[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 18, got accepted into a good /biz/ness school. I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (174KB, 628x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 628x434px
I'm 18, got accepted into a good /biz/ness school. I want to be an investment banker but all my friends and family try to persuade me not to because working in finance is soul-crushing, amoral, I'm not smart/hard-working enough, etc.

Should I continue down this life path? Dubs decides y/n.
>>
>>962529
Are you sure you're not the same poster who wanted to be in investment memeing and made 10 threads before?
>>
File: 450px-Jonah_Hill_-_001.jpg (67KB, 450x599px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Jonah_Hill_-_001.jpg
67KB, 450x599px
>>962529
>>962533
Oh I got dubs, I decide that no you shouldn't continue down that path.

Mostly because you are a loser and will always be a NEET
>>
Fuck what anyone thinks. I'm 18 aswell and I wanna be an entrepreneur yet every time I tell them they just say you can't get rich, go get a 9-5.

Never mind what your family wants you to do, investment bankers make good money. Walk your own path and make your own decisions
>>
>>962537
It's too late, I got dubs and told him not to.
>>
>>962529
What school? If it's not Ivy, Oxbridge or similar, just forget it.
>>
File: image.jpg (303KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303KB, 1024x768px
>>962546
>>
>>962529
No.

80 work week fucking sucks. Only sociopaths and narcissists are capable of it.

You can make a lot of money and have a life, you know.
>>
>>962564
>Over 80% acceptance rate

real great school family
>>
>>962529
>>962537
These are your first tests in life. Look deep down and decide for yourself what you truly want to do and give it everything you have. Who cares about work hours if it's what you want to do.
>>
>>962564

>"good"
>>
>>962564
This is me, wifi went out so I had to switch to mobile.
>>
>>962596
Yes!
>>
>>962564
>>962650
Senpai I got dubs in the first post.

I have decided that you should not pursue investment banking.
>>
It's one thing to say you don't care about working 80-100 hour weeks and that its doable, and another thing entirely to actually start doing it and not want to kill yourself every day.

If you're not particularly smart or hard working you're fucking dead meat if you do manage to get an IB internship or job, which is unlikely to begin with considering how competitive the field is and how you don't seem to be going to any sort of target school
>>
>>962650
NDSU is not a target school. Realistically you should start pursuing other dreams.

Also, 80+ work weeks are soul-crushing and miserable. I know from personal experience.
>>
>>962546
>>962595
>>962626
>>962657
>>962662
With a 4.0 and networking I can make it a target school.
>>
>>962685
>Should I continue down this life path? Dubs decides y/n.

I got dubs, I said no.

That's it you have to honor the rules and stop pursuing this career path.
>>
Are you a money crazed little shit? Do you watch wolf of wall street for motivational purposes? Are you prepared to bore all your friends until you jettison them in favor of better friends?

If you answered yes to all three, welcome, my son. We'll do a line later and talk about crude futures.
>>
>>962691
Where does a soulless cunt like me sign up?
>>
>>962691
>Are you a money crazed little shit? Do you watch wolf of wall street for motivational purposes? Are you prepared to bore all your friends until you jettison them in favor of better friends?

People who are "money crazed" don't ask for 4chan to decide their major for them. They research it themselves with some google searches and come to a conclusion on their own.
>>
Could you guys please stop making fun of me? This is a serious post. I never wanted to become an "ebin meme" or whatever you call it so stop making those parody threads.
>>
>>963741
no one is making fun of u f a m.

You said dubs decides if you should continue and I got dubs in the very first post and then dubs again, and I picked no you shouldn't.
>>
>>963741
mistake 1, asking people on 4chan for future advice
mistake 2, not doing your research
you really think these people care if you succeed or not?
>>
>>962685
no you can't. What makes you think NDSU is even a good school?

Wallstreet doesn't want someone from a no-name school.
>b-but I work hard
if you didn't get into a good school they will assume it is because you are not good enough.

If you were some North Dakotan who got accepted into an Ivy league school then you would have a chance. But no, you are as regular as they come.
>>
>>962529
negative circles, get rid of them. family should always be supporting your realistic dreams.

you have feet, healthy and young, you can become an olympic representing athlete for your country.

you have a healthy brain, stable mentality you can learn anything that you are willing to absorb.

if they dont support you.
1: bad family (I bet 100 dicks those who told you this, are broke fucks) afraid of you getting ahead of them (if those are 35+ economically broke family members) :: jealousy,
2: stupid enough to not see the potential of an 18 years old with ambition (money management or stock-pilling gold for fun)

in other words: DO IT IF YOU FEEL LIKE DOING IT.

