[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

remember when /biz/ talked about actual business ideas? not just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

remember when /biz/ talked about actual business ideas? not just imaginary money? can we have a board for ,you know,
EVERYTHING else?
>>
wasn't this a crypto containment board from day 1 though
>>
>>3344746
Yeah that was so fascinating back when biz talked about multi level marketing, mechanical turk and time shares.

Fuck off nocoiner scum
>>
>>3344746
Is this a pic of the NEO devs in 5 years?
>>
>>3344760
Myth to help shills keep shilling, you were obviously not around on day 1, so shut your keyboard up and lurk more
>>
Usa and china outlawed ico

I dont want to go to jail op
>>
>>3344775
ha.
>>
>>3344746
I was here when /biz/ started. it was mostly what >>3344768 said and 100 "guys i have $100 how do i become a millionaire" threads per day. There were a couple of threads where we had a paki faggot (i can't remember his trip) that married into a rich family and was acting all successful. He posted fotos of his mercedes and tried to get us to buy his shitty penny stocks. God i hated that fag
>>
>>3344768
And 100 threads revolving around kids trading crypto pokemon cards is so much more interesting.
>>
File: Container Ship.jpg (592KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Container Ship.jpg
592KB, 1600x1600px
>>3344746
Things we can talk about besides coins:
>Arbitrage
>High frequency trading
>Intermodal shipping shenanigans
>Loopholes
>Bearer instruments
>Rising economies
>Long term investing
>Municipal bonds
>Corporate governance
>etc
>>
>>3345354
Wipe lol, I liked him. OG here too. /sfig/ were really good threads tbf. Crypto taken over in 2017, and in all honesty /biz/ was dying so no bad thing.
>>
>>3344760
I thought that too but for a long time a lot of the crypto threads where getting deleted, but on the other hand trading, and investing, and economics, and entrepreneurial startups threads where all also frequently deleted in the early months. It's almost as if the people in charge didn't even know what the topic of this board was supposed to be.
>>
>>3344746
Here since day one. All it ever was - - How become millionaire? Answer- suck dicks.

There were some stock trading threads, gold and silver stuff. Some job threads, school program discussions. The odd good thread wear people actually started a business. One guy made furniture. One guy had a car detailing service where he went to the customer. Those threads were interesting and it was cool to hear people tell their stories as infrequent as it was.

It was always a slow board, we need a crypto containment board though.
>>
>>3346374
I think if there was a COIN GENERAL Thread that would unshit the board.
>>
File: 1494121316663.png (969KB, 990x5766px) Image search: [Google]
1494121316663.png
969KB, 990x5766px
>>3346388
Example of what used to be
>>
>>3345536
Dude, you just don't get it until you actually make money off of it.

The first time I made a thousand dollars in crypto just by buying low and selling a week later, I was hooked.

You might see it as "pokemon cards" because you are an outsider with no perspective and no experience. For some of us it is a valuable source of income that will greatly enhance our future financial security.
>>
File: 1475522175073.png (2MB, 1791x1768px) Image search: [Google]
1475522175073.png
2MB, 1791x1768px
Why so many threads flooding the catalog, and most of them only end up with 0 or 1 replies, wouldn't it be better to join together into a thread instead of a avalanche of single post threads?
>>
>>3346484
You could just as easily make wild bets like this in the stock market with highly leveraged options.

In bull markets - real estate, oil, silver, now crypto people make a killing and feel like they can't lose. The bull market always turns. The money you made is real, but the trend never lasts forever and 99% of traders get spit out the bowels of the system a few years later..
>>
I'm not really motivated and too depressed to bother but when do you think the crypto bubble will burst?
I mean I have no idea what it is or how it really works so I have no idea what it will look like after its infant/bubble stage
>>
File: 1485215186539.png (2MB, 2291x1956px) Image search: [Google]
1485215186539.png
2MB, 2291x1956px
I'm not arguing against trading bitcoin, it's great. But why does there need to be so many redundant threads? I'm arguing in favor of general.
>>
>>3346535
>You could just as easily make wild bets like this in the stock market with highly leveraged options.
>just as easily
wrong
and you'll be paying lending fees out the ass as well
not to mention the market is only open 5 days a week, 6.5 hours a day
>>
>>3346571
>But why does there need to be so many redundant threads?
because 95% of the people that browse are in crypto (at least) 1 thread is not enough to contain that many people.
>>
>>3346651
I don't mean confine all crypto to one thread. I mean like for a recent example have a thread like "ITS HAPPENING CHINA BANS ICOS" instead of 100 reaction threads most of which barely get any replies because every anon has to make their own separate thread.
What's wrong if it would be more like check the catalog first and if there is already a thread reply in that one instead of creating another redundant thread?
>>
>>3344746
Quit whining and make a thread for it faggot.
>>
>>3346535
Old world financial investments take forever to turn a small profit unless you are a financial institution moving tremendous amounts of capital. There's also miles of red tape.

Just comparing crypto to "pokemon cards" shows you have no clue. The stakes are high and there are no fucking rules, this is not a game for kids, bro.

Of course the bull market turns. That's why you define exit points and cash out some every now and then, once you've made good money. If you leave your net worth parked in anything with a volatile price then you deserve the consequences.
>>
>>3346793
>take forever to turn a small profit unless you are a financial institution moving tremendous amounts of capital
You missed the part where I said 'highly leveraged' - not that you would understand that. There are plenty of options for bets that swing wildly

>>3346793
>Just comparing crypto to "pokemon cards" shows you have no clue
Wrong guy retard
>>
>>3345354

Remember iHaz? That guy was such a pain in the ass. With his legal practice in the midwest and his handful of index fund holdings.
>>
>>3346766
>What's wrong if it would be more like check the catalog first and if there is already a thread reply in that one instead of creating another redundant thread?
that's up to the mods to delete duplicate threads, this happens on every board though. Mods here just don't do their job as often
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.