[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the accumulation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1490679497469.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490679497469.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the accumulation meme? Why would it take hours/days/weeks for something to accumulate when you can just buy it with a single click of the mouse
>>
>>3443281
cause you can often suppress or even lower the price by 20%+. once you're done, lift your walls and buy enough to start an uptrend. the bots and FOMO daytraders will pump it so you can dump on some scrub.
>>
Because large buy orders are harder to fill all at once because people need to be selling such an amount.

Continually buying within a short time frame has its problems as well because it would drive up the price significantly.
>>
I guess people need to accurate fiat at the wage slave mart before accumulating crypto?
>>
>>3443281
because they chase fake news. ie: apple. google. etc
>>
>>3443281
if you put up a huge buy wall the price will keep pumping and your order won't get filled.
>>
>>3443310
Apparently most of /biz/ doesn't get it except this guy.

If you know how to read a chart a massive buy order on a coin going down or sideways is going to set off mental alarm bells. Whereas if you split your order across many days, and allow new sellers to come in, the market continues to look natural.
This is aided by large sell walls. Think about it, you want to sell your 100 ABC but there is something with a sell order for 50k ABC 2k sats above current market price. Chances are you'll sell under the wall. The whale accumulating cheap ABC then buys your ABC. After a while he removes the wall and the price is suddenly free to go up, along with all his cheap ABC.

This is also why you should laugh at anyone who posts a really green order book full of asks at round number quantities.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.