[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surprised there's no thread yet, little over 3 months away!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ColossalconLogo-2016.png (37KB, 566x91px) Image search: [Google]
ColossalconLogo-2016.png
37KB, 566x91px
Surprised there's no thread yet, little over 3 months away! Who's going? What're your plans?

I've never been to Colossal myself, what can I expect anons? Any suggestions? I'm looking forward to it regardless.
>>
The con itself is kinda meh, the selling point is the water park. There are always way too many photographers and a long wait/overcrowding in good photo area.
>>
>>8874792
I kinda figured, anyone know how the game room is?
>>
>>8874784
I have a blast but that's because the waterpark. The con has some decent panels but I don't go to that many. Bringing some Bloodborne costumes with us.
>>8874801
Game room is pretty nice although it depends on what you play like most.
>>8874792
I usually fuck with them outside by getting in their shots.
>>
I'm going to try and go. No set plans yet for cosplay but I have been told to do the bird feeding thing
>>
>>8874826
I've seen videos and the bird feeding thing looks like fun to be honest. Also the camel rides.
>>
Still not over the fact that rooms in the kalahari for this year sold out like the day after the con ended last year.
Also is it just me who feels like it's staring to get too big for the kalahari, but thats the whole selling point so they won't move it.
>>
>>8874898
Meh, I mean it's not like there's other similar Waterpark that can host this kind of con. I imagine thats why they spunoff into Colossalcon East. I don't particularly mind the competition for rooms as long as it's fair. Had to pretend to work for an hour during my internship to get the room but it all worked out.

I've got summer scramble chrom all prepped for this one and I'm looking forward to working out to get a not embarrassing body to show.
>>
> bby's 1st colossal

Any advise for someone popping their cherry? Are people nice? Should I just chill in the waterpark indefinitely?
>>
>>8874784
As long as your going to get smashed with your friends and to chill at a water park for 4 days then you're good. If you are going for photos and other con activities I have bad news for you friend.
>>
>>8874898
And yet they won't cap attendance
>>
Every year I try to make cosplays specifically for this convention, and every year I remember at that this con isn't the con to premiere your labor of love. I'm really just going to try and relax this year. Hopefully AN will satisfy my cosplay craving enough so I can do that this year.
>>
>>8874801
If you like fighting games it's basically heaven. Lots and lots of fighting games in the game room. I think they also have a lot of other two player non fighting games but I can't recall.

I can't say much on the panels because my time was more focused on rehearsal hours with the Symphonic Anime Orchestra, playing fighting games, and drinking last year. I might go to a few panels and chill at the water park this year since I'm not playing in the orchestra this year (would love to but I like having free time and not waking up early in the morning).
>>
>>8875405
>>8875361
>>8875357
OP here, I'm not into drinking but I am going to hang with friends and try out the game room/other activities.
I'm cool with it being a mostly? Chill con it sounds like.

Anyone have any reccomendations on like food/where to eat and such? Also any stuff that you should definitely do?
>>
>>8876272
If youre in the Kalahari bring your own. Every room atleast has a microwave. If you arent in the Kalahari the main drag of Sandusky is a stones throw away with lots of food options.
>>
>>8877013
Alright nice, thanks.
>>
Skipping so I can save for Colossal East next year. Went last year tho and yeah water park is the only pull. Panels were boring AA was small dealers room was a dealers room.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.