[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions from a lone lolita questionning her life at 4am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 13

File: WLU3IoT.gif (915KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
WLU3IoT.gif
915KB, 500x285px
>How did you fall in love with lolita?
>What things do you like about it?
>What is your favourite style? (sweet,gothic,classic,...)
>What is your favourite era of lolita?
>Any special feeling it brings you while looking at it or wearing it?
>What/Who is your inspiration for lolita?

Thank you.
>>
>how did you fall in love with lolita
Um i saw some dresses one day on tumblr and wanted to find out more i always had like a vauge idea of what it was but i wanted to go in deeper.
Its aesthetic mostly i always had a thing for old classic paintings and things of that nature and old European i like how borrows from that while being its own thing.
>What is your favourite style?
classic
I'm still quite new at understanding the different lolita eras but i would say Victorian.
I feel like a monarch or aristocracy from Europe
Milky fawn mostly
>>
>>8869038
>>How did you fall in love with lolita?
2002, Mana pictures on friends' GeoCities websites.

>>What things do you like about it?
the marriage of innocence and subversiveness. quality clothing from independant brands (even the biggest brands are small compared to mass produced fast fashion). a unique silhoutte that has a seeming infinite range of variations within a rather structured rule set.

lolita is artful, like formal* poetry you can wear, expressing individuality through a specific visual vocabulary.

*formal as opposed to free verse, not formal as opposed to informal

>>What is your favourite style? (sweet,gothic,classic,...)
EGL, EGA, and gothic ouji.

>>What is your favourite era of lolita?
now, and a little bit into the future (i imagine), as the resurgance of interest in iconic EGL grows against the influences of the OTT classic/sweet eras. i look forward to a gothic comeback, not based in print culture but in the silhouette and details of the mid-2000s, updated to modern sensibilities without falling for current fads. the gothic branches of lolita have strong roots in the global gothic community that i fancy a return to.

>>Any special feeling it brings you while looking at it or wearing it?
comfy and creative, inspirational and imaginative.

>>What/Who is your inspiration for lolita?
WHO: Mana, LiveJournal-era Chokelate, Arthael, Iiraliina, Buttcape, and Bakasoseji when he still wore ouji.

WHAT: historic fiction, horror, and fantasy. gothic subculture apart from lolita. street fashion, progressiveness, and counter-culture beauty.

>pic related, an iconic EGL look to me
>>
>How did you fall in love with lolita
I honestly can't say I really know. I know I knew of the fashion vaguely in my teen years before I truly discovered it in my early 20's.
>what things do you like about it?
I like how modest it is but mostly I love how lolita looks like the clothes you see girls in old storybooks wearing
Classic
I would say 2010. I know that era is renowned for being the height of ott sweet but I liked how the focus on that let classic be simpler and more casual than it is now.
Like I said I love looking like something from a fairytale.
Old illustrations
>>
File: gamblingproblem.jpg (26KB, 427x226px) Image search: [Google]
gamblingproblem.jpg
26KB, 427x226px
Kamikaze Girls was featured in an anime mag

It originally appealed to my edgy 14 year old self of wanting to be different yet embrace my feminine side without showing skin. Still like it for that, but have grown to like it for other reasons like attention to detail, material quality, fantasy looks, et. al.It's also pretty dang cute.

I like them all, but I mostly wear classic. My favorite substyles are sailor, pirate, and country.

The late 2000s was a good time. It was finally picking up outside of Japan, shops were opening English sites, I saw some interesting blends of other Harajuku street fashions with lolita, lolita was becoming more defined, and I especially loved Angelic Pretty from 2008-2010; sure there was that explosion of prints and ott sweet, but they had a lot of sophisticated pieces.

I still get overwhelmed at how cute everything is. I guess it kind of helps that I live in normalfagville, so it never gets old.

Back then I was obsessed with Nana Kitade, but nowadays, I look up to Midori as well as the usual people looked up to in the lolita community. I also look up to girls in my state and local comm. They're not famous or normally dress in photoshoot worthy coords, but it's great seeing the variety of coords and it gives me hope seeing that lolita is still being worn after all of the years.
>>
File: 1420244110023.jpg (167KB, 600x658px) Image search: [Google]
1420244110023.jpg
167KB, 600x658px
I found the first GLB and picked it up. It was love at first size.

How feminine and girly it is. I love the frills and bows and all that cute shit.

I'm all about that sweet life.

Like 2007-08

It just makes me really happy and I feel pretty when I wear it.

