[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biz/ I need some advice. I want to start a business. Specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

/biz/ I need some advice.

I want to start a business. Specifically making and selling hydroponic equipment. To start, it would be pretty basic and I plan to work out of home. It will cost approximately $5000 to start up, probably cost another $1000 in learning curve to fine-tune my settings and equipment before I can roll out the specifics for retail.

Here’s my problem. I’ve been out of work since Christmas ’16. Laid off and have not been able to find work. Short story: I seem to fall into the “your degree says you’re uneducated/unexperienced even though your work says you are very educated/experienced” zone. I have a few interviews lined up for literally shit cleaning jobs, just to get some bills paid, try to keep my bank account from getting lower, and to try and save up while starting a business while work 45+ hours a week with a regular job.

I understand this will be very hard and stressful, but I don’t know how else to do it… Other than this.
>>
>>3374431
My girlfriend offered to get a full time job making only $12.50 an hour. Basically, we will be living in low-end poverty while she does this. The switch is, I take care of the kids and try and start my business. I’d be spending some of my last bit of money on the startup but this way I’d be able to focus all my attention on that, rather than working 45+ hours a week only to come home and work another 20+. I don’t necessarily like this, because 1: I hate taking care of the kids. My girlfriend raised them to be so fucking needy my 10 year old can’t even make himself oatmeal in the morning. 2: we would be living in hardcore poverty which I haven’t done in 20 years. And 3: my girlfriend is very irresponsible with money. I’m concerned she will fuck it all up and I’ll still have to pay for bills, while running a work-from home start up, while not having a steady paycheck, while having to hopefully get my kids to become young men instead of little whiny bitches.

That being said, I AM a good father, it is just that specific issue that is really going to drive me nuts and I know it. But I think once I beat them a few times, it will start to sink in they need to start being more self dependent and things will be a bit easier. But that still leaves my girl as a potential risk while I try and start a business up that I have no idea if it will be successful or not.

>no, I’ve never owned a business
>yes, my business plan is done, extensive, and theoretically, I could make money, assuming I have customers (of course, that’s a given)
>I am poised to set it all up and would have a very short learning curve
>the company has several goals to be met for growth
>I don’t know how to run the business after “goal 3” which would require some kind of outside help to help me manage certain aspects of growth
What would you do in my shoes?
>inb4 trollololol responses
looking for legit assessments of the situation
>>
>>3374431

mirror in that position would probably work really well once you got used to it
>>
>>3374454
>mirror
You mean, once I got used to watching the kids and having my girl do the bills?
>>
>>3374431
Is your target market the marijuana industry?
>>
>>3374431
the problem OP is that too many people went to work for megacorps instead of starting their own thing, because boomers literally didnt give a fuck about the generation to come, and lazily extrapolated 5 years of post war boom into infiniti for the future. So now you have boomers who taught their children get a degree and go work for nice megacorp. While megacorp CEO, took 500x to 2000x the return on profits for himself where he used to take only 60x and give the rest to his workers some 30 to 40 years ago.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.