[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is majoring in business the best way of placing myself in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1440399017425.jpg (28KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
1440399017425.jpg
28KB, 500x362px
Is majoring in business the best way of placing myself in the lottery of being a future billionare?
>>
No its a guaranteed ticket to be working a 9-5 job in a cubicle.
>>
>>999086

No. What made you think this? Did you conduct any research at all?

Start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_members_of_the_Forbes_400

Let me know how many of these guys have business degrees. Business is a kek degree that won't teach you anything you can't learn in a few weekends on Wikipedia or with some decent textbooks.
>>
>>999100
>Let me know how many of these guys have business degrees. Business is a kek degree that won't teach you anything you can't learn in a few weekends on Wikipedia or with some decent textbooks.

Business is just a general field that encompasses many things.

Most of them have Finance or Accounting degrees.
>>
>>999116
>>999116
>Most of them have Finance or Accounting degrees.

False. Go back and compile the stats. I'll be waiting.
>>
No, the only way to even have a lottery's chance of success is to have millionaire parents. However if you just want to be a multimillionaire, then forget degerees and be an entrepreneur. This will mean jumping into things you are wildly unprepared for and unqualified at. As well as borrowing a bunch of money from friends and family for deals that probably will turn out bad for them. But if you keep at it, eventually after a couple decades, you have a small chance at those millions. Hooray! Don't forget to payback your ex for that loan, you really were the one who screwed up after all.

Sorry, that got a little personal. That's how most of us do it at least.
>>
>>999123
>False. Go back and compile the stats. I'll be waiting.

That's a bit of a narrow look at things considering OP will not be the head of such a company but whatever I'll take a look at the page you linked.

There was 25 people on the page, here's how many of them have one of those "Useless business meme degrees"(didn't include any that had other degrees).

George Soros - Studied at London School of Economics, Bachelors and Masters in Philosophy(le meme degree)

Warren Buffet - Bachelors of Business Administration, Masters of Economics

Jim Walton - Bachelors of Business Administration

S. Robson Walton - degree in Business Administration

Alice Walton - BA in Economics and Finance

Michael Bloomberg - Masters of Business Administration

Steve Ballmer - Applied mathematics and economics

Many of them dropped out or wasn't mentioned what major but it's still important tbqh.
>>
>>999123
>>999306
Also a lot of the people in the list started Tech companies, so of course they had computer science degrees generally rather than Business degrees.

But still a considerable portion had Bachelors of Business Administration.
>>
Is passively choosing a course of study for a few years putting you in a lottery for being a billionaire?

You're in the same boat as desperate schmucks buying PowerBall.

But hey, go for it. Play and win the PowerBall a few times. It's not literally impossible.
>>
As a supply chain major who recently graduated. School has very little to do with the next 40 years of my life. I'm almost positive about that.
>>
>>999123
Well?

I went through it>>999306
>>
>>999123
>>999306
Well idiot?

I went through it. You said you'd be waiting!
>>
>>999306
>including the Waltons who just collect money from the old dead man
>>
>>1000524
It was the people in the list on the page he linked. He said to go through them
>>
A business degree won't even guarantee you the slim, slim chance of becoming a future billionaire.

A business school curriculum, however, is going to teach you the "language of business and commerce". If you want to succeed in your own entrepreneurial venture, or advance in your own career, you need to understand what's going on around you.

When it comes to your job search, some employers will take more kindly to anything related to business studies. Why? Read the segment above.

Accounting, finance, economics, IST, or SCM degrees aren't worth much on their own, but the knowledge behind all of these are actually valuable. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>999086
no, getting in on the next big thing is (not network marketing, bitcoins or some other bullshit)

there is also capital allocation, but it takes a special someone
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.