[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes to renting an apartment, how many people are too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20170825_161757.jpg (202KB, 798x621px)
20170825_161757.jpg
202KB, 798x621px
When it comes to renting an apartment, how many people are too many, like where do I draw the limit? I mean, 5 people in a two bedroom apartment makes your $800-1000 rent go down to like 160-200 a month. But you also have to deal with 2 or 3 people in one room (or someone on the couch). Also the shower and toilette situation is a mess. Whats your guy's advice?
>>
>>3348057
>renting
Literally throwing money away. No wonder these idiots on minimum wage remain poor.
>>
>>3348082
Literally still in uni for pre law. Im broke as fuck where am I gonna buy a house?
>>
>>3348057
>5 people in a two bedroom apartment
Dude what? Are you Mexican/Indian?

>$800-1000 rent

Where I live (Chicago) you would be very lucky to find a small studio for $800 unless you want to live in the hood.

If you are willing to live with up to 5 people then you usually rent a townhouse or a house.
>>
Renting vs buying depends on how much you value being mobile for some its worth it for others its not. IL residents will be fucked when the state jacks their Prop taxes up to pay for 30 years of unfunded gibs so renting and being able to gtfo is definitely valuable in certain situations.

TLDR 1 person or couple per bedroom no more than 3-4 people or 2 couples per bathroom.
If youre under 25 and not growing drugs you should not be living alone its a waste of money.

I own my own place at 27 but its cause Im about to be rich and will be renting it out besides the fact.
>>
>>3348090
Do you not have parents or something?
>>
also Im an STL area IL resident here so cost of living is pretty cheap compared to the coasts.
>>
>>3348139
Across state lines.
>>
>>3348141
>STL area IL

Oh god.

Rural or city?
>>
>>3348141
>>3348130
Mike?
>>
>>3348158
>wasting money going to a college halfway across the country
Continue to stay poor then.
>>
>>3348139
>just get your parents to buy you a house like me
>>
>>3348169
Private uni threw so much money at me that I'm paying a cc tuition. I'd be a tard not to go
>>
>>3348082
Lol you're a retard if you think buying a house for yourself is going to save you money.
>>
>>3348219
Honestly this
Unless you have the money to pay off a huge part of your house at once your loan and house payments will basically be rent for your whole life.
>>
File: 1478988667365.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478988667365.png
1MB, 960x720px
>>3348441
>he fell for the 30-year loan meme
>no self-respecting homeowner takes more than 15 years to pay off a house. You're just living way beyond your means at that point.

>>3348219
You realize people that rent out houses make money, right? Where exactly do you think that money comes from?
>>
>>3348565
>tfw my parents have lived in the same house since 1996 and have yet to pay it off and are no where close.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.