[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is teaching a good job to get into nowadays? Could I earn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (348KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348KB, 2048x1536px
Is teaching a good job to get into nowadays?
Could I earn decent money?
>>
Being a teacher today is a shit fucking idea because of stagnate pay, uncontrollable millennial children and the fact that more and more of a burden is being placed on teachers, meaning that if Tyrone is being a stupid little shit and wont shut the fuck up, YOU get blamed.

Don't do it.
>>
>>979514
I have 100% confidence in the following statement:

Do NOT teach in American public schools this decade or the next. The system is broken and disgusting and getting worse still.
>>
>>979514
The only reason you should get into teaching is because you value time off AND you really, honestly WANT to help kids. Otherwise, you'll be absolutely miserable most of the year and make shit pay. Summers off are glorious. Everything else is horrible.
>>
>>979514
an exgf of mine is a teacher in Australia, one of her students SPAT IN HER FACE last month.
Its not just an American problem kids today are fucking shitcunts
>>
File: 1428146616235.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1428146616235.gif
2MB, 250x188px
I taught math/engineering electives for 4 years in a very poor area in Texas.

Do not do it. Do not do it. Do not do it. Go tutor on the side for good money.

The few rewarding moments I got were no where near worth the bullshit I put up with from every angle. I'm more than happy to go into any specifics or answer questions if you'd like.
>>
Teachers have to explain why the kids are doing shit instead of the kids explaining why.

It is retarded, you basically need to suck the cocks and pussies of the class to do anything so that they do well and to all these retarded standards while they're lazy as fuck.
>>
Being a teacher gives you enough money to live off of and plenty of days off. Being a teacher right now also guarantees you a job.

The downsides are that your pay never rises much above entry level, you have to spend all day corralling niglets for your first five years (or longer if you can't look attractive to principles in good districts) and you probably don't love kids as much as you think you do prior to spending seven hours a day with them five days a week. You also do not love parents or administrators, although shitty bosses are a problem in any field.

>>979652
The majority of kids want to learn, they're just sometimes really bad at it. At least until you get to high middle and high school, more and more of the dumb ones give up on learning as they go forward. Behavioral issues are part of kids being dumbasses, but fellatio, even literal or metaphorical, is not a good classroom management technique.

>>979647
>The few rewarding moments I got were no where near worth the bullshit I put up with from every angle
This has generally been true of my first years, but it gets slightly less terrible each time.
>>
>get ignored by kids
>get yelled at by parents
>get dicked over by administration.
>very low pay for the degree/schooling involved.
nahh.
and if you think you are going to teach at the college level, there is 1 tenure position for every 35+ candidates, not even joking. I hope you enjoy moving every year to teach as an adjunct at a JC with terrible students, and doing multiplbe post doc work for slave wages
>>
>>979514
Teach in Korea, no nigglets and the kids are much more respectful than American shits.
>>
>>979632
Probably not a very pretty face, is it :D?
>>
>>979788
LONG HOURS

>>979799
Yeah nah she's a pig to look at mate, but a really nice girl and has a huge heart. An entire country town of blokes wanted to white knight and go burn the kids house down when we found out
>>
>>979514
I like my job.
Then again, I'm teaching in a prestigious area after going the "Baptism of Fire".
I get enough to be happy, I teach what I enjoy, I love it when they get enthusiastic about their own area of interest, and I like the challenge of attaching that to the shit they need to improve.
I think I'm less of a teacher and more of a conduit.
I don't "teach" children under five or over 16, I more kinda "guide them"
>and I know some of them browse here, so you should all be doing your homework for next Monday.
>Alex.
>>
>>979788

Did academy teaching in Korea, there is no job security at all in private schools (where the good money is).

Also if you're a shitskin just forget it, they only hire whites with American or British accents.

If you're male you are also kind of fucked if you want to teach younger kids because they only hire females.
>>
>>979710
>and if you think you are going to teach at the college level, there is 1 tenure position for every 35+ candidates, not even joking
Fuck... fill me in on the PhD prospects, with sources.
>>
How so?
>>
>>980023
Faggot
>>
>>979659
I know a woman who graduated in 2013,
didn't get a full time position until this summer.
>>
>>981335
Where?
>>
Hopefully you don't want to be an English teacher.
>>
>>979514
>Is teaching a good job to get into nowadays?
no
>Could I earn decent money?
maybe if you get a leadership role at a private school
but if you enjoy pointlessly teaching shitheads that don't respect you, go ahead
>>
>>981340
illinois, near woodridge.
>>
>>979788

I work 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, and that includes teaching AND prep time.

>>980029
You had a shit job, probably majored in women's studies so you had no leverage in the job search. I'm male and I teach age ranges from 7 to 40. I don't know why you'd even want a job teaching really young kids exclusively, that sounds like shit.
>>
Not really. You have to get more education (paid by you) to make more money. The plus side according to my sister-in-law is that because you're surrounded by idiots if you're reasonably smart you seem like a sage in comparison
>>
>>980023
sup mr. faglord u are a shit teacher
>>
>>982210
Look at this Silly Billy.
I am going to ignore you silly billy.
Into the filter you go you silly silly boy
>>
>>979514
Go teach overseas to the Japs, OK money and free travel and room if you're in the right program
>>
>>982292
What
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.