[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if someone happened to take out student loans,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: 1447643281920.jpg (67KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1447643281920.jpg
67KB, 500x334px
What would happen if someone happened to take out student loans, finish their degree(or not) and then left the country without paying them back?

Their credit would be shot but would anything else happen if they didn't return? Because I'm not sure why this isn't a more significant problem. Couldn't tons of people theoretically do this with no repercussions?
>>
>I posted it again
>>
>>995687
>He's been on this NEET board so long he remembers every thread

lmao that's pathetic.

But really tho i wanted to discuss the topic again
>>
>>995690

>so long he remembers every thread

You mean last week
>>
>>995752
No it was almost a month ago.

You are a confirmed NEET for memorizing every thread lmao
>>
>>995756

Says the poorfag that can't even pay for his art history of basket weaving degree
>>
>>995765
I can afford it, I just don't want to pay for it.
>>
>>995681
Well generally speaking people have family ties and friends and even if they want to leave the country probably don't want to never be able to move back
>>
We had this discussion in class with a teacher and he said you would be flagged as a criminal and you wouldent be able to return to the country in question without being detained.

There is probably more to it but it doesnt seem that bad.
>>
>>995772
>>995775
Worth it tbqh.
>>
My country requires a co-signer, usually people use their parents. So you'd just be fucking over your parents.
>>
>>995771
Stop wanting to act like a nigger then.

You know the price of tuition. If you don't want to pay for it, then don't go.
>>
>>995800
>Stop wanting to act like a nigger then.
Why? If it's so expensive and necessary and I can not pay for it why would I?
>You know the price of tuition. If you don't want to pay for it, then don't go.
But I want the piece of meme paper
>>
>>995806

1) You're retarded and need to immolate yourself

2) Your piece of meme paper is worthless in the other country

3) First generation immigrants are treated like shit in any country and your life will be exponentially harder, even if it's something like going from the US to the UK.

4) The ~$30k tuition is not worth fleeing the country for.

5) Stop making this thread and see #1 again
>>
>>995681
>Couldn't tons of people theoretically do this with no repercussions?

Finding employment outside of the US is hard for Americans. The is doing well compared to the rest of the world economically.
>>
>>995811
>1) You're retarded and need to immolate yourself
Good argument you butthurt NEET
>2) Your piece of meme paper is worthless in the other country
No it's not. Degrees from North America are highly valued in pretty much every country in the rest of the world.
>3) First generation immigrants are treated like shit in any country and your life will be exponentially harder, even if it's something like going from the US to the UK.
No they don't if they're well educated, have money and speak English. Besides I have dual citizenship.
>4) The ~$30k tuition is not worth fleeing the country for.
Try ~$100k. That's why you rack it up as much as possible.
>5) Stop making this thread and see #1 again
eat my gay dick faggot
>>
>>995813
well they get all the oil Money from the Saudis

Or did you mean US instead of IS?

Not that it matters though I guess
>>
>>995813
>Finding employment outside of the US is hard for Americans

Not really.

When you have a degree from a good/decently known school and experience you're in a good spot.

Most countries consider North American Universities to be amazing.
>>
>>995823
He said he has an art degree tho , literally lmao
>>
>>995814
>what is extraditing
You might last 5 or 10 years, but that shit will catch up with you. Your name will be put on a list, and it will stay there until you are eventually caught.

>try ~$100k
ha. You dun goof'd
>>
>>995827
Who said anything about an arts degree?

It was literally never mentioned in the thread.
>>
Step 1. Go to Japan, become an English teacher, they take any whities from an English speaking country with any bachelor degrees

Step 2. Realize that teaching English sucks, realize you have no way back and join the usual Wednesday 9AM train sudoku.

Step 2 is optional, but highly recommended
>>
>>995836
But I want to work in Finance or be le software engineer.
>>
>>995836
I taught in Korea, it was pretty ok. ~$25k/yr and housing was free. It's a great deal if you're trying to un-NEET yourself.
>>
>>995840
well there's demand for IT people there (personally have many acquaintances that work in IT in Tokyo), but they mostly work for multinational companies with seats in the US (Google, FB, Amazon etc.) so not sure how that would work out
>>
well /9gag/?
>>
>>995681
Are you the Brazilian monkey from /int/, cuz if you are then your pathetic status is cross-board.
>>
>>996444
Nope. Did someone repost this? lmao
>>
>>995681

There are basically no stipulations for recieving student loans. They hand them out like air.

I heard there was this story where this guy just kept going back to school and taking student loans. He had been in school for 20 years and had like 10 degrees. Wish I had the link for the story.

Really you never have to pay student loan debt, but I think it comes back to fuck you if you really start to make money, or if you ever want to buy a home.
>>
>>995681
That shit follows you though, what country would you go to (or want to go to) where having shit credit isnt a problem? or where the same giant multinational banks couldnt just garnish wages?

What kind of degree would even be useful in such a place?

Like, if you...idk, got a good chunk of the money saved up or all at once and then went to some shithole country it might be okay because you could live like a king while surrounded by squalor but essentially this is a no go from the start because to even have access to loans that large you'd need a cosigner (they would be private, the federal ones have yearly limits)
>>
>>996476
>I heard there was this story where this guy just kept going back to school and taking student loans. He had been in school for 20 years and had like 10 degrees. Wish I had the link for the story.

That's pretty hilarious. I'd do that if it covered all my living expenses and all. I'd probably go for a PhD in computer science just for le irony.
>>
>>995771
wow, so you're plan was not just to skip the country but to skip the country with a degree that isnt even worth any money here? let alone in some smelly shithole where it wouldnt matter?

"Hik everyone in shitty 3rd world hellhole, i'm an extremely white neckbeard faggot who's never gone a day without food, I would like a high paying job with my worthless degree please!"
>>
>>995681

daily reminder that if you're australian this is legislated from 2017FY.

>they patched this exploit
>back to the drawing board for you.
>>
>>996486
>daily reminder that if you're australian this is legislated from 2017FY.

(c)uckadian

>>996485
>Smelly shithole

you know there's Baltic countries where they have hot women and everything isn't even that bad, they're just poor right?

A degree from a Western country to them is incredible, from what I've heard it would pretty much guarantee a cozy job and life there.
>>
People do this in NZ all the time. They arrest you if you ever return, put debt collection onto you if you're in the Anglosphere, name and shame the worst every year. Meanwhile they charge you interest AND penalty interest for not making repayments.

You can default by going bankrupt, but by the time most idiots look into it their loan is at $300,000 and they have a family/business/house so can't do that.
>>
>>996498
smdh.

I wonder how it is in Canada.

I wouldn't mind moving to some Baltic country like Estonia or something with a PhD to bang hot tight pussy lmao
>>
>>996487
I know none of you faggots will ever do it, but if you do head to the Baltic lands then pick Estonia.

Lithuanian men will murder you for being successful and foreign, Estonian men will want to work with you for connections. Plus their women are typically hotter and healthier.
>>
>>996498
>Go bankrupt to avoid student loans in NZ
Lucky, you can't do that in the USA. The student loans stay with you through bankruptcy.
>>
>>996524
>I know none of you faggots will ever do it, but if you do head to the Baltic lands then pick Estonia.

What's so good about Estonia?

I've heard someone in /biz/ say that their women are absolutely crazy(no female friends besides mom, possessive, etc).
>>
>>996526

It'll change one day no doubt. I think there is a bigger stigma among us about going bankrupt than there is in America though. Don't a lot of Americans go bankrupt for healthcare or something?
>>
>>996526

They're interest free if you stay in the country though, so if you're smart and not going anywhere you just let inflation make you free money.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.