I'm not sure. Just anyone who's wearing something really nice and wearing it well.
>>
an old friend started wearing it and as a sucker for all things cute and pretty, i was intrigued.

lolita is so different to what i wear casually. i'm very lazy in my day to day dressing, i mostly wear leggings and big tshirts/basic skirts and tees even though i have a yearning to dress up, so it gives me the opportunity to do that and feel lovely.

classic with hints of sweet, but i do like ott sweet on other people.

2010/2011, but i really like what's happening in classic now

looking at it makes me wish i was wearing it/that i had the opportunity to wear it more often. wearing it makes me feel so tough and cute, like nothing can touch me.

honestly i don't have any specific inspirations, i just like seeing well coordinated outfits.
>>
>>8869038
Rozen Maiden was my first exposure to "lolita" and my weeb self immediately fell in love with it.

I'm an absolute sucker for small details and small details could absolutely make or break a lolita garment or coord. I also love the elegance of classic and gothic.

Atm I like classic but I loved gothic for a long time too.

OTT classic but I also liked earlier eras from before I was into lolita because coords looked more laidback instead of everyone trying to be more OTT than everyone else.

I feel super elegant. I actually like wearing structured outfits like lolita coords.

I don't really focus specifically on certain people much, mostly just their coords but I love RinRin, Midori, and Nana Kitade.
>>
> I saw a Lolita bible scan, I quickly learned how to buy some clothes with a Japan shopping service.
> It's frilly and fancy and feminine yet can be severe and historical if I want it to be. It's elegant.
> Gothic
> Bit of everything from oldschool to what I bought new this month. Everything but the most babyish pastel sweet of any time. Not too keen on older country Lolita coords either. Most everything else is pretty good.
> I feel like a modern princess.
> these days I don't have a particular inspiration person because my wardrobe is big enough and I've practiced enough that I just put my own ideas together, following the basic Lolita 'rules' (because I like them) and dressing to please myself. I do look at the bibles still but Inspiration sometimes comes from within, I guess. I want my own creativity to guide my coords.
>>
Crossboarding many years ago
Purely the aesthetic. I like both the creepiness of oldschool and the princess look of current stuff
Classic and oldschool
Either 2008 or 2015
Confidence
Street snaps
>>
File: umm.png (138KB, 352x444px) Image search: [Google]
umm.png
138KB, 352x444px
I remember going to the city one day and seeing a group of sweet lolitas at the mall and just being amazed. A few years later I stumbled on 4chan and eventually found /cgl/. I knew what lolita was, kind of, but my curiosity grew only after seeing all the old school gothic pictures. After that, I remember really falling in love with MM's Curious jsk and actually imagining myself buying it when it first came out. Then it kinda escalated from there.

I honestly love the detail and planning part of it. I'm one of those people who makes coords or book marks items without the idea of actually buying anything.

My favourite style is somewhere between sweet and classic.

OTT Classic

It makes me feel really happy and feminine. I like dressing for myself and I love it when I see the amount of effort I put into each outfit.

No one in particular. I usually gather inspiration from creative and well-dressed lolitas. It's really nice to see.
>>
File: tumblr_m5xqlxOpaZ1rrxe89o6_250.gif (744KB, 245x137px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5xqlxOpaZ1rrxe89o6_250.gif
744KB, 245x137px
Misa Amane and all her ita glory. I had that one song she sings in lolita when L dies or something or repeat one day and was like "You know, her style is really cute. I kinda wanna know more about lolita" and it was all downhill for my wallet from there.
I love all the frills and just how fun of a style it is. It's so cute and unique.
Old school without a doubt. At the moment, old school gothic specifically, but that'll probably change when the warm weather returns.
Early old school. 1990s to like 2001 or something. When frump ruled the land.
The best way to describe it is that it makes me feel bubbly. Lolita makes me happy like nothing else.
My queen, Momoko. A truly elegant being.
Old GLB scans, too.
>>
Saw a dress and it was Whimsical Vanilla-Chan, I fell in love right away.
I love the cuteness and that it's so feminine.
OTT Sweet
OTT Sweet
Just makes me feel really happy and like I can take on the world.
RealisticSweet
>>
>>8869038
Came across it looking at Japanese street fashion on the web. Fell in love when I saw two
lolitas at a friend's party.

Feeling pretty without showing skin, wearing clothes because you like them, ability to express your personality/interests with fashion

Sweet/Classic

I think it's a great era right now. There is great access to resources and clothing and lolita has never been so popular overseas.

