[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best books and resources for opening and operating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: extra heavy.jpg (277KB, 2365x2365px) Image search: [Google]
extra heavy.jpg
277KB, 2365x2365px
What are the best books and resources for opening and operating a restaurant?
>>
dont
>>
>>3466525
Best resource. Work in a successful restaurant that caters to the type you want to open. Find a woman. Have some kids. Run that restaurant. Running a successful restaurant is fucking terrible. Been running a family one we have revs over 1M+ a year and my mom makes 250k yr. She has no pension though. It is fucking hell. She works probably 50 hours plus a week easy. Last vacation 8 years ago.
>>
dont
>>
>>3467189
>>3467229
oh ya..

dont.
>>
>>3466525
Don't.

80% of your employees steal from you and are unreliable and you have to make most profit from liquor, which, you guessed it, employees steal too.
>>
>>3466525
I feel like opening your own resturants only should be for people who love food, are a professional chef, and have dedicated their life to the industry. Its LITERALLY the farthest thing from a get quick rich strategy, and you will only get burned if your just in it for the money.
>>
>>3467264
>LITERALLY the farthest thing from a get quick rich strategy
Why do you guys all seem to think that's what I'm looking for?
>>
>>3466525
Just buy a franchise, up here you can get a Subway for $25K. (leaf bux)

Probably completely start it up for under $400,000
>>
>>3467323
>Buy franchise
>Pay monthly royalty tax and royalty on every sale

Ya, no.
>>
>>3467212
>>3467238
memes aside basically this. work in one before ever opening one. my dad had one for a few years. the hours are long and hard. customers don't give a shit about you, employees are unreliable and turnover is insane; drug addicts try and get jobs for one paycheck then dip or just steal. its hot, stressful, dirty, and you smell. there's no money in food, just liquor.
>>
>>3467314
You need money to stay open?
>>
>>3467314
Because thats what 90% of what biz is looking for. If you don't have head chef experience and/or past professional managerial experience, stay far from this industry. I hate people who think they can open up a franchise, or they're own brand restaurant, sit at home and make money. YOU have to come every single day to make sure its running well. YOU have to delegate, supervise, and oversee EVERYTHING for at least the first 2-3 years.
Ive seen it first hand burn out friends and family of mine, and most have to put their homes up for collateral. It will kill you if your not ready, not something you walk away from and chalk up a loss and try again. Your life will never be the same if you fail
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.