[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you pay off a credit card? >just my first one ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1359127000133.jpg (186KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1359127000133.jpg
186KB, 500x376px
How do you pay off a credit card?

>just my first one ever (back in September)
>it's an Amazon Rewards Visa
>have accrued a $1000 balance

I can afford to pay it in full whenever, but I've heard you should make monthly payments for 6 months, then pay it in full. Can anyone shed light on this?
>>
>>962406
I thought you are supposed to pay it off in full within the payment time. Credit cards have a monthly loan interest of like 30%
>>
What's your monthly income? Debt/Income ratio can be quite telling. I would recommend paying it off at a rate higher than the minimum, but don't just kill your savings in one go. Double minimum tends to work pretty well; just pay 2x the minimum payment. For you, this will probably be 75/month. Considering you will probably only be paying 25 dollars or so max in interest per month, this will be good progress.
>>
Op, just keep doing what you're doing. Don't worry. You're exactly the kind of consumer America needs. Make minimum payments, for the rest of your life, on that debt that's growing at around 30% each month. Just don't default.
>>
>>962430
this lmao
>>
>>962412
>>962414
On a serious note.
Are you guys serious?
>>962435
OP. Pay that off, now. Why let it grow at all? That literally makes no sense.

Wait for the first statement to come in, then pay it all off. Letting interest accumulate does NOT help your credit at all.

Paying the minimum will turn that $1000 into $3000. ffs
>>
I have heard the same thing.
I'll be lurking.
>>
>>962406
If the credit card interest rate is greater than the rate of return you are getting on that $1000 in the bank/bonds/whatever, pay it off. Otherwise make payments.
>>
Pay it off in full retard
>>
>>962743
I should add, unless you have a card with 0% for X number of months, its highly unlikely you are earning more on the $1000 than they are charging in interest, hence its probably in your best interest to pay it off.
>>
File: Utilization effect.png (97KB, 1628x690px) Image search: [Google]
Utilization effect.png
97KB, 1628x690px
With Credit Cards you do not want to wait 6 months. That is solely an installment loan. with CC you want 1% of the CL on 1 card to maximize the score.
>>
>>962430
*rubs hands together*
>>
>>963429
?
>>
>>963431
I was implying he's jewish
>>
>>963432
who cares if someone's jewish?
live your own life for once
>>
Here's how you use a credit card to build our credit

1. It doesn't matter if you can afford it or if it's not much, only spend 30% of the allowed balance. So don't spend more than 300 on it.
2. Always make the payments in full within the time frame you have for 0 interest. If that's monthly pay in full every month.
3. Don't apply for multiple credit cards right away. Max you should have within 3 years depending how well it's working for you is 3 or 4

If you follow these guidelines and not fuck up with over spending you should be fine
>>
Credit Cards without strict payment deadlines are the reason US consumers are so fucked up. It's a system that incentivises going into enormous debt and living beyond your means.

Don't let yourself get sucked into it.
>>
Pay it off, cut it up. Don't get another card, you can't handle it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.