I'm 26, my parents always supressed me since child, saying I can't do this and I can't do that, I am not worth for this etc ( and I didn't know why till 2 years ago when I put my head deep into biology and psychology.) now linking things they said about each other, and about themselves speaking to me while I was being raised, how they talk about others, I found out my parents are the biggest LOSERS in the world, and almost accomplish making a loser son, almost.

doesn't matter how bad they are and how bad they say you are, as long as you are willing to find the truth for everything that surrounds you, you will then get on top of the situation.
take note of this, and find out why those who say that you can't their reasons to say it.
(my parents reason to tell me I couldn't were none, but thinking of it and linking the experiences I had with them and what I know of their past, tells me they both were bullied in school (without them telling me this directly but indirectly) thus making their son go through some sort of bullying, because someone weaker had to take for the sadness and depression, knowing this had made me now 99999 times stronger though)
could write so much about parents but BB GL
>>
>>962537
exactly, good mindset, follow those things that attract you, because they do for a reason.
nothing happens for no reason.
School and TV is modelled to make betas and followers, all has been processed for years and years of the masters of manipulation.
if you feel like being dominant, then be it, don't let them supress you down, apart from people who are today 35+ and parent aren't very intelligent the older they are
45-65 year olds parents assume they know everything about life, they assume they some how have a masters degree in politics, bussiness/money management, economy and finance.
but in reallity99% of those parents whore are poor fucks and slaves for their bosses.

trying to feel some kind of power, while telling thier children(16-25) how impossible it will be for you to take to the moon(that was an exagerated example, but anything is possible if you are willing, which parents of today 45+ year olds with children 18+, ALWAYS forget that if you are willing and with dedication, perseverance and being clever you always will get on top of it, they don't because they are either 0$ monthly or 9-5 slaves)

study psychology and economy and you will see how your parents are the biggest losers humanity ever had (like 80++ chances that if you are 18+ (because I suppose your parents are 35++++) years old right now you will realize that your grandparents were even better when it came to parenting, socializing skills, bussiness, etc)

>best tip for your life: don't pay attention to outdated data (in otherwords: PARENTS, and more if they are uneducated or slaves or living in a 3rd world country, and far from being alpha winners)

GL and chase your "dreams", you will accomplish it sooner than exepect it, I'm sure you can't spend an entire lifetime chasing a realistic "dream".
>>
>>963773
>(my parents reason to tell me I couldn't were none
Well yes I remember one time it was "because I couldn't or I can't do it" (meaning, there for if I can't my child CANT EITHER, HE CAN'T BE BETTER THAN THE FATHER, otherwise what A SHAME THAT WOULD BE FOR ME O.M.G.)

unluckily my parents are sociopaths, the worst class of sociopaths, uncontrollable liars and manipulators who in the end were bullied in school, mid 20's with their life, for being pieces of shit and today end up alone in their shit life (no friends and no family, and soon with no children, both of them divorced for 5 years)

And you know what? I am not willing to see them, In fact I am "praying" for the day I can remove them from my life and fly away from this country.

Be careful and make sure they are not trying to get you through the path they want you to go through, always be yourself

18 years old you need a lot to know, and you did good asking in 4chan regardless of what the first poster and others say, always ask every where about everything you need to know, don't be afraid to look ignorant like you parents did (99% chances they were always scared of looking not smart in public for asking questions)

I'm done writing, GL OP and the other potential alpha, there are enough in the world sheeps to share.
>>
>>962537
This is pretty much my story.

I no longer speak to my family, nor many of my friends for this reason.

I was working my ass off, following my dream for many years. It was really fucking hard. Instead of support from those around me, i got "dont be silly... you got good job offers after university! you can probably still take one"

5 years later, I'm earning over 2m per year.

Regardless of whether or not you are successful, you owe it to yourself to try. Otherwise you're going to spend the rest of your life wondering "what if i had tried..."

Good luck, and prepare to not be able to afford to eat.
>>
>>963806
>5 years later, I'm earning over 2m per year.

And yet you're still here. On 4chan, where over half the posters of this board are unemployed.

And I earn $5 trillion per year f am.
>>
>>963806
>I have no friends and my family doesn't like me
Success story
>>
>>963823
I have plenty of friends, and i have my own family now.

