[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here have any experience franchising? I have experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: mcdonalds.jpg (12KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds.jpg
12KB, 640x360px
Anyone here have any experience franchising? I have experience in management and I'm finishing up a business degree and it's something I was considering, not necessarily pic related but something along these lines. I live in Canada btw.
>>
>>993412

My father in law has 2 partners that he owns 8 little Caesars with, and a few checkers. He was a manager of most of the checkers in Maryland/DC before he branched out on his own.

He seems to be happy with it, but sometimes regrets leaving his other job. His health is failing, and he still is working 12 hour days. There are a lot of niggers that work for him so he constantly has to stay on top of them or they fuck him.

He has a nice house, eats well, drives nice luxury car, has a boat, vacation house, etc.

The man is never able to use them though because he's always working. Good thing I'm free on the weekends to enjoy them.
>>
My wife's Father owns a few Arby's in Florida.

Just because you have experience and education doesn't mean you can own a franchise. Most places require you to be an accredited investor before they even consider you. And most of the good ones are going to run you $500K+ per store.

Start with something small and cheap like a janitorial franchise or some other B2B business. My Father in law's first business was a plumbing franchise. He pretty much had a monopoly on the entire city (small ~20K people) after 20 years and sold the business to somebody, in which he bought his first Arby's place. Don't expect to get rich on it, but it'd give you experience in running a business. Then if you have the capital, go for something bigger. Retail can be stressful though especially during slow seasons. I would personally go for a B2B or service franchise, where you're getting contracts of guaranteed consistent revenue.
>>
>>993412

You're basically buying a job, but at least you get to go straight to a management position

You'll never get baller rich, but you will probably be comfortable

It's low risk, low reward
>>
>>993412

The only thing worse than running a restaurant is running a restaurant that is a franchise.

Enjoy paying an exorbitant fee to buy in, and then giving 3% - 9% of the gross income to corporate every year.
>>
>>993456
Buying a job is a common theme, I believe many franchises require you are an owner-operator of sorts.
>>
>>993653

Dunkin Donuts does not, but they also require a 5 resurant commitment up front.
>>
>>993412
Why would you pay money to babysit a bunch of lazy niggers?
>>
>>993456
>>993653
This.
In Australia we call it buying yourself a wage too.
Long hours.
Alot of work.
No holidays.
Mandatory Fitout, branding costs.
Locked in suppliers.

7-11 got into hot water here recently because it was proven the only way the model could work was for a franchisee to rip off its staff
>>
As others discussed, the biggest issue is that you are paying huge franchise fees which leave even a succesful franchisee with nothing or very little - if you can invest up front and do a few succesful stores you might be ok but it's very rarely worth it
>>
I'm not totally against franchising but like anything else you need to do your homework. I know a guy who owns 5 Papa Johns and does really well. Read up on Quizones or Cold Stone for some horror stories.
>>
Success in any business always comes down to who you hire and how you manage.
Unless you wanna be rich with no time, you gotta pay a manager more, give them more responsibility and be strict as fuck
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.