[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw played a stock simulator game on investopedia to see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1447102935352.png (645KB, 830x1262px) Image search: [Google]
1447102935352.png
645KB, 830x1262px
>tfw played a stock simulator game on investopedia to see how I'd do.
>got stocks in amd nvidia and amazon
>this was 4 months ago, total gain right now is 43.90%
>mfw that could have been real dollarydoos
Goddamn it /biz/, should I just say fuck it and dive into the real thing?
>>
The real thing is completely different, friend.

You should have started with the real thing.
>inb4 that's bad advice.
Simulators remove a large and very influential part of a (shitty)human trader's decision making process.
>>
It's not the same thing when it is about real money bru
>>
>>965017
>>965018
But I just got the stocks and let them sit. What would I do different IRL? Panic whenever they drop something like 1%?
>>
>>965045
You emotions and the error in including sunk cost would cause you to lose money. Yes, pretty much. You would look at the mini-crash in the S&P a few months ago or whenever that was, and you would identify it as the Happening, and subsequently sell at a lose. Only to buy when it's stable again.
>>
He'll yeah you should, that's free money in your pocket. Who doesn't want free money?

Check out robinhood you can trade for free on your phone. No fancy software needed and no fees. A shitload of people are doing it myself included. I'm up $60 so far from $500, that's over a 10% return on my money. There's a thread about it here >>964464
>>
>>965178
Hey since you have robinhood, can you check a stock's availability for me? Is there access to UWTI, DWTI, SCO, and UCO?
>>
>>965014
Is that Pauline from the sopranos? Man there is a Pepe for everything now
>>
>i played stock simulator and gained a gajillion of monies
>i'm a genius
said all the suckers before the real thing ate all their money.
>>
>>965014
doing it for real influences the outcome and shatters your average, it is called heisenburg's uncertainty principle
>>
>>965014
If you're not sure, you should probably wait 'till you are. But there's no reason not to become sure now, if you catch my meaning.

>>965017
I gotta disagree. Sure, it's not like the real thing, but some mistakes are so stupid you'd make them in both. I avoided a lot of losses because I made them in Investopedia first.
>>
>>965191
>pauline
yeah its pauly from sopranios

I still don't think I would have done anything different with real money, I just sat on my stocks, why the fuck would amazon or nvidia go down at all?
>>
>>965014
Reminds me of those guys who bet on Pokemon battles. They think they're all hot stuff until they try actual gambling and loose it all.
>>
>>965324
How the hell is it remotely similar to Pokemon battles? Can you even bet on pokemon battles? Why are you calling it gambling, I thought this board was also about getting better at the stock market, which means it's not all luck?
>>
>>965324
that analogy doesnt really work

the dissimilarity between pokemon and gambling is bigger than the dissimilarity between the stock market and marketwatch.com
>>
>>965186
Yes, yes, yes, and yes. DWTI is my nigga, made $30 then bought in again and made another $50 so far. Should have held longer, holy fuck it went high. I'll catch it next time.
>>
>>965053

Well technically if he bought in at 13000 and sold at 17000, he's gained significantly.

Not maximally, but you're only chasing the dragon on that one.
>>
File: Alfa Romeo Carabo.jpg (15KB, 450x153px) Image search: [Google]
Alfa Romeo Carabo.jpg
15KB, 450x153px
hey guys how do i into selecting stocks?
im currently interested in sector rotation but i was hoping i could get some more pointers or directed to a strategy that you prefer.
>>
If I wanted to start buying stocks, should I buy little babby cheap stocks just to get an idea of the ebbs and flows of the market, or would that also remove vital component of fear from the process
Is there any better way to learn how to invest than reading a few books and jumping in
>>
>>965614
those dinky stocks are a more risky.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.