[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you have against spending a grand to make some ETH?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

What do you have against spending a grand to make some ETH?

Most here kept telling me that mining is not worth it.

Why is it not worth it?

it looks worth it too me
why dont you do it?
why do most of you say its too late to get into mining ?
is it just most of you are linux noobs?
Dont have the capital?
dont care to mine?
>>
>>3367816
Difficulty bomb, switch from POW to POS which makes mining ETH.... impossible... stuff like that.

Yes there will be other coins to mine but no other coin nearly as profitable for a while. Until the market chooses the next winner. And that next winner might not even be a coin you can mine.
>>
Reward about to drop down to below 1/3 of what it is currently
>>
>>3367816
Because people don't like competition dude.
On plebbit they were telling each other to use specific cables on amazon which burned if you hooked up more than two cards to them. Mining, unlike investing is a zero sum game - if someone else gets in, your hashpower and probability of getting a block is reduced.
>>
There must be a point at which the mining market becomes so saturated that beyond a certain point it is no longer worth it. If we assume that people are rational then the market will always be at exactly that point. People are not rational, so it is most likely beyond that point.
>>
>>3367816
Research the development timeline for ETH and you'll see why mining isn't going to work out for you. The difficulty spike that's incoming in a few weeks will make it impossible to mine.

You could still build a miner to mine other coins tho. Do research, use Google.
>>
>>3367872
usb risers* not cables
>>
It's actually still the safest way into crypto, srs. Nvidia GPUs are a great hedge and good buy right now. can't go wrong with one or two 1080ti if you can get them at non inflated prices, especially if you like gaming or do some ML stuff.
>>
>>3367816
because of electricity costs and time to break even on your mining equipment.
Look, if you really want to mine, then just rent hashpower. There are plenty of services for that. You are not going to get shit with a 1k mining rig. Projected profitability is not going to be the same as real world, it'll be siginificantly lower IRL.
>>
>>3367816
it is worth but not has much as this screen cap makes it seem if, you're getting 50 MH/s you're going to consume alot more than 140 watts probably more like 600-800 you're gonna be running at least 2 decent video cards to get that much hash a second
>>
>>3367816
lower the profit by 50% and you might be close to reality.
>>
>>3367816

just buy the ETH. trust me, it works a lot faster that way.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.