I feel like a more powerful and resilient me.

Historical fashion, modern fashion, lolitas mixing art and lolita, lolitas who mix styles
>>
File: thedream.jpg (116KB, 469x700px) Image search: [Google]
thedream.jpg
116KB, 469x700px
>>8869038
Sure, OP, I have lots of feels to share
Way back when, I heard about it though anime forums or something. I can't remember the site, I think it was like lolitafashion.org or something. After reading every page on the site, I decided I liked hime lolita lol. I never had enough momey then. I rekindled my love about 2 years ago when I came back to /cgl/ and it was overrun by lolis and I've been pretty serious since then.
Fluffy skirts, highly coordinated outfits, unique and beautiful pieces.
Sweet, classic style with sweet motifs, goth lite (aatp prints). I mostly do solids these days, but I like marine, cats, and dessert motifs for prints.
Old school and OTT sweet. I also like the stuff that Baby/AatP does lately, but I can't really afford to get too much of it and it's not very wearable.
I like feeling like Momoko. I wear old school style most of the time and save my OTT stuff for meets. Old school is great because it's easy to move around in without drowning in accessories. I'm still moving towards getting a fully functional wardrobe so I can wear lolita every day if I wanted. I have a quality garment rack where I keep all of my jfash stuff at the foot of my bed, and when I wake up to see it every morning, it brings me joy.
I look to Harajuku street snaps and official brand fashion shows/ads.
>>
>>8869469
Forgot to mention: a huge inspiration to me is the "Harajuku Girls" trend that Gwen Stefani started. I loved the album when I was a kid, and I remember listening to it in the car with my mom all the time. It's kind of cringey now, but it was the idea that counted, and I think it was a huge bridge between cultures. In this interview, apparently Kyary even says that she's inspired by western artist and was even introduced to the concept of Harajuku Girls by Gwen Stefani's song. I just found that on tumblr so I don't know how reliable it is, but I think it's still amazing that girls around the world can all enjoy crazy fashion as an art together. I never imagined I could live a "normal" life and still be a fashionable pink entity 24/7.
I believe this was happening around the same time as jrock and it's influence was spreading to the west as well, I wouldn't want to discredit that, as it's not just the kawaii style that brought jfash around the world.
>tl;dr I always wanted to be a Herajookoo girl and now I can (almost)
>>
I was in a really bad period of my life and out of nowhere, I saw some retarded steampunk lolita outfit and bought it for a con. After that I got totally obsessed with lolita and spent days reading lolita-tips, so many other blogs for newbies, as well as /cgl/ as I already browsed 4chan. And I realized how much I was wrong.
It makes me feel like a refined person, I'm not sure. I never really worn skirts before because I hate showing my legs but lolita skirts and dresses are long enough and modest. I like all the small details, the elegance, but also the silhouette.
>What is your favorite style?
Classic but also classic-sweet. Normal sweet look too childish to me (especially OTT sweet and pastel prints)
>What is your favorite era of lolita?
I like OTT classic. In general I'd say it is right now.
>Any special feelings it brings you when looling at it or wearing it?
I feel like a girl from a good family or a princess, I'm not exactly sure. While looking at it, I'm really excited and think it's so beautiful. (Except if I'm going to nitpick)
>Who is your inspration for lolita?
I don't have any specific inspiration, I really enjoy some lolitas but their style is really different from mine so they're not inspiration or it depends. Any good coord with colors combinations I like and is in my wardrobe and with small details I couldn't have thought of would be.
>>
I was looking up pictures of hime gyaru on Pinterest, and saw a gorgeous coord with Poison De L'Amour. I got hooked, and the rest is history.
The extravagance of it, for sure. I love that I can dress like a modern-day Southern Belle (I'm from Texas) but in pastels instead of jewel tones! I also love the modesty, since it's hard to find cute, modest clothes nowadays.
Hime will always hold a special place in my heart. I like a more elegant style of sweet. Not quite sweet-classic, but not plain sweet either.
I do love the OTT Sweet era.
I feel way more ladylike, and am more mindful of my posture and manners. It makes me feel pretty and happy.
Milkyfawn and, more recently, Vanilla Bear.
>>
>>8869987
OK, how did I forget about Kimura U? She's my biggest inspiration right now, along with Minori. (Even though Minori isn't lolita...)
>>
File: 609933536_24de9b8914.jpg (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
609933536_24de9b8914.jpg
101KB, 500x500px
I'll answer! I'm feeling really nostalgic right now and it's making me a bit sad so this is good timing.

