[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a factory job hiring near me $14 + benefits. Seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1445648893405.png (17KB, 633x772px) Image search: [Google]
1445648893405.png
17KB, 633x772px
There's a factory job hiring near me $14 + benefits. Seems easy enough. Should I apply? Is this worth it?
>>
What do you have to lose?
>>
>>3508497
Yes, go ahead and apply - impress them on the interview and then give it a shot.
>>
>>3508511
>>3508517
Is the job worth doing though? How bad is factory slavelabor?
>>
>>3508527
depends on how much of a pussy you are
>>
>>3508497

Hold on anon... you should really think things through here, are you sure you want to start somewhere in order to achieve insurmountable success at one point or another in your life?
>>
>>3508497
It depends on how many niggers and/or women work there.
>>
>>3508527
Probably not a very good or rewarding job, but it pays more than McDonald's.
>>
>>3508497
It's a good starting point. I worked at a factory job full time for 3 years. Then 1 year on the weekends. It was the easiest job I've ever had.

>>3508527
It depends what you'll actually be doing. Walking for 10 hours at a time really hurts after a while, but if you're just standing it'll be okay.
>>
>>3508587
Was it really easy? Sounds like it'd be hard and no one to talk to.

As for what you do:
>12 hr shifts
>inspect, count and place products into bags you will then seal the bare and place them into a large bin. Individuals will be required to work on multiple machines which produce unique products during each shift
>>
Fuck that. Join the military if you're young and physically able.
>>
>>3508649
Yeah that sounds similar to what the people I worked with were doing.
I had a different task that involved me staring at a laptop for 10 hours at a time, usually reading the news. But I've been through the normal stuff similar to what you describe. The only thing you need to worry about is the speed of your work and that you actually show up to work. Those are the only two big reasons people find trouble. They're really only looking for warm bodies, it's mind numbing.
>>
>>3508687
Mind numbing sucks though. I kind of want to do something where I can either do nothing or actually actively do something meaningful.
>>
>>3508707
With mcjob tier qualifications, $14/hr is near the best you're going to get. If you have any other marketable skills, a degree, certification, or things like that then there could be other opportunities for you. Life if you're a great communicator it might be worth just getting in front of any interviewer and sell yourself.

>do something meaningful.
go work for a non profit. For free.

The most meaningful thing you're going to do at almost any job is make your boss rich. That is literally your purpose.
>>
>>3508738
I know I'll make my boss rich, but I mean meaningful as in I can learn useful skills, or actually feel like I'm having an influence in the world. As opposed to "Okay I worked 4500 total hours, I have earned $Xx,000 and moved x tons of shit in a factory".
>>
I lasted 1 week in a factory. Made me want to end my miseravle life. Got yelled at in Vietnamese all day because I wasn't trained, got 35 minutes to walk to the lunch room, eat, and come back to my station. Left the day after a knife fight on the other side of the assembly line. Do not reccomend.
>>
>>3508527
>>3508649
>>3508707
>>3508764
>muh slavelabor
>muh meaning
>muh skills

For fuck's sake, 14 hours a hour is fucking great OP. Stop being so scared and take the offer. If you don't like it, you can quit later on, but stop looking at this job like a teenager would.

You have an opportunity to support yourself while you look for something better suited to your needs. Don't fucking squander it just because you might get lonely, or because you don't think you're having """"influence i the world""""". You're not gonna change the world over night.
>>
>>3508829
Dude I live in Canada.

Minimum wage is $11.40. Going up to $14 in January.

This isn't an amazing wage. Unless the wage goes up with minimum wage increase. Please dont get me wrong, im not saying I want an amazing job. But I'd like to have something that will actually build skills. And I don't see carrying boxes doing that.
>>
>>3508862
I don't mean to sound hostile m8, but this just seems like an opportunity I'd kill to have. What I said about being able to support yourself still stands though. This can provide a comfy way to stay afloat WHILE looking for ways to actually learn the skills you want. I think you should look into it Anon.

>There's no better time to look for a job than when you already have one.
>>
>>3509042
Unless you're in a third world country I really dont see how anybody would "kill" for this opportunity.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.