[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small business owners, what would you do if your employees told

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: B8Hiwdl.jpg (115KB, 1024x559px) Image search: [Google]
B8Hiwdl.jpg
115KB, 1024x559px
Small business owners, what would you do if your employees told you they were planning to unionize?
>>
Replace them
>>
>>973150
Pat them on the back and give them a raise.
>>
>>973150
Refuse to negotiate with the union once it is formed. During which time they will not be paid. Being poor people, they will have to find other work quickly. Hire new workers.
>>
>>973150
replace them, literally anyone can do a minimum wage job so if they want to complain the can go fuck off
>>
>>973178
/thread
>>
File: 1397615836361.jpg (44KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
1397615836361.jpg
44KB, 420x500px
>>973150
I literally cannot believe that pic is real.
i know its real. it actually happened, and he is actually a union rep.
but my brain forces some bizarre uncanny valley scenario where all i see is the union fat cat stereotype cartoon.
>>
>>975099
probably why FOX agreed to have him on in the first place, because the fucking moron ticks every goddamn box they want the viewers to see
>>
>>973150
where I am it's illegal to stop wokers forming unions, to discriminate against union employees, and unions have the right to strike

it's designed to stop big business chewing people up and spitting them out, but the problem is that big business is in a much better position to handle union bullying than small buisiness
>>
I would shut down. And reopen.
>>
>>973150
I'm a sole proprietor so it's moot.

But if I had employees, I would never shit on them and make them think they needed a union. I believe in unionization as a concept but companies that end up with unions always deserve them.
>>
>>973150

I'd be fine with it.

I give my workers the highest standard I can
>>
>>975838
>I believe in unionization as a concept but companies that end up with unions always deserve them.
So very much this
>>
>>973150

If my business venture had employees that weren't contractors, I'm in a right to work state, so fire them immediately. We don't take kindly to unions.

Hell, I could place an order with one of the many local temp agencies and have bodies working tomorrow if needed. Actually have done that in the past when I bought some property and needed it cleaned up.

I was paying the temp agency 8.50 and they were paying the workers 7.75
>>
Tell them upfront it would put me out of business.

>he doesn't have good relations with his employees
>>
I would help them organize. My employees are skilled workers, they deserve to have their rights protected.
>>
>>976062
>complains about union leeching
>pays an agency to leach off contractors
Kek
>>
>>975838
hit the nail on the head.
if you regularly shit on your own employees, you'll only have yourself to blame when the organize and fuck you up.
>>
>>976062
You sound like a shitty boss anyways.
>>
>>976827
>inability to accept blame
That's really the root of many business problems. These people who make stupid decisions and shit on their employees are all too quick to blame unions or the government for self-inflicted failure. that's why even with everything so tilted against the little guy, tons of businesses still fail under the bungling of inept leadership.
>>
>>976888
who cares if you're driving away good employees and undermining the very foundation of the company, you've got a quarterly earnings sheet to fluff!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.