[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to take advantage of this tattoo fad by investing or opening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: batch_4.jpg (470KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
batch_4.jpg
470KB, 1000x562px
I want to take advantage of this tattoo fad by investing or opening tattoo removal stores.

I would like anyone opinion on this or experiences related to this field/idea.

I expect there will be a HUGE demand for tattoo removal very soon as soon as these young adults realised that tattoo of black birds flying on their neck was a stupid idea.

or that random tattoo of spongbob on a leg
>>
Very good idea. Sounds expensive to start but if you keep at it there's just no way you will end up losing unless something unknown gets you.

Too good of an idea to post here!
>>
>>969763
>>969763
I wouldn't.

You're banking on kids getting upset when their visible tattoos kill a job interview or something. Fact is, most new business opening up, are run by an owner who will have or be perfectly fine with tattoos.

There also the "regret" market, but that's not big enough to sustain business.

You'd be opening up a brick-and-mortar location to cater to a hypothetical need that doesn't currently exist and almost certainly won't.

Knee-Jerk Reactionaries Don't Make Good Entrepreneurs/10 faggot
>>
>>969794
Though you make good points, your foresight is no better than OP's, though he's definitely a little too optimistic.

If he's crafty though, he can manufacture a propaganda campaign to create the market for him among masses of gullible idiots.
>>
The 2 main deterrents to getting your tattoo lasered off are cost & pain. A tattoo that cost $300 to put on may cost over $1000 to remove because of the number of sittings it will take. Not to mention the laser burns into the flesh and is 10X more painful than getting the tattoo in the first place. The stink of burning flesh is interesting too. Unless people have a real reason why they need to get their ex-boyfriend's name removed from their ass lots of people will sit for 1 removal session and say FUCK IT. Cover-up artists are a better option.
>>
>>969800
I'll cede that certain campaigns have managed to establish cultural standard in the past ("Ladies shouldn't have armpit hair," "Smoking is cool," et cetera), but it's difficult to think of one that managed to reverse a pre-existing trend.

Moreover, what kind of capital do you think opie is working with? Imagine what such a campaign would entail.

Gullible idiots indeed
>>
>>969794
>There also the "regret" market, but that's not big enough to sustain business.

And that is precisely what he should focus on.

I agree that tattoos are merely a fad, just like beards and craft beer. (Google "peak beard" for more on this phenomenon).

If I bought too much beer in a drunken stupor, I return it. If I look in the mirror and realize how faggy my beard is, I shave it.

And when the appeal of my fadttoo wears off, like all fads do by definition, I go to OPs shop as my only reasonable means of "returning it"...except I'm not getting store credit for this one.

Splendid idea, Mr.OP. Will be researching this as well.
>>
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I've never heard of a tattoo "fad" that's going on now.

When did this start?
>>
>>969813
That market seems well catered to, and a quick google search reveals that the price is relatively static. Most places also offer other services, likely implying that it's impossible to keep a location open of removal alone. Unless you invent a new removal method, it's dead end. Also, bear in mind the bevy of cheap alternatives to your service: makeup, clothes, ect.

Nonetheless, good luck to you.

>>969826
Like I said previously, reactionaries don't make good entrepreneurs.
>>
>>969826
In 2008 I saw a few young natural gas traders at a convention in Chicago with visible tattoos on their hands. Odd symbols or maybe Asian symbols. I'm an oldfag and had never seen that on professionals in that industry.
>>
>>969844
>natural gas traders
>professionals

kek
>>
>>969826
I first started seeing them enter the mainstream 10-15 years ago but they have become especially prominent among millennials in the last five. I think its a good idea OP, I know three superficial chicks who will regret their tats within 2 years, especially as the tide is slowly changing away from this fad, and they will definitely have the visible ones they have removed. A lot of women get them because they like the self indulgence and attention coupled with the self-harming tendencies associated with risky behavior like getting inked. These factors are also fulfilled by removal. Blokes tend to leave dumb tats as a reminder not to do such stupid/drunken shit again except when they are racist or openly offensive.
>>
File: 1812883-hank_hill.jpg (6KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1812883-hank_hill.jpg
6KB, 320x320px
>>969865
I sell Propane and Propane Accessories.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.