[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can an 'Idea Guy' start a company? I have a fu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 1499567995391.png (7KB, 325x344px) Image search: [Google]
1499567995391.png
7KB, 325x344px
How can an 'Idea Guy' start a company? I have a fucking killer idea for an amazing and innovative product & business:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bus/6277511835.html

Problem is, I'm just an Idea Man.

So that's where I'm at - I have an idea of what the app can be and how we can get it there, along with deeper fleshed out ideas to help get it going, though I don't have a coder to do it. My only available funds a month are about $300 ($1,300 in disposable income starting December), though the coder would receive co-founder status and would be privileged accordingly in the hierarchy of the company, as would anybody else that contributes in an equal manner.

Convincing a coder - a talented and gifted coder at that - to complete the first phase of getting an app to connect people for basically free in the hopes of a product getting big would probably be an even bigger challenge than securing investors later down the road - after all if the product is good, it wouldn't take much for investors to hop on board, especially as they'd realize the product's potential would grow and grow. Getting a coder to do this basically for free would be far more difficult, but that's where I'm at now.

Have any advice? At the first step, and it'll probably be the hardest challenge in the journey.
>>
>>3409666
one more thing:

I'm studying to be an RN, and have no practical skills or deep knowledge in coding or business. I came up with this idea from dating girls after a crippling breakup, and figure an app that connects everybody together could be successful.

I'd take on a 'general helper' role. Answering or making phone calls/emails, traveling to meet with anyone, helping assure our goals are being addressed as smooth as they can. Helping tasks that I'd be capable of doing that wouldn't require other dedicated employee doing them.

So, it wouldn't be wise for me to be an accountant, but I could help double check numbers, etc. That, and helping others with a variety of other tasks to keep busy.

A lower wage job, to make it fair. One of the founders of Snapchat was an "Ideas Guy" and indeed he took on responsibilities that he wasn't competent enough for, which caused enough friction within the company to bring about his ousting.
>>
as a programmer, I would say you need to pay them. Have them sign a Disclosure that they cant steal your idea, since If you told me, and i liked the idea, I can just do it myself without you. Co-founder status isnt enough to do shit. Just learn how to program yourself.
>>
>>3409666
Furthermore: If a coder who was eager to develop an app that'd eventually turn into a company WAS on board yet logically wanted to get compensated for the effort of coding it - how much would a fair amount be? You know, would a fair way be to pay him an hourly wage, or an agreed amount per progress?

I'd also have to ask myself what my role would be in these early stages
>>
>>3409696
Problem is, to fully realize what I'm imagining, even with just first phase ( https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bus/6277511835.html ) I would need to be pretty fucking good...

...But yeah, check this out that I just now posted, what do you think:
>>3409703
>>
>>3409736
Look up hashtaggy and tell me if its what youre visioning
>>
File: laughing whores.jpg (125KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
laughing whores.jpg
125KB, 1300x957px
>>3409666
HhahahahAHAHahahahahahahahahaha
*breaths in*
HAA HAAAAAAAAHAHAAAHAAHAHAHAHA
*FARTING*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How fucking delusional are you?

>portland
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHA

Thanks, I needed that.
>>
>>3409673
You have the skills of a secretary, and you have no idea what your '''app''' even requires in terms of technological knowledge or work, do you?

$5 says it's an online service which means you're looking at 2 or 3 people (minimum) if you want to maintain your own infrastructure.

>>3409703
>Furthermore: If a coder who was eager to develop an app that'd eventually turn into a company WAS on board yet logically wanted to get compensated for the effort of coding it - how much would a fair amount be?

To be clear: You do not have enough money to pay for this. Someone who's American, starving, and is amusing you would take 3k/month if they're from a shithole in Idaho or something.
>>
>>3409666
lol another idea guy. Most coders get approached by faggots like you all the time.
>>
>>3409770
Right, just checked it out. Yeah, that'd have an element in my app, for 100% sure.

My idea brings that and a slew of other things together into a package.

It's like how Apple took pieces of different thing and combined into a single product that the mainstream didn't even know it was missing, but was glad that it was released, you know? That's my idea bro.

>>3409805

It's a fucking solid idea, I just need to explore how a willing coder should be compensated for the effort of coding for a startup.

Coming up with a realistic compensation for a willing coder that wants to co-found a company seems to be the foremost pressing issue, and will make finding a coder far easier for everyone.

It's an interesting challenge, I'll talk to various coders and businessmen, possibly lawyers. Let me know if you have solid dollar amounts in mind that'd seam fair, for sure.
>>
>>3409875
if you want to find a cheap programmer, go to the local university, and find someone there or outsource it to some poor Asian country programmer. A professional programmer has learned YEARS of programming not to tag along without money.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-09-15-42-13.png (237KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-09-15-42-13.png
237KB, 1080x1920px
>>3409845
The difference is that my idea is convincingly solid.

My idea truly is better than the rest, and the feedback proves it. I've collected a variety of people interested, AND I have several colleges that have interns that are interested.

