[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>stuck as a walmart cashier, maybe moving up to hourly supervisor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: background.jpg (212KB, 1920x1052px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
212KB, 1920x1052px
>stuck as a walmart cashier, maybe moving up to hourly supervisor
>only have an associates in art (lel)
>told by advisers that I have almost 0 chance of getting into grad school because I fucked around too much freshman year
>moving
>less than a grand to my name as I spent a majority on it for the move + first few months rent
>still want to study i/o psychology or something to that affect but have no idea how I'm going to pull this off

I'm at a loss guys what the fuck do I do to start the moneys.
>>
>Shitty degree
>Wants another shitty degree
Sorry anon. /biz/ can't help you. You're fucked in the head.
>>
>>994494
Why do you want to study worthless things?

Why can't you just torrent a couple psychology books and study off that? I don't get it.
>>
>>994511
>>994509
Then what the fuck should I do exactly.
>>
File: 1445127306678.jpg (5KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1445127306678.jpg
5KB, 256x256px
>>994512
sucking dick looks like your only option m8 better buy them knee pads or an hero
>>
>>994512
>Then what the fuck should I do exactly.

You should torrent psychology books and study them that way if you're interested in.

Why do you feel the need to spend money and be forced into studying a certain number of hours per week/lectures on soemthing that will not make you any back?

You can read the exact same books, just not having a huge commitment or spending money.
>>
>>994494
You work at a Walmart and you don't know how to use that to your advantage? You have to realize that most of your colleagues are making sub-standard wages and are waiting for a revolutionary such as yourself to lead them to the promise land. The potential for a criminal organization within those four walls with unified ranks and a chain of command is waiting for someone with the brass and tenacity to achieve it. Will this Napolean of the price slashing, blue aisle megastores be you? I think it will. Go make us proud.
>>
>>994515
I'm more referring to the current state of my future financial affairs (That is, I have almost no future this way) if I actually wanted to become an I/O Psychologist. Problem is I have no idea what similar, possibly more profitable fields are. I'd like to be able to invest some day when I have the cash TO invest.

>>994518
ok thanks I'm going to go incite a riot at a tiny neighborhood walmart now viva la revolucion.
>>
>>994520
>I'm more referring to the current state of my future financial affairs (That is, I have almost no future this way)

Why don't you start by stealing things from your store?

You have tons of free shit lying in front of you, why don't you take it?
>>
>>994523
Because they're firing people left and right for stealing shit and our district manager's running around trying to catch people since apparently I picked the second most ghetto walmart to work at.

Plus I'm really shitty at being sneaky.
>>
>>994520
>incite a riot
You're thinking small, ma boy. Open your mind.
>>
>>994525
>Plus I'm really shitty at being sneaky

So figure it out.

You're a smart guy right? You want to study psychology too? So you should be able to think of psychological tricks and ways to steal a bunch of shit.

Cmon use your noodle.
>>
>>994527
I palm 5 hour energy shots to get through the day every once in a while but that's about it. It's a neighborhood market that only does groceries so there's not much I could grab that's worth it unless I'm literally starving and need food.
>>
>>994520
You will not become a psychologist. Let's just clear that up right now. To become a licensed psychologist you need AT MINIMUM a doctorate in psychology, preferably with some kind of medical background. An undergrad in psychology is /literally/ worthless. It doesn't even help you get into a doctoral program for psychology unless you have it in addition to a real degree.

If you want to learn about psychology and get into intellectual conversations at parties just torrent some books and read that.
>>
>>994531
>If you want to learn about psychology and get into intellectual conversations at parties just torrent some books and read that

This. Even though I've said it a few times.

