[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Russia is sending 150.000 troops to 'fight isis',

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (313KB, 1476x1171px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313KB, 1476x1171px
So Russia is sending 150.000 troops to 'fight isis', a.k.a. claim a huge load of oil and gas.

What will this do to the price of oil?
Does this action leave any opportunities for investing?
>>
>>962121
It will allow them to build more Russian suburbs like the one in your pic
>>
I don't think it will do much. Most of the major oilfields in Iraq border Kuwait or are in Kurdish areas. Iraq only produces 3% of world crude anyways.
>>
We have an over supply problem that is causing pressure on energy prices. Any action in the Middle East is likely to be seen as a potential to restrict supply. While we have OPEC not restricting supply further we will unlikely see any significant reduction in global stockpiles. Should supply be restricted we would no doubt see Shale Oil from the US be increased with the rise in prices restricting the upside value. All in All we need to either see a significant blow to oil producing countries that would limit supply, or a massive shift in demand that would cause demand side pressure. Either way I wouldn't be looking to oil as a saviour. For what its worth, Russia do not need the oil, they do need strong trading partners. I would say that they would make more out of Assad being in power than a guaranteed supply of OPEC's oil.
>>
>>962141

This

>invading countries for oil

What is this, 2002? Communists late to the party as always.
>>
File: 1445629891757.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445629891757.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
>>962122
10/10 morning kek
>>
>>962121
>>962164
Russia is one of the largest suppliers of oil and gas, they don't need more. The US is the one who invades the middle east for oil.
>>
>>962121
I dont think its about oil for Putin, not this turn. He's building up leverage for Crimera and for the still existing economic restrictions.
>>
File: 1440190216678.jpg (14KB, 294x273px) Image search: [Google]
1440190216678.jpg
14KB, 294x273px
>>962122
nice
>>
>>962180
this

I think this might legitimately be a political tit for tat. Russia demolishes ISIS and in return NATO turns a blind eye to dubious russian border claims which will without a doubt come to be when they move an actual army south. Also sanctions for the whole ukraine thing might be relieved.

Everyone wins really. NATO can pretend to be angry about collateral damage whilst wiping sweat of their foreheads for not having to do anything themselves, Putin gets to save the day and possibly improve Russia's relationships with the West and thereby the economy. Remember Russia is in a really tight spot financially and this might cause the west to let go a little.
>>
>>962121
it depends, russia is currently being forced out of the market by OPEC and the low price of oil.
>>
>>962180

They will want to shut down the oil production so the prices go higher again

Besides, clay is clay, and the Tartarus seaport is geostrategic for the Russian Federation
>>
Russia can't afford a ground war. They're in Russia to protect Assad from being overthrown. The Russians need their port in Syria. They can't attack ISIS because it means they will hit Moscow. Russia can't stop these kinds of attack. Look at what the Chechens did to them. They still haven't defeated them after 30 years. Russia is more of afraid of Central Asia become derka derka land. This is why they wanted the US to stay in Afghanistan. Since the pullout of NATO forces last year, Central Asian states have notices a lot of jihadis chatter. The source of hte problem is Saudi Arabia and the gulf countries. They fund these groups. But you need their oil and protection of those routes. Otherwise the world becomes Mad Max. The silver lining is China. They're moving away from oil. Which is huge loss to the derkas derkas. China is hedging their bets on nuclear and solar. Getting gas and oil from Russia is cheaper for the Chinese.
>>
>>962121
Source, OP?
If thats true, I hope its a staging ground to turn Saudi Arabia into a glass parking lot.
>>
>>962187
everyone wins until russia own crimea completely, and has a warm water port through syria, which is all they really want anyway. Hooray russia flexing in the mediterranean that's what nato really needs, especially since people apparently think russia is totally not inimical to the western way of life anymore amirite
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.