[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ are there any actual downsides to just... lying on your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1432695956537.jpg (33KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1432695956537.jpg
33KB, 500x374px
/biz/ are there any actual downsides to just... lying on your resume about qualifications?

After being rejected for the millionth time by a college, despite good grades and no debt, I'm wondering what exactly is stopping me from just telling a company I have a bachelors. I mean, journalists fail to research the most basic of facts all the time, I can't imagine an HR department would give enough of a shit to call every single applicant's college. And if I get caught, what's the worse that can happen? It's not like they can just call every other company in the world and tell them I lied.

If it facilitates me getting better experience in my relevant field, what's stopping me /biz/? Is there something obvious I'm missing here?
>>
>>3487095
Nothing is stopping you but fear. Everyone lies and many even lie in tremendous ways.

Hopefully you're actually capable to perform the job, that is all.

Realistically though I'd recommend any highschool-only person on /biz/ to just lie and say they have an associates degree in some general area like business admin, it's believable and helps a fair bit.
>>
File: 1501184252529.jpg (35KB, 658x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501184252529.jpg
35KB, 658x720px
If you ever get in trouble at a company you lied on your cv to get into, the very first thing they do is check everything with a toothcomb looking to fire you. It's Gross Misconduct in almost all companies to do what you are suggesting, and most will fire you on the spot irrespective of how good you are at the job, how long you've done the job for, etc etc

So, yeah, you can risk a lie, but it can also come back to bite you on the ass later, at any ttime, without warning.

We've fired nurses, even consultants with twenty years experience who lied all those years ago.

The only thing you can get away with is dropping qualifications off your application form. That sort of equivocation isn't actionable in most places.
>>
You can't be rejected by community colleges
Then you can transfer to a proper university
Is lying on your resume the right moral action to take?
>>
>>3487095
Nothing's stopping you. So long as you claim your education was something kind of useless and nonspecific (communications, marketing, etc) it'd be tough to call you out or ask something only someone in that field should know.

There is a risk of blowback. You should tell absolutely zero people about it. You also should be prepared to have a back story to share when co-workers ask you about your life. Decide on what clubs you were in (hint IM whatever you do ever), fraternities, etc
>>
>>3487450
This.just make it seem believable. You dont need to make a list and memorize the courses you took for 4 years but try to make it seem like how a person who did graduate would respond.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.