[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Already I regret buying index funds At least I did it last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.jpg (72KB, 484x523px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
72KB, 484x523px
Already I regret buying index funds

At least I did it last week instead of last year

"You shouldn't try to time the markets"

Stocks everywhere are GUARANTEED to fall at least 10%

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2015/12/stocks-more-overvalued-now-than-2000.html
>>
yeah and when fed raises rates your bonds are going to do a lot worse

passive investing is a half century proposition
>>
File: 1326747248183.jpg (6KB, 213x219px) Image search: [Google]
1326747248183.jpg
6KB, 213x219px
>>995541
>index funds
>not buying dividend growth stocks

Lmao, enjoy your -30% during the correction, while I buy blue chip stocks at bargain prices.
>>
>>995546

yeh but I feel like I should use my savings allowance but just leave it in cash, then maybe buy into funds in early 2018

I guess maybe dollar cost averaging is the least worst strategy
>>
Time to go short and become filthy rich.
Show pictures with timestamp as proof.
Its GUARANTEED after all.
>>
>>995541
>Stocks everywhere are GUARANTEED to fall at least 10%
nice b8 m8

>>995547
>dividend growth stocks
Dividends stocks are an outdated trend from when selling stocks was difficult and cumbersome. Nowadays, the only thing you accomplish by buying dividend stocks is constantly paying taxes regardless of your income level. With normal stocks, you have the option to sell whenever you want (typically when your income for the year is low to minimize taxes). You don't get a free lunch with dividends, just tax inefficiency.
>>
*** /BIZ/ GUARANTEED STRATEGY ***

Long US dollar until late 2017

2018 onward - long commodities & stocks

Sure, you might not time it great, but it's better than doing nothing

screencap this
>>
>>995547
Dividend paying stocks do not do much better during recessions actually. Secondly, you'll find they are often horrendoysly overvalued as times like these, there are too many people thinking just like you.
>>
>>995556
so is it a bad idea to have VIG in my ROTH?
>>
>>995689
No, you are fine since your securities grow tax free in a roth
>>
>>995585
That's a funny way of spelling Bitcoin
>>
>>995541
>The median stock, of course, is the one for which exactly half have higher ratios and half have lower. By focusing on the median, Davis’s findings are immune from the charge that they are being skewed by outliers — such as the terrible earnings among energy companies.

What if most of the companies with high p/e and p/s ratios are smallcap or growth stocks?

Only if the median is based on cumulative market cap, rather than the number of individual stocks, can the statistic be said to offset outliers.
>>
>>995541
maybe not cumulative market cap, cumulative net earnings with negative net earnings counting as zero, that way we are looking at companies which are not speculative

or possibly average net earnings over the last 10 years, which is actually like the "Cyclically Adjusted P/E Ratios commonly known as CAPE" the article mentions

I will read more then I guess..
>>
>>995541
the shiller p/e ratoi

tbqh I'm confused

the shiller ratio is based on the S&P 500, the total market cap / earnings of the top 500 companies on the NYSE and NASDAQ and is roughly representative of mature companies as a whole

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclically_adjusted_price-to-earnings_ratio

is this the same for the Median NYSE stock’s current P/E and price/sales ratio? Is it the total entire market cap and earnings/sales? Or are you taking individual company's p/e ratios, lining them up, looking at the one in the middle and taking that as your median?

>The median stock, of course, is the one for which exactly half have higher ratios and half have lower
>>
Go long on cheap, stable oil stocks. The only place to find bargains atm. Just make sure you ready for a bumpy run over the next year or two...
>>
>>995731
Kekked
Anyone who would long Bitcoin is out of thier fucking mind. Keep your shitcoins to the shitcoin thread.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.