[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>my parents just casually asked me if ive heard about bitcoin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

>my parents just casually asked me if ive heard about bitcoin because they saw on TV that some people made millions from it

is it time to sell yet?
>>
>>3391590
>sells his 0.5 BTC
We have a rebel here.
>>
I told my dad about bitcoin. He can't comprehend what gives it value.
>neither can i
>>
>>3391590

Hide your powerlevel
>>
>>3391590
>Not waiting for normie FOMO
Bitcoin will be worth 500k at least in 10 years.
>>
>>3391590
More normies buying btc price raises in a normal market but idk what our jews overlord have prepare for us so its gamble at this point
>>
>>3391619

Same thing that gives money value.
>>
>>3391590
We're not even on the same dimension as normies for them to scratch the surface. Everyone knew about websites during the dotcom era, but who really invested in it? When we reach a trillion market cap, things will start to get more interesting.
>>
most people on earth do not have access to the internet
most that do, do not understand the internet
most people do not understand investing and do not invest
most people do not have enough money to invest, especially in something as 'risky' as bitcoin
most people do not understand the fiat currency they use everyday, nor are they ever concerned with its ever increasing inflation
most people are not concerned with becoming wealthy and having freedom, both expose them to additional responsibility and risk

we are not in a bubble and wont be for a few years to come
>>
>>3391590
my dad just told me that the news said that they banned Bitcoin in China so I dont think the normies really understand crypto yet.
>>
>>3391663
>what coiners say to themselves so they can sleep at night
>>
>>3391628
why should it have value when it's unstable as fuck, has the risk of having some security flaw found in it, and really has no obvious advantage over paypal to most normies? Yet, I still buy it.
>>
>>3391692
wow start arguing any time
>>
>>3391713
D E C E N T R A L I Z E D
>>
File: traitsofmoney.png (209KB, 662x394px) Image search: [Google]
traitsofmoney.png
209KB, 662x394px
>>3391713
volatile because low market cap and not widely adopted
>>
>>3391713
Inb4 someone yells buzzwords at you
oh wait >>3391756

Bitcoin is less decentralized now then it has ever been.
>>
>>3391623

This.

Literally jerk off to 2d girls for 10 yrs and then retire. It's just a waiting game now.
>>
>>3391776

Then buy a coin that's actually decentralized and never will be centralized.
Vertcoin for example. Literally ASIC miner resistant Bitcoin technology
>>
Why is normies a bad thing someone explain.
I see it as more people joining the market more to grow. the stock exchange itself is worth trillions while we are just a fraction of that.. imagine what alts will cost when more people hop on and start trading the crypto market.
>>
>>3391628
Oh yeah? which government owns bitcoin?
>>
>>3391821

Democracy
>>
>>3391764
how is gold not decentralised? its literally the only money there that you could (at one point) find without ever contacting anyone else, and it would be worth the same as any other gold anyone else had
>>
>>3391809
implies that we've reached a peak in people buying into it so it can only go down from there
>>
>my parents just casually asked me if ive heard about the world wide web because they saw on TV that some people made millions from it

For comparison, that's about how far we are into cryptocurrency becoming mainstream. We still have quite some time.

....unless it all crashes and burns and we all lose all our money...
>>
>>3391855
But only just recently have few normies asked about it, I feel like we would need to worry when total market cap of crypto is approx around 2 trillion. Think apple stock is worth 800 billion. I dont think we are anywhere close to full fledged normie adoption
>>
The interesting question is what did you say?
>>
>>3391877
I agree, just playing devil's advocate.

Saw somewhere that the number of bitcoin wallets is only around 20 million at an estimate, and even then some individuals will have duplicates. We're almost certainly still early adopters, provided cryptocurrency does proliferate.
>>
>>3391590
yes sell your bitcoins for our neoshekels goy
>>
>>3391956
early adopter i would have been if i bought it 1$ at 2011 , but i didndnt so fuck you !
>>
>>3391851
what is your capacity to mine gold and legally keep it for yourself? where in the world can you freely do this?
>>
>>3391764
Looks like something a biz mongoloid would make to shill crypto to his normie acquaintances
>>
File: CJD7R2QWUAAqRGa.jpg (24KB, 463x463px) Image search: [Google]
CJD7R2QWUAAqRGa.jpg
24KB, 463x463px
>>3391601
Stop laughing with my 0.5 BTC
>>
>>3392041
what parts of it can you refute?
>>
>>3391590
No. You sell when institutional money gets in. And you do it by first anonymizing all your accounts through a private chain (monero) (this should have been done already), then buying bitcoin (or whatever the dominant currency is when the institutional funds settle), and selling the short/medium term holdings you need via local bitcoin or another similar method while the world shifts toward blockchain. During this period, you lay low and live on cash.

Once all this is complete, you establish residence in a foreign country that does not tax investment income, and you pay an attorney 10% to place it for you so you can live your life, free of worries about government boogeymen.
>>
>>3391995
If bitcoin were to become mainstream, $100k+ per coin is not unreasonable. You are still an early adopter.
>>
>>3391956
There is minimal institutional investment in crypto.

Once we start seeing fund managers dumping actual money into it, then we need to get out.

Right now, there are some small funds (managing <$1b) entering crypto, but that's mainly hedge fund type investment, and most large funds are hampered by a murky regulatory environment.

I'd expect to see crypto explode once the regulatory environment is clarified in the US, and once there are publicly-traded ETFs based on crypto.

Once your 401k has the option to invest in crypto, it's time to ride the wave for 18-24 months then get out, because your average scrub with a retirement account is the dumb money the Goldmans of the world fuck over. We got in early; we're the smart money. But if we overstay our welcome, the Bilderbergs win.

3-5 years after crypto goes mainstream (i.e. your dad can invest in "bitcoins" through a standard broker), the market will collapse. That's what happened with the tech boom in the 90s. Even so, the early investors made lots of money off vaporware, as long as they found a greater fool to take their bags. We are the early investors, our parents' retirement accounts are the greater fools. Time to make some fucking money.
>>
>>3391821
>>3391830
>WE DUH PEEPLE
hahahahahahahahahah fucking cancer. This thing is going to fall hard.
>>
>>3392177

Good post, I'm all in on crypto but only planned to profit for a year before cashing out. You changed my mind. I think your logic is good, we aren't anywhere near the accessibility that the tech bubble was at...
>>
File: gold-pics.jpg (325KB, 707x277px) Image search: [Google]
gold-pics.jpg
325KB, 707x277px
>>3392006
literally gold panning rivers
>>
File: 563548905113.jpg (72KB, 636x616px) Image search: [Google]
563548905113.jpg
72KB, 636x616px
>>3392177

>then we need to get out.

Into what?
Fiat? Dont make my cry. From laughter
>>
this thread is suspicious op. did you just cause btc to crash by selling so your parents don't find out?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.