[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, I need to pick a specialization for my commerce degree.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: rere.png (19KB, 443x124px) Image search: [Google]
rere.png
19KB, 443x124px
Hey /biz/,
I need to pick a specialization for my commerce degree.

Marketing,
Organizational Behavior & Human Resources,
or
Operations & Logistics

What do?
>>
>Least useful and easiest
Organizational Behavior and Human Resources

>Most useful and lucrative
Operations & Logistics

Marketing is somewhere in between
>>
>>985250
Thank you!
I was under the impression that OBHR was a strong field to go into. Why is it so undervalued?
>>
>>985261
>I was under the impression that OBHR was a strong field to go into.
It's not. You'll probably be able to find a job in HR, but it won't be a very good job. Think about the type of people who go into HR: they generally can't do math and aren't really good at anything. Most HR departments have a reputation of being incompetent, and for good reason.

Marketing at least requires a little bit of math and creativity.

Operations & Logistics heavily involves math and statistics, skills that are highly valued in the workplace.
>>
>>985245
Why no accounting or finance?

Also he
>fell for the sauder school of memesness troll
lmao
literally why that school
>>
>>985271
Ahh, okay.
Thanks again.

>>985289
I wouldn't be comfortable studying accounting & finance. I'm studying business because I want to pursue my interests & not make mad $$ in accounting/finance.

Is Sauder a bad school? It was just rated #1 in Canada by Macleans or something, plus I have a large network set up here & I can't imagine moving.
I might have to go east for relevant jobs later on though haha
>>
>>985304
>I wouldn't be comfortable studying accounting & finance

Why?

>I'm studying business because I want to pursue my interests & not make mad $$ in accounting/finance

I'm guessing that means you "don't like math", right?

And nah it's a pretty good school I was just memeing because it isn't in Ontario.
>>
>>985309
I have this lame fear that I'm not going to get into a big firm/become a pencil pusher for the rest of my life.
It's pretty unacceptable to say this on 4chan but I would rather not have my job revolve around math even if I'm fine at it. I was always more for persuasive writing and self expression through interpersonal skills and creativity than other things.

Now I'm stuck choosing between the lower income stuff & I'm probably going to end up fighting the hundreds of other marketing students for a low tier job

& yeah I wanted to go to Ontario for all those opportunities + I would be able to participate in all those Canadian biz threads but I guess that'll have to wait
>>
>>985325
>I have this lame fear that I'm not going to get into a big firm/become a pencil pusher for the rest of my life

I know feel but that doesn't really happen if you network, study hard, take all opportunities you get in terms of co-op or other exp and actually WANT to get a good job.

>It's pretty unacceptable to say this on 4chan but I would rather not have my job revolve around math even if I'm fine at it. I was always more for persuasive writing and self expression through interpersonal skills and creativity than other things.

Yeah was same story here but eventually I just realized I sucked at math and it wasn't anything to do with "being dumb" or not liking it, and I started trying to learn math through books and khanacademy. And I still am.
>>
>>985329
Nice, I hope you make it man.
I'm still not feeling the passion in finance/accounting that I feel for marketing/OBHR, but after this thread I'm going to be focusing way harder on my numeracy skills if I want to stand out from the crowd.

Thanks you two!
>>
>>985357
>but after this thread I'm going to be focusing way harder on my numeracy skills if I want to stand out from the crowd

Yeah man. I used to feel a lot like you, and I still do sometimes but I think you just need math to "click" for you and you will experience a great love of math related to Finance and in general.

Just remember that the "easier" something is, the less it's valued and therefore less paid. The best reason to do things and keep on with them is because they're hard. That means they're valuable.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.