[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much should I put into oil /biz/? How low can it realistically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 6NfmQ.jpg (26KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
6NfmQ.jpg
26KB, 480x445px
How much should I put into oil /biz/?

How low can it realistically go?
>>
Supply and demand. How many barrels are filled. Its costing many companies storage. Some companies and methods might go under. Its also priced in dollars which are changing as well. I also don't know your time scale.
As far as speculation plays like this. I use 10% of investment capital. no individual position larger than 1% risked. One aggressive experiment is 2%.
>>
If you're buying shares in US or European oil you better hope that the dollar stays pinned to the Saudi Riyal or you're fucked for years m8.
>>
Warren Buffett has been scooping up oil stocks like penny candy, if that doesn't answer your question idk what will.

I just bought 10 shares of SU (Canadian oil company) at $25.25/share this morning. You really can't buy enough right now. If it goes lower just buy more. Our dependency on oil won't run out just because the current supply vastly outweighs the demand. Eventually we will see high priced oil again, although maybe not for several years yet.
>>
>>989954
I did something similar. Bought a fair amount of Suncor thinking that Buffett is a smart guy, we're probably near the bottom of the oil pain.

I realize now how fucking stupid that sounds. I am exagerating my investment knowledge, and should stick to indexs entirely.

I'm already losing money. I'll hold and cross my fingers for conflict in the middle east to seriously disrupt supply.
>>
>>989980
You don't buy stocks with the assumption that you will make money from it and sell in a few months. That is a meme.

Buffett buys all his stocks with the intention of holding on to them at least 5 years. In 5 years the likelihood of oil being up 100% from where it is now is a good bet. That averages 20% a year. That's how you make money in stocks. Everything else is speculation.
>>
>>989980
>>989954

Former Suncor investor here.

A few things to keep an eye out for...

1. Since they automatically take out foreign tax on dividends, you'll want to figure that into your calculations.

2. They are really tied to Libya. When Libya went nuts a few years back, SU lost nearly 40% of its value.
>>
>>989991

I guess that depends on whether you're talking investing or trading.

For investments, I have a list of companies that I buy and hold forever.

For trading, I have companies that I am in for between 3-5 days.

Both will work, depending on how close attention you pay.
>>
File: download.png (70KB, 460x306px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
70KB, 460x306px
We're probably going to see $20 a barrel in the next few months.
>>
Its almost $35 a barrel. Thats fucking insane. People are fucking retarded on here saying the govenments are just going to let the world slid into depression and we wont need any oil... LMFAO how retarded honestly. Oil WILL BE UP in next spring/ summer from this winters lows. 100% no question no debate.
>>
>>990190
>govenments are just going to let

That's right goyim, gobmts will just QE our way out of every problem !
>>
>>990203
Hell yea son, that's why we need to take advantage of this strong dollar and trade them in for oil and silver while we have the chance. I'm not saying buy everything right now but we better be ready to drop big bucks into commodities when we hear the fed is going to come in and save the economy again. I'm %100 against money printing but at this point we have no other option and china is killing us with the yuan manipulation anyways.
>>
>>989850
As much as you can. If the U.S. doesn't buy it, China/India will.
>>
File: 04858080789787 - Copy (2).jpg (82KB, 508x504px) Image search: [Google]
04858080789787 - Copy (2).jpg
82KB, 508x504px
>>990190
well then, i would suggest you go and buy some barrels with a decent leverage. good luck with your oil price shooting up kek
>>
File: 1449611003730.jpg (125KB, 962x642px) Image search: [Google]
1449611003730.jpg
125KB, 962x642px
What are some oil stocks to invest in? Just asking for a little variety.
>>
File: kek.jpg (126KB, 1200x819px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
126KB, 1200x819px
>>990952
exxon, chevro, gazprom, petrochina..., choose your horse
>>
oil is a meme commodity.
>>
>>990952
Chevron (CVX) and ExxonMobile (XOM) are your two best bets for heavy oil that are unlikely to fail.

Supposedly SWN has been buying up failing small companies for pennies on the dollar, so they might be a good, cheaper option as well. Can anyone confirm on some SWN facts?
>>
Britbong here.

Just put £1100 into Shell (RDSB).

Going down with this ship lads.
>>
>>992109
>not even buying 1 share
poor kek
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.