[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have degree + two years of experience in my role >recruiter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: oy vey.jpg (33KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
oy vey.jpg
33KB, 575x556px
>have degree + two years of experience in my role
>recruiter calls me about an opportunity
>talk talk talk, eventually says 'we'd love for you to come in'
>it's a fucking 'education day' from 11am-2pm on a Friday
>'you and 12-15 other applicants will present to potential corporate clients! Be sure to come in a suit and be prepared to give a 3-minute presentation'
>'yeah sure, I'll be there!'
>immediate bad taste in my mouth

Anyone ever been to one of these? It already sounds demeaning.
>>
>>3346743
lol don't go to that shit.

They're just going to hire the black girl anyway.
>>
>>3346743
why the hell are job applicants meeting clients? sounds shady anon
>>
>>3346743
don't go - it's MLM
>>
>>3346743
Sounds like they want you to work for free.
Tell the recruiter your time is valueable and to fuck off
>>
I once went to some event where everyone had to do several tests, so they would eventually pick some people for their traineeship.
I came out on top. I won a goodiebag. And then they told everyone they were instructed some time before to have a recruitment stop, so nobody would proceed to the next round.

Not sure why they even organized it except to keep themselves busy.
>>
90% it's a MLM scam
>>
>>3346743
yeah ive had someone ring me up twice for something like this

same thing with the corporate clients and 3 minute presentation where you have to "sell yourself". i live over 2 hours away from where they hold the event and have tried to convince me that there is employment opportunities right where i live. havent been to it yet
>>
>>3346864
They're fake potential clients that work for various companies that associate with the recruiter. Basically:

>Recruiter calls you up, you say yes
>Go to what is basically a group interview
>Do some shit in a team, then do individual presentations to 'clients', actually people from different companies looking to hire
>If the companies see something they like they'll offer you a job.
>>
>>3346743

Typical rat race shit you should avoid like the plague. Network. Then you can jobs without even interviewing or with token interviews.
>>
>>3347002
>Network. Then you can jobs without even interviewing or with token interviews.
I fucking hate this meme. Network. HOW? When you don't have a job? You don't have money to go do anything and drink cocktails with happily employed people with income.

Wtf do you talk about? "Oh what do you do?" "Nothing I'm unemployed." "Oh nice to meet you I have to go talk to people who don't suck now."
>>
>>3347122

Well you have two years right? Check what you're coworkers are doing. Hit them up for opportunities on linked in. You don't even have to physically meet them. Or hit up college buddies, etc. Some guy you know is going to work somewhere that has an opening. The better they know / respect you, the easier it is, but even a casual relationship makes it like 10x easier to get your foot in the door.

The only other alternative is mass spamming keyword tailored resumes to postings online.
>>
File: 1491774072759.jpg (47KB, 600x897px) Image search: [Google]
1491774072759.jpg
47KB, 600x897px
>>3347122

Usually you just graduate from college, pass through some shit until you eventually find a job on your field and then you build your way up from there. Networking, happy hours, just be nice to your bosses and coworkers. It happens to anyone who doesn't work subjobs. It is what happened to me.

At least this is how a normal human works.

You also do know that you're supossed to connect with anyone on linkedIn you find interesting, right? You don't need to actually know the individual in person, it's not a miracle worker but it helps, got three nice job opportunities this way over the years. It's not a social network like facebook, it is more like medium. People write articles and expect other people to connect with them on there.

Don't expect to get a job on mcdonalds and start a network there.
>>
File: 1504427820301.jpg (116KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
1504427820301.jpg
116KB, 1024x577px
>>3346743
Hmm you're in the wrong industry my man. I feel for you, don't dignify this crap, go get a huge personal loan and put it into btc and never repay it.

Lamboville doesn't have larp sales meetings
>>
>>3347209
This.

Also

>tfw no belly gf
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.