy with my sony bluetooth headset.
>>
>>8994996
this.

seriously, no one even check the specs of the headphones? they're shit quality.
>>
>>8998092
It also would've been marketed better if it just mounts over existing (better quality) headsets, but that would turn into a d-i-y kit which one could either 3d-print the mounting parts and stick on the electro-luminescent light kit.
>>
>>8998085
Even if you were making a Tosh.O reference, the question still stands, homie.
>>
>>8998092
>implying anyone buys these headphones for quality
Do you. Not understand. How weebs function.
>>
File: Creative DIY and manual cartoon.png (406KB, 1608x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Creative DIY and manual cartoon.png
406KB, 1608x1080px
>>
>>9001229
I mean I agree that it's a little confusing but the listing says Mouse Pad. The company is Mouse Pad. Do you really think you're getting those headphones for £12...?
>>
>>9001229
kek I love it
>>
>>9001229
Got me for a second, kek.
>>
>>8994832
They look pretty ridiculous on most people and the lighting effect is not that good.
>>
>>9001328
Only most people? I don't think I've ever seen anyone they look good on.
>>
>>8995860
So I saw a guy wearing one of these at the Alice in Wonderland dance party show thing at California Adventure and Im sure he wore them b/c looked cool and fit the theme but the fact they were big headphones made him look like a loner who was listening to his own music
>>
File: sad trombone.jpg (116KB, 1882x388px) Image search: [Google]
sad trombone.jpg
116KB, 1882x388px
>>9001229
The related purchase, oh my days
>>> attack on titan capes
>>> back butler wallscrolls
>>> deathnote pendants
>>
>>8998131
Especially if they were making a tosh.0 reference
>>
San these in person at my school the other day. When not lit up the speakers look like cheap plastic
>>
I wasn't a backer but I pre-ordered them when they came out on Brookstone. Personally I like the quality of them, but they ARE pretty blocky I'll admit. Really you barely use the speakers on the ears, but they look semi-cool if you have weeb friends or people who like neon on anything.
Whether or not they're worth it depends on whether you already have a good pair of headphones really. Or how much extra money you want to burn.
>>
Could they work for uchuu though?
>>
>>8994853
I'm guessing mostly because the people buying them only care for the aesthetics
>>
Pretty happy that I was/am broke through all this with the headphones. If I had money my weeby ass would have been all over it.
After hearing all the problems they have and whatnot I won't be buying any. I'm good with my $8 find at Ross.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.