[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do you look for roommates to bunk with at a con to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Hanayo Onigiri.png (261KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Hanayo Onigiri.png
261KB, 750x750px
So how do you look for roommates to bunk with at a con to get a better rate?
>>
You go to your favorite cosplayers on Tumblr and Facebook and beg to stay in their room.
>>
>>8818649
networking at cons before hand helps. I'm on pretty good terms with most of my local cosplay comm. You figure out whose going to what and ask any one if they are up for room sharing.

Alternatively look on Cosplay.com or the cons facebook page for people looking for room mates. What I did for a few cons and two up coming ones.
>>
>>8818658

It is just my friend is a concerned people will bail on them or wouldn't pay. He had a previous unpleasant experience from that.
>>
>>8818666
find people concerned about the same thing and everyone pays up front.
>>
>>8818666
Get payment upfront. Most people I've organized with online have requested payment pretty quickly. Its also pretty common to exchange facebooks (or cosplay pages) so you have some accountability if they dont come through or if you are the room mate then it lets you make sure the person you're sharing with is an actual person and not just some one looking for a scam.

For the two rooms I'm sharing with that I dont know the people yet one I paid for as soon as we arranged it, the other I'm paying for two weeks before con. All works out pretty well.
>>
Ask friends or ask /cgl/

Make sure everyone is aware of how much they need to pay, and get it either a few days before or on the first day with cash. If they can't provide by the evening (without a reasonable excuse/not lying), they're not staying in the room.
>>
Not OP but I'm planning on going to PAX with bf and roommate in september.

Roommate is not very fiscally responsible, so it makes me super nervous to be relying on him helping with the room.

But roommate and boyfriend are best friends so I know that if he backs out, then bf is just going to excuse it, and I think that's bullshit.

We'd all be flying from the midwest together, and it's a huge expense for all of us, but we really want to go.
>>
>>8818649
I usually stick with people who I know or made connections with that seem cool as a cucumber, and are will to pay up front or on the day of.
>>
I made a hookup through /cgl/ for a con down in Miami.

Turns out the person thought I was a girl though and when I got there she panicked.Her fault for not bringing up gender. We eventually got the room anyway cause I guess she had her budget planned out or something. She gave me this whole rundown of rules with 99% of them being what not to do. Right before we went to sleep she asked me not to rape her while she slept. I though she was joking so I said " I'll think about it". The next morning she looked like shit cause i assume she stayed up most the night watching me and she came from even further up north than me so she must have been awake for a good while. I kinda felt bad so my advice is if you go through /cgl/ lay some ground rules asap.
>>
>>8820997
>Her fault for not bringing up gender.
Dude, seriously? You are on /cgl/ and you don't think it was a good idea tell her you were a guy in advance?

Yeah its shitty being assumed to be a rapist, but tough shit, you have a dick and are physically stronger than most girls. Not to mention hooking up with people from 4chan of all places is dangerous enough.

A man and a woman should not be rooming together if they are strangers, thats just common sense you fucktard. I personally don't even recommend it for same-sex strangers.
>>
>>8820997
i... wait how in the hell did this not get hashed out in advance?

Every room share I've ever done we always ask for quick descriptions of each other, and always add each other on facebook before con.
>>
>>8821009
>A man and a woman should not be rooming together if they are strangers

Oh boy, do we got news for you.
And not that anon you responded to but it's the girl's fault for not asking for a description of the person they are rooming with and what gender are they. That is basic rooming 101.

>>8820997
>Right before we went to sleep she asked me not to rape her while she slept

That must of felt kinda shitty to hear. Do some women really say this to people's faces?

Also as a girl, if I am going to room with strangers, the first logical thing I would ask is the person's gender. And if the person can pay upfront or do a deposit then pay the rest later a few days before or at the con site.
>>
>>8821018
>Oh boy, do we got news for you.

Uh huh, enjoy raising your rape baby with your "progressive" gender attitudes. I am sure being egalitarian with your personal safety will give you something to think about while you grit your teeth.

Yeah, she was stupid for failing to ask about him, but it was almost deceptive of him to not mention his gender when he hooks up on /cgl/. Wouldn't be surprised if he was hoping for some pussy, such a gentleman.
>>
>>8821018
>Oh boy, do we got news for you.
Yeah it's normal, but usually you say BEFOREHAND that you're a guy. It's usually a given on /cgl/ that you're a girl since they account for 80% of the board population.

She was probably extremely uncomfortable.
>>
>>8820997
It sounds like you two mutually didn't communicate very much besides for hashing out the details about the room so it's not only your fault. Also, why the fuck did she wait until you were both at the con in the room I assume to give you the "rundown of rules?" She should have done that before she booked the hotel not the night of.

Honestly it's her fault for being a weirdo about your gender, half the population is male she needs to learn how to deal with that. Also if she's really scared about getting raped she should not be meeting people of 4chan to room with, whatever their gender.
>>
>>8820997
Naughty boy! You shouldn't say something so hurtful to a shy girl. Mommy is very dissapointed with you for making her think you might rape her, even if your feelings were hurt that is unnacceptable!
Mommy will have to punish you for this.
>>
>>8820997
LOL. Fuck that bitch. Why do girls think all men think about is raping them?
>>
>>8821380
she was probably a past rape victim, and with him joking about raping her he ounds reallly creepy too, but the story just sounds made up for attention
>>
File: gnaw it.png (740KB, 761x596px) Image search: [Google]
gnaw it.png
740KB, 761x596px
>>8821385
>past rape victim finding roomate thro 4chinz
>rape jokes r scarry guys
Upvoted :^)
>>
>>8821376
Ew.
>>
>>8821385
very sheltered ppl tend to say things like that. those that experienced it I assume don't do things like looking for strangers on an anon site to be within inches of them.
>>
>>8821009
>>8821010
>>8821018
>>8821102
>>8821380
I was just giving my 2cents from a lesson learnt. Didn't think it would be a thing. It wasnt that bad an experience as it was awkward but it was my first time splitting a room. It unraveled from a supercon thread and some other person claiming they werent going that year and the girl bummed out and offering if anyone else wanted to. I jumped at the offer cause family told me to not drive there then drive back. would have been more than 20h of awake time and ive never been to supercon. everyone in that thread seemed chill about it and not screaming stranger danger
>>8821385
I just think she didnt want a creeper in her room. It was a good night comment so I took at as a joke myself cause i wasnt exactly sensing a withdrawn tone. she wasnt staring at me like a zoo animal waiting for me to pounce in the hours leading up to it., just awkward silence and some questions along with her donts and donts.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.