[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martin Shkreli's company is again sharply increasing the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

Martin Shkreli's company is again sharply increasing the price of a decades-old drug for a serious infectious disease. This time it's the Chagas disease, a parasitic infection that can cause potentially lethal heart problems.
>>
>>995406
Why dont do the jews do something about him, he is single handedly setting back their image 500 years
>>
>>995411

Is this guy actually doing this in all seriousness or is he just fucking around for some other purpose? I strongly get the impression that he's totally fucking with people but I don't think I understand the move.

He even bought the million dollar Wu Tang album for fuck's sake.
>>
>>995411
>>995413
VRX is run by ex heinz Execs. This is done all the time but journalism never took interest until him.

Big Pharma is out for your money. The US is the only country where you can advertise drugs.
>>
>>995418
>journalism never took interest until him.

Yes I've been aware of this but I can't figure out why. Is it because he just sort of almost cartoonishly looks like an asshole business guy? He's got one hell of an aggravating appearance.

I live in Canada and I'm not unhealthy at all so the whole situation feels pretty distant from me btw.
>>
>>995418
New Zealand too
>>
>>995406

DON'T HATE THE PLAYA HATE THE GAME
>>
Where can I buy the rights to decades-old drugs to jack the price up? Martin Shkreli is an inspiration for /biz/ shitposters such as myself everywhere.
>>
>>995406
Some write biography of this great man. I wanna learn a thing or two. Become rich as fuck by 33.
>>
Didn't he buy a Wu Tang album for $2M and didn't even listen to it? Sounds like an alphamale.
>>
>>995626
>alpha
>that face
Pick one
>>
>>995458
Research and a lot of cash. Plus manufacturing connections as well as some marketing and a sufficient business license to sell drugs. So really its pretty easy
>>
>>995413

He's just being himself - a greedy, little prick.
>>
>all this hate for the man

I would do it in a heartbeat
>>
He's doing it to get media attention. Plain and simple. Any publicity is good.
>>
I've been watching his streams, growing to like him 2bh, guy's hilariously autistic
>>
>>996623
Autistic is putting it mildly. The dude streams for 10 hours strsight EVERY SINGLE DAY. He's worth millions but instead spends all day inside failing miserably while hitting on 35 year old women. To top it off he randomly appoints chat mods entirely on a whim, and let's them be as power mad as they like. I just don't get the dude at all. He's definitely an asshole though. A very odd and autistic asshole.
>>
>>996631
He's rolling in dough and getting media attention every week, if this boy's smart he'll keep doing more outrageous shit
>>
>>995406
end user costs don't change. Increased charges are all paid by insurance companies. There are far better alternatives to the drug out there. All doctors need to do is stop prescribing out of date medication that shouldn't even be on the market anymore. He's actually incentivizing better care, if you think about it.
>>
>>995419
If you watch his interviews and hearings and such he's exactly what rich guys in the establishment who've worked all their lives for their position and wear that badge on their chest would call a "little shit." He's a smarmy, in your face troll to these guys, that's all. He looks and acts in such a way as to maximize how much he can piss people off.
>>
>>996631
>The dude streams for 10 hours strsight EVERY SINGLE DAY
Because people watch it. He's basically a celebrity in his own way.
>>
Anybody know if this guy gonna pull another KBIO?
Would love to make a quick thousand.
>>
>>996344

SJW detected.
>>
>>995406
Good, he is based as fuck,

Actually fixing the drug and charging the healthcare companies
>>
>>995418
Yet doctors charge you out of the pocket to visit them? Shkreli is bringing more attention to this disease and maybe doctors will actually start diagnosing people with it. The dudes doing good things yet the media twists that shit around like crazy.
>>
File: 1448866591965.jpg (142KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1448866591965.jpg
142KB, 600x450px
He is my idol, I made a poster of him for my room two years back before he was famous.
>>
>>995411
he is not Jewish actually.
>>
>>995411
He's albanian, so he's actually improving it.
>>
>>995406
I think it's the heavy amount of make-up the guy wears that make him look like a cartoon villain... makes him look aggrevating
>>
File: image.png (591KB, 1403x873px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
591KB, 1403x873px
Absolute madman, he is streaming again.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8gjB1PSXv_oAUSAQ16S0fA/live
>>
>>997470
>I'm not going to come to 4chan
>>
>>995427

This
He's just gaming the Obamacare situation.
Crank it to $500 per pill and the government would still pay.
It's why the premiums will go up 15-30% a year until people start dropping out.
>>
>>996882
>>997470

He has a doc in the description and one of the excel files says ARNA: "I will go ham at 1.50"
>>
>>997470
Wow, this guy is an even bigger loser than me.

