[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do I have to do tax shit if I start trading crypto or can I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: pierre-bernard-recliner-of-rage.jpg (212KB, 570x432px) Image search: [Google]
pierre-bernard-recliner-of-rage.jpg
212KB, 570x432px
do I have to do tax shit if I start trading crypto or can I just put money in and roll with it
>>
>>3428349
You get taxed after each trade in America
>>
Depending on where you live, you're supposed to tax it like other investments when you get over a certain point.
I don't think most here do tax it though.
>>
>>3428361
does that go through automatically or do I have to pit it on tax forms and shit
>>
>>3428373
Tax forms and shit.
>>
>>3428373
Most exchanges, or at least the ones I know (Binance, Bittrex), let you export the information of each trades you have ever made in the Trade History.
>>
File: 1476500159767.jpg (48KB, 720x564px) Image search: [Google]
1476500159767.jpg
48KB, 720x564px
>>3428392
blah

I suck at doing this tax filing shit
>>
>>3428401
Also, I only wanna pour like 500$ into this to test it out, taxes are probably gonna put me in a negatave amount of cash
>>
>>3428401
It's the natural consequence of investing / trading. You can always hire someone to do it for you.
>>
>>3428410
If you're in the U.S., taxes are progressive. The less money you make, the less tax you pay.
>>
>>3428401
bitcoin.tax and use api keys.
>>
if i'm NEET how much money can i make before paying capital gains
>>
>>3428500
Your capital gains are realized after every single transaction...
>>
>>3428510
This shit really punts my testicles. No matter what happens in the meantime, I'm going to have to sell out enough next year to cover my "realized" gains this year, which then just creates more realized gains that I'll have to pay taxes on. It's such bullshit that money that even though I never took actual USD gains off of crypto, the IRS says I did based on the way they handle trading crypto for crypto.
>>
>>3428500
Long term capital gains tax is 0% until your taxable income is $37,650. Short term capital gains are taxed at your regular income tax rate (you have to file if you make more than $10,350).
>>
>>3428555
It isn't bullshit at all once you realize how insane a barter transaction loophole would be. It would become trivially easy to avoid taxes altogether.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.