[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I wanted to become a stockbroker, which fields of study and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: mooney.jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mooney.jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
If I wanted to become a stockbroker, which fields of study and social skills should I base my time around?
>>
>>991229
You mean advise other people and buy/sell their investments for them?
Kind of a dying gig.
>>
>>991229
Be honest. Did you watch Wolf of Wallstreet?
>>
>>991240
Bingo. No seriously though, I've been taking classes in finance for quite a while now, and haven't been able to settle on a career related to that. Stockbroker kinda stood out though, once I started doing research on it. Kinda like a telemarketer you can trust, no?
>>
>>991247
You fucking idiot. You clearly just watched that edgelord shit and want to be that, otherwise you'd know stock brokers virtually don't exist anymore.
>>
>>991247
If you've studied Finance in any manner for any period of time you would realize that stockbrokers pretty much died out.

God this board is just something else...
>>
>>991247
>classes in finance for quite a while

...Right
>>
>>991259

Not OP

Man I was thinking the same thing. There's really no NEED for a stock broker. I feel like what Jordan Belfort did made it impossible to get rich like that again more so because he found a loop hole am I right?

Lets flip the question around to this:

What kind of jobs would a successful stock broker thrive in?

In the same sense that MAYBE a former soccer player might be able to be a good kickboxer because of how similar the exercises to progress can be
>>
>>991301
>What kind of jobs would a successful stock broker thrive in?

Sales jobs.

Is everyone on this fucking board underaged?
>>
>>991259

Again dude I've been waiting on this opinion for that movie. Its so cringy, the idea of being turned on to investing because of what you see in that film. more than half the shit is fake and the based on a book that was written by a con artist so you know he embellished.
>>
>>991301
>impossible to get rich like that again
Very possible.
Belfort wasn't able to do what he did because he was a stockbroker, he was able to do it because he was a criminal.
>>
>>991303

Captain obvious!

What do you gain from derogatory questions like that? Why go out of your way? Who are you better than, now that you've asked that question?
>>
>>991307
It seemed like he took advantage of the 50 percent commission from penny stocks. Is that even a thing still? Was it ever?
>>
>>991303

It was a subject changing question asshat do you even fucking english?
>>
>>991309
>What do you gain from derogatory questions like that?

Because in the last 10 minutes I've seen at least 5 blatantly underaged posters(2 of them in this thread, one is you).

>What kind of jobs would a successful salesman be good at?
Gee I don't know
>>
>>991310
Belfort was a pump and dumper. Like most of those schemes, they were shilling penny stocks.
Easier to accomplish back when people had more trust in brokers.
>>
>>991314
I asked what did you gain and you've done is say "hurrrrr hey biz i spotted a new guy

Im ASSUMING theres more than one position in life for people who can effectively read charts and predict trends. MAYBE I don't know exactly what a stock broker is or does but im assuming the classes you take in college to be one can help you in other fields besides fucking sales

The part where you really look stupid; im not underaged. You're such a shitty investor lol you just ran off assumptions, LOST, and now you look like a dumb faggot. Ill admit, im underaged as far as understanding business(i usually just chill and make 18 an hour as an electrician) but im literally 23 yrs old so suck a cock you broke bitch. I've never heard of you so any info you have can be directed to the trash where it belongs

Thanks friend,
>>
Here is what you do

>Network in college
>Probably join a fraternity
>Eek through with padded grades
>Know juuuuuust enough to pass your series seven
>Pass your exam, get your broker's license
>Be hired because of your networking
>Make a great salary until you burn out on stress or are fired as a consequence of loosing too much money too many times
>Blow all of your money on a flashy lifestyle built around the consumption of luxury goods
>If you don't hang yourself out of stress, lose your job early, or decide to tip out and retire early then you hang on to a stressful career that you probably don't care all that much about aside from the paycheck
>>
>>991325
>Im ASSUMING theres more than one position in life for people who can effectively read charts and predict trends

Stockbrokers don't "read charts or predict trends", it's literally a salesman job.

>MAYBE I don't know exactly what a stock broker is or does
Is google available?

- Oh look I googled it:

DEFINITION of 'Stockbroker'

1. An agent that charges a fee or commission for executing buy and sell orders submitted by an investor.

2. The firm that acts as an agent for a customer, charging the customer a commission for its services.

>(i usually just chill and make 18 an hour as an electrician) but im literally 23 yrs old so suck a cock you broke bitch

Yup underage detected.

Making $36k/year and calling others "broke bitches"? Who are you kidding, it's obvious you're in highschool.
>>
>>991327
Alright then prick lets see some screenshots and please go into detail about why you have such a huge stick up your ass. I still don't see how me being younger than you and then you knowing it makes your dick hard. That's what I dont get

>ugh look at this post
>i know, ill sarcastically ask if everyone here is underaged, its the perfect insult considering how much he doesn't know

Want to play google? Why don't you google the average age for people who make 36k a year
>>
>>991336
And when i say screenshots i mean screenshots of your succeful portfolio and savings. Lets see how much more your old ass actually knows than me
>>
>>991336
>>i know, ill sarcastically ask if everyone here is underaged, its the perfect insult considering how much he doesn't know

You made a post about something where you don't even know what they do. Which you could've just googled and not looked like a retard.
>>
>>991339

Thank you. That's awesome advice dude. Get the fuck out of here if you read the thread its me trying to derail OP's stupid fucking Wolf of Wall Street question to something that actually exists. Hence the question

A stock broker can excel in the following fields:

>insert your ass hat response here

You fucking clown learn to invest your time wiser
>>
>>991344
You then implied that a stockbroker "reads charts and predicts trends".
>>
File: QuickMemo+_2015-11-23-08-03-11.png (415KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2015-11-23-08-03-11.png
415KB, 540x960px
>>991346

Oh my...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.