This is coming from a broke neet on autismbux
>>
>>995406
Martin is great, because he knows exactly what to do to reel in liberal fags to cry and subsequently create greater regulation from the shill politicians in biotech. He's playing both sides of the fence, I wouldn't be surprised if he's shorting IBB, and buying stock in companies that offer a cheaper alternative to his own. That's what Shrek does, he manipulates people's overreactions and relies on irrational exuberance following to make a buck.
>>
It's perfectly reasonable to do what he's doing. The market will decide. And that's always best.
>>
>>997470
is this real life?
>>
HERE IS THE NUMBER BIZ!!

6.4.6-2.1.7-2.7.8.3
>>
Who was that who just called hahhahahahha?
>>
you kids making me cringe
>>
ya man, this kinda sucks.
>>
Hi guys.
>>
you do know that he has a short on the pharma industry because he is trying thr goad the government into forcing regulation onto the industry. thats why he advertises his dick moves
>>
>>997492
isnt that illegal?
>>
>>997479
>government would still pay
You mean the tax payer
>>
>>995419
people have always been interested...ish, but viral news really dominates these days. Viral activism will be a buzzword in the second half of this decade. I promise you. screenshot this.
>>
>>997875
not the same.

The taxpayer gives the government money, but has no control over where the money goes. This is a system more akin to robbery (though, admittedly, necessary).
>>
>>997470
If this man was around to do this stuff back when 4chan actively named kings and queens to any cute namefag, he would be the king of /biz/
>>
>>997899
>though, admittedly, necessary
Not really. The only things government is necessary for is keeping of the peace and the justice system.
>>
>>997899
But that still means some of my tax money is going to Shkreli's bank account just for raising some bullshit daraprim drug that wont affect me
>>
>>998272
I wish I was as naive as you. Ahh to be 20 again.
>>
>>998272

And highways, Inter-state commerce regulation, currency, foreign trade, national minimum regulations... you know, not much.
>>
>>995418
Big pharma can advertise prescription drugs in Canada too. The way they do it is advertise directly to doctors and convince doctors to prescribe their brand
>>
>>998278
Well shitposted my friend

>>998279
>And highways, Inter-state commerce regulation, currency, foreign trade, national minimum regulations
None of that is necessarily a government function besides interstate commerce regulation and currency you moron

For being on /biz/ you fags know fuck all about business, politics, and economics
>>
>>998272
>keeping of the peace and the justice system
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
Every drug costs like 20 times more in the US. Thats what you get when jews own a business
>>
File: ron.jpg (44KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ron.jpg
44KB, 480x270px
> Born: April 1, 1983 (age 32)
>>
>>998350
You clearly have never been to a country with a shit tier government. It is no joke.
>>
>>995406
intellectual property is just a big joke, on all of us
>>
>>995406
Ironically this will spur development of new drugs as the market will increase dramatically. Development of parasitic drugs has been at a stand still for decades.
>>
>>995406
Has there ever been a more punchable face?
>>
File: very smug.png (137KB, 1631x1571px) Image search: [Google]
very smug.png
137KB, 1631x1571px
>>995406
Shkreli is as smug as ever

He's like a real life smug pepe
>>
>>995406
Maybe I am a retard, but shouldn't some company produce a drug with the same effects at a lower price?
>>
File: randpepe.png (104KB, 879x499px) Image search: [Google]
randpepe.png
104KB, 879x499px
>>998575
what is it about people like this that makes them so smug
>>
>>998669
there's things called patents you know
>>
>>998688
Oh, yes. Now I get it, that's why there's only one kind of medication for headache.
>>
>>998692
there isn't, because headaches aren't something as specific as the drugs they are producing. Also patents on medication are usually only granted for a certain period of time, to create a monopoly that encourages research
>>
>>998696
Wow, you just have to be smarter than everybody else, aren't you?
>>
>>998701
?

you asked a question and I answered it m8
>>
>>998704
faggot
>>
>>995418
he was short IBB.