My two first challenges:

Getting a coder that'll be on board for lowish pay (and come up with a convincing payment method)

Finding a role for myself in the early rough and tumble stages of a startup
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-09-15-46-45.png (347KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-09-15-46-45.png
347KB, 1080x1920px
>>3409941
This same coder just sent this a minute ago

And I have interested people approach me decently often, after I broadcast it. The idea speaks for itself

It's getting ragtag coders on board aND coming up a fair approach to funds is the most challenging part.
>>
>>3409875
It's actually not a fucking solid idea. It's a completely dimwitted one that boils down to, "what if we made a social app (tm) that was the best app !!!" There is nothing remotely new or interesting or unique about your idea. Nothing. Nothing at all. And what's worse is you don't even know what the fuck you are talking about.

>a willing coder
>realistic compensation
>co-founder
>coder
>interesting challenge

I've had schizophrenics who shit their pants approach me outside cafes with better ideas than this.
>>
>>3409941
>The difference is that my idea is convincingly solid.

no, every fucking random on the street has some braindead idea for a "facebook-killer" social network.

also, it's unlikely that you'd be able to get by on a single programmer for something as complex as a social network. they might be able to prototype something and throw it on AWS until it got a thousand concurrent users and crashed
>>
>>3409971
>The idea speaks for itself
>The email has literally no mention of 'the idea', the only thing she's interested in is being paid
You're being taken for a ride, dumbass. Don't forget the NDA.
>>
>>3409931
I guess I'm wondering how much a college kid or a southeast Asian programmer would cost, you know? What would be fair
>>
>>3409666
>>3410041
Let me guess, you're about 19, middle class, and mommy has put a golden star on every shit log since you were in diapers.
>>
>>3409998
Shoot me an email at [email protected] to establish a contact

I have a few ideas for marketing too. In the link here - http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fportland.craigslist.org%2Fmlt%2Fbus%2F6277511835.html I include a Google link that mentions Community Challenges. Vira community challenges would definitely gain traction fast. A lot of the marketing can be done at that user ground level which is great. Imagine the co-founders starting an underwear jog for charity, etc
>>
>>3409999
But that's false

Example, the first phase of the app:

The app would solely begin by allowing like-minded users connecting with each other in real time, based on various categories of interest, by sending invite-notifications to each other. Examples to connect could range from local sports, finding a church buddy, college kids seeking a study buddy, musicians connecting, singles looking to date, to general hangouts. Facebook is brilliant at staying in touch with established contacts, this will be brilliant in establishing those contacts.

That has never been successfully tried before. That alone would be a success if the public caught on
>>
>>3410006
It's not a Facebook killer and it's not a complex social network at first

JESUS

Do you not realize that Instagram launched in the fucking Facebook era? If someone told me to invest an a website for photos I'd laugh, while pointing to him photobucket that exists already anyway

It can work with Facebook and can furthermore be successful if the features are convincing and excel in a way competitors don't

FURTHERMORE the first main feature that will be the first phase of the app...

DOESN'T EVEN EXIST:
>>3410119
>>
see steve jobs
>>
>>3410119
You are the type of person who can't even accept criticism, let alone failure. You can't learn from your mistakes.

This is you btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDwEFvOh9co&t=2334s
>>
>>3410156
And by the way, Facebook was still this thing that everybody and their grandmother had when Instagram launched, DESPITE everyone saying people can just upload their pics to Facebook

It's because Instagram excelled at a honed-in feature.

We can do the same with what I proposed here:

http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsys.4chan.org%2Fderefer%3Furl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fportland.craigslist.org%252Fmlt%252Fbus%252F6277511835.html

What's great is the initial core feature of connecting with strangers in the way that I'm imagining hadn't even been tried yet, so the initial hype and popularity WILL Cole from a new and unique experience
>>
>>3409941
>>3409971
>Kimberly

Dropped.
>>
File: 1467325465033.png (73KB, 201x226px) Image search: [Google]
1467325465033.png
73KB, 201x226px
>>3410093
>[email protected]

Oh, it's you. Should have known.

Good luck lol.
>>
>>3410232
Hah, yeah here's a separate link for that:

https://youtu.be/si03x9apLFU

Challenging me and making me get anxious and tap my foot harder to help think out a problem is fascinating and exciting

Saying 'hurr idea isn't new or unreasonable' is just dumb.

The first phase is entirely new

the second phase of adding more features can be successful if innovative and addicting - Instagram proved this

The third phase of having the app be customizable to any need would again be unique and new

The development for the second and third phase would take off once success comes rolling in.
>>
>>3409666
Learn to code or fuck off. Ideas are ten a penny.
>>
File: 1504910831504.jpg (115KB, 1200x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1504910831504.jpg
115KB, 1200x1196px
>>3409666
>Problem is, I'm just an Idea Man.
you're a worthless piece of parasitic shit. learn a trade for fucks sake or at least how to hire people.
>>
>>3410622
Not mine, see:

http://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fportland.craigslist.org%2Fmlt%2Fbus%2F6277511835.html

>>3410668
Why the hostility?
>>
The worst thing about ideas guys is that they seem to imagine that programmers are mindless automatons just waiting to be gifted ideas from the heavens when the truth is every single programmer I know, myself included, has far more ideas for projects than time to work on them.

The only reason I would ever work on someone else's project is if they were paying me what my time is worth, something which is never on the table with ideas guys.
>>
>>3410762
DONT YOU GET IT HAVE YOU NOT READ THE PHASES????
>>
I know how to program but I don't have any ideas..
>>
>>3410762
No no that's what in trying to avoid!

I'm wondering how to properly compensate a coder when I'm on a budget
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.