[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk Canadian stocks. Been thinking about CGX Things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: imgres.png (6KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.png
6KB, 296x170px
Let's talk Canadian stocks.

Been thinking about CGX
Things are looking pretty good, the only thing I can see is the payout ratio on the higher side.
Maybe star wars will push it to new highs ?
Also Canadian Western Bank CWB.TO
strong history of dividend growth, low payout ratio
Seems to be growing nicely as business, although their liabilities are too, guess its all reasonable.

kinda missed the boat on Bird construction, but still worth a look since the new gov will spend billions in infrastructure
>>
>>968727
Exchange all cadkuckold bucks to USD and buy SPY
>>
>investing in a country that will resemble Greece in 10 years

top kek
>>
>>968745
this lmao

You seriously might as well buy bitcoins at a low, WAY better and safer than having your money in Canadian stocks.

At least you can buy heroin with bitcoin.
>>
>>968745
>>968750
>>/pol/

>>968727
Cineplex? Really??? Just invest in an ETF (TD eSeries has a low MER) or a real bank, because you obviously have no idea what you're doing. Or maybe Hydro One, the hit new meme stock.
>>
>>968757
already own BNS stock but thanks
>>
>>968757
>>>/pol/

WHAT is /pol/ about our posts? Fuck off to reddit you dumb faggot, we're trying to give a good suggestion but i guess you goyim need to learn the hard way
>>
>>968727
Do you see any potential for growth in this market?

Theaters are as old as the hills and going the way of blockbuster. How long until movies are streamed via various services instead of shown in theaters?
>>
>>968846
Many people go there for the big screen experience.

for most movies I watch them at home/whatever.
but there are others you you want that immersive feeling and go to the theaters for.

I don't often go the movies these days, but when I go its for a movie I really want to watch and I end up paying extra for cineplex VIP.

People can buy $3 DVD's that are a cam-rip of some movie, yet they still go to the theatres.
I already know the studios will completely bungle any 0-day streaming by making the rental nearly as much as a ticket.
I know I'm right about this, the studios have completely fucked up every chance they go when it comes to digital distribution/pricing/device interoperability
>>
bumping for continued talk about canadian stocks
>>
op what is your timeframe/goal for the money? 1st rule of investing is only take the risk you are required to take.
sincerely cibc on bay
>>
>>969394
>he's proud of working on mamaystreet

Lmao
>>
>>969397
HA, ya man,gotta work with the hand your dealt. and company loyalty is temporary in the industry
>>
>>968750
barriers to entry are low in crypto/risk of substitute products is high
>>
>>969399
Was just memeing but what is the realistic possibility of getting into IB from a Canadian uni?

From what I've heard that even if you go to Ivey/Queens, what have you you'll at best be looking at working in IB at the Toronto office, since even as best schools in Canada they're far from target schools for Wallstreet.
>>
>>969415
most US grads dont come north to work. but fewer jobs here mitigates that. best way to get in (well most realistic) is a biz degree from a decent school, then join sales at one of the big 5. exceed your targets there and network your ass of. your boss's boss is your best friend. just remember IB is all sales/client relationship building. social skills #1
>>
>>969415
and there is waaaaaaaay too much emphasis on IB around /biz. IB is only a tiny piece of the industry
>>
>>969422
Is Laurier a meme school?

Ivey is a little too expensive but apparently Memeier is like 2nd for investment banking according to some cukkold websites
>>
>>969430
cant go wrong with laurier, and while there you can network with the accounting peopl at U of W
>>
>>969431
It doesn't have anywhere near the international or even Canadian reputation of other schools though...

What schools did your colleagues come from(and you as well)?

Is the Toronto office pretty much as high as you can shoot since I haven't heard of very many if any people going from Canadian university to NYC
>>
>>969437
you would be shocked at the rep laurier has in can and US. schools don't matter much when your in the industry. only really helpful when breaking in.keepin minnd we dont have a frat culture here like in the US which is much more school based. just be ultra confident and have 500-1k contacts in your phone and you will be fine
>>
>>969445
>have 500-1k contacts in your phone and you will be fine

Lol I am struggling on this.

How the fuck am I suppose to do this pham?
>>
>>969447
lol thats not a good sign.... just meet people and more importantly keep the contact alive. some kinda contact with every1 atleast 1ce a yr. can make 6 figures as a broker a yr just by calling your friends when you hit about 500 contacts, about 2 connections per working day
>>
>>969447
one of the best brokers i know use 2 be a journalist,she just calls the peopl from her old job and makes 700k ish a yr while taking 4-5months a yr vacation
>>
>>969455
>just meet people and more importantly keep the contact alive

I really gotta work on that, been kind of slacking on it unfortunately.
>>
>>968727
>Canadian stocks

My best performing stock of all time is Canadian. Tucows, ticker TCX
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.