[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Over-qualified' is the most disgusting phenomenon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: fug.png (11KB, 343x543px) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
11KB, 343x543px
'Over-qualified' is the most disgusting phenomenon

I've heard [citation needed] that some jobs such as police work have an IQ test and refuse to hire those who score too highly.
>>
>>968161
Do they seriously do that?
>>
>>968164
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/09/nyregion/metro-news-briefs-connecticut-judge-rules-that-police-can-bar-high-iq-scores.html
>>
>>968161
What is the logic behind that?
>>
There is no such thing as being "over qualified"

It's code for "you're a high maintenance pretentious cunt and you're only taking this job because you can't get anything better and we know you're going to abandon ship the second you do find it"
>>
>>968161
Military over here does it to. I scored too high on their test to be an officer lol. ( Netherlands btw).
>>
>>968303
Maybe intelligence is correlated with individuality and that's a no-go in military.
>>
>>968317
or expend-ability.
>>
>>968293
Basically this
>>968298
anyone who applies for a job that is way below their paygrade will get bored/find a better job very quickly and all the investment you put into training them will be wated.
>>
>>968333
This. If you know the person won't like their job there's a high chance they'll do it shittily.
>>
>No such thing as over-qualified
Hilarious. I literally cannot get a job at most retail places because I have a B.S. I had to fucking lie on my job application to get a job at Gamestop while every place I bring my resume spits in my face telling me that they want you to have at least 2 years professional work experience before you are qualified to wipe your own ass.
>>
>>968360

They're not hiring because of your degree, they'd love to have you working there with a degree, even a shitty one.

They don't hire you because they know you're going to bail at the first opportunity.
>>
>>968363
Most people doing retail don't stay at one place for more than six months. It's a revolving door industry, anyway.
>>
>>968164

Yes.
>>
File: oylmaoooo.jpg (13KB, 257x274px) Image search: [Google]
oylmaoooo.jpg
13KB, 257x274px
>>968161
>'Over-qualified' is the most disgusting phenomenon

Companies don't want to hire grossly over-educated/experienced employees. Because they spend so much on training usually that if you leave too early they'll have lost money, and then have to spend all that extra effort finding a new person(sometimes on short-notice) and training him all over again.

Also if you're more educated/experience you might start demanding higher salary when the company wasn't prepared to shell out more money for that specific position.
>>
File: 2mnk8i9.jpg (27KB, 387x505px) Image search: [Google]
2mnk8i9.jpg
27KB, 387x505px
>>968165
>>968303

Why don't you just choose to do badly on the iq-test then?
>>
>>968420
>Why don't you just choose to do badly on the iq-test then?

Probably need to score within a certain range.

So between 90-95 for example, so if you were to just fail questions on purpose you'd probably get below 90, but if you answered them truthfully above 100.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.