>>963817
Believe what you want.
>>
>>963826
>Believe what you want.

Why would anyone believe someone earning over $2million a year would be on /biz/?

That is the top 1% salary of the top 1%, posting on a board literally comprised of over 50% unemployed people. Very legit, I believe you man. I am also Bill Gates
>>
>>963826
I do believe it.

Basically because I won't get off boards that are full of people at all hours, you never stop to see new things then. regardless of how rich I was,

I would still browse 4chan and other forums in means to learn about society.

Only if you are obsessed in being in top of the game, you will pay attention to everything and communicate with others, apart from telling a bit of yourself and give some insight to young peers which probably have potential.

So I completely believe the 2m anual earner here.

I'd be here after resting for fucking my wife or some hookers, if I was a 2m/year earner
(I don't yet know if I want to marry, and if I do it will be in a place where my material is not given half or not even .01% to her for her decission of divorce. prenup I think its called in english, right?)
>>
>>963845
>So I completely believe the 2m annual earner here.

There is a 50% chance at least that this person is a NEET or in college, according to polls.

It makes no sense why someone so busy or with a lot going on in his life be on a board where only unfunny memes are said.

>>963826
So how do you earn your money? What kind of company did you start? Must be pretty large with many employees in order to be earning you $2m profit per year huh?
>>
>>963841
if 167k a month sounds hard for you to earn, you know jack shit about business or even planned to make big business networks yourself, if you did and researched the internet you would have realized how easy it would be to get 150k a month and how hard it is to start.

Why wouldn't a person who earn so much a month or yearly(2m) not be here?

It would make sense for 9-5 slaves to not want to be here for working their ass off to their bosses and superiors, you know???

but remember a 2m/y person HAS ALL THE TIME in the world to research in the internet (to increase wealth) and have fun in the internet as much as you the unemployed anon fag who is probably browsing /biz/ dreaming of one day to become a multi-millionaire.

I have even met TV presenters, Movie directors, some sort of US militar captain chief or I cant remember but a superior earning a lot in video games, and these were getting our video game clan funded with donations to buy virtual items, for the fun of us all in the game.

Video games and 4chan are big time wasters, but those video games I played with these people they even spend THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of cash for the fun of the guild members and themselves playing the game.

So I see EVEN MORE CREDIBLE to see a 2m/y earner here in 4chan than playing a shitty video game wasting thousands on it for nothing in reward (not to mention those pixels that were purchased would be months later REMOVED from the game, every single time for every item purchase as they have expiry time)

Stop acting like you know everything anons, because thats when you become ignorant 100%.
>>
>>963865
>if 167k a month sounds hard for you to earn, you know jack shit about business or even planned to make big business networks yourself

So you know the secret to becoming top 1% of 1%? Which kind of business allows you to do that?

Only on /biz/ is it "easy" to be earning per month what people rarely earn per month lmao.

>but remember a 2m/y person HAS ALL THE TIME in the world to research in the internet (to increase wealth)

How? Are you implying you can be a NEET and still earn $2m/yr? Because if you were earning that amount you would have no freetime from working all fucking day.

>Stop acting like you know everything anons, because thats when you become ignorant 100%.

Tell me, what does this board offer to people (supposedly) earning $2 million per year? What interesting information have you read here?
>Bitcoin threads
>Memes
>HELP ME PICK MY MAJOR /BIZ/ PLEASE x 15 per day
>NOCOINERS ON SUICIDE WATCH
>Buy index funds, read selfhelp books
>Guys recommend good books please
>Hey guys have you read rich dad poor dad it's an amazing book
>>
>>963851
>a lot going on in his life

are you crazy? are you saying that a 2m/y person is more busy than an UNEMPLOYED or 9-5 SLAVE?

you seriously have never met rich people, not even in the virtual world.
I have in person and virtually, and they are completely different from your family members and parents who spend their lifes 9-5 to have a shitty "busy" life.

if he is a 2m/y earner, he sure knows how to delegate, therefore saving him time.

