[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so /biz/, I'm pretty much at rock bottom and have decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1411183008441.png (288KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1411183008441.png
288KB, 800x800px
so /biz/,

I'm pretty much at rock bottom and have decided to join the military. I'm leaving for basic military training in 5 months. I'm going to be dead before then though.

>be me
>no skills/degree
>can't find a job about $8/hr
>be in college for 2 years studying aerospace engineering
>get sued by niggers who supposedly tripped on my sidewalk
>lose all my savings, car, and paid internship (no car lel)
>currently overstaying my welcome at a 'friends' house
> working at a mcjob making 7.25/hr
>half goes towards friend and the rest goes towards tuition/phone bill/credit card
>savings dwindling
>all the bars, grocery stores, and hipster stores in philadelphia won't hire without experience
>experience
>been showing up to interviews in suit and tie with a resume on special paper
>for a dishwashing position at 9/hr
>guy with experience gets chosen over me
>says I'm too qualified
>k
>hospital/city/prison or anything that doesn't require training is taken by niggers
>only shitty scams or uber jobs available

What the fuck do I do? I don't have any skills to whore myself out on Fiverr and mTurk doesn't net much. I'm on my own here, no family, no friends, no assets. I'm not a woman or immigrant so the nanny state will just spit on me. I'm so fucking broke that I'm eating the bare minimum calories just to survive, most of which I get from work or buying in bulk.

I need some clever shit like starting my own company and pretending to know what I'm doing when I'm actually just hiring indians.
>>
>>963031

>get sued by niggers who supposedly tripped on my sidewalk
>lose all my savings, car, and paid internship (no car lel)

???

why no family/friends?
>>
>>963031
You can't get a dishwashing position?

Literally just show up in jeans and a neat t-shirt. They hire ANYONE
>>
>>963037
I don't even understand this shit either, but apparently dishwashing is a skilled service.

>>963036
because drugs and alcohol.
friends were at school and only care about school.
>>
>>963037
Nah I know what OP's on about. Some cities are fucking cutthroat to get any job at all. I was declined by two WalMarts, a Walgreens, a McDonald's, and a DQ. I'm not even autistic or anything, I've been doing fine in life and I'm making 80k now, sex life's been great, but I'll never forget the 2 years at the end of college when I felt fucking worthless because all the minimum wage jobs had so much competition.
>>
An extra dollar or two per hour isn't really gonna save you OP

Maybe try for a student loan just to get by until basic?

It's a shitty solution, but you really are fucked
>>
>>963050
>I was declined by two WalMarts, a Walgreens, a McDonald's, and a DQ

Happens sometimes but really those kinds of jobs are so easy to get. Just apply at 200 places, guaranteed at least 30 interviews.
>>
>>963050
Thanks man, it's fucking unreal having some guy, whose job I could do while browsing 4chan, tell me they are looking for someone more qualified.
>>
>>963052
Aye, I went back and counted later and 185 applications got me 3 interviews. Luckily I scored one of those jobs (Help Desk), which held me out and gave me the resume buffer I needed to get a decent job elsewhere.
>>
>>963051
student loans require you to be actively enrolled. I still owe the school tuition = hold on my account. I though about becoming a personal trainer or ANYTHING technical but they require money for certifications that I don't have.

I'm not trying to start a 'woe is me' case either, I'm just literally out of options. I'm trying to learn code but who the hell is going to hire anyone without experience or a degree?
>>
>>963057
>Aye, I went back and counted later and 185 applications got me 3 interviews. Luckily I scored one of those jobs (Help Desk), which held me out and gave me the resume buffer I needed to get a decent job elsewhere.

I refuse to believe that man...

I've found a shit part time job within 1-4 applications usually. I tend to quit them though because fuck working desu
>>
>>963057
I could easily do those jobs but it's hell trying to find one that's within walking distance or doesn't require 2 hours of public transportation. Tech jobs in philadelphia seem to be out in the suburbs and less in the city since they destroy businesses with taxes.

There's always the chance I can ship out earlier, but with my current estimates (living the peasant life), my $500 will last me two more months, paying the absolute minimum on everything.
>>
>>963059
What city though? This for me was in Worcester MA, a festering cesspool where he entire population is the kind of people you'd expect to be in minimum wage.
>>
>>963059
demographics nigga. Lots of young people who want to live in the city and will take any job to support their dream. I just want to survive.
>>
>>963031
Give it everything at basic and you'll get a sweet job in the military. Aggressively save your money and prepare for after the military. This is where you'll get the skills to be more independent while not having to worry about being homeless.
>>
>>963103
Actually start physically training now at the gym so you have a head start. Chance favors the prepared.
>>
>>963103
>>963107
I hit the gym alot at college, I am ready physically, I just need a job so I don't have to hit the shelter / be a bum.
>>
You don't necessarily need a job, you need to learn how to hustle and make money. Hell, you can earn a little extra cash doing affiliate marketing online...it wouldn't be much, but you may be able to net a couple hundred dollars a month.
>>
>>963031
I assume you're autistic?
>>
The reason you're being denied is because you're at school. They want someone who is going nowhere who won't quit when their time at school is up.
>>
>>963031
>niggers tripped on my sidewalk
There's more to it than this. You can't just get sued (successfully) like that

OP is shill

>sage
>>
Unless you're currently living a few dollars at a time, lay betting is the way to go.
>>
Move to where you have family and friends. Or if you can't do that secure your space, either chill with your roommates or stop bothering them depending on what they want, go get food stamps and buy everyone food, get off the internet and clean the entire house and keep it clean, if you're an awesome housemate instead of that asshole on the couch you won't be overstaying your welcome anymore. Also you can make a lot more than a mcjob off some of the shady sales jobs on craigslist, forget about morals for a few months and make dat skrilla
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.