Stumbled upon a Lolita blog by accident. It was love at first sight. I had never seen it before, but it was the sort of thing that I wished existed for years.

I like the Victorian and fairytale inspiration. I like that it's feminine without being revealing because I'm self conscious about showing skin. I really love the little details the most. The attention to quality.

I don't have a true favorite, but I guess I'm most drawn to a mix of old-school sweet and country.

2000-2008. Modern Lolita is gorgeous but it just doesn't make me hopelessly in love like the older stuff did.

To be honest, wearing Lolita is incredibly exhausting for me, so wearing it at all is special for me. I hope to start trying to wear it on a regular basis though, and start wearing simpler and casual cords. Lolita reminds me that even though there's a lot of sadness in the world, there is also beauty too.

Fairy tales, daydreams, simpler times, a desire to look the way I feel on the inside, all are just some of the things that inspire me. I honestly have way too many to list.
>>
>>8869077
>likes classic
>milkyfawn as inspo
dude wat
>>
bump
Who lonelita here?
>>
>>8869038
Kamikaze Girls. I'd seen anime-tier lolita interpretations before then but when I saw KG I knew that I had to wear it.
I love the silhouette, it's probably why I like so many substyles. The silhouette is the deal maker for me.
I go between sweet and gothic like I'm on a piece of elastic, I can't choose between them.
Pre-2006 pieces have a special place in my heart.
It makes me feel sort of invincible, I guess? I know that sounds really weird but hey.
I actually don't know. A lot of the time I just sort of throw things together and hope for the best. I don't really have an inspiration, though I love seeing coords from my friends.
>>
The quality and pretty prints, even though I moved on to old school pretty quickly.
The beautiful lace, the elegant silhouette and that it's meant to just be pretty and cute, not show off my boobs/butt.
Oldschool sweet.
Probably around 2006, when lolita as a style was finally pinpointed but OTT sweet and decololi weren't around yet.
It makes me feel elegant and pretty.
I'm absolutely horrible with names, but that girl with the ringlet wig. I love her coords.
>>
File: 1403236511626.gif (3MB, 287x191px) Image search: [Google]
1403236511626.gif
3MB, 287x191px
I've always been in love with kimono, and my generic "Japanese fashion" searches back in the early 2000's eventually led me to street fashion in general and I've been in love ever since. I didn't have the money or the drive to learn more and try it out until after I graduated high school.
I love the attention to detail, and that it's so unlike most of what I see on a day-to-day basis. It's refreshing and different without being sexually-charged or obscene.
>>What is your favourite style?
Honestly, I couldn't choose. I sweet lolita more than anything else but classic and gothic are both heavily represented in my wardrobe.
Most of the pieces in my closet (and on my wishlist) were released somewhere between 2010 and 2013, though it wasn't a conscious effort.
I've been wearing lolita for about five years now and I still feel like I'm glowing on the inside when I see a coordinate or a piece I really love. I've also made a lot of really great memories while wearing it too, so there's also a sentimental aspect to it.
I find myself liking a lot of coordinates posted by mintkismet and xylia, and as far as models go I'm a huge fan of RinRin and Midori.
>>
File: 91.jpg (55KB, 287x600px) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
55KB, 287x600px
>>8874098
I'm >>8874081 and I'm a lone Lolita. It doesn't bother me like it does some people, and I'm not really interested in being in a Lolita comm. Sometimes I wish I had a friend who was into Lolita so I had someone to gush about it with though. Since I'm more into old school anyway, it feels sort of fitting that I'm a lone Lolita.
>>
>>8869038

Saw Mana, then some other random pop idol
The detail, the form, the socks, being able to experience something pretty, embodied
Sweet
I'm not sure yet. I like the chiffon trend, with sweet prints that are more regular. Sweetie violet, Misty sky, that kind.
I feel protected, and yet free to have something more than a simple day. Like a self-expression armour. At the same time, sometimes I feel too observed. It is a mixed feeling.
A friend in my comm who wears sweet very well
Aomoji kei, the kawaii culture about enjoying yourself, dressing for yourself, and not for others.

