[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have received a letter from a collections agency about parking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cash.jpg (23KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
cash.jpg
23KB, 450x319px
I have received a letter from a collections agency about parking tickets that have all been resolved they say if i dont pay it it will affect my credit score. can it affect my credit score if i have yet to even have one. i have yet to get a credit card or take out a loan of any kind all that i have ever had is a bank account and a regular debit card.
>>
If you're still getting letters, then they weren't all resolved.
>>
You need to settle your parking tickets. It will negatively affect your credit and your general peace of mind.
>>
can you prove they have all been resolved?

i dont know which country you are in (assuming US here), but if you can prove they have been resolved, send them a stern letter, letting them know in no uncertain terms that you already paid, that they should confirm you already paid in 7 days, and that any further communication from them after this will be treated as harassment and unfair business practice by your lawyers.

if in Europe you should have more leeway. Collection agencies are way better regulated there.

most threats inside collection agency letters are total bullshit. they are buckshot approach at finding something for you to worry about. given that they try to attack your credit score, without you even holding a credit score card, shows you they are desperate and out of touch.

ALWAYS, always, make them give you proof of debt first. they may try to pin a parking ticket on you that is not even yours, just because your car brand or last name is remotely similar to a claim they bought, and they are at a loss without finding the perp.
>>
>>3332578

if i said they were from a private parking company would that change anything. paying the tickets is not the issue i have gotten a ticket from the same company which i had paid because i did not have the pass displayed correctly but they have no proof other than a picture of my license plate that a meter maid took a picture of, they have nothing of my dash or anything else to prove i did not pay
>>
>>3332639
honestly i cant really prove they have been resolved i called them from a payphone because i did not feel like dealing with them any more or being harassed
>>
>>3332645
sounds like you owe the company some money then. picture of your license plate is enough to make your life shittier. just pay. fuck with them a bit sure, but pay up.

no debt will go away, unless it is less than 40$. and even then, you would be a fool not just paying.

if you want to scam them you are already too late. save that for a future case and properly plan. they got you by the balls already.
>>
This is in Canada by the way not sure if it differs that much from US
>>
>>3332674
they can get your real-life number from your plate. all OPSEC, like payphone stuff, now is futile and waste of your energy.
>>
>>3332721
Did you not get an invoice when you paid for the ticket? Request the city for confirmation you paid the tickets.
>>
>>3332753
it was not a ticket from the city it was from a private parking company at my uni
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.