Literally why spend your money on dumb ass shit? Going to school is an investment, consider whether it will help you or not. If it does not benefit you in any way why even do it?
>>
>>994534
>>994531
Then what exactly would be my best bet to get into?
I tried an accounting course but that shit literally bored me to sleep.
>>
>>994529
Ok let me give you one scenario:
>you're a cashier
>buddy comes in during slow hours
>he goes to your aisle
>you ring up his cheap items and conveniently forget to ring up his expensive ones by swiping on the side where there is no barcode
>oops!
>the camera shows cash exchanging hands and nothing else
>profit?
>I think so
Therse are some of the ways of pilfering Walmart for that extra bonus they forgetfully didn't award you. This is how you remind them without them getting offended. I would go into detail on other ways of removing part of the CEOs pension plan but you're obviously not ready for that yet.
>>
>>994538
This.

There's a million and one ways my good goy.

You just need to keep your eyes open and use your head to think of something.
>>
>>994538
Op here on phone. I've always gotten my bonus it sounds like you're a salty ex employee. You do have a point but there's literally nothing expensive here.
>>
>>994544
>You do have a point but there's literally nothing expensive here.

Yeah you're a fucking retard.

my last posti n this thread but it can be something as simple as a bunch of batteries which you later return/sell.

You have ZERO critical thinking skills. You can literally get a friend to "buy" a bunch of batteries(a few of those big packs) and then you forget to scan them, and then they come to return them, unopened. Literally free money.
>>
>>994536
Maybe you should work on staying awake or find something that doesn't put you to sleep.
>>
>>994546
>free money
>can only do it 3 times, requires a manager and your ID without a receipt and will only get you store credit
I'm missing something

>>994547
That's what I'm trying to find.
>>
>>994544
The bonus part was meant to be humorous lol. I've never worked as a cashier or at a grocery store although I know plenty of people who have. Are you saying there is no items even worth $100 there? Come on. There have to be appliances or powdered protein cans or game consoles or something. You sure it's a Walmart?
>>
>>994550
Neighborhood market. It's a grocery store. I could do protein powder cans but I have no buyers.
>>
>>994549
You don't even have to return them. Sell them on eBay. Do we have to spell out everything for you?
>>
>>994555
Literally yes I've been a "good kid" my whole life and am tired of just getting shit on for it. I don't know how all this works.
>>
>>994556
Welp that's all the time we have for today, folks. Come back tomorrow for further lessons on "Walmart, and how to make the most of your job". I hope today's lesson was both informative, and helpful.
>>
>>994555
>>994556
>>994568
This is my (2nd) last post.

Why are you so dumb OP. You deserve your shitty arts associates and dead end job.

>Literally spelling out whatt to do
>Still doesnt understand
>>
>>994572
Thanks br0
>>
>>994512
Get a job and save money. Don't even think about more school until you have a little cushion
>>
>>994776
I do have a job I'm trying to get a promotion in. I guess I can build up a buffer until I have money to invest though I was considering student loans and just becoming a part time substitute teacher or some shit idk life is strange
>>
>>994791
Teaching jobs have been oversaturated for a long time. Get a business degree and move into management. Later you can quit and get a job as a manager at a higher paying company and they'll pay you to get an MBA.
>>
Military as a non combat role, if you have the discipline to actually save money. If you dont stay home and struggle
>>
>>994938
Solid info, actually. Wish teaching wasn't so saturated because I really do enjoy helping people and teaching in general.

>>994942
I have a history of depression and physical illnesses (asthma/bronchitis mostly), but for noncombat they should still be okay with that yeah? Military is more or less a last resort for me as both parents were in the USAF as combat medics
>>
>>994494

I have a master's in I-O Psychology.

I wouldn't really endorse it.

What do you wanna know?
>>
>>995275
Basically what kind of opportunities there are. If it's just HR and management shit it'd probably be easier and more cost effective to work my way up in a company than spend XX grand on a master's, yeah?
>>
>>995282

HR or consulting. Occasionally management. but good look convincing corporate that your strange psych degree should be trusted in management.

your better off with just a bachelors of business than an IO psych degree.

they ramped up this specialty degree thinking it would be the "next big thing". I think most people in corporate dont give a shit.

HR is alright. Consulting is good if you have the mindset for it. I don't wanna be a corporate slave and travel every week though.

I don't use the degree at all. I regret acquiring it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.