[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ I'm thinking about opening a little shop, im in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: blunt-psd-468064.png (176KB, 400x147px) Image search: [Google]
blunt-psd-468064.png
176KB, 400x147px
Hey /biz/ I'm thinking about opening a little shop, im in a state where weed is illegal. I wanna sell weed related shit, like bongs, weed vaporizers, rolling paper, and etc. Anything against the law about this?
>>
Nothing illegal about selling them. There's 3 in my town and it's an illegal state (rec and med). They aren't very profitable businesses though.

Hardly anybody is going to buy more than one bong or vape. You won't have many returning customers. And the margins at these shops are small, forcing you to raise prices. Why would I pay $5 for rolling papers at one of these shops when I can buy them for a dollar at 7-11?
>>
>>964053
I agree with you 100%
Do you have any ideas for a similar shop? something that can turn out profit.
>>
>>964065
Fucking sell weed if its legal
>>
>>964090
illegal in my state
>>
>>964090
>I don't read things.
>>
>>964094
Ah shit misread that OP, sell it anyway
>>
>>964105
Yea and risk going to jail for many years,
My life would be ruined plus its not like pot dealers make a lot of cash
>>
I'm good friends with an owner of a local headshop,
He does well for himself and his staff
it opens a lot of doors but there are so many problems you can run into.
China is your best friend via dhgate or other wholesale markets but shipments can be taken by customs and there is no getting that money back also glass breaks.
you could always hire a glass blower too.
You would have to have a large inventory and hope the stoners are not careful and hopefully you live where the bongs can freeze and shatter on your customers
>>
>>964050

Research the laws in your state, OP. I know in my state, undercover cops will fuck with you - you are only allowed to refer to those things as "tobacco pipes" etc. Call it a bong and they shut your shit down.

Also laws around here were changed a couple years ago so that in order to carry that stuff at all, 25% of your sales have to be actual tobacco
>>
>>964170
Yeah be careful state and local laws vary wildly. Remember Tommy Chong got tossed in federal prison over selling bongs. His situtation was manipulated by the feds big time, but this shit can happen.
>>
>>964050
well the fda deeming regulations finalize next month so, make sure none of your products are newer than february 2007 (so nothing e cig related)
>>
Head shops, as stated, don't tend to be very profitable. You can get around this con by opening your head shop in a college town, preferably one without too many existing head shops.
>>
Open up a hookah shop, the customers come back for the tobacco and you can still sell weed related items and say "for tobacco use only" but no one actually does it
>>
>>964050
typically you gotta refer to your shop is anything but marijuana related, call bongs "water pipes," sell various tobacco related things, etc. there is nothing illegal about selling weed paraphernalia until you say it's explicitly for weed. funny system isn't it
>>
>>964194
elaborate please
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.