[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>need experience to get a job above minimum wage >cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: despair.jpg (24KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
24KB, 308x302px
>need experience to get a job above minimum wage
>cant get experience as a result

Is lying the only option? Please convince me not to lie to get a decent job where I can get my foot in the door. I want some tech job or something where I can actually earn money and learn useful shit.
>>
>>3466146
programming bootcamp
>>
>>3466157
Does that shit actually work
>>
>>3466146
tbqh minimum wage work isn't that bad. you have hardly any resposibilities. the work generally isn't that hard. you don't really have the burden of failure on your shoulders because theres really no way you can fail at stocking shelves or flipping burgers etc.

at the end of the day it's just a fucking job. who the fuck wants to sit in a cubicle all day anyway?
>>
>>3466197
if you're smart, have monies, and good social skills.

otherwise hit or miss.

try this : https://www.freecodecamp.org/

people have gotten jobs without actually doing the whole thing
>>
>>3466197
Experienced programmer here. Not really. You will still be a noob. The only way to learn is by trial and error. Stop trying to be hand held in your life. Learn to solve problems by yourself.
>>
If you have any programming knowledge then just start building a project and work on it for a couple of months. You can then whip it out in an interview and show them your skill. That's what I did about a week ago and I've been invited for a second interview in about 3 hours. I started the project when I was literally in a mental ward after a suicide attempt, I thought I would never be able to land a job again.
>>
>>3466207
>who the fuck wants to sit in a cubicle all day
Me. Well, I have my own office, not a cubicle. Barely do any work, just shitpost and trade crypto.
>>
I wouldn't mind a tech job too.

I've built my own computer a few times, I've messed around with web design and PHP, I've used Linux just a bit as a hobby, etc. I've hosted different kinds of servers .

The only problem is I'm only vaguely familiar with all these things. Jack of all trades, master of none.
>>
>>3466235
You sound like every millennial ever.
>>
>>3466212
I'll try that and my own meme projects.

I know ive read like 50% of web developers or whatever have no degree but still I just dont know how I'll be able to sell myself... better off trying though you guys are right.

>>3466235
Same as me. I think many of us here on 4chan have this situation. Where we've most likely dabbled in some programming, type above average, can research shit online which puts us above middle aged women working as office layabouts but we dont have specific skills.
>>
>>3466235
That's fine. I started off like you. I used to be a designer then progressed my skills into more technical. Like the other post. Build some things that are real world like. Employers look for things. The amount of juniors and noobs I've worked with that managed to find good paying jobs. It's easy. This industry has more demand than supply. Learn a real language after you grasp PHP more.
>>
>>3466277
stacie does not know how to do this shit
>>
>>3466281
Just try and get booked for interviews. I fucked up a few of them. It's fine. Just like trading some you win some you lose and you become prepared for the next. Personally, I would try to find small gigs on freelance job sites only. The pay might be crap but if you work your way up and solve shit quicker you can moon your income rapidly.
>>
I have never done any kind of coding before, but I started learning python for the hell of it and gonna move on to different languages once I'm comfortable with it. Will this ever help get me a job or are degrees pretty much mandatory?
>>
>>3466289
But what to learn? There seems to be a million languages and frameworks.

I found a course on the MEAN stack which one anon said got him paid gigs.... but then other anons said AngularJS is dead and not to use it.

Same with Ruby on rails and everything else. It's confusing, also many job listings seem to demand a lot of experience and skills in 30 technologies.

>>3466323
Im sorry but can you please show me how to find freelance gigs.

They feel like either for pajeets(far below minimum wage) or for professionals
>>
>>3466347
No
>>
>>3466347
Are you familiar with other reptiles? Why did you choose that snake specifically
>>
File: lizzer.jpg (107KB, 830x314px) Image search: [Google]
lizzer.jpg
107KB, 830x314px
>>3466620
>Are you familiar with other reptiles?
Sort of.
>>
>>3466157
>>3466197
These are a complete fucking meme.

I went to one that promised a "hiring and apprenticeship network" with a list of 30 companies, and actually those are just companies they have ever interacted with, and I have still not gotten a job a year later.

I got into investing because I failed at psychology (lol no upbringing, no guidance in life) and coding (no one hires an unemployed loser with no real work experience).

So basically just fucking kill me now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.