/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I come from a family of farmers and generic low-class

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1380868176341.png (87KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1380868176341.png
87KB, 250x250px
Hey guys,

I come from a family of farmers and generic low-class people. I've been working in Cali at a fin/tech position and just got a degree from a good school (finance/CS) and want to move to NY to pursue a career in backprop trading.

But I don't know what to wear. I'm not used to dealing with people in high places and I'm worried that I'll come across as gaudy and that my perception of how "wealthy people dress" may wind up being a little much. Should I wear a suit and tie? How much should I shell out? Will they notice if it's cheap? From what I understand, people in the NY financial sector can be as bitchy as politicians when it comes to clothing. I have plenty of dosh to spend on clothes, but I don't want to spend anything I don't need to (OFC it's just fabric that covers my body)

Does anyone who works in "high finance" want to tell me how to dress? How do you dress in your day to day?
>>
>>3408940
Dress like your manager
>>
yes, wear a suit and tie

i work in tech in NYC but i brush shoulders with these guys all the time and they dress as you would expect. i would wear a clean suit without any gaudy flair
>>
>>3408965
don't spend over a thousand
>>
>>3408940
People are going to judge you if you don't spend at least a tenth of your salary on your uniform. Pay a twentieth of your salary just to be on the safe side.
>>
>>3408974

What, just something from indochino or brook's brothers? Are those good suits?

>>3408962

My manager is a middle-aged asian man who prefers purple and yellow.

Wouldn't work with my pale skin.

>>3408981

$9000 in suits seems a bit steep when I could be putting that money away...
>>
>>3409025
Shit I'm just meming. Some basic slacks, button up shirt, and a tie are probably enough for the new-guy grad to start with. Add a suit jacket in the interview, and you can determine there whether you gotta keep using it.
>>
>>3409097

not going to lie I kind of hate the idea of dressing up in a suit all day. I get the impression lots of people see the suit and just assume I'm an asshole stock broker or something.

Don't get me wrong, they're right, but it still hurts.
>>
>>3408940
not gonna happen.
>>
>>3408940

What made you leave the farm?

I have no input for your question since I come from the same generic low-class.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.