Brilliant move.
>>
>>996631
its the ultimate redpill
no matter how successful you are, life sucks.
>>
>>998669
>>998688

FDA regulations make it extremely expensive to get a new drug approved for sale in the US.
this also applies to generic copies of existing drug.

shkreli bought the right to market the already approved drug X. competing pharma companies who want to sell drug X have to get their version of it approved by the FDA, which requires jumping through a lot of hoops, paying lots of money and wasting lots of time. since shkrelis drug X is a pretty niche drug that doesnt have a very big market, no drug company bothers doing this.

tl;dr
FDA effectively provides a monopoly to shkreli
>>
File: 097430259782345.png (517KB, 1324x806px) Image search: [Google]
097430259782345.png
517KB, 1324x806px
ROUND 2 NIGGAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCB6AybM4Cs

Here is his phone number - 6462172783

someone ask him some good business questions this time instead of faggotry
>>
>>998838
Tried calling
>>
>>996623
>I've been watching his streams, growing to like him 2bh, guy's hilariously autistic

this lmao, guy is an autistic psycopathic, got drunk off to beers last night as said he has no friends and no one likes him
>>
>>998874
yea, he didnt answer, he s fag who plays guitar
>>
>>995406

Is it just me, or does look like he's always trying to desperately hold in a fart every time he smiles?
>>
This guy was making 50k a year when he was 16 and made 500k on the side with personal investments.

Don't kid yourself this guy is a fucking genius.
>>
>tfw just learned this guy grew up in the same neighborhood as me, is a league playing esports faggot, and went to baruch
Maybe there's still some hope for me
>>
>>998886
Time to take notes
>>
>>998890
see >>998886
>>
>>998890
30% acceptance rate is a shit school?
>>
>>998890

Damn and you didn't even network with him? There is no hope, you could've been on easy mode right now.
>>
>>998938
>networking with this sociopath
only when you have something to offer him
>>
So did anyone ask him which biotech is his next short target?
>>
>>998886

Are you serious my nigga? That is completely false, he is a fucking Albanian subhuman who stumbled into $100 million by charging taxpayer.

Fuck that little faggot
>>
>>998958
He's playing a dumb system, and making great profits.
>>
>>998955
SO WHATS HIS NEXT SHORT
>>
I found shkreli address,

He lives in the Murray hill tower on 245 E 40th street
>>
His apartment is 1BH 18H

Some British guy on /pol/ found it yesterday looking though shkreli a streams
>>
>>998955
>>998965
So let me get this straight. You guys had one of the most notorious shortside twitter accounts out there drunk and lonely and looking for friends ANONYMOUSLY and didnt ask him what his next target was? Instead, you clowns asked him his favorite band? No, this cannot be true
>>
>>998999
Obviously mr sheckle is not going to tell the truth
>>
>>999002
Hurrrr hes lyong anyways better ask him what kind of pizza he likes
Wow. New low, /biz/
>>
>>998946

Jew gold. If not that, say you know a Thai hooker who sucks dick for $5. It doesn't take a huge bargain to entice a Jew.
>>
>>998999
People asked, he just says "Don't ask me for advice, I couldn't care less about you." He says this about any requests for personal advice, stock related or not. Though he did give one person tips on their stock picks because they were female, kek: https://youtu.be/biR2QFgwkLk?t=1h15m18s
>>
>comment in his live steam
>marty these girls want the D
>because theres a bunch of girls in it saying pointless shit
>he passive aggressively says "that reminds me of my phone...its choc full of that....girls who want the D.."

>2 minute ban from his chat

fuck this nigger
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.