I've met rich people from vegas too in this video game I talk about, they spent the entire day playing games (they were brothers)

I have met some TV presenters, some of them are 2 brothers too from french TV, rich as fuck.

playing the video game 13 till mid 20's, and probably they still game some other games now as this game has died 80% (I know they later went and were pokerstars pro players, I think they are no more)

greek TV director rich as fuck (he was 42+)

USA marine I think he was, had atleast 1m a year, Seeing how much he was giving us purchased items, in every single server we played together, I calculate he had to be earning a lot to afford this. he was 25-35.
>I see more credible the fact of a millionaire browsing the internet and be in forums than playing a shitty video game spending thousands in it.for his clan mates for fun.

busy = 9-5 slave with family

free time= most millionaires (who said that family are expendable and flipped middle finger to do what ever he wants in his life) and lazy unemployed people who dont want to research or do something productive that day. beucase he can afford because hes rich or because he is too lazy to do anything and thats why he is unemployed/poor
>>
>>963878
>are you crazy? are you saying that a 2m/y person is more busy than an UNEMPLOYED or 9-5 SLAVE?

Yes.

Being selfemployed is a lot more time-consuming than working 9-5, how can you possibly earn $2 000 000 per year if you never work? What are they paying you money for lmao
>>
>>963875
>Because if you were earning that amount you would have no freetime from working all fucking day.

SEE? you are confused.

>>Because if you were earning that amount
>>from working all fucking day.
>>FROM WORKING

Dude, my excel makes me work first few years at max, but not for ever, rich people don't work,
If you want to get rich YOU HAVE TO NOT WORK BUT DELEGATE OTHERS TO WORK FOR YOU (you need to accumulate a lot of money first to do this)

read my previous posts. I'm done typing.

>See and talk rich people in person and virtually, then talk. you clearly dont have the experience of being with a rich person for atleast a week. you would realize the free time they have to goof around. who said that dude browses 4chan everything? maybe he was just stopping by and never again in the rest of the month.
>>
>>963886
I earn $500k/day I know more than you.

I never work all I do is playing WoW but somehow I make $500k/day, where it comes from I have no idea but somehow money keeps coming into my account
>>
>I'm 26
>Everyone itt is successful at 26
>I'm still trying to get my foot in the door
Feels bad being left behind.
Oh well, just keep going and I'm sure I'll eventually find something I enjoy, or at least don't resent.
>>
>>964055
>>Everyone itt is successful at 26

No one on /biz/ is successful. Half of the posters are unemployed
>>
I got a IB job and quit after 6 months. First off, IB is entry level with shit pay. Sure it's six figure salary, but the hours are shit. A nurse will get paid more by the hour than you. People who say they want to become an Investment Banker are fucking retards. It's like saying you want to become a entry level sales associate. It's entry level BB finance, it's not a career. If you are in IB for longer than 2-4 years, then you are fucked in the head.
>>
>>963885
You might be retarded desu senpai, he's saying that if you're rich you can dictate how you spend your time and also have the funds to delegate most tasks that aren't important. This allows you too realistically do whatever you want.
Money = Freedom = Happiness
>>
>>964063
We hire lots of smart kids in FICC and origination. We teach them the basics of success and they either make it with us or they don't. Very often we get some one with an excellent mind who "teaches" us something we've overlooked. We make that person wealthy. One guy we hired got a $100 million dollar bonus ( one of the two we gave out that year.). He lives in Manhattan and drives a Honda Odyssey. The Journal had an article on it.
>>
>>964177
And how do you earn the funds to be able to earn $2m a year?

It makes no fucking sense, you cannot earn that by just "working a job" unless you save until your 40's or 50's at the earliest. So you need to somehow be self-employed and start your own shit which generates that much money, which refuses much longer than the standard 9-5.
>>
Since this is a banking thread what do banks expect you to know top to bottom to get in? I'm 20 and about to go in for the next few months to every bank in a big city thats nearby me daily till they hand me one, i traded for a few years solo but flunked that, any tips for just an overview of what they ACTUALLY want, whether its macro/micro economics or whatever. thanks.
>>
>>964239
>till they hand me one
One what? One dollar? I would hand you one right away to get you to stop asking, even if you don't know anything about economics senpai (family).
>>
>>963851
I have a small team of about 5 people. Wrote an app that went pretty viral.

Income wont be $2m/year forever. It's already tapering off a bit.

We've got more stuff in the works, but its unlikely it'll reach that same level.

>>963841
I've been dirt poor up until about 24 months ago. I'm not going to stop doing things i enjoy because im suddenly wealthy.
>>
>>964058
Fuck off no one gives a shit. This is 4chan. Only a fool would take this as factual. So shut your cunt mouth.
>>
File: biz neet poll results.png (157KB, 1051x822px) Image search: [Google]
biz neet poll results.png
157KB, 1051x822px
>>965171
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.