Who else: anyone who goes all out in the fashion in general.
>>
I heard of Lolita in about 2008, possibly through anime. However, I kind of forgot about it. I was into 'quirky' vintage-like clothes with cute prints. One day I googled 'carousel dress' and found Sugary Carnival. It all spiralled from there.
The silhouette, the prints, the 'cuteness'
I go between sweet and classic.
I really like the 'current' era of but 2010-11 era will always hold a special place in my heart.
I get like a warm feeling in my chest when looking at or wearing coords I love. Lolita reminds me of fairytales and storybooks and gives me an almost nostalgic feeling?
I don't really have specific inspirations but i generally really like Fanny Rosie, Milky Fawn and 'mysuburashiilolidays' on tumblr.
>>
>>8869038
I found out about lolita back when I used to make KiSS dolls. A bunch of KiSS doll artists started making lolita stuff at about the same time. I can't remember who I found it from first, but it was either SakuraFairy (Tyler from Lily of the Valley) or Punky/Swiss Cheese Army.
I really love how cute and feminine it is.
Gothic, although as I have gotten older I have begun to like sweet more.
2007-2009 Metamorphose
I feel cute and happy.
It used to be old street snaps and pictures from Japan. Lately I have been going back to that because of old school nostalgia.
>>
Back in 2008 when friend made me watch Kamikaze Girls with her, & then start researching for the fashion style through Google, never looked back since
The silhouette in general, the beautiful dresses, the details that the wearer can add to make the outfit seems like it's out from a story book, the theme that one can create to suit the image they have in mind for a lolita coord
I like all three styles, but I don't do sweet coords in pastel colours
Anything pre-2009
I feel like someone that walks out from a story book, be it a gothic one that involves a witch apprentice or a classic one that involves a dainty lady. It fulfills that magical feeling that sometimes hard to find in daily life
Strangely or not, it's Kira Imai's artworks. Her art style is so beautiful & I strive to look like one of her subjects in her works.
>>
File: img.gif (45KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
img.gif
45KB, 500x393px
>>8869038
I sort of knew of it from anime and even saw the G&LBs referenced in an interview with the Death Note mangakas but didn't care about or understand the style until I saw "Lapin Angelique" in TWEWY and actually researched lolita . Kept reading blogs and obsessing over dresses despite being convinced I'd never be able to wear something so feminine and out-there, ended up getting into lolita three years later.

Like a lot of other anons, I like that it's feminine and pretty without being overly-sexualised, yet still has a subversive edge, and I love being able to take historical influence in my outfits and twist the fashion to suit so many different aesthetics. I don't really get the idea of lolitas trying to keep their childhood dreams of being a princess (pic related). As a kid I hated princesses and pink, but now I'm older I love the way pastels look together - I was a tomboy before getting into alt fashion and still wear jeans most of the time to be practical, but wearing lolita makes me feel amazing.

I go through phases of liking different styles more for a few months, but I mostly waver between gothic, classic and oldschool. At the moment I wish winter was over so I'm into pastel classic and country, but I probably wear gothic most often and really feel like myself when I dress in gothic lolita.

Although I love oldschool, I like the freedom I have now to pick and choose the best of both modern and oldschool eras. If you meant historical eras, I like Victorian styles the best, followed by Edwardian, and a little bit of Georgian/Rococo influence. I really like Tudor style, as well as vintage from the 20s, 30s and 60s, but the silhouettes and aesthetics are somewhat incompatible with lolita although you see them sometimes in otome.
>>
>>8878304
It's hard to explain. I could say classic makes me feel like an elegant maiden, gothic makes me feel like a badass vampire princess, oldschool makes me feel cute, hime makes me feel like a rich bitch, etc, but while those thoughts might be in my head while I wear a coord that's not really what it's about. I wouldn't say it's as simple as feeling pretty, even though I think lolita looks great.

There isn't a particular girl I follow, I follow a lot of people but don't consistently like every coord from any single person or seek to emulate them. I take more influence from historical aesthetics and beautiful things. For the courage, I look at stuff people in subcultures have said about dealing with public reactions. I remember watching a documentary where the Slits said that they had to go round in a four as teens because they were regularly threatened with physical violence and one was even stabbed for being punk. Put the stares I was so insecure about dealing with into perspective a bit.
>>
Thanks to one of JetJ painting dresses, also the historical side made me want to wear it more than anything.
The fact that is pretty lady-like, you don't show much skin, and of course, the perfectionist side of it.
Definitely Classic.
I don't have an specific one but I will say that pretty much anything but old-school works for me.
I love feeling like I'm in the 18th century, eating cake, drinking champagne and tea while wearing lolita just makes me really happy.
Who:Fanny Rossie, Mlle Marianne, Chlora-Virgo.
What: historical fashion (18th and 19th centuries mostly